Quarantine of International Territory bordering Lodamun

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Quarantine of International Territory bordering Lodamun

Postby TWoodWil » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Our initial convoy through the quarantine zone has already left port and will proceed as planned and further convoys may be considered in the future. Ships of His Majesty's Imperial Navy will ensure Lodamunese cooperation and deter possible third-party action against our vessels.

Anders Raske
Governor-General

OOC: I may be wrong, but Yank I think you're using the light blue colored areas to indicate territorial waters. That isn't correct.
Liberaldemokratische Allianz
Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
TWoodWil

Postby Eusebius » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Dear President Kynes and dear Minister Kynes

We consider our friendship solid and useful, but I must vigilate over my nation and the resence of a foreign Fleet near our national water is cause of anxiety for Telamon's people.
However we believe that your intentions are only in the interest of everybody and you will follow all international laws, but we' ll controll the situation carefully.

Sincerly

Admiral Joaquin Damian y Iturbide
President of Telamon

Admiral Luis Ibarra
Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces
Eusebius

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:00 pm

The government of Hulstria was given specific instructions are to how we would proceed. The terms on which we based our decision were clearly outlined. Please recall your military vessels and we will hold our end of the bargain as promised.

We will simply not allow any military vessels besides those of Luthori to enter the quarantine zone. Governor-General Raske, you know our position very well. If your military ships are not recalled, you will have to cross through the freeway paths outlined earlier. Your vessels will be more than secured without the need of military presence by your Navy.

Any further specifics about this issue, please direct it specifically to our Defense Ministry.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun

OOC: I hope you got my messages. As for the map, the light blue areas already came with it. Look at the World Map and you'll see them. I have no idea what they are supposed to mean (possibly territorial waters).
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby TWoodWil » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Your message reads in part:

"After careful consultation with our allies, we have decided to allow Hulstrian ships through our quarantine zone unaffected effective immediately. Of course, we are requesting that you collaborate with us to track down any possible terrorists that may board your ships. We are also requesting that you coordinate with our Defense Ministry in order to track down and recognize your ships in order to avoid any misunderstandings."

We have decided to accept your request and provide you with the general route of our convoy. Ships of the Imperial Navy are Hulstrian ships and such, by accepting our original request, shall be exempted from search and boarding. Our military ships are part of the convoy to prevent and "track down" terrorists or other third-party organizations.

Anders Raske
Governor-General

OOC: I hope you got my messages. As for the map, the light blue areas already came with it. Look at the World Map and you'll see them. I have no idea
what they are supposed to mean (possibly territorial waters).

OOC: The light blue areas aren't territorial waters. So while you may be drawing the quarantine around those areas, you're still going up against nations' territorial, EEZ, and transitory zones.
Liberaldemokratische Allianz
Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
TWoodWil

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:21 pm

The President has expressed his discontent for the releasing of private messages. This government expects the privacy of communications to be kept, especially in a delicate subject such as national security. We ask the Hulstrian government to please not release any more private messages from our government unless strictly necessary to do so.

We clearly asked your government to coordinate with our Defense Ministry. That has not happened as of yet. We expect the government of Hulstria to communicate with our Defense Ministry before any ships try to cross our quarantine zone. We also expect the Hulstrian ships not to intervene in any way with the enforcement of our quarantine zone.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun

OOC: Hey, I cannot guess that you accept something if you don't tell me that you did. A "I accept your offer" message would have been nice. ;)

As far as the map goes, I will mention this for the last time and that's it. The maps here are inaccurate. There is no measuring scale whatsoever and no possible way to estimate distance other that eye balling it. I have mentioned several times that the quarantine zone does not extend into territorial waters or sovereign territory of any country. The map only gives a general idea of where it is so players have a rough idea of the area. Please, leave the map imperfections alone. Yes, we suck at doing maps. Well, there is nothing we can do about that. Take our word for it in OOC. The quarantine zone doezs not extend into sovereign territory of any country except Lodamun's and Luthori's and both are authorized by their respective government.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Jay (LDP) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:07 am

The Foreign Ministry of the Holy Luthori Empire sees no reason why Hulstria's convoy should not be allowed to contain a modest military presence. We have no doubt that their intentions are not of a hostile nature - at least not towards Lodamun or Luthori anyway.

As far as the government of the Holy Luthori Empire is concerned, the ships from Hulstria shall pass through the quarantine zone freely and without interruption. Our presence in the waters is not to cause disruptions to the world, but to protect us from the Nova Terran terrorists.

We would also like to re-iterate the valid point made by Ms Elizabeth Kynes - although we have no intention of harming your convoy whatsoever, co-ordinating your routes through either the Lodamun or Luthori government will ensure that the process occurs smoothly and without disruption. Communication between allies is key to our success in defeating terrorism.

Regards,

Mr Harry McCormack
Foreign Minister of the Holy Luthori Empire

Mr Anthony Stephenson
Acting-Prime Minister of the Holy Luthori Empire
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby Jay (LDP) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:12 am

TWoodWil wrote:OOC: The light blue areas aren't territorial waters. So while you may be drawing the quarantine around those areas, you're still going up against nations' territorial, EEZ, and transitory zones.

OOC: Bringing up this issue seems really pointless, to me. The fact remains that it has been stated that no ships will enter any nations' territorial waters. Looking at the world map, it's difficult to point out exactly where a nation's territorial waters end - it makes it far easier if we use the light blue area as a representation of a nations territory and the darker blue as international waters. If you really find the map that hard to comprehend, we can delete all the maps and you can just go by our word. The only reason the map is there is to make things a little simpler for everybody to know where the quarantine is and where it isn't.

What is it with people and trying to screw up every attempt at a decent RP in this game. Whether you agree with what we are doing or not, please don't try and turn it into yet another pointless OOC argument. Keep it IC and make the debate and conflict interesting.
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:17 pm

His Most Esteemed Majesty's government and prime minister approve of the course of action that was taken in regards to Hulstria's issues with the Imperial and Lodamunese quarantine. We wish to reiterate our friendship with His Majesty's government of Hulstria who is from the same House as our beloved Emperor and thus a friend to all Luthoris.

We would also like to add that under the "Defense of the Realm Act", the Empire does not recognize the current Nova Terran "government" of Hobrazia as anything more than a band of criminals and protectors of terrorists. We recognize the legitimate government of Hobrazia as being the one in place before the Nova Terran coup, prominently leaded by the First Party of Hobrazia.

Lord John Rannigan,
Prime Minister of Luthori
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Fascist egomaniac pigs. Yeah, you, Axis kisser, Rannigan.

~ Gir-jonathan Sektual
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:15 pm

We are admiring such an intelligent comment by a known observer. Perhaps this gentleman would like to come to Luthori where he can be thaught some manners at the tip of a sword.

Sir Shaun Donohowe,
Secretary to the Prime Minister of Luthori
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

PreviousNext

Return to World Events