Christian Democrats in Conversation

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Christian Democrats in Conversation

Postby Martinulus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Ritterlich invites Anderinch and Van Spyer to talk

Kien, Hulstria - Zentrum's Egon Ritterlich has announced that he has issued invitations to the CLA's Duke of Anderinch and the VP's Van Spyer to talk about the formulation of a more coherent policy for what many term the "progressive coalition" but which he'd rather describe as "the Christian Democrats." It is only logical that, in the run up to the elections, Herr Ritterlich should wish that: it is far from certain that his party will enter the Diet after the next election, and a more formal bond between his political allies might influence the electoral prospects of the coalition and Zentrum's influence. Nevertheless, we believe Ritterlich on his word that his purpose is "... to bring together ideologically similar parties and bundle their powers together."

---
2854 - Restaurant In den Geschossenen Hirsch

For confidential purposes, Egon Ritterlich and his fellow leadership officials Olivier von Hohenhimmle and Simon von Simpelnahme, all of the Zentrumspartei, had not deemed it fit to meet with the Duke of Anderlinch and Van Spyer in the Central Office of their Party. Egon smiled in himself as he recalled the swarms of journalists anticipating his announced meeting at Central Office, only to find out it wasn't to be held there. Here in the Hirsch, nobody could find them: and the food was excellent, too.

Simon looked on his watch. "I think they'll be arriving soon." He said to Egon. Egon nodded.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Re: Christian Democrats in Conversation

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:48 am

"The Governor-General routinely meets with political, community, and other interest groups. Such events are normal for political and national leaders." - Kristen Brekken, the Governor-General's Press Secretary, in response to a reporter's question about the Zentrumspartei meeting.

-----

The rather small motorcade drove to the restaurant with little fanfare. While normally the Governor-General's movements were tracked by reporters and minders, there were always opportunities for more discrete outings. The Duke and two close aides, his Chief of Staff Cornelius Adlersflügel and party First Secretary Klaus Glöckner, sat in the dark official SUV as its sped through the city's back streets. The two confidants were deep in conversation about the meeting and its implications for the political future.

Klaus thumped his fingers on his briefcase for effect, stressing the word they each time, "They seem to share many of our positions but they haven't faced the voters once, they haven't..."

Cornelius interrupted Klaus mid-sentence, "That's neither here nor there, we are talking to just as much for the past as the future. Until last month these groups were civic associations. Now they have come together as a party. If the teachers' and scientists' unions joined together to form a party we'd still talk to them too."

"I understand your point," Klaus responded, "but I am concerned that we are putting the cart before the horse. A larger Christian Democratic grouping in the Diet only strengthens us, but we're entering uncharted territory." He persisted to thump his briefcase each time he said we. It was an annoying habit.

Cornelius and Klaus looked at the Duke and waited for him to speak. He only raised his eyebrows and slowly titled his head to the chief of staff. Cornelius folded his arms and sat back in his seat. He made one last attempt to silence his counterpart, "If the Confederation of Hulstrian Industry formed a party on Tuesday morning we'd be in to talk with them by Wednesday afternoon." Klaus thought about responding, but knew that Cornelius had a point.

The car came to a stop at the restaurant. As a bodyguard from the advance car approached the door, the Duke cleared his throat and finally spoke. "It is more than simply expanding the power base or adding another party to stand with us and the VP. This is about keeping the political spectrum in Hulstria where it should be - in the middle. We have to seize any opportunity we have that allows us to save the nation's future." Despite whatever opinions the two other men may have held, they knew better than to argue with the Governor-General. "Now," the Duke said as he stepped out of the car into the bright, cold spring air, "we have an important meeting, and we mustn't be late."
Liberaldemokratische Allianz
Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
TWoodWil

Postby Martinulus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Simon was gazing out of the window when he saw a few journalists following a car. "Mein Gott!" he exclaimed. "Does this mean they found out where we are? Is there no way the G..." Egon, silencing a protest from Pater von Hohenhimmle at the use of "God", smiled. "No, my old friend," he said. "This means His Grace the Governor-General has arrived." Straightening his tie, Egon came downstairs, followed by Olivier and Simon. As the Governor-General and his staff entered the building, Egon said: "Your Grace! I'm pleased that you have seen fit to come." He politely motioned the Duke and his staff to follow him upstairs.

Martinulus

Postby TWoodWil » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:47 pm

"I can always find time for concerned citizens and patriots like yourselves," the Duke responded. The Governor-General and his party followed Egon up the stairs.

"Let me cut to the chase. There will always be policy differences between us. We are conservative liberals, you are moderately conservative." He nodded to Egon, Olivier and Simon. "But we share a desire for moderation, a dedication to Christian principals and values, and a vision for a reformed and just government. Expanded to include the Verfassungsunabhängigkeits, our three parties naturally form a mutually supportive grouping in the Diet." The Duke took his seat at the table while his Chief of Staff took his turn to speak, "Gentlemen, what can the CZP and CLA do for each other to secure a bright Hulstrian future?"
Liberaldemokratische Allianz
Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
TWoodWil

Postby Martinulus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:06 pm

Egon nodded, but before he could say something, a course was served to him and his companions. He was now forced to have Pater Von Hohenhimmle bless the food, and so Olivier did:

"Vater unser, der Du bist im Himmel,
geheiligt werde Dein Name;
zu uns komme Dein Reich;
Dein Wille geschehe,
wie im Himmel, also auch im Terra!
Unser tägliches Brot gib uns heute;
und vergib uns unsre Schuld,
wie auch wir vergeben unsren Schuldigern;
und führe uns nicht in Versuchung,
sondern erlöse uns von dem Übel.
Amen."

"Amen," said Egon and Simon solemnly, even though the prayer was a Catholic version. "Guten Appetit," he said to the Governor-General, and as he started eating. "I understand, Euer Gnaden (transl. Your Grace), that we will never agree completely. In all diversity of God's creation, how could we? However, I see that we are both adherents to Christian Democracy: my party centrist, yours centre right. Therefore, I would like to discuss political and electoral cooperation between our Parties, with the potential to make the 30th Century the century of Christian Democracy in Greater Hulstria."

Martinulus

Postby Ozyimandius » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:00 am

Entering the building in a fashionablely late manner is Alexander Van Spyer and his vice, Konrad Drachenblut, looking around them, sending an appolgizing gasture to every guest they encounter, they enter just in time to hear the prayer and answer it in their own "Amen"

"Excause me gentelmen for being late, there was the weekly party assembly, and it's not something we can miss. Regardless we are here now." Alexander turned to the two men, Simon and Egon, while Konrad simply nodded, seeing as no other vice has appered he has taken to it that he is out of place for now.

To the sharp eye attendet, he would notice there was no car outside waiting for Van Spyer and Drachenblut, but rather they walked to the meeting.
Ozyimandius

Postby Martinulus » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:12 am

"Ah, meine Herren!" said Egon jovially, shaking their hands. "My name's Egon Ritterlich and these two are Pater Olivier von Hohenhimmle and Simon von Simpelnahme. I'm glad you could come. What can I offer you for a drink?"

Martinulus

Return to World Events