Holy Hosian Patriarchal Churches Council

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Holy Hosian Patriarchal Churches Council

Postby Polites » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Yes, I know people make up their own religions and churches all the time, which is great and awesome. The problem is when IG history (i.e. things that were actually RPd within the game, as opposed to adding or changing stuff on the wiki) is changed drastically. This is not really the issue here though, as the SPC itself recognizes that it elected its first Pope in 2385, as seen on the organization's page:

List of Supreme Watchers:
33AD-66AD Kepha I
66AD-2385 First Dark Age
April 8, 2385-May 21, 2408 Ioannes I
May 28, 2408-??? Paulus I
???-April 28, 2568 Second Dark Age
April 28, 2568-??? Pius I
???-??? Third Dark Age
???-??? Gregorius I
???-December 6, 3223 Fourth Dark Age
December 6, 3223-January 11, 3242 Paulus II
January 12, 3242-January 19, 3245 Paulus III
January 19, 3245-December 28, 3254 Paulus IV
February 7, 3255-June 15, 3295 Alexander I
June 15, 3295-March 7, 3333 Fifth Dark Age
March 7, 3333-July 16, 3365 Marius I
July 16, 3365-9 July 3391 Sixth Dark Age
9 July 3391-2 February 3446 Sulla I
14 February 3446 - 3486 Justus III
3486 - present: Thomas V

So there isn't really that much to retcon: in 1819 Selucia, ruled by radically anti-Hosian pagans, began persecuting the Hosians there, driving the Church, including the Papacy, underground; the rest of the Church fractured into independent branches due to the lack of a Terra-wide Papacy and the supposed loss of Apostolic Succession in Selucia as a result of the persecutions; the concept was revived in 2104 and later in 2134 in Deltaria, and as desire for Patriarchal unity was common, most Patriarchal Churches accepted the Deltarian Pope; meanwhile Hosians continued being a persecuted minority in Selucia, until the Aurorian Papacy was revived in 2385; during the next few centuries, and partially owing to the abuses committed by the Deltarian Popes, a plurality of Patriarchal Hosians came to recognize the Pope of the SPC as the legitimate heir of the Arch-Patriarch of the Holy Apostolic Hosian Church of Terra. That is basically the history of Particracy's Papacy that keeps in mind IG history and the pre-game historical background of Hosianism. It also makes more sense for most Patriarchals to have accepted the Deltarian Pope (for a while) if there was no other claimant to the Papacy; if the SPC and its Papacy had been around back then, why would all other Patriarchals accept some other claimant as Pope, nearly unanimously, and why would most of them continue to not recognize the Aurorian Pope?

egalion wrote:This is what I'm saying: we need to put the Catholic Church together so it will be easy to keep it under RP control and give it a sense. I don't believe that is is possisble to assimilate one into the other at this point. Would you see the RL Catholic Church converting in block to Orthodoxy and saying Mass in Slavonic?? Would you see the opposite with Russian Orthodox saying tridentine Mass?

I believe we should fin a solution, maybe with particular churches and shared leadership (even if I believe there should be only one Pope). But we have to be RP rational.

I'm not taking an absolute stance for the SPC as you are for the TPC, nor I think anyone should or this Council will be useless and Catholicism in Terra will continue to divide and go out of control.

Several players, myself included, have been working for a while in merging the various Patriarchal Churches; there used to be a plethora of national "Catholic" Churches, which have now been reduced to the main three. The problem right now is that all of these three have long established histories and quite specific individual identities. As to there being three Popes, that is not in itself a bad thing; right now, there are, for instance, five different Patriarchs of Antioch (three of whom are in full communion with Rome), and until 1953 there were six. I personally have no issue with the status quo; perhaps one major change could be made, namely reunifying the TPC with the Theognosian Church, as they have a common early history, but only as long as it's done under the Papez.

The reason I'm so "absolute" about the TPC is that I really really like it; it is a unique institution that is not the carbon copy of any RL Church, but the combination of the worst (and most interesting) features of the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages and of the Russian Church throughout its history. Not that I hate the SPC or the TC, but I find that the TPC is the most interesting of the Patriarchal Churches, and its unique features have given birth to much engaging and fun RP since the early days of Particracy.
Polites

Postby malabar1 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Dear delegates to the Council,

The Malivian government alerts you to the following threats made in our country toward Hosians by the Fatherland Front. Please see the respective news thread for further information: viewtopic.php?f=17&p=82465#p82465
malabar1

Postby egalion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:06 am

malabar1 wrote:Dear delegates to the Council,

The Malivian government alerts you to the following threats made in our country toward Hosians by the Fatherland Front. Please see the respective news thread for further information: viewtopic.php?f=17&p=82465#p82465

The King and the Monarchy in Egelion will not let this go unnoticed. If the FF ever takes power and implements its violent menaces, Egelion will take action.
Cognoscetis Veritatem Et Veritas Liberabit Vos
egalion

Postby egalion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:20 pm

In the Name of Elyon and Eliyahu
THE NEW COUNCIL OF AURORIA
Anno Domini 3797

Today, 3264 years after the First Council of Auroria, the bishops of Patriacrchal Hosianism meet again in the same place to discuss the same core beliefs as many centuries earlier. Many have expected such an event, since the Churches have not been in communion and have had cold relations since 1819. The place, Auroria, carries a huge symbolism because it was once the seat of the Pope, an office whose legitimacy and existance have been disputed after 1819.

Bishops arriving in St. Michael's square are greeting by cheering faithful

Bishops and delegates come from:
Terran Patriarchal Church
Theognosian Church
Selucian Patriarchal Church

The issue that will be discussed:
† The core beliefs of Hosianism
† The legacy of the Holy Apostolic Church of Terra
† The relationships between the Patriarchal Churches
† The role of Patriarchal Hosianism in Terra and the modern world
† Other Issues raised by the delegates

There is a lot of tension and insecurity between the prelates of confessions that have not enjoyed serious dialogue for almost 2 millenia. No one is sure what to expect from this Council, since many environments inside the three Churches are looking suspiciously at this meeting. Neither the Papetz of Deltaria nor the Archbishop of VIlle de Saints have showed up yet, and the Arch-Patriarch of Selucia is very cautious and will not attend the proceeding until his two peers will be present.

A Terran bishop from Vorona discusses the Malivian crisis with the Selucian Primate of Malivia
Last edited by egalion on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
egalion

Postby Polites » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:36 pm

TPC Delegation Arrives

Terran Patriarchal delegation at the Aurorian Council

The delegation representing the Terran Patriarchal Church arrives in Auroria to participate in the inter-Patriarchal council in the City. Due to the political circumstances in Deltaria and the conflict between the Church and the Czardom, His Highest Holiness Pápež Tomáš VIII will be unable to participate in person. Instead, the delegation is led by József Kardinal Pázmány, the Archbishop of Sörpatak and Metropolitan of Dissuwa, who was granted the right to fully represent His Highest Holiness.

The notoriously isolationist Terran Patriarchal Church has expressed much suspicion as to the necessity of this Council, and the Church generally avoids any dialogue with fellow Patriarchal Churches. The Pápež may however try to gain an upper hand over the Czardom's government by gaining the recognition of other Hosian Churches, so the TPC delegation may push for unification under the Pápež. There is however one major obstacle in the reunification of the Aurorian Churches, namely that in the eyes of the two Deltarian-originated Churches, the Throne of St. Michael in Auroria has been vacant since 1819, as they consider the current SPC Arch-Patriarch an illegitimate claimant. This is still a momentous event for the Terran Patriarchal Church, as it is the first time in centuries that it officially accepts dialogue with other Churches.
Polites

Postby Antani Sfini » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:38 pm

The delegation of the ☨ Theognosian Church of Istalia

Bishop Gregory of Romula arrived at the Council of Auroria with the official delegation

Bishop Gregory with the Archbishop Gabriel XII and the delegation

AURORIA - Bishop Gregory arrived this morning at the Council of Auroria with the official delegation of the ☨Theognosian Church. Along with him are the auxiliary bishops Eugenio and Evagrio and several priests. The arrival of the official delegate of ☨ Theognosian Church was preceded by an interview that he wanted to release to the istalian press Corriere d'Istalia and in which he said: "Our fraternity goes to the council with great expectations and with great humility. We know that many frappongo years of silence between us and the other sister churches and that this will be very difficult to solve. However you need to open new avenues in which Elyon can act for a full reconciliation and an unexpected communion".
Last edited by Antani Sfini on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Antani Sfini

Postby JesuisVi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:34 am

CHURCH OF TRIGUNIA DELEGATION

The delegation of the Trigunian Church has arrived in Auroria earlier today. The Church is part of the Terran Patriarchal Church, and its members are orthodox and faithful to tradition. The Church is the State Church in Trigunia and it is mandatory for all citizens, hence having around 99 million faithful. The Church has over 150 bishops, is widely wealthy, and it is under the direct control of the State and the Tzar. Many government officials will accompany the delegation of 40 bishops and 60 theologians and representatives. The delegation is headed nominally by the Karidnal of Trigunia (in blue in the picture) but the real power is said to be in the hands of the personal chaplain of the Tzar (with the gold mitre in the picture). The personal Chaplain happens to be the cousin of the Tzar and was appointed after the suspicious death of the previous one. the relations with the Papetz and the rest of the TPC have been difficult lately because of the rivalry between the tzardom of Tirgunia and that of Deltaria. Additionally, the Church in Trigunia is very conservative and has come under fire in the past for attacking the worship of the Deltarian gods in favor of a more solid monotheism. Nevertheless, the Tzar is a self proclaimed devout to the Papetz and has recently donated a copious amount of money for church restoration in the Holy Lands.

JesuisVi

Postby Kubrick » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:02 am

Archbishop of Papel joins Council of Auroria
Tasked to represent Vanuku's Patriarchal Hosians by the Khagan.

Archbishop Peter of Papel.

Auroria, Selucia - Officially the Pápež (also called Papes in Vanuku) of the Terran Patriarchal Church is the supreme leader of all TPC regions. In Vanuku however the Archbishop of Papel represents the TPC in most political and religious matters and many tasks are delegated to him by the Pápež from Deltaria. The Prince of Vanuku, Khagan Laurens-Wrntukai, is a devout Patriarchal Hosian. The royal family has been Patriarchal Hosian ever since the legendary founder of the house converted to Hosianism to please the Augustan Emperors in the south. Archbishop Peter hopes to join the delegation of the TPC while making sure the voice of Vanuku will be heard during the council meetings.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby egalion » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:01 am

CHURCH OF EGELION

Significant participation from the distant country in Keris

A very large delegation's form Egelion has arrived this morning in Auroria for the Council composed of priests, bishops, laity and clergy members. Around 93% of Egelonians are Selucian Patriarchal, making it one of the biggest Hosian countries in the world. Egelonians are very religious as a population, and the government just financed the construction of more than 50 churches and 3 cathedrals around the nation. The ruler of Egelion, the king Juan Felipe de Montalivet y Nueva-Formos, is very religious himself and a devout of Sarahae, mother of Eliyahu. He has personally sent 20 members of the government in representation in Auroria and many compnents of the Royal Family; unofficial rumors say he may visit too.

The picture shows Cardinal Montalto-Rodriguez, Archibishop of Demar Solad with his entourage.

Although Egelion and Selucia are quite distant, the relationships between the two countries have been always friendly since the Hosianization of Egelion. Annually, many Egelonians visit the EMpyrean Temple in Pilgrimage.
Of the 12 cardinals of Egelion, 8 will be arriving in Selucia, while 2 are part of the Curia in Auroria; the remaining two will stay in Egelion due to their old age. Also, more than 60 bishops are expected together with a great number of priests, theologians and lay members.

The eight caridnals that will travel to Selucia in the following days.
egalion

Postby Reddy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:24 am

Jelbanian Delegation Arrives

Senior members of the Jelbanian delegation

The delegation from the Khanate of Jelbania arrived in Auroria earlier today for the Council. 25% of Jelbanians are memmbers of the Terran Patriarchal Church, most of them being members of Jelbania's numerous ethnic minorities, particularly the Jelbaniens. The delegation consists of Michel Kardinal Fillon, Archbiskup of Baofluz, four Biskups and several canon law experts to advise the Biskups. Kardinal Archbiskup Michel the leader of the delegation said that they intended to approach the Council with a simple stance -insisting on the supremacy and perfection of the TPC and urging other churches to recognise and repent from their various heresies while treating all with respect. The hardline stance is hardly surprising since the Jelbek branch of the TPC is one of the most conservative . The small size of the delegation however is likely to weaken its voice in the Council.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

PreviousNext

Return to World Events