Invasion of Barmenia

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Invasion of Barmenia

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:53 am

OOC:

I already said Beluzia can't participate in the war unless a threat is posed directly to us.
Beluzia's law prevents the government from summoning the nation's military for intervention in foreign wars.

You cannot ask "Beluzia" to intervene, but you can ask a royal family, in Beluzia, to send its own troops.

--

We're only doing diplomacy. We're not engaging in war, and the D-Accords are ridiculous. We already have our nation's military calculated.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby catparty » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:08 am

OOC:

If you are not going to be taking part in the war, it would be best if you kept your commentary to the Beluzian news thread then. If Barmenia does a future RP with Beluzia, perhaps we can use your accords then. For this war we are using the D-accords.
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby catparty » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:17 am

The Feline Homeland extends its gratitude to Deltaria for its offer of aid.

We reiterate our desire for peace with Davostag. Barmenia is interested in nothing more than a restoration of debt payments from Davostag. The international world order can only stand in harmony when we all do our part to meet our obligations.

We urge Davostag to not interfere with our democratic peace activists, Feline rights advocates, and debt collectors.

-Persian Lokasenna,
Felis Supremis,

Defense forces are moved towards the coastlines of the island of Kathuristan in Barmenia, in preperation to defend against a potential IML landing on Barmenian shores.

Barmenia launches an array of sailboats in a defensive screen between the Barmenian fleet and the larger Davostagi fleet. If Davostag attacks, they will need to mow through the unarmed sailboats. Footage of this attack will be played by the Barmenian News Service across Terra to play up the violence inherent to the Davostagi invaders.

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Davostag Fleet Retreats Back Home

Postby federalist11 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:29 am

Davostag Fleet Retreats Back Home

The Davostag Fleet is returning back to Davostag after a long stand off between the two nations. As they were leaving Barmenian waters, a lone Battleship fired on Barmenian's armada of sailboats causing a large explosion in the harbor of Arakhim. Prince Harrisen denies giving the order and has refused to compensate the Barmenians for the damage and loss of life which is believed to be a dozen people and at least one cat. The Davostag Fleet will be heading back to Asgardian Harbor in Davograd for repairs and decommissioning of older ships. The Davostag military will be replacing damaged and unreliable ships from the Satanic Republican regime and replacing the entire navy with a smaller but more technologically advanced fleet.

Davostag Battleship Fires on Barmenian Sailboat Armada

Barmenian's were horrified and surprised by the attack while unconvinced that Prince Harrisen had not given the order. Many of them have now called upon the government to avenge the attack.

Harbor of Arakhim
federalist11

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:48 pm

catparty wrote:OOC:

If you are not going to be taking part in the war, it would be best if you kept your commentary to the Beluzian news thread then.

And again, you misread our message.

BELUZIA cannot participate in the war.
THE KARAV DYNASTY can.
THE WILLIAMS FAMILY can.

You addressed me as "Beluzia" and I'm saying "Beluzia" cannot take part in the war. THE KARAV DYNASTY plans to participate, even if that is simply giving Davostag some troops (under their command). We are not sure exactly how much, and it's probably going to be between 20,000 and 50,000.

If Barmenia does a future RP with Beluzia, perhaps we can use your accords then.
No. You do not have to use my accords. My accords are just for military calculation of my nation; you should know how to calculate your own nation's military (you should already know which accord(s) you use). If we get into other wars, we're not expecting others to use our accord. Our accord is solely for calculation. The calculations are already done.
My military is already calculated and updated: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=344680
I was just saying that the size of our military isn't going to magically change right before a war.

We accept the part of the D-Accords that detail how many troops it would take to make certain types of units; we would do that, but we wouldn't change our military size. If you want to limit our deployment, that is fine (but if you attack us on our land, it's the full military that's retaliating).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby federalist11 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:13 pm

OOC: The catparty's comment is still valid. If you personally as a player or as a party will not be participating then you should keep your comments out of this thread. Catparty and I can easily RP outside the forums and put the results on the Wiki but we would also like to display it for other users to read so they know what is going on and may participate as well. If the Karav Party wishes to participate it must be under the command of the Allied Commander which will be King Christian I. Since the war will be on Davostag waters and soil any military movement by Karav must be approved by Davostag beforehand. Also, if you wish to participate you must follow the Davostag Paramilitary Accord:

Voter participation numbers/100 * % of seats = Troop numbers
For example 80 million/100 * 25% of seats = 200,000 troops

If you don't follow this equation as posted here you can't participate in this RP and that goes for all other paramilitary players. I have made it fairly clear that D-Accords will be used or nothing.
federalist11

Postby catparty » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:51 pm

The Barmenian 1st fleet is joined by their second fleet as they pursue the Davostagi attackers. The 2nd fleet had previously been transporting military materials to the island of Kathuristan, as there had previously been less of a military presence there. (The government makes a point to add additional military infrastructure to the island to protect it in the future.)

General Rodentia Hunter and Lieutenant General Jörmungandr the Cat laugh off Davostag's claims that their attack had been unintended.

"We will do our part to obtain replacement ships from Davostag to make up for the Barmenian property that was destroyed. Furthermore, we intend to capture the murderers who executed the Barmenian cat, and will have them stand trial in Barmenia."

The Barmenian fleet fires upon the Davostagi forces as both groups crash through the waters on the way to Davostag.

Artist's rendition of the battle.

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:45 am

federalist11 wrote:OOC: The catparty's comment is still valid. If you personally as a player or as a party will not be participating then you should keep your comments out of this thread. Catparty and I can easily RP outside the forums and put the results on the Wiki but we would also like to display it for other users to read so they know what is going on and may participate as well. If the Karav Party wishes to participate it must be under the command of the Allied Commander which will be King Christian I. Since the war will be on Davostag waters and soil any military movement by Karav must be approved by Davostag beforehand. Also, if you wish to participate you must follow the Davostag Paramilitary Accord:

Voter participation numbers/100 * % of seats = Troop numbers
For example 80 million/100 * 25% of seats = 200,000 troops

If you don't follow this equation as posted here you can't participate in this RP and that goes for all other paramilitary players. I have made it fairly clear that D-Accords will be used or nothing.

I do intend to participate, but by sending defence troops and nothing else.
It's not "Beluzia" that will be participating, however; it is the Karav Dynasty that is supporting Davostag's defence against Barmenia. The Karav Dynasty, not Beluzia. The calculation of our troops are already based on voter participation.

Our military size is already calculated.
We can't just change it for the war.

Tell me the largest amount of support troops I can send (according to the D-Accords).
If I send troops, I don't intend to keep command of them; I plan to put them under the direct command of Davostag.

--

Remember, it's the party paramilitary that is being sent, not Beluzia's military.
We had 20,153,026 votes in the last election, and that gave us 34.34% of the seats.
That should be 69,205. We can't say we only have 69,205 troops, because that would be contradictory to our existing (and constantly updated) records. If by using the D-Accords, you mean limiting the number of troops that I can use to participate, then I accept that, but I will not state a contradictory size. Since by the D-Accords, I would have over 60,000 troops, I guess there is no problem with me sending 25,000-50,000 under the control of King Christian I.
Siggon Kristov

Postby catparty » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 am

OOC: Lets all keep a consistent number of troops within the context of this conflict. I don't care if you have a trillion troops in other RPs. :D

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:18 am

catparty wrote:OOC: Lets all keep a consistent number of troops within the context of this conflict. I don't care if you have a trillion troops in other RPs. :D

It's not about other RPs. You're not getting what I'm saying.
I'm saying that Beluzia records and keeps track of its military size: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=344680

Our troop size isn't about our RPs. We don't have different troops sizes in different RPs.

If the D-Accords are meant to determine how many troops I can use in the conflict, then no problem, but it shouldn't determine how many troops I have, because it would be unrealistic for me to change that for the 1 war.

Our military size is already calculated, in and out of wartime.
We don't wait for a war before we calculate our militaries.

The D-Accords can regulate the deployment of troops in this war, but I think it's ridiculous to allow it to determine Beluzia's military size, which has been recorded and updated before this war started.

--

Federalist11 just needs to tell me the max number of troops I can deploy.
They'll be under his command, anyway.

The only thing, that I won't do, is changing Beluzia's military size records because of 1 RP.
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to World Events