Beiteynu-Luthori War

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Beiteynu-Luthori War

Postby Xanathos » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 am

OOC: To LNRulez01: the thing is that at the beginning of the RP, we agreed that no other country should intervene militarily. Because if Al-Badara helps Beiteynu, then Luthori calls on its allies to enter the fray and things become a lot less fun and a whole lot more unbalanced.

IC: Somewhere in the sky above Birahteynu, Ultra high altitude, Kingdom of Yishelem (Beiteynu)

"Reaper squadron, report."

"Reaper two standing by."

"Reaper three standing by."

"Reaper four standing by."

"Reaper five standing by."

"Reaper six standing by."

"Reaper seven standing by."

"Reaper eight standing by."

"Reaper nine standing by."

"Reaper ten standing by."

"Reaper squadron, this Reaper leader. Today you are the Emperor's mighty iron fist and will carry his will against the heathens, the traitors and the heretics. You will make fiery justice reign from the sky and will strike shock and awe in the hearts of our enemies, who have long ago been denied the privilege of calling themselves human. This is a Holy Crusade we have embarked on, and we will be victorious! For the Emperor!"

Reaper leader opened the bomb hatch of his ISB-3 Pacifier stealth strategic bomber and let out a huge number of various types of bombs. He was immediately followed by the other members of Reaper squadron.

Underwater, off the coast of the Kingdom of Yishelem (Beiteynu)

On board the 8 Paul von Lewenheusen Ballistic Missile Submarines of Battlefleet Orion, similar speeches were made and after that, orders were given to fire. Each submarine fired 6 "Massive ordnance Missiles", known only by their code name, they were allegedly the most powerfull non.nuclear device the Luthori Military had ever developped, and were headin straight for Birahteynu.

Yishelem, Endild, Kingdom of Yishelem, Luthori Command

Lord Arthur Lerenby stood on the balcony overlooking the city of Yishelem, there was especially a spectacular view of the Holy Temple of St. Richard. Lerenby looked to the south-east, to Birahteynu. He could easily immagine his bomber planes high in the sky and the people down below, victims of the folly of their rulers. He thought to himself: "once again, as is always the case, the Beiteynese rulers are paying for their foolishness with the blood of their people". He looked away towards a beautiful sunset, it was friday and a red sun would rise on saturday.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby LNRulez01 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm

OOC: I understand, sorry i didnt want to upset youre RP
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Bismarkey7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:51 am

OOC: I am taking in this post a break from my usual "international news agency" style of writing, mainly because it's a major event, and secondly because I like the dialogue-heavy-style post Xanathos just did. After Zuckerman's monologue, though, we go back to a news agency style post. Also, Emunim and I agreed that from now on he will RP the real RAFB and the BRV, while I will RP the terrorist group the "True RAFB," although we may switch. It's actually rather open-ended.

767 Rooseveltstein Avenue, Birahteynu, Fruskila, 4:58 a.m.:

Rachel Winkler had been awake all night trying to finish a midterm essay for her political science class at Birahteynu Schultzist University. Tired beyond belief, she was glad to finally be able to go to bed. Since her first class was at one o'clock in the afternoon, she had time to sleep in, too. Soon after lying down, Rachel was awakened by the sound of sonic booms. Knowing her nation was at war with a powerful empire, she immediately got out of bed and began to run towards the nearest bomb shelter. No more than three steps outside of her front door when a Luthorian bomb struck her house, Rachel's world immediately went black.

A bunker somewhere near the border of Endild and Fruskila, 5:17 a.m.:

"Someone get me the president!"

"Here you go, General Zuckerman."

"Thank you. Mr. President? Yes, this is General of the Army David Zuckerman; you are in Beth Haccherem, sir? Good. Well, I'm sorry to wake you at this hour, but unfortunately what I have to tell you is very bad news indeed. Yes, you should probably sit down. Sir, about twenty minutes ago, the Luthori air force absolutely bombed the hell out of Birahteynu, and civilian casualties are catastrophically high. How many, it's hard to say still, but considering around 45% of the city was destroyed and there are about 12 million people in Birahteynu, it's not crazy to estimate around five and a half million dead. All we can do now is start to plan a massive counterstrike, because, I mean, this is unprecedented; killing a civilian population of five million to get at their leaders? I mean, it's ludicrous! I know. Well, God help us, and long live the Republic. Alright, goodbye."

Ruins of Birahteynu, Fruskila, 12:15 p.m.:

Today, the city of Birahteynu was heavily bombed by the Luthori air force, with civilian casualties extremely high - in excess of 5 million. We go now live to President of the Beiteynuese Republic Theodoros Waltoona (recently reelected), who has called a press conference at the site of what was the Fruskila State Capitol building.

"As you all know, Birahteynu was bombed today by the Luthori Empire. What you see behind me was once the state capitol building of Fruskila. There are many craters like this one in Birahteynu today! More than five million people were killed! And for what? So the Luthori Empire could have more land? Yes, because that is how this war started, I'll tell you. They would not give up Yishalem to the legally declared republic. They claim that we leaders have failed you? That is their excuse to slaughter innocents! This act will not go unpunished, ignored. If anyone remotely responsible for this comes to our nation, they will subject themselves to lynch mobs! We will get them, my fellow republicans! We will prevail yet! LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!"

90 Mountain Road, Ir Shalom, Tadraki, 8:49 p.m.:

Jonathan Winters had lived in Beiteynu nearly half of his adult life as a translator, and had grown to love the country as much as his birth nation the Luthori Empire. Although he believed the republicans were foolish for revolting against the emperor, he was appalled the Emperor would approve of such destruction of innocent life as had occurred in Birahteynu. Jonathan only wished the war between his two beloved countries would soon be over. Tired from the day's events, he decided to go to bed early, and fell asleep easily. It was a good thing he did, because a few minutes later, his house was blown up in a fury of sound and fire by a group calling itself the "True RAFB." The nation was descending into anarchy.

Bureau of an international news agency:

After a very impassioned speech by Beiteynuese President Theodoros Waltoona, the RAFB has split into two factions; one, the real RAFB and its ally - the paramilitary Beiteynuese Revolutionary Volunteers (BRV) - continues to follow the orders of the government and fights the Luthori Empire against all hope. The other faction has begun acts of terrorism on Luthorian civilians and military personnel, and refers to itself as the "True Republican Armed Forces of Beiteynu (True RAFB)."
Last edited by Bismarkey7 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:38 am

OOC: Hey sorry to butt in but, just a reminder for anyone watching this is all taking place in the 2777 or 2778 ot 2779 era. The Emperor is still William IV of Luthori & I of Alduria and Mordusia. It is not Henry II of Luthori and Alduria & I of Mordusia. Looking great guys, and Bis you couldn't find some pictures of a city burning? :twisted:

Keep it up guys!!!!
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Xanathos » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:42 am

OOC: Would you accept me having some Luthori agents in Beiteynu itself, under cover? If yes, read on, disregard the next small section in Fruskila. If you think I overexagerated the number of Luthorians living in Beiteynu, by all means correct it. Please also correct it if you think there should be more.

IC: A remote village in Fruskila, Kingdom of Yishelem (Beiteynu)

"Joshua, did you hear the news?"

"Yes I did", he spoke in a soft, low voice.

"Mm, my family, they were alll killed." The man collapsed into sobs. "Those fucking Luthorians!!! There's, there's this group, the True RAFB, they actually want to take the fight to those bastards. I met one of them, Isaac, he told me we were going to level Fort WIlliam and slaughter the emperor." The man's faced had turned into a smile at that thought.

"Is that so. Well, in that case, I have two things to tell you. Firstly, you're an idiot, but that isnt really a secret. Second, my name is Peter Silhorn and I am a witch-hunter." The other man didnt move, incredulous, he was still smiling when Silhorn slit his throat. He then activated a satelite phone: "You were right my lord, a splinter group has formed, it is much more violent than the regular rebels. I suggest we do something about it."

Fruskilan border, Kingdom of Yishelem (Beiteynu)

In the wake of the Birahteynu bombings, Sir Sean Dervershire, Lord COnstable and commander in chief of Luthori's military, made a tv appearance to the Beiteynese: "Now you know the ultimate power of the Empire. Now you know that you arent safe. In your living rooms, in your bunkers, we can reach you and we can kill you. We have undisputed air supremacy and we can hit you. The Emperor's forces are advancing into Fruskila as I speak, in a matter of hours, they will reach the ruins of your capital city of Birahteynu. In proof of the grace and mercy of the Emperor, civilians will suffer no further harm in Birahteynu, provided they do not take up arms. I now, for the second time, call for a ceasefire. Enough blood has been spilt, there is no need for more. However, I warn you that any attempt to attack the Luthori homeland or any of our cities will be met with unrestricted thermonuclear force. i doubt the people of Beiteynu wish to test the size and yield of Luthori nuclear arsenal. Were you to accept our offer of ceasefire, His Majesty's army will halt at Birahteynu and you will be permitted to take the dead and wounded. Lastly, any who would harm Luthori subjects currently living in Birahteynu will be subjected to the harshest and cruelest punishments imaginable."

The wall surrounding Endild has been heavily fortified in the wake of the attacks, SAM sites have been positioned in every city of Luthori, the missile defense shield had been tested with success and and the border closed. In addition, air force patrols have redoubled their air superiority efforts in the skies above every major Luthorian city. Furthermore, the handfull of Beiteynese living in Luthori have been arrested and the ODS and Inquisition (also known as Order of the Witch-Hunters) lists of many "monitored individuals". There was however, one category of Luthorians who remained highly at risk: those who lived in Beiteynu and had no protection. They were at the mercy of the "True RAFB" and numbered some several hundred thousand.

The Luthori army crossed the border into Fruskila, profiting from the panic after the attack and headed towards the ruins of Birahteynu. Many soldiers had painted a red Luthori cross on their tanks and equipment, symbolizing a crusade. Indeed, they viewed themselves as the successors of the crusader armies of old.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Emunim » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Darόm Refugee Camp, South of Birahteynu

As quickly as they had overflowed, the makeshift tents now spewed free their temporary residents, the torrent of Birahteynu refugees heading further South as news of the advancing Crusader armies reached them. David Wells, in theory here to boost the morale of a beaten populous, sat merely watching. He couldn't help but admire the militiamen, who could behave with so much efficiency at a time when the whole country had fallen into chaos. The rallying call of 'Ayin tahat ayin' echoed throughout the camp, and, to Well's surprise, to a generally positive response. In the meantime they seemed to operate with a sixth sense in their capture of any Luthori refugees. They were poor bastards- bombed to hell by their native country then finished off as a piece of propaganda by their adopted one. The clever ones came through their mock trial with nothing more than a bullet in the head; the stupidly defiant would live agonisingly longer, until their bodies gave out and they allowed the crucifix to kill them. He'd heard one recruiter boast with a certain glee at how far their influence streched; that every town in the Republic would have executed its Luthori population by the end of the week. The poor bastards.

And still, Wells could observe a growing number of grim faced men, chanting for vengence, heading back to that dead city, with a bloodlust surpassing even that of those who had created them. Through all the death that had occurred and all that was to come, the thing he mourned most was the death of the Republican ideals. As the bombs had fallen on Birahteynu, it had killed more than men, woman and children; it had destroyed the very foundations on which the Republic was fighting. There was no liberty against tyranny, no self-determination against slavery, not even a right against a wrong. This was now simply a holy war, a fight to defend one dogma against another. It was not a fight Wells had any interest in being part of.

Beiteynu News Network Report from the Temporary Parliamentary Headquarters, Fruslika

Ceasefire Discussions

David Wells caused some uproar in Parliament today when he called the President to agree to a Luthori ceasefire and enter into negotiations with Luthori to end the conflict."Half of Birahteynu is dead," said Wells, "we have radicals and zealots running unopposed through large part of the country and we are in simply no position to dictate that more of our citizens should die for a lost cause."

The call found favour with loyalist members of the Parliament, however feelings are thought to be mixed within other sections of the Parliament.

BRV Defection

Following the call for a negotiated settlement, the Beiteynuese Revolutionary Volunteers announced they would suspend their cooperation with the Government of the Republic. It is thought they will join forces with the true RAFB, though BRV Generals have only stated that they will seek only to continue to defend the Republic and it's citizens.
Emunim

Postby Bismarkey7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Duke Matthus wrote:OOC: Hey sorry to butt in but, just a reminder for anyone watching this is all taking place in the 2777 or 2778 ot 2779 era. The Emperor is still William IV of Luthori & I of Alduria and Mordusia. It is not Henry II of Luthori and Alduria & I of Mordusia. Looking great guys, and Bis you couldn't find some pictures of a city burning? :twisted:

Keep it up guys!!!!

OOC: I was focusing on the words, not the pictures! :roll: But thanks for complimenting our awesome RPing, which I agree is well-written on all sides.
Bismarkey7

Postby Bismarkey7 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 am

Temporary Parliamentary Headquarters, Birahteynu, Fruskila:

President of the Republic Theodoros Waltoona walked up solemnly to the podium in front of the modular building that was being called "Temporary Parliamentary Headquarters." Looking rather distraught considering his rousing speech after the bombing of Birahteynu, the president sighed heavily into the microphone before speaking.

"My compatriots, I will not lie to you. Our nation is in a dire situation, vividly demonstrated by the barbaric destruction of Birahteynu. My speech following that despised event was, I must tell all of you, overly confident for our situation. I was overcome by great emotion and anger at the philistines who committed that war crime against us, and my speech was just the channel for that anger. It is clear to me now, after deep consultation with the parliament, Prime Minister David Wells, and the rest of my cabinet, that it is in the best interest of our country to sign a ceasefire agreement with the Luthori Empire. Know now that the Luthorians have yet to express any opinion on this ceasefire, as we are announcing it to the whole world only now. Perhaps...perhaps...I'm sorry. I don't know what else I can say, my friends and countrymen. The sadness...the anger...everything is boiling and raging inside of me now. All we can do now is pray and hope. I now give a direct order to all RAFB and BRV troops: do not fire on Luthorian or Loyalist troops unless they fire on you first, because if you do it will void any consideration whatsoever of the ceasefire by the Luthorians. Also, any RAFB or BRV troops who come across any terrorists injuring or killing Luthorian civilians, unless they are doing so in self-defense, must stop and arrest the terrorists immediately, who will be put on trial for murder or attempted murder. That is all, friends. Long live the Republic, if it can."

True RAFB safehouse, somewhere in Quo'gün state:

"'Long live the Republic, if it can?' What kind of bullshit is that, Theo? What happened to, 'We will prevail yet?' Fuck him. I'm sure glad we took matters into our own hands, eh, Roger?"

"Yeah. Luthori better watch the hell out for us. They fuckin' killed my grandma."

"Damn straight, Roger. Waltoona, Wells, the parliament, the cabinet, the fuckin' army: they can all go to hell. But not before our old friend William does."

RAFB Central Command, south of Birahteynu:

"'Long live the Republic, if it can?' What happened to, 'We will prevail yet?' God, things change quickly around here. I'm mad as hell right now, Colonel."

"Of course, General Zuckerman. We're all pretty mad now, if not sad. A lot of our men lost family, friends, lovers in that bombing. I lost my son and my wife, actually."

"I lost my whole family, Colonel. I lost my soul."

OOC: I propose we start OOC discussion about the terms of ceasefire. I'm considering, as you can see from my post, making Zuckerman defect to the terrorists, which would certainly increase the amount of time the terrorist group functioned. I want your opinions as to whether or not I should do that, although I think it would give a certain organization to the terrorists they didn't have before, which would make for a much tougher time for the Luthorians and RAFB troops that are going to try and destroy the terrorists, which will give the whole RP another interesting side plot. I'm not too keen on a secret Luthorian counter-terrorism unit so brutal it kills people who are only semi-considering joining the True RAFB. I can understand an actual counter-terrorism unit (even one undisclosed to the public) that goes after known terrorists, especially after the ceasefire, but one that kills people pissed at Luthori? I don't know...
Last edited by Bismarkey7 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bismarkey7

Postby Xanathos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:05 am

OOC: I suggest the terms for now be that Luthori occupy Fruskila, which is equivalent to their catual advance and that Luthorian troops be allowed into Beiteynu to eliminate the True RAFB and their sympathizers. I think it might be a good idea to have your general defect although it would de facto end his life in the eyes of Luthori. As well, I'll restrict my counter-terrorism tactics to actual terrorism, although the guy I had killed earlier was quite dedicated about joining, sorry if that wasnt made clear. I think we're having an excellent RP so far, especially when compared to other war RPs, which most often degenerate into RP bitching lol.

IC: Ruins of Birahteynu, Kingdom of Yishelem (Beiteynu)

The tank colomns rolled into what was once the center square of the city, where the mighty parliament once stood, now only a withered husk of its former self. A few Luthorian soldiers broke off from the main force and planted a Luthorian flag on the ruins of the Parliament, while shouting their battle cry: "Hail Luthor!". The cry was repeated by thousands in a rare moment of celebration.

Luthori High Command had accepted the ceasefire proposal and had ordered all Luthori troops to refrain from engaging RAFB troops. However, these orders did not apply to the True RAFP and ^Luthori troops set out to hunt them down in Fruskila. Precision strikes against a few known positions were ordered but it was obvious the help of the Beiteynese forces would be needed to truly finish the terrorists off.

Foreign mInister William Rannigan had to following to say: "I am extremly glad that the Beiteynese leaders have accepted reason over madness and accepted a ceasefire. The war has already been bloody enough and there is no need for further death and destruction. However, this does not apply to the perfidious and heretical organization that calls itself the "True RAFB". They will be hunted down and exterminated like the vermin they are."
Xanathos

Postby Bismarkey7 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Temporary Parliamentary Headquarters, Birahteynu, Fruskila:

President of the Beiteynuese Republic Theodoros Waltoona called another press conference this afternoon after his ceasefire was accepted by the Luthori High Command.

"The Luthorian acceptance of our ceasefire is the first step towards peace. The next step, however, is the most difficult one: As many of you may know, an anti-Luthori terrorist group calling itself the "True RAFB" has splintered away from the actual Republican Armed Forces of Beiteynu. This group's goal is to assassinate or murder Luthorian military personnel and civilians. Former General of the Army David Zuckerman, angry at the Republic for what he saw as 'giving up too easily', has defected to this discriminatory and violent group. It is ironic, I think, for a man who fought for freedom and justice and the other republican ideals would resort to the tyranny and violence of terrorism. Although I understand his disappointment, his reaction to this disappointment was rash, and now Mr. Zuckerman is all but dead in the eyes of the Luthori Empire, who will hunt him down mercilessly. In fact, the Luthori Empire wishes to destroy all known members of the True RAFB, and they have been granted freedom of movement throughout the whole republic to meet that goal. RAFB troops will assist the Luthori armed forces in this goal. However, and this is a direct order to all RAFB troops, soldiers of the RAFB are only allowed to kill terrorists in combat, and leave the executions up to the Luthorians. For those of you who fear the Luthori Empire will take advantage of this free movement, rest your fears. They will always and everywhere be accompanied by RAFB troops. Any act of aggression on either RAFB troops or Beiteynuese civilians by Luthorian troops, or vice versa, will immediately break the ceasefire and war will recommence immediately, but war is not what either side wants, so let us all work towards peace. Long live the Republic, long live the Emperor."

True RAFB bunker, near Kiryas Ne'eman, Padrilka:

"We're extremely glad to have you here, General of the Army Zuckerman, and pleased by your good sense. Let me get right to the point: we have no real leader, and we need one. In light of your defection...well, would you like to be the leader of the True RAFB?"

"That's what I'm here for. Let the death and destruction begin, fellas."

Bismarkey7

PreviousNext

Return to World Events