A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

Postby BananaZebra » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:16 pm

Robert F. Kennedy wrote:
Could I know why, except if I am oversteeping my boundaries?

"Why?" Valeria snorted. "I am the Princess of Egelion, a title she belittled every chance she got. She was jealous, honestly. As kids, she would sometimes spend time here during the summers. We would often spend time together then, in the gardens, in classes. Inseparable, almost, in the way that a tumor which has sufficiently attached to a vital organ becomes inseparable. Any time I was better at something, she'd get hostile; when she was better, she'd gloat."

Valeria paused, laughing hollowly.

"Ironic then, isn't it, that I'm now her sister-in-law."

Pausing again to raise an eyebrow, she continued.

"And it's quite a sudden change of character for you tonight to start caring about overstepping boundaries..."
Hizb al-Ishtiraki al-Dimuqrati (Badara)
Uniós Párt | Partidul Unirii (New Endralon and Kizenia)
BananaZebra

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:08 am

BananaZebra wrote:
Robert F. Kennedy wrote:
Could I know why, except if I am oversteeping my boundaries?

"Why?" Valeria snorted. "I am the Princess of Egelion, a title she belittled every chance she got. She was jealous, honestly. As kids, she would sometimes spend time here during the summers. We would often spend time together then, in the gardens, in classes. Inseparable, almost, in the way that a tumor which has sufficiently attached to a vital organ becomes inseparable. Any time I was better at something, she'd get hostile; when she was better, she'd gloat."

Valeria paused, laughing hollowly.

"Ironic then, isn't it, that I'm now her sister-in-law."

Pausing again to raise an eyebrow, she continued.

"And it's quite a sudden change of character for you tonight to start caring about overstepping boundaries..."

The Prince sighed.

Indeed, it was a mistake. I should have been more...willing about my opposition...

Yet...at least my involvement in that scandal will not be known to the public...that's for sure, for all I care points his finger to Erszébet and Dumitru they are going to face problems.
Tory Party (Hardliners) - Primary account.
Controller of the House of Orange-Villayn Armstead.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:08 am

The Prince of Orange was eyeing the Golf Pitch of the Palais des Lumières, thank God he knew how to speak Canrillaise...yet he needed to know who would be interested at playing with him...and worse, convincing Catherine to open it.

He eyed the Yeudi Meleh, Gabriel, the drunk Peter Thaller and some Benowitz...they were the type of men to play and talk about the most important thing in Luthori...money.
Tory Party (Hardliners) - Primary account.
Controller of the House of Orange-Villayn Armstead.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Mbites » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 am

Robert F. Kennedy wrote:The Prince of Orange was eyeing the Golf Pitch of the Palais des Lumières, thank God he knew how to speak Canrillaise...yet he needed to know who would be interested at playing with him...and worse, convincing Catherine to open it.

He eyed the Yeudi Meleh, Gabriel, the drunk Peter Thaller and some Benowitz...they were the type of men to play and talk about the most important thing in Luthori...money.

Thaller, now a little sobered up, shakes Benowitz awake after seeing the Prince of Orange eyeing the guests.

Oy, Sikreet, Look, thats some Luthori prince, I bet he is a chap to have a good time with, he's artanian after all.
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:51 am

Mbites wrote:
Robert F. Kennedy wrote:The Prince of Orange was eyeing the Golf Pitch of the Palais des Lumières, thank God he knew how to speak Canrillaise...yet he needed to know who would be interested at playing with him...and worse, convincing Catherine to open it.

Thaller, now a little sobered up, shakes Benowitz awake after seeing the Prince of Orange eyeing the guests.

Oy, Sikreet, Look, thats some Luthori prince, I bet he is a chap to have a good time with, he's artanian after all.

Sikreet Benowitz (Beiteynu)

He had been watching the comings and goings with the look of a man being far away. He felt himself fading. He sipped his 7th Boulevardier, barely aware of any effect it had on him. His bitterness broke only once when the Hulanevek (Kundrati) approached the bar to order fancy wine; bartender said something to him.

Peter Thaller (N&D) was nudging him for attention; yet his mind was still on Hulanevek - he could not leave this party without a resolution with that guy.

He looked at where Peter was pointing.

Ah; he motioned the Prince of Orange (Luthori) to join them at the bar.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Luis1p » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:24 pm

It is now 23:00, 11 PM. After several conversations and moments of "interest" the party reaches its peak. Several of the rooms and lounges of the Palace continue to be open to the general public, despite the recent ongoings. The Queen, due to several requests from the Royal Guard and the Palace Groundskeepers, opens the full gardens of the palace, which includes the sunken gardens, the reflecting pools, and the sports courts.

Inside the palace, sinner is being served to those who are interested at the Great Hall. Some participate, others dont. The Royal Symphony Orchestra team continues to play several pieces of music. The children of Catherine V, all single, continue to dance with party guests, becoming great hosts. The night is still young.

Outside, the stars shine and reflect on the still pools. The fireworks are continuing and now several party guests flock outside to enjoy the festivities.

music starts at 1:30
Luis1p

Postby hyraemous » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:51 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:
Mbites wrote:

Sikreet Benowitz (Beiteynu)

He had been watching the comings and goings with the look of a man being far away. He felt himself fading. He sipped his 7th Boulevardier, barely aware of any effect it had on him. His bitterness broke only once when the Hulanevek (Kundrati) approached the bar to order fancy wine; bartender said something to him.

Peter Thaller (N&D) was nudging him for attention; yet his mind was still on Hulanevek - he could not leave this party without a resolution with that guy.

He looked at where Peter was pointing.

Ah; he motioned the Prince of Orange (Luthori) to join them at the bar.

William Jankovič Hulanevek (Kundrati)

Fuck.

[He would look at Sikreet Benowitz before sighing and mumbling some more phrases in Endralonian. Then, he would approach the duo.]

Peter. Perhaps we can share a word together? There's a room in the palace I wish to show you.
hyraemous

Postby Mbites » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:53 pm

hyraemous wrote:
Fuck.

[He would look at Sikreet Benowitz before sighing and mumbling some more phrases in Endralonian. Then, he would approach the duo.]

Peter. Perhaps we can share a word together? There's a room in the palace I wish to show you.

Raising an eyebrow, Peter downed a shot, exhaled and answered.
Oh? You got me interested, but this better be about money Hulavenek.
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby hyraemous » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:54 pm

Mbites wrote:
hyraemous wrote:
Fuck.

Raising an eyebrow, Peter downed a shot, exhaled and answered.
Oh? You got me interested, but this better be about money Hulavenek.

Hulanevek would grab one of his arms before hanging them on Peter's shoulders, slowly nudging him along to one of the bedrooms currently unoccupied and nodding along.
hyraemous

Postby Mbites » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:55 pm

hyraemous wrote:Hulanevek would grab one of his arms before hanging them on Peter's shoulders, slowly nudging him along to one of the bedrooms currently unoccupied and nodding along.

Thaller follows along slightly worried about what Hulanevek would show him.
Mbites

PreviousNext

Return to World Events