Rebellion in Yishelem

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Rebellion in Yishelem

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 pm

OOC: I'll take it as semi-IC and will not refer to it in my official press release from Kafuristan. However, I'll regard it is as both IC and OOC valid by a player involved actively in both ways.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Emunim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:46 pm

OOC:

Khaler: Yeah I'm fine with Loyalists holding large areas of the Old Kingdom; I'd like if the status of the actual city of Yishalem remained disputed for now though, since the Beiteynuese Government is still based there.

Duke Matthus: I think we're looking at it from two different sides, but I'll try and explain my point of view: by game mechanics Yishalem/Beiteynu is in the hands of Republicn forces, meaning Khaler is fighting as the paramilitary force opposing the state. While he could extend the area of this opposition to the entire Northern half of the country, I would expect that to make the opposition more scattered and less able to establish an effective control. Certainly I don't see why an area of absolute control should be extended beyond the old borders before Luthori has even deployed any forces. In my mind (based mainly on the current make-up of the parties in Yishalem/Beiteynu) Khalers forces alone just wouldn't have he support for that.

I'd also rather we had some sort of rough idea of an outcome in mind, since war RPs without them usually seem to end in OOC sniping or an unrealistic troop-throwing farce. I'm not against carrying on without one, but I do think it would be preferable.
Emunim

Postby meritocracy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:56 pm

ooc: I have made a pretty serious error. I was under an wrong ideathat Saridan had signed the treaty of Yishelem. I was contacted by a party that had thought that, as well, and I acted mindlessly and just made a series of assumptions.

Ive set in motion to have the dec. of war withdrawn, and deactivated my party. Sorry for causing any trouble. It was embarassing, but not intentional.
meritocracy

Postby Xanathos » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:48 pm

His Majesty greatly thanks the delegation from kafuristan for its show of support and will not forget kafuristan's stance in the future

OOC:

Luthori has 200'000 regulars in Yishelem (the whole country) as well as three carrier groups, therefore I would back Matthus' proposal regarding general territorial holdings.

I also agree with Emunim that a general outcome indication would be preferable. Eminum, we do not intend to send any troops whatsoever into Barmenistan or to violate tyour country's territorial integrity. As far as Luthori is concerned, we are currently just crushing a rebellion. If Barmenistan attacks Luthori, we will engage our mutual defense treaties, which number 14 nations and this would dramaticaly escalate the war.

To keep this as a reasonable localized war, I would suggest neither Kafuristan or Barmenistan intervene directly, perhaps covert funding and condemnations would be preferable so that the war is limited to Yishelem Treaty signatories.

as a war outcome, my proposal is:
-Loyalist Yishelem forces and Rebel (or whatever you want to call them i suggest we agree to a generic name) fight a stalemate on the fortified wall of Endild
-Stalemate lasts until Luthori regulars push the Rebels back
-Since Luthori relies heavily on indirect combat (artillery, aircraft), Luthori progression is slow
-2 factions form within the rebels
-the main faction remains a resistance movement, ishing to target mainly military facilities and infrastrucutre
-a splinter faction embraces terrorist tactics, attacking Luthori businesses and slaughtering Luthori civilians in the country
-Luthoris recognize factional strife and target mostly "terrorist" part, see the main branch as more reasonable
-Luthoris and Main Branch agree to a ceasefire as Luthori forces push deeper into Yishelem
-Yishelem will become an integral part of the Terran Empire with the Emperor as hos and a democratically elected hog, not a vassal, similar to the proposed "vassal system" proposed by the Bismarkians
-main Resistance agrees to let Luthori crush the "terrorist" branch as ceasefire between main resistance and Luthoris is in effect

Effect:
Those who are seen as the most radical instigators of the rebellion are crushed and Yishelem gains a better status.

Of course, this is just a proposal and completely opened to proposals and modifications,

what do the involved parties think about it?
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:18 pm

Xanathos wrote:OOC: I also agree with Emunim that a general outcome indication would be preferable. Eminum, we do not intend to send any troops whatsoever into Barmenistan or to violate tyour country's territorial integrity. As far as Luthori is concerned, we are currently just crushing a rebellion. If Barmenistan attacks Luthori, we will engage our mutual defense treaties, which number 14 nations and this would dramaticaly escalate the war.

OOC: Oh my the terrible Axis! My feet feel weak...my hands are trembling, I'm sweating....my my my....

as a war outcome, my proposal is:
-Loyalist Yishelem forces and Rebel (or whatever you want to call them i suggest we agree to a generic name) fight a stalemate on the fortified wall of Endild
-Stalemate lasts until Luthori regulars push the Rebels back
-Since Luthori relies heavily on indirect combat (artillery, aircraft), Luthori progression is slow
-2 factions form within the rebels
-the main faction remains a resistance movement, ishing to target mainly military facilities and infrastrucutre
-a splinter faction embraces terrorist tactics, attacking Luthori businesses and slaughtering Luthori civilians in the country
-Luthoris recognize factional strife and target mostly "terrorist" part, see the main branch as more reasonable
-Luthoris and Main Branch agree to a ceasefire as Luthori forces push deeper into Yishelem
-Yishelem will become an integral part of the Terran Empire with the Emperor as hos and a democratically elected hog, not a vassal, similar to the proposed "vassal system" proposed by the Bismarkians
-main Resistance agrees to let Luthori crush the "terrorist" branch as ceasefire between main resistance and Luthoris is in effect

OOC: I actually hate this. So ridiculously planned. God how awful. And I don't say "God" very often. Can't we just rely on our cool heads and act normally? There's a mod involved in the situation, ain't that enough?
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:59 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:There's a mod involved in the situation, ain't that enough?

OOC: I think that's what they fear. :lol:

And Xanathos makes a good point, try to keep it localized. If the mutual defense alliances (Barmenistan is a member of NATO) come into play all hell will break loose. But that's still up to you guys.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:OOC:And Xanathos makes a good point, try to keep it localized. If the mutual defense alliances (Barmenistan is a member of NATO) come into play all hell will break loose. But that's still up to you guys.

OOC: You guys are still alive?! Darn....anyhow, back to topic again.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Duke Matthus » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:18 pm

OOC: The capital has acturally changed, so Yishelem would be fully under Royalist control, well in lockdown at least, and the new capital would be in full Republic control.

While agree with what was proposed, we could just start and see where it leads us like the Luthori War of Succession. Things will work out in the end, plus that way we can get to see some action starting.

As for the Viceroy system, they did it wrong but fixing a few things and spelling out how it would work would solve the issues with it.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Emunim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:15 pm

OOC: Apologies for the confusion, I'm actually playing in Beiteynu just now, so I don't think there's any danger of Barmenian involvement.

Duke Matthus, There was a proposal to change capital, however it didn't pass.

I would be happy to go along the lines Xanathos suggested, but if theres not a general consensus we might be best just playing things out. My main concern is that it will get bogged down with troop numbers and casualty rates, but I'm sure we can keep it interesting. :)
Emunim

Postby Jay (LDP) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:33 am

The Eerste Republiek Vanuku declares her intention to assist her ally, the Holy Luthori Empire, in any way necessary - be that financially, militarily or diplomatically.

OOC: For the sake of allowing this RP to actually work and eventuate, I'll just remind both sides that they need to follow game rules - simple things like war declaration bills from every nation involved are required before any RP takes place.
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

PreviousNext

Return to World Events