Quarantine of International Territory bordering Lodamun

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Quarantine of International Territory bordering Lodamun

Postby MrBean111 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:51 pm

To the Lodamun Foreign Affairs Minister;
How has Lodamun been able to produce such a large fleet considering the fact that only 35-40 years ago Lodamun was on the brink of anarchy because of economic and social turmoil? That is 200 ships including 8 aircraft carriers which I'm presuming they all have numerous amounts of aircraft on it in that section. While I do acknowledge other nations have taken part in this quarantine, I ask how has Lodamun been able to make these purchases and/or come up with the money in a short amount of time to build all these military structures?

Since this is not a UNT meeting, anyone can speak here right?

Sincerely,
A concerned Hulstrian government official
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby YankeeHater » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:01 pm

No, you may not speak. Lodamun can do it because the Liberal Party decided it. It's funded by a tree that grows money - which is valid RP - look into it.
YankeeHater

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:05 pm

YankeeHater wrote:No, you may not speak. Lodamun can do it because the Liberal Party decided it. It's funded by a tree that grows money - which is valid RP - look into it.

This might be an Iori-worthy moment, "I'm being realistic, I only have 24 aircraft carriers."
jethro

Postby TWoodWil » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:08 pm

The Government of the Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria also requests that the Foreign Ministry of Lodamun cite the international law being used as precedent for the establishment of "quarantines" in international waters.
Liberaldemokratische Allianz
Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
TWoodWil

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Lodamun did not have severe economic problems. Yes, we went through some tough times in the governmental structure. I will point out this Naval Defense Contract, which stand as one of the many Defense Contracts handed out to private corporations: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=237313 . And before that one, there was a similar one ( http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=195131).

Our nation has always put Defense as its top priority. We have always had a well-funded military even when we went through some tough times. Our Defense Industry is one of the largest in Lodamun.

If you have any more specific questions, please contact the Foreign Affairs Office.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:11 pm

OOC: Jethro and YankeeHater, stop. I am asking for the last time.
Mr.Yankees

Postby jethro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:OOC: Jethro and YankeeHater, stop. I am asking for the last time.

Oh... boo fucking-hoo. You're going to be asking several more times in that whiny little voice of yours before the "last time".
As a little RL comparison, there are only 22 aircraft carriers in the entire world. Are you really claiming that, assuming Terra to be roughly equivalent, that Lodamun has eight of them? That takes more than serious cojones, that takes a serious saving stupidity.
jethro

Postby TWoodWil » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:15 pm

The Government of the Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria formally requests that the Foreign Ministry of Lodamun cite the international law being used as precedent for the establishment of "quarantines" in international waters.

Anders Raske
Governor-General of the Imperial Crownlands
Liberaldemokratische Allianz
Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
TWoodWil

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:21 pm

jethro wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:OOC: Jethro and YankeeHater, stop. I am asking for the last time.

Oh... boo fucking-hoo. You're going to be asking several more times in that whiny little voice of yours before the "last time".
As a little RL comparison, there are only 22 aircraft carriers in the entire world. Are you really claiming that, assuming Terra to be roughly equivalent, that Lodamun has eight of them? That takes more than serious cojones, that takes a serious saving stupidity.

Kalopia, the largest nation in Terra with regards to its population, has only 3, and the one is a total wreck almost due to its service. On board there are only 25 aircrafts for each. Lodamun is taking this too far indeed.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:29 pm

The international law used to proceed with the quarantine is the one which states that sovereign states are allowed to use any means necessary to protect their citizens and its sovereign territory against foreign aggressors when diplomacy and international pressure fail to do so.

I will also remind the gentleman from Hulstria that Lodamun is not using any violence against vessels. The only incident so far where out ships have had to fire against a vessel was the Varyag Incident. In this incident, a Lodamese ship was fired upon first.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Kynes
Minister of Foreign Affairs
United Republics of Lodamun

George S.K wrote:
jethro wrote:

Kalopia, the largest nation in Terra with regards to its population, has only 3, and the one is a total wreck almost due to its service. On board there are only 25 aircrafts for each. Lodamun is taking this too far indeed.

Lodamun has one of the highest GDP and populations in Terra. We also happen to have the highest valued currency in the world. We have done everything by the law and the record speaks for itself. And Lodamun actually has 10 aircraft carriers active, most of them built within the last 10 years.
Mr.Yankees

PreviousNext

Return to World Events