Talmorian Military Coupe

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Talmorian Military Coupe

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:42 pm

We spend over 10% of our GDP on defense and Talmoria has been riddled with Civil Wars in the last century. Also, our people may own any type of weapon including Ships and Aircraft.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Xanathos » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Regtardless, its been very clear many times that its completely unrealistic for a paramilitary org to win against a national army, not even counting the fact that Luthori also supprots a side with its own paramilitary org in Talmoria.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Xanathos wrote:Regtardless, its been very clear many times that its completely unrealistic for a paramilitary org to win against a national army, not even counting the fact that Luthori also supprots a side with its own paramilitary org in Talmoria.

How big is your paramilitary? How many of them will be arrested by our unlimited power police with military grade weapons for treason?
JuliaAJA

Postby Xanathos » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:
Xanathos wrote:Regtardless, its been very clear many times that its completely unrealistic for a paramilitary org to win against a national army, not even counting the fact that Luthori also supprots a side with its own paramilitary org in Talmoria.

How big is your paramilitary? How many of them will be arrested by our unlimited power police with military grade weapons for treason?

As per the map on page 2, Talmoria proper is under Luthori command. Talmoria is in a civil war, it does not have a police and even if it did, it would be under Luthori control. It is accurate to suppose that whatever paramilitary force that supports Luthori is as large as whatever paramilitary force opposes Luthori.

And correction, its not 60'000 men we sent, its 100'000 (5 Legions of 20'000 men each).
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Those were solely military maps. Also, I am working off of the 3 year map where the civil war ends and it looks like a new war is beginning.
JuliaAJA

Postby Xanathos » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:Those were solely military maps. Also, I am working off of the 3 year map where the civil war ends and it looks like a new war is beginning.

Well, if a region is under military control, its obvious its civilian agencies are also under the control of the occupying power. And no, you're not because I dont agree on those maps and I never ended the civil war, so they are null and void.
Xanathos

Postby Freelancer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:Where's George and his mass GPO military?

Pontesi coastline, preparing for his assault aganist us. Gaduridos is still in the state of civil war and Baltusia is still under cease-fire with Pontesi.

I'm not sure who is left, but GPO is kind of busy.
Freelancer

Postby IdioC » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Busy alright, the queues in their call centres are horrific... I've been trying to get them to Agent Orange my lawn for weeks. Those dandelions just don't learn!

...ok, I'll stop being silly now.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby MrBean111 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I've been gone for one day and this RP has turned itself right onto its head.

So let me get this straight, a paramilitary wing defeated the Luthori army without any legit RP post?
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Several paramilitaries with their last bit of strength pushed Luthori to the sea, then the CIVIL War ended before Luthori could push back. Now those paramilitaries are a part of the Post-War Talmoria and Aslistan Joint Military and therefore a GPO Nation. Xanathos will not consent because he is a stubborn Imperialist who can't settle for anything less than bickering. This was almost resolved, but that seems to have gone nowhere as well.
JuliaAJA

PreviousNext

Return to World Events