Majatran Cup I - 2908

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Majatran Cup I - 2908

Postby Jesuit » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 pm

2908 Majatran Cup
Welcome to the first Majatran Cup, which is to be held in 2908. This is the first year this event will take place, uniting countries from all over this glorious continent in the beloved game of Soccer (Futbol). As the nation that created the Majatran Cup, Selucia will be our hosts, hosting games in 6 cities throughout 4 regions. So far, the following countries have ratified/ratifying this treaty, and are eligible to participate in the games. Countries must ratify the treaty no later than December of 2908 to be able to participate. There is to be no cheating, as this is to be a completely random process. All game play is random and fair.

Ratified Countries
Selucia
Yishelem & Beiteynu
Barmenistan
Al'Badara
Cobura
Vanuku
Kafuristan
Last edited by Jesuit on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jesuit

Re: Majatran Cup I - 2908

Postby JJC » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:05 am

The Barmenistani National Soccer Team will proudly participate in The 1st Annuel Majatran Cup .

M.Adrian Wellles
President
Barmenistan
JJC

Postby Bismarkey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm

The Beiteynuese National Soccer Team will, with great honor and pride, attend The 1st Annual Majatran Cup. We wish the best of luck to all participating nations and teams.

Sincerely, in the Name of the Government of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu,

Walter F. Rosenbaum,
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Postby Jesuit » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 pm

As the 2908 Summer reaches it's peak, soccer season is in mid-stride and the games have begun!
Goldaria Stadium, louder than ever before thanks to the inaugural games.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Calvin Hooper, Mayor of Goldaria:
Thank you all for being here today. First off, I'd like to thank the nations of Yishelem & Beiteynu, Al'Badara, Vanuku, Cobura, Kafuristan, and Barmenistan for participating in these games. Without these countries, we might not be able to host this glorious yet friendly tournament.

Now the way this tournament will work, is that there will be two groups, one of three and one of four. Countries will be randomly placed into these groups. Each country shall play every country in it's group once. Three points a win, one a tie, nil a loss. The country with the most points in their group after group play is over with will have an automatic ticket to the next round. The #2 finisher in the group of 4 will also have an automatic ticket to the next round. Then, the #2 finisher from the group of 3 shall play the #3 finisher from the group of 4 to see who qualifies. The winner shall play the opposite group's winner. Ties will be accepted in group stage. From there, it will be a 15 minute over-time, followed by a shoot-out.

And now, the groups!

Group A (4 teams)
Barmenistan
Al'Badara
Vanuku
Cobura

Group B (3 teams)
Selucia
Yishelem & Beiteynu
Kafuristan

We thank everyone one, and to every country good luck! Let the games begin!
Jesuit

Postby Jesuit » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Group A - Auroria, Korgana

5 - Barmenistan v Cobura - 3
2 - Al'Badara v Vanuku - 5

5 - Vanuku v Barmenistan - 2
5 - Cobura v Al'Badara - 1

1 - Al'Badara v Barmenistan - 4
2 - Vanuku v Cobura - 1

Vanuku: 9, 3-0-0, +7
Barmenistan: 6, 2-1-0, +2
Cobura: 3, 1-2-0, +1
Al'Badara: 0, 0-3-0, -10

Group B - Victoria, Uleroth
4 - Selucia v Yishelem & Beiteynu - 1
4 - Kafuristan v Selucia - 5
4 - Yishelem & Beiteynu v Kafuristan - 3

Selucia: 6, 2-0-0, +4
Yishelem & Beiteynu: 3, 1-1-0, -2
Kafuristan: 0, 0-2-0, -2

Play-in - Kabbasa, Kal Serathi
4 - Cobura v Yishelem & Beiteynu - 4
Penalty Kicks
1 - Cobura - Yishelem & Beiteynu - 4

Semi-Final #1 - Argona, West Shadar
4 - Vanuku v Yishelem & Beiteynu - 0

Semi-Final #2 - Parnumgrad, West Shadar
2 - Selucia v Barmenistan - 2
Penalty Kicks
4 - Selucia - Barmenistan - 3

3rd Place Game - Kabbasa, Kal Serathi
3 - Yishelem & Beiteynu v Barmenistan - 1

Final - Goldaria, West Shadar
1 - Vanuku v Selucia - 0

First Place
Vanuku
Second Place
Selucia
Third Place
Yishelem & Beiteynu
Last edited by Jesuit on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jesuit

Postby LNRulez01 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 am

OOC: Wow, it seems that my country, Badara, sucks at soccer lol. I will have to do something about that soon :lol:
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Jesuit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:28 pm

OOC: Or that they just have bad luck with the dice :P
Jesuit

Postby Opakidabar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:39 am

Vanuku nation is cheering for its brave 11. Prime Minister Arjen de Witt made a statement: "We are proud of our guys who made it to the Finals and would meet the host nation Selucia in Finals. Both teams are in excellent shape and show great football. The coach Johan van Basten (ooc: two Dutch legends in one name :) ) has done a lot to his boys. They have a great team chemistry. They are an example that with a good team work, fair play and healthy way of life you can achieve a lot. I am looking forward to the Final game for the opponents are great and Selucia would be a hard nut. I wish our team a luck and a fair spectacular game for both contestants!"
Opakidabar

Postby Jesuit » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:34 pm

The Selucian populace is looking very forward to this game. Goldaria Stadium will be packed, the streets full of fans that weren't lucky enough to get tickets into the game, but none the less thrilled as could be. Selucia being the host nation is going crazy Right now, and Sis. Alexandria de Victoria, Viceroy of Uleroth, has been quoted, saying "if Selucia wins this title, Uleroth and all it's citizens will be granted a week's off of work. The Uleroth District Exchange (UDE) will not run for this week, and we will celebrate in our cities. We wish the best of luck to the Vanuku players, as we pray that this game is well played and fair."
Jesuit

Postby Bismarkey7 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:27 am

Congratulations to our boys of the National Soccer Team! We applaud their hard work and dedication! It is truly an honor to field a team at this historic first tournament, and even more of an honor to have that team come in third place. The Barmenistani Team played no worse than the Beiteynuese but unfortunately it was not their game to win. We applaud them on their hard work and dedication as well, just as we applaud the rest of the nations and teams on the same virtues. May this great tradition carry over the II Majatran Cup - 2914, which shall be held in the Commonwealth of Yishelem and Beiteynu.
Bismarckian National Resistance (BNR)
Having nothing to do with Otto von Bismarck since 2758!
Bismarkey7

Return to World Events