Conclave

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Conclave

Postby Felipe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:07 pm

The Selucian Catholic Church's College of Cardinals were summoned today to Vatican City in Auroria to commence the Conclave that would elect the first Pope since Pope Pius I whose death brought forth the rise of the third great dark age of the church. The current acting head of the church Camerlengo Giacomo Cardinal de Filippo said that he is hoping that with the election of a Pope he is hoping to see the end of a period of darkness in the church's history and the rise of a bright new future for all mankind.

Camerlengo de Filippo summoned the College of Cardinals to the Vatican.

Cardinals meet in the Sistine Chapel as they prepare to vote for the next Pope.

Last image of the Cardinals as they were sealed in by the Vatican's master of ceremonies today.
Felipe

Re: Conclave

Postby Felipe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:36 pm

White smoke rises from the Sistine Chapel after one round of votes.

The bells of St. Peter's ringing to confirm the election of the Pope.

Millions of faithful cheer following the news of a successful ballot.

We are now waiting to see as the new Pope will come out in St. Peter's balcony shortly.
Felipe

Postby Felipe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Fratelli e sorelle carissimi.
Queridísimos hermanos y hermanas.
Bien chers frères et sœurs.
Liebe Brüder und Schwestern.
Dear brothers and sisters.

Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum:
Habemus Papam!
Eminentissimum ac reverendissimum Dominum,
Dominum Ioannes,
Sanctæ Romanæ Ecclesiæ Cardinalem de Filippo,
Qui sibi nomen imposuit Gregorius I.

(I announce to you a great joy:
We have a Pope!
The most eminent and most reverend Lord,
Lord Giacomo,
Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church de Filippo,
Who takes to himself the name of Gregory I.)
Felipe

Postby Felipe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Images of the new Pope Gregory I, the former Camerlengo of the Church as he emerges into St. Peter's balcony. The Pope will now give his first Urbi and Orbi blessing to the city of Auroria and the world.

Sancti Apostoli Petrus et Paulus: de quorum potestate et auctoritate confidimus ipsi intercedant pro nobis ad Dominum.

R/ Amen.

Precibus et meritis beatæ Mariae semper Virginis, beati Michaelis Archangeli, beati Ioannis Baptistæ, et sanctorum Apostolorum Petri et Pauli et omnium Sanctorum misereatur vestri omnipotens Deus; et dimissis omnibus peccatis vestris, perducat vos Iesus Christus ad vitam æternam.

R/ Amen.

Indulgentiam, absolutionem et remissionem omnium peccatorum vestrorum, spatium verae et fructuosae poenitentiæ, cor semper penitens, et emendationem vitae, gratiam et consolationem Sancti Spiritus; et finalem perseverantiam in bonis operibus tribuat vobis omnipotens et misericors Dominus.

R/ Amen.

Et benedictio Dei omnipotentis, Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti descendat super vos et maneat semper.

R/ Amen.

In English:
May the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, in whose power and authority we have confidence, intercede on our behalf to the Lord.

R/ Amen.

Through the prayers and merits of the Blessed Mary ever-virgin, of Blessed Michael the Archangel, of Blessed John the Baptist, and of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, and of all the saints, may Almighty God have mercy on you, and with your sins forgiven, may Jesus Christ lead you into everlasting life.

R/ Amen.

May the Almighty and merciful Lord grant you indulgence, absolution, and remission of all your sins, time for a true and fruitful penance, an always repentant heart and amendment of life, the grace and consolation of the Holy Spirit, and final perseverance in good works.

R/ Amen.

And may the blessing of Almighty God, + the Father, + the Son, and + the Holy Spirit, descend on you and remain with you always.

R/ Amen.

The new Pope Gregory I inside the Vatican.
Felipe

Return to World Events