Third National Syndicalist Party Congress

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Which candidate?

Lawrence Bourne, Bt.
50%
Richard St. John, Bt. MP
50%

Total votes : 8

Third National Syndicalist Party Congress

Postby Lusk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:33 pm

The III Congress will meet in Bekenial on 30 November 2009. As the Lusk family's hold on the party has weakened, the election of the party chairman has become more and more competitive, culminating in the first-ever open election for the party chairman. The two main candidates for the ten-year term are:

-Lawrence Bourne, Bt., Accommodationist Faction (favors working with the Hutori government, free-market capitalism)
Bourne was born in 2812 in Woodhurst to a university professor and a social worker, both of which were staunch Luskites. When the Lusk regime fell in 2845, Bourne was a party functionary in Lagard. Since then, he has tirelessly worked as an MP of the Lusk party-- both under its National Syndicalist name and under its previous Northern Lights name-- to promote the interests of the working class against the libertarian government. As the current chairman, Harvey Acre, Bt., is an Accommodationist, Bourne currently enjoys the position of campaign manager for party.

-Richard St. John, Bt. MP, Maximalist Faction (favors opposition to the Hutori government, market syndicalism)
St. John is the nephew of Gordon St. John, the first party chairman, and a member of the influential St. John family. Born in 2824 in Unity, Kenai, St. John was until the fall of the Lusk regime a manager for the State Welfare Bureau. After the SWB was abolished by the libertarian government, St. John entered politics under the banner of Lusk. He currently is serving as an MP on the Continuity Committee, which theoretically seeks to reconcile the desires of the Hutori government with those of the Principality. St. John is famous for routinely questioning the origins and pedigree of the current King of Hutori, John III.

You are pretending that you are a delegate to the party congress. Make your selection for the third chairman of the National Syndicalist Party. Voting will close December 2865, which is... Sunday morning eastern time, I believe?

(OOC: I can't decide which RP direction I should take the party in so I thought I'd let fate-- or the forum-- decide.)
Lusk

Re: Third National Syndicalist Party Congress

Postby Lusk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Richard St. John wins Syndicalist power struggle!
1 January 2865

AXMINSTER-- After a long and tedious convention, the Maximalist Candidate, Richard St. John, Bt. MP, won control of the party from the accommodationists. He is expected to take a harder line with the Hutori regime.
Lusk

Return to World Events