Rebellion in Yishelem

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Rebellion in Yishelem

Postby Xanathos » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:31 pm

OOC: In the interest of fairness in this war RP, I would please ask the participants not to call the other side's casualties and let the side receiving the casualties to actually confirm their dead or wounded. If there are concerns about this RP Yishelem players, please voice them now. By the Treaty of Yishelem, the rebels are now at war with all Yishelem Treaty signatory nations.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Re: Rebellion in Yishelem

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Kafuristan fully supports Yishelem and will help if necessary.

OOC: If you don't want me in, say it soon alright.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Emunim » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm

OOC: I have no objections, George.

IC: "The Parliament makes clear that it is not at war with any of the nations of Terra, and will treat any uninvited deployment of foreign forces as a declaration of war against the Republic."
Emunim

Postby Khaler » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 pm

OOC: George is welcome!

But are we set with the premise I proposed? Loyalists having control of the most of The Old Kingdom (Endlid) and the republic having the rest?
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby meritocracy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:33 pm

As Signatory to the Treaty of Yishelem, Saridani Union will comply with the dictates of that treaty with our fellow members.

Chancellor Benjamin Gladmon
meritocracy

Postby Bismarkey7 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Xanathos wrote:OOC: In the interest of fairness in this war RP, I would please ask the participants not to call the other side's casualties and let the side receiving the casualties to actually confirm their dead or wounded. If there are concerns about this RP Yishelem players, please voice them now. By the Treaty of Yishelem, the rebels are now at war with all Yishelem Treaty signatory nations.

OOC: I beg to differ. We "rebels" did not declare independence of Yishelem. We declared the independence of Beiteynu from Yishelem. That is not forbidden in the Treaty of Yishelem and, in fact, the Treaty of Yishelem does not apply to Beiteynu, but Yishelem, which is considered to mean Endild. If you declare war on Endild you declare war on yourself, as it is your vassal state. The Republic of Beiteynu makes no claim to Endild. Our declaration of independence from Yishelem was not illegal, because it passed by a 2/3 majority in the Parliament. I can't seem to grasp the Luthoris' inability to realize their claim that Yishelem has broken the treaty is bogus, as they are still in control of Yishelem (Endild). Please explain to me why you still all insist on war, as if it goes on, you are the criminals, not us: you are declaring war unprovoked; if you look in our legislative history, Beiteynu and its "rebels" have never declared war against the Luthori Empire, and we don't want to.
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby meritocracy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:10 pm

The treaty makes no provision for an independent republic.
meritocracy

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 pm

OOC: Bismarkey7, you sure that was OOC? Don't you think it would be better to state that IC?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:33 pm

Bismarkey7 wrote:
Xanathos wrote:OOC: In the interest of fairness in this war RP, I would please ask the participants not to call the other side's casualties and let the side receiving the casualties to actually confirm their dead or wounded. If there are concerns about this RP Yishelem players, please voice them now. By the Treaty of Yishelem, the rebels are now at war with all Yishelem Treaty signatory nations.

OOC: I beg to differ. We "rebels" did not declare independence of Yishelem. We declared the independence of Beiteynu from Yishelem. That is not forbidden in the Treaty of Yishelem and, in fact, the Treaty of Yishelem does not apply to Beiteynu, but Yishelem, which is considered to mean Endild. If you declare war on Endild you declare war on yourself, as it is your vassal state. The Republic of Beiteynu makes no claim to Endild. Our declaration of independence from Yishelem was not illegal, because it passed by a 2/3 majority in the Parliament. I can't seem to grasp the Luthoris' inability to realize their claim that Yishelem has broken the treaty is bogus, as they are still in control of Yishelem (Endild). Please explain to me why you still all insist on war, as if it goes on, you are the criminals, not us: you are declaring war unprovoked; if you look in our legislative history, Beiteynu and its "rebels" have never declared war against the Luthori Empire, and we don't want to.

While George does have a point above, I would also like to point out that a nation can believe what it wants whether it is true or not true. Taiwan claims China, it does not make it true. If Luthori claims you broke the Treaty let them, for in the end the winners write the history.

Also, I would say that Yishelem has a little more than the old Kingdom, with as many Legions as I an CIL have deployed there over the years, the nation would be a little more under control than just a minor region to the north.

Going off of that I propose this map to show the situation at the start.

Red: Kingdom of Yishelem
Lines:Occuppied or disputed by Kingdom of Yishelem. Where Rebellion has not completely taken over.
Blue: Republic of Beiteynu
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Bismarkey7 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:55 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:OOC: Bismarkey7, you sure that was OOC? Don't you think it would be better to state that IC?

Perhaps you are right, but I feel it could have been either or.
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Next

Return to World Events