The War in Gaduridos

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: The War in Gaduridos

Postby Freelancer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:02 am

Pontesi hold Salnaeta

Despite growing unrest in Marligantos and rapid retreat in North Vinitalli, the Pontesian Imperial Armed Forces pushes the Baltusia Army to a standstill in northern frontier. Gen. Lawrence Baranov, Commander of the Pontesian Forces Gaduridos, accomplished the defence of the region with a use of landmine and trench warfare to halt the advance of a larger Baltusian army. With no possible way of pushing further south without resulting in heavy casualty, it's look like the Pontesian Imperial Armed Forces will be looking to destroy the supply line of the Baltusia and the rebel forces in Vinitalli.

Heavy Bombing of Port Athos

It came with no surprise that Port Athos, the stretegic port that supply the lifeline to the new front of Baltusia Army in Vinitalli, are facing heavy bombing from missiles and fighter-bombers of the Pontesian Imperial Armed Forces. The bombardment continue throughout the night and stop before dawn with the target concentrated around the port. It is believe that the port suffer considerable the damages, but not enough to render it useless. However, the strike will undoubtly slow the Baltusian advance in Vinitalli despite the fact that Pontesian Army continues to retreat south hoping to hold the line at Takharuun.
Freelancer

Postby Opakidabar » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:02 pm

ooc:
Really sorry for not being able to closely follow this conflict in this weekend. I am visiting grandparents.
Good job everyone this far, will get more in Sunday
Opakidabar

Postby RPC » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Arriving In Vespiano

Commander Rodriguez awoke in a startled fashion to the familiar noise of the whirring rotator blades of his transport helicopter as one of his bodyguards shook him forcefully.

"Excuse me, Commandante. We are here." Rodriguez rubbed his eyes and attached the night vision goggles handed to him by one of his bodyguard. He looked out onto a barren, dusty plain as the helicopter lowered itself carefully to the ground. There was no to little sign of activity at the landing zone, which made him nervous.

"Aren't they supposed to meet us here?" Rodriguez asked one of his men.

"I think we've arrived early, Commandante. I'm sure they'll be here soon." As soon as the chopper touched the ground, three of his four man team leaped out in a synchronised manner and took up defensive positions. As soon as the all clear signal was given, Rodriguez was permitted to exit the air craft. With his feet on the ground, his men in place and suitably appraised of his own safety, Rodriguez waved away the helicopter, which then took off back to the homeland. Rodriguez then signalled for his men to assemble on him.

"Ok. If they don't arrive in at least ten minutes, I'm calling back the chopper."

"Commandante, how much do we know about this Rios character?"

"Enough. We know enough." Before Rodriguez could elaborate a dust cloud appeared on the horizon.
My parties:
Revolucia Partio de Koburo - Active
Nacionālistu Tautas Partija Likatonija - Inactive
Nationalis Revolutionae Frontis Selucia - Inactive

Anarchism ftw.
RPC

Postby Opakidabar » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:28 pm

"Senor Rodriguez, senor Rodriguez! Amigo! My pleasure!" Alfonso Rias appeared surrounded by his men, "Please follow me to fazienda! It is well masked and a perfect place for two senors to discuss of matters importante!"
Alfonso Rias pointed to the expensive army jungle jeep: "Best car for best people!" big smile over his happy face.

(if Rodriguez accepted)
Jeep arrived to hidden place in jungle. It was a large house masked with trees planted straight on the roof. Jeep entered the backyard and guests were welcommed in.

Table was set for guests. Large barrels of Rum was in the corner, chicken meat was served. "First we eat" said Alfonso.
"Now, tell me why have you arrived? What is the reason of the visit?"
Opakidabar

Postby RPC » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:00 pm

"Senor Rias, I am here on behalf of Field Marshall Diego Andrade, whom I believe you have had correspondence with?" Senor Rias nodded. "Comrade Andrade has taken a keen interest in your war of liberation here in Gaduridos. He has great respect for yourself and your companeros, and the cause you fight for. For these reasons he and others in the Coburan Armed Forces, not to mention some like myself in the RAFC, are willing to offer support to your movement. We can not offer direct intervention unfortunately, as our army is tied up fighting a guerilla insurgency at home, thus getting involved in a potential Terra-wide conflict at this time would be rather inconvenient for us. What we can offer..." Rodriguez said as reached down behind him and pulled up a Coburan Army assault rifle, holding it aloft for all to see.

"...is this sort of thing. High grade military equipment straight off the assembly lines. We can bring you anything you need - rifles, grenades, anti-tank weapons, artillery, mortars, even armoured vehicles - you ask for it, and we shall provide it. In addition, we can offer you the services of several experienced military advisor's from both the Coburan Army and the RAFC, who can help you both tactically and strategically." Rodriguez took a cigar from his breast pocket and placed it in the corner of his mouth. "All of this support would of course have to provided in a clandestine manner. The Coburan Army can not be seen officially to be supporting you, for political reasons, you understand? Everything would be funnelled through the RAFC, to provide the Coburan government with plausible deniability."
My parties:

Anarchism ftw.
RPC

Postby Opakidabar » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:16 am

"You come as an angelo from the sky! Of course our mouths shall be silent. Show me the rifle! Good one" big smile all over Rias's face again as he started to play with the gun, "good, good one!"
"Senor Rodriguez, we should talk it over just a two of us. Everyone out!"
Every men in Gaduri uniform left the room, Rodriguez waved his men to move out as well, some looked surprised but moved (ooc: the line of Rodriguez can be changed by you if you disagree).

Rias leaned towards Rodriguez and continued:
"Thank you for rifles and potential equipment, I will arrange a man to discuss with your team on potential ways to send the supply in."
"I sent the men out because I wanted to discuss a long waited idea I had. Do you know Pontesi airplanes? Have you men in your squad who can pilot them?"
Rodriguez was intrigued: "Aren't you going ...?"
"Yes, we are planning assaults on every airport and every military ship carrying air units. We have this GPS device sent by our friends in Lodamun before all that trouble there. Look! This shows the exact landing spots of Pontesi fighters and bombers - the red spots are fighters. See - here it goes again. Wonder where is the destination for this little bird... Anyway where was I? Yes, we are planning assaults and for each assault unit several pilots capable of piloting plains are needed. At the worst some units may have only persons knowing how to properly destroy those birds. Have you such men in your team, senor?"
(ooc: I am not sure how such military aircraft are piloted. Most likely it is impossible for stranger to pilot the plane, but still piloting experts would be needed if some Pontesi pilots can be captured during assault)
Opakidabar

Postby RPC » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:36 am

"Comrade, I don't have such men with me right now, but I can certainly send for some. They could also provide training for your men, as piloting those things is not as easy as it looks. In addition we can bring in all the support and logistical crews needed to maintain an air fleet. Not to mention the fuel and armaments you'll need to make them an effective fighting force." Rodriguez edged closer to Rias in a conspiratorial manner. "We need to take precautions however - no one from the Pontesi side or any other should be thinking that Coburan Air Force pilots are helping to take out Pontesi airfields and so on. We will firstly need to disguise them in RAFC uniforms, and no one from your side can let slip to any outsiders about who is truly supporting you in this endeavour." Rodriguez sat back once again. "So tell me, what is your plan of attack?"
My parties:

Anarchism ftw.
RPC

Postby Opakidabar » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Alfonso took the bottle of rum, waved his guest, they went in another room and discussed the plans. Of course Senor Rias gave only information necessary to Rodriguez's potential mission.

ooc: I guess this would be it for a meeting :) Now to other business!

Recruitment Offices work 24/7

In South Vintalli liberated lands recruitment offices are hiring new recruits. Youth of Gaduridos and rebels from Pontesi ruled territories eagerly take their Kalashnikovs and join the army. Patriotic songs and campfires... Comrades to meet and loose each other. Years for Gaduris to remember for the rest of their lives. Years of war and years of ideals.

Attacks on Military Objects in Vintalli

Through the darkness of the night signal came. Messengers drove through the villages on motorbikes and passed the message. "Ahora" - "Now".
Young men took their weapons and dressed up, for it was the night they became men. In groups of hundred they left for a forests on assault of military objects within Vintalli.
Military bases were set on fire (ooc: not all of them obviously), some were taken and fortified (ooc: 1-2 airports with some air units) but in most cases young men blood colored the forests of Vintalli. Also cities of South Vintalli were taken under control and barricading attempts made. Common people were evacuated in the jungle to minimize the loss and streets and dumped houses were filled with guerrilla vets and armed youngsters.
Opakidabar

Postby PresMusharraf » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:43 pm

The Independence Forces Advance
Current Map of Occupied Areas (GPO in Green, Baltusia in Orange, Pontesi in Purple, Respublica Gaduridos in Red)
Combined military victories by Gen. Lyle Mozul (Brother of the Baltusian Praetor) and Gen. Baltazaar Carmona have led to further deterioration of Pontesi morale in Gaduridos. The Baltusians have finally captured their first major city (Takharuun) are using their newfound momentum to charge to North Vinitalli's other major city of Las Fabricas [sic]. Using revolts from private citizens and intelligence from ordinary Gaduridans, the Baltusians were able to sniff out the Pontesian's military encampments and used their intelligence to capture the pro-Pontesi mayor of Takharuun. The city council, under the control of the Baltusian Military, has appointed Felipe Anjeran to lead the city. Mr. Anjeran is known for his anti-Pontesi sentiment and his pro-Baltusian leanings.

Meanwhile in South Vinitalli, the Tropicos (fueled by the feelings of revolution and revolt against Pontesi) captured many cities and villages on their march to Las Bombas. Gen. Baltazaar Carmona, feeling assured by his recent victories, demanded his men to halt just outside the city despite the fact that they could have taken it easily. The general then stroked his cute pet chihuaha, sipped some of his favorite Gaduridan rum, and declared that the army of the Respublica Tropicos de Gaduridos would not enter the city until "next Tuesday." Military analysts are still perplexed at the meaning of all of these actions.
Hobrazi Union - Hobrazia (Inactive)
Luterani Útocný Strany - Deltaria (Active)
Lutherans of Keymon - Keymon (Inactive)
Corrupt Dealings Party - Baltusia/Kabushika/Celestia (Inactive)
I miss banners.
PresMusharraf

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:52 pm

OOC: You've lost 370,000 men PM, remember that. :P
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

PreviousNext

Return to World Events