Trigunian Civil War

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby AngryMollusc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 pm

OOC: George, they don't have a leg to stand on, you and CS have the right to RP whatever the fuck you like in Trigunia whereas they need your consent to get involved.

But you might as well humour them, because it honestly doesn't matter and it it's better than having bleating OOC posts constantly interrupting a perfectly good RP.

Xanathos and co, do try to remember this a game. RP-ing to win is ultimately futile. There's no point worrying how this situation will affect the Axis and GPO's relative prestige, because it doesn't matter a damn anyway...
Last edited by AngryMollusc on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryMollusc
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 pm

OOC: First and foremost, it is not going to be a massive victory nor a victory for that matter for the GPO if you decide to go in an all out RP. Second, there is no human alive with balls big enough to force me to do anything ;) . Thirdly, don't forget about the basic facts that no one in Trigunia cares about this, so, technically, it isn't official.

I hope that answers all of your "concerns."
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
User avatar
Mr.Yankees
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby AngryMollusc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 pm

OOC: CS has a majority in Trigunia. So, clearly, Trigunia does care...

...as for the "all-out RP" part... yes, I have no doubt of that, because too many players on both sides have a bad habit of RPing-to-win, so it would end up as a pointless stalemate.
Last edited by AngryMollusc on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryMollusc
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:42 pm

AngryMollusc wrote:OOC: George, they don't have a leg to stand on, you and CS have the right to RP whatever the fuck you like in Trigunia whereas they need your consent to get involved.

But you might as well humour them, because it honestly doesn't matter and it it's better than having bleating OOC posts constantly interrupting a perfectly good RP.

Xanathos and co, do try to remember this a game. RP-ing to win is ultimately futile. There's no point worrying how this situation will affect the Axis and GPO's relative prestige, because it doesn't matter a damn anyway...


AngryMollusc, not to be rude or anything, but I think you are not getting any of our points. Please go back and read the posts made before. We are not stopping George or the CS from doing absolutely nothing. We are simply voicing our opinions of what might occur should they follow through. The balance of power is quite different nowadays in Particracy.

So, this does matter for the international community. We cannot simply ignore it because some people want us to.

AngryMollusc wrote:OOC: CS has a majority in Trigunia...


And...
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
User avatar
Mr.Yankees
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:44 pm

OOC: It saddens me the fact that despite me being, as of late, suicidal, wishing to sink the GPO into the depths of the cursed seas along with my defeated body, you come shouting about technicalities and such bitter, irrelevant stuff and attempt to do anything in your hand to stop this from being, as you say, official.

Let's RP a MASSIVE war, nuke some parts of the world and I DON'T care whatever I lose in the way. Even if the GPO disappears, which should probably, because alliances should NOT exist for eternity, like the Axis, in order to give way for new things and alliances.
GreekIdiot
 
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 pm
Location: In your nightmares.

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby AngryMollusc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:AngryMollusc, not to be rude or anything, but I think you are not getting any of our points. Please go back and read the posts made before. We are not stopping George or the CS from doing absolutely nothing. We are simply voicing our opinions of what might occur should they follow through. The balance of power is quite different nowadays in Particracy.

So, this does matter for the international community. We cannot simply ignore it because some people want us to.

You're missing the point. The "international community" has no say, thanks to the good-old consent shield rule. If Captain-Socialist and George want to RP their conflict without external intervention, you have no divine right to intervene.

I think perhaps you ought also to remember that particracy isn't a serious global politics simulator.It really doesn't matter matter if you allow your opponents to succeed every now and then...

Mr.Yankees wrote:
AngryMollusc wrote:OOC: CS has a majority in Trigunia...


And...

Mr.Yankees wrote:Thirdly, don't forget about the basic facts that no one in Trigunia cares about this

AngryMollusc wrote:OOC: CS has a majority in Trigunia. So, clearly, Trigunia does care...



Also:
Mr.Yankees wrote:The balance of power is quite different nowadays in Particracy.
E-cookie to the first person to guess who this reminded me of :P
AngryMollusc
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 pm

That Kennedy menace guy?
GreekIdiot
 
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 pm
Location: In your nightmares.

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 pm

George S.K wrote:OOC: It saddens me the fact that despite me being, as of late, suicidal, wishing to sink the GPO into the depths of the cursed seas along with my defeated body, you come shouting about technicalities and such bitter, irrelevant stuff and attempt to do anything in your hand to stop this from being, as you say, official.

Let's RP a MASSIVE war, nuke some parts of the world and I DON'T care whatever I lose in the way. Even if the GPO disappears, which should probably, because alliances should NOT exist for eternity, like the Axis, in order to give way for new things and alliances.


George, I told you some time ago that I would like to RP a massive war. They are fun (sometimes). The problem with me as with many others is time. I work in the government. I have very limited time, especially now. Maybe in a month or so, I'll have more time. I can't speak for the others, obviously.

And I am not trying to stop you, I am trying to put some sense in your mind. The Civil War is not official under any possible grounds. That's a problem. And you also need to understand that this is the era of military alliances. You cannot move without disturbing someone and someone getting involved.

I'll be honest, if I had time, I would gladly RP a massive war but I don't.

I am sorry if it frustrating for you but you need to be aware of my side of the story as well.

But as always, you can pretty much do whatever you can.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
User avatar
Mr.Yankees
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby AngryMollusc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 pm

What grounds isn't the civil war official under? Captain-Socialist has a majority in the Trigunian parliament...

That Kennedy menace guy?

Bingo. One e-cookie, heading your way. Hubris FTL, eh?
AngryMollusc
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Re: Trigunian Civil War

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:59 pm

AngryMollusc wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:AngryMollusc, not to be rude or anything, but I think you are not getting any of our points. Please go back and read the posts made before. We are not stopping George or the CS from doing absolutely nothing. We are simply voicing our opinions of what might occur should they follow through. The balance of power is quite different nowadays in Particracy.

So, this does matter for the international community. We cannot simply ignore it because some people want us to.

You're missing the point. The "international community" has no say, thanks to the good-old consent shield rule. If Captain-Socialist and George want to RP their conflict without external intervention, you have no divine right to intervene.

I think perhaps you ought also to remember that particracy isn't a serious global politics simulator.It really doesn't matter matter if you allow your opponents to succeed every now and then...

Mr.Yankees wrote:
AngryMollusc wrote:OOC: CS has a majority in Trigunia...


And...

Mr.Yankees wrote:Thirdly, don't forget about the basic facts that no one in Trigunia cares about this

AngryMollusc wrote:OOC: CS has a majority in Trigunia. So, clearly, Trigunia does care...



Also:
Mr.Yankees wrote:The balance of power is quite different nowadays in Particracy.
E-cookie to the first person to guess who this reminded me of :P



Actually, there are beautiful things called treaties. Both the Axis and NATO have the right to intervene if they want to whether George or CS want it or not. Their country gives automatic consent by ratifying the treaties.

We are actually being very understanding and trying to patiently express our "disagreements" before hell brakes loose. And If I wanted to win anything, I would have already intervened and crushed the GPO force but that's not the case. There is no fun in playing to win. I never do. In fact, I go with the flow. This conversation has nothing to do with winning or losing.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
User avatar
Mr.Yankees
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to World Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron