Beiteynu-Luthori War

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Beiteynu-Luthori War

Postby Bismarkey7 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:26 pm

After three years of tension, war has broken out between the Beiteynuese Republic and the Holy Luthori Empire. Loyalist troops quartered in Yishelem awoke this morning to the sounds of artillery and a force of 20,000 Republican soldiers. Thankfully for the Loyalists, a force of Luthori regulars arrived at Yishelem a mere hour after the Republican forces attacked. Luthori forces countered with their own artillery pieces, killing or wounding 1,750 Repulican soldiers. The Republicans continued to advance, however, driving a whole battalion of Loyalists back into the city. The Luthoris countered with increased artillery strikes on the Republican forces assembled outside the city. After five hours of back-and-forth artillery strikes, sniping, etc., a stalemate had formed between the two armies. Currently, Republican forces are positioned outside the city walls - with some soldiers on top of them - and the Loyalist and Luthori forces maintain defensive positions inside the city. Nobody is shooting at each other as of now, but tensions remain high.

OOC: Loyalist and Luthori players, please call your troop numbers and casualties. Also, sorry if this is a poorly written RP, it's my first major one.
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Re: Beiteynu-Luthori War

Postby Xanathos » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:14 pm

OOC: Excellent first post. I'll let Khaler call the Loyalist info.

Yishelem, Kingdom of Yishelem

Yishelem itself was the spot the Luthorians least expected to be attacked. Thus, they had positioned their forces on the border wall and in reserve and had left Yishelem almost undefended. Of the 210'000 troops in Yishelem, 80'000 were on the wall, some 125'000 were in garrisom and only 5'000, a simple brigade, were in Yishelem. Col. Maximilian Cadwel, commander of the 1st Brigade, XXI Legion, was the highest rankes Luthori officer in the city and his forces had felt the full force of the Republican attack. The first battalion had suffered heavy loses, with 380 killed or injured, while the other battalions had suffered much less. The total of Luthori casualties was 460.

The Luthorians however quickly counter-attacked with the 15 SPH-14 howitzers they had and put their one ARLS 2700 rocket launcher to good use, inflicting heavy casualties among the rebels. The Beiteynese push was met with more artillery fire, resulting in a stalemate. However, Col. Cadwel radioed for reinforcements and the rest of the XXI Legion, as well as the XXII, are heading towards the city, for a total of 35'000 reinforcements. The HMS Obliterator supercarrier will also soon be in range, granting much needed air support to the besieged Imperials.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Khaler » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Yishelem, Kingdom of Yishelem

Loyalist forces, scattered around temporary barracks and garrisons around the city were all but prepared for a full scale attack against the city. Patrolling militia, set to guard the peace among the civilian population by the Loyalist Government, was the frist groups in arms, but due to their thin numbers, they were unable to answer to the attack as fast as they should have been. There are estimatedly 30,000 Loyalist forces stationed in Yishelem, with additional 5,000 Militia Men and the Knights of St. Richard, the most elite forces of Yishelem Armed Forces, consisting of 5,000 men. Militia suffered the heaviest losses in the first hour, with 1,100 killed and wounded, and one of the garrisons was hit directly by the republican artillery, killing and wounding 900 men.

After the first shock and with the arrival of the Luthori Forces, the Loyalists were able to stop the advancing of the republicans into the city from east, and managed to arrange a counter attack against their positions. The advance was however short-timed due to lack of reserves and required aid, and the Loyalists were forced to retreat back into the city. Estimated casualties of the battle in the eastern city were 800. Loyalisist Command is however confident that the eastern city is mainly secured from republican threat for now, but the lack of artillery stored in the city makes long range attacks against the republican forces nearly impossible.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Xanathos » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:25 pm

Outskirts of Yishelem, Kingdom of Yishelem

The XXII "Deathbringer" Legion finally arrived at the outskirts of Yishelem, coinciding with the 7th and 8th fighter-bomber squadrons from the Obliterator. Gen. Henburton, commander of the XXII, stuck to the book of Luthori warfare and reigned fire on the Republican positions outside of Yishelem, using some 46 SPH-14 howitzers and 11 ARLS 2700 rocket launchers. Specific orders were given to target enemy artillery positions and anti-air sites. The rest of XXI Legion, consisting of 15'000 men, is currently expected in a few hours. The bulk of the Imperial Force, with some 120'00 troops in the XXIII to XXVIII Legions has started moving towards the battlefront, however, its progress will be slower.

The general also tentatively ordered a few airstrikes on enemy positions, all of high altitude and limited precision, although radar positions in the city confirmed the bombs all fell outside the city walls in what the watchmen called "the general area of enemy presence".

OOC: SInce I've ordered an indirect attack only and your attack was on my initial force, I will wait until you order an attack on my new force (if you wish to do so) to call my casualties. If you wish to have your artillery fire on my new troops as soon as they were in range, just say so and I will have that counted. RP going well up to now :)
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Emunim » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Yishalem, Kingdom of Yishelem

As the news of an approaching Republican army reached the ears of Yishalem based commanders of the Beiteynuese Revolutionary Volunteers, a paramilitary organisation supporting the Beiteynuese Republic, a mood of jubilation at the expected retaking of the city will, by future generations, probably be blamed for the rash and overconfident attack plans that they implemented next. Dismissing reports of Luthori troops on the outskirts of the city as an "Imperialist Bluff", orders were given to launch head-on assaults on Loyalist positions within the city. The result was predictable; while several small-scale raids on Loyalist supplies were moderately successful, attempts to assault the superiorly trained and already alert Loyalist forces caused a near rout in the ranks of the BRV, with Volunteers being forced to an ignoble retreat from the main warzones of the city. Loyalist casualties were small, while the BRV suffered a literal decimation of it's ranks, with nearly one in ten volunteers being either killed, wounded, captured or simply choosing to abandon their post.

OOC: As I've mentioned in a Beiteynuese bill, the BRV is a highly ideologically driven militia, but also start off the conflict with soldiers with virtually no experience or formal training of how to fight an insurgency campaign, and commanders selected for revolutionary zeal rather than tactical knowledge. As a result, Yishalem should serve as a lesson to them, but for the first few posts will fail in virtually all their objectives and suffer a high casualty rate.
Emunim

Postby Xanathos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 pm

OOC: I'll do the Luthori regular assault to push the Republians from the city. After that, if you dont mind, I'd like to break until next week, Christmas and everything I wont be able to RP. I hope its ok for you. I'll call my casualties after you've responded to my riginal assault, as a conclusion, next week.

IC: Outside Yishelem, Kingdom of Yishelem

Despite the fact that two Luthori Legions, XXI and XXII had been camped outside Yishelem for some time, outnumbering the Republicans, Luthori High Command had not given the ok for a full assault, allowing only indirect fire. The artillery battallions from the two Legions had pounded the enemy positions for the past few days and air strikes had dramatically scaled up, now including the use of napalm bombs. However, the situation had just drastically changed. The main army group, 120'000 soldiers from the XXXIII to XXXVIII Legions had finally arrived for a total of 160'000 men and the assault had been ordered.

Imperial heavy battle tanks had led the charge after a final enormous artillery strike. Due to the extensive firing at AA positions, Luthori command had felt it safe to allow gunships and low altitude fighters for close support, to take out enemy tanks. Brigade commanders had been warned that after this battle, the advance would be much slower, so they ordered a quick attack here to make up for that. The assault began when Luthori tanks engaged enemy armor.

The Luthorians outnumbered the Republican forces 8 to 1 and Luthorian navy command believed the IFC-35C Hawk figheer-bomber to be vastly superior to any black market fighter plane the rebels could purchased. Members of the OFI (Luthorian intelligence) are also actively working to determine the origin of the black market military equipment.
Xanathos

Postby Khaler » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:22 am

OOC: I and Bismarkey agree on the christmas break.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Bismarkey7 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Khaler wrote:OOC: I and Bismarkey agree on the christmas break.

OOC: Yep. And Emunim told me he does as well. Sorry about my own small break; I changed my email on my profile and the confirmation email took some time.
Bismarkey7

Postby Xanathos » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:59 pm

OOC: Hi guys, I'm back, so as soon as its ok for you we can continue!
Xanathos

Postby Bismarkey7 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:02 am

Xanathos wrote:OOC: Hi guys, I'm back, so as soon as its ok for you we can continue!

OOC: I'm ready.
Bismarkey7

Next

Return to World Events