Rebellion in Yishelem

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Rebellion in Yishelem

Postby Opakidabar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:56 am

ooc:
One more suggestion (in case rebels do not want to actually war) is that rebels declare independence in a peaceful constitutional way and then comes Luthori troops and organizes huge massacre of independence supporters to keep control. That should look fine for public relations and maybe even Luthori allies see the true face of Luthori empire. On other hand Luthori gets control over the whole Beiteynu/Yishelem.
No need for terrorists and bloody conflicts, just agree to your people being IC slaughtered by empire. That could lead to rather huge RP stories when world just can not stand by watching innocent people killed for their dream of freedom.
"We killed those people because there was a Treaty!" 8-)
Opakidabar

Postby Bismarkey7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:03 am

Opakidabar wrote:ooc:
One more suggestion (in case rebels do not want to actually war) is that rebels declare independence in a peaceful constitutional way and then comes Luthori troops and organizes huge massacre of independence supporters to keep control. That should look fine for public relations and maybe even Luthori allies see the true face of Luthori empire. On other hand Luthori gets control over the whole Beiteynu/Yishelem.
No need for terrorists and bloody conflicts, just agree to your people being IC slaughtered by empire. That could lead to rather huge RP stories when world just can not stand by watching innocent people killed for their dream of freedom.
"We killed those people because there was a Treaty!" 8-)

OOC: I think that would be too confusing, as you mention those "rather huge RP stories." I speak for myself here when I say I would be much more willing to officially declare war and have the "terrorist" scenario then get massacred.
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby Xanathos » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:18 am

OOC:

As Emunim, Bismarkey, Mathus and I all agree with the proposed outline, I would please ask that we stick to it and that it be recognized as the general way the conflict will procede.

Sincerely George, if there was a way of RPing genuinely without a pre-decided scenario and have an actual outcome, I would gladly do so. However, particracy history has shown us time and time again that in the majority of cases, a war which is not planned out goes to hell and ends up with OOC bickering about casualties, troop positions, battle results and etc. Never before has relying on our cool heads been enough (again, see how most of the other conflicts have ended).

Also, if Barmenia is not involved, can we have consensus that the conflict will remain between Luthori and the Yishelem revolutionaries? This includes the non-interference of both the Axis and NATO. I am speaking of course of direct aid, other countries should be free to offer what diplomatic support they wish, althogh with the fact in mind that Luthori does have ample causs belli.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Xanathos wrote:Also, if Barmenia is not involved, can we have consensus that the conflict will remain between Luthori and the Yishelem revolutionaries? This includes the non-interference of both the Axis and NATO. I am speaking of course of direct aid, other countries should be free to offer what diplomatic support they wish, althogh with the fact in mind that Luthori does have ample causs belli.

I can agree to that from NATO's side. Since I haven't heard otherwise from the other members of NATO, that's how I will proceed. However, indirect aid, I assume, is still on the table. Am I correct?
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby MrBean111 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:11 pm

ooc: If Luthori is going to war, would this not put into place the defense provision in the Commonwealth of Nations treaty or has this been addressed already?
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby Bismarkey7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:11 pm

Xanathos wrote:OOC:
Also, if Barmenia is not involved, can we have consensus that the conflict will remain between Luthori and the Yishelem revolutionaries? This includes the non-interference of both the Axis and NATO. I am speaking of course of direct aid, other countries should be free to offer what diplomatic support they wish, althogh with the fact in mind that Luthori does have ample causs belli.

OOC: My party holds the Foreign Affairs ministry in Beiteynu and I got today an IC message from The Liberal Party (of Lodamun), whose character is the chairman of NATO, saying that they will not recognize our ratification of the NATO treaty until the conflict is over, and that NATO as a whole will not intervene, although individual member states are welcome to do so if they wish.

Also, can we agree on "republican" as the term for the non-Luthori forces? It is more accurate than "revolutionaries," as the Republic is our cause. Loyalist forces and republican forces: Sounds good, right ;) ?
Bismarkey7

Postby Bismarkey7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Jay (LDP) wrote: OOC: For the sake of allowing this RP to actually work and eventuate, I'll just remind both sides that they need to follow game rules - simple things like war declaration bills from every nation involved are required before any RP takes place.

OOC: In order to fulfill this, I'm going to propose a declaration of war against Luthori, as Luthori's "Rebellion in Yishelem" resolution, I think we would agree, suffices as a declaration of war on their part.
Bismarkey7

Postby Xanathos » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:16 pm

OOC: About the war declarations: technically, Luthori and Beiteynu have been at war since Beiteynu declared independance from Luthori and overthrew its dominion. However, for the sake of game mechanics, I will pass a bill in Luthori statting that we will act militarily against Veiteynu and that we are at war with them, after that, let the war begin.

Also, to answer MrBean, the conflict is staying regional Luthori vs republicans.

Just a disclaimer: we must be cautious to differentiate between "Loyalists", ie Yishelem forces loyal to Luthori and "Luthori regulars", regular Luthori troops. I will be controlling the Luthori regulars and Khaler will be controlling the Loyalists. "Republican" is fine as a formal name, although you can expect the Luthori press to use other, less flattering names, as well as our armed forces.

Also, another reminder not to call the other side's casualties.

Finaly, I realized that this thread does not really belong in "World Events" and i appologize to the moderation for that, I will create another thread for the conflict itself.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:36 pm

OOC: Don't worry about that.

So, no nation will intervene by force?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Duke Matthus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:10 pm

MrBean111 wrote:ooc: If Luthori is going to war, would this not put into place the defense provision in the Commonwealth of Nations treaty or has this been addressed already?

Techincally yes and no. One the issues with the current treaties and why I am working so hard on the Terran Empire one to fix these issues. Yes for the rebels are declaring war, but no for it can be classified as a rebellion.

So as Xanthos said, Luthori is calling it a Rebellion so you do not have to fight. However, since Hulstria is known for the shipping it does, money and supplies are always welcome.

Also before some of the Republic forces type wrong and as a heads up William will be dieing in 2870 at the age of 87. Henry II will take the throne after him. However this is all depending if we are going off months or years in this, so if the first person to start, I would think Luthori, please put the date or say how long it really is.

Good luck Luthori and Yishelem make the Emperor proud!!!!
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

PreviousNext

Return to World Events