Third Darnussian Civil War

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Third Darnussian Civil War

Postby MichaelReilly » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:40 pm

BRAUN LOSES PRESIDENCY

Johann Braun has been defeated in Presidential race by the Republican Party candidate. Braun, who ran on the basis of continuing the tensions with the Empire, lost to Mikhail Hasch, who ran on more moderate terms and who wishes to increase the peace between the two nations.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Amazeroth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:42 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:Like I've said before. It's our RP. We decide. Not you.

You wanted war. We don't. It's our nation. We are the one's who have to deal with the consequences.

I don't want to make a larger thing out of this, but that is simply not true. RP doesn't belong to the nation it will happen in, and it never has so in the past. RP "belongs" to all players involved. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be possible to have peace instead of a surely devastating war between the two Darnussias, but especially the outcome of an RP - if such a thing is to be discussed before the actual thing starts (I think it is certainly possible, and has been done in the past, to have an RP where the outcome is willfully unclear to all at its start) - should be discussed with all players, not only the ones in the nation where it's happening, and I think this is a simple matter of fairplay. The other thing you could have done is to say that all things concerning the RP and its outcome will be decided by the Darnussian players only, right when you invited other nations to participate, and not after you've just changed how it's going to be.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby MichaelReilly » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:35 pm

OOC: What the hell are you all crying about anyway? That we didn't go to war? 'RP' doesn't mean 'war'.
MichaelReilly

Postby Eryk » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:36 am

OOC: I seriously think that next time, everyone would appreciate that before you contact them and ask for their involvement you have an end scenario finished and the whole RP in a general outline to at least know how it starts and ends. This way you could save everyone's time and avoid such unrest about the issue.
Eryk

Postby Romulus » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:05 am

OOC: What Eryk, has said completely sums things up!
Romulus

Postby UniSocAll » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:32 am

Eryk wrote:OOC: I seriously think that next time, everyone would appreciate that before you contact them and ask for their involvement you have an end scenario finished and the whole RP in a general outline to at least know how it starts and ends.

OOC:
I disagree with this statement, most of the republican allies weren't sought after, they poured into the war when they knew about it, and it also correlates with the entire republican movement vs. monarchy power arc.

Amazeroth wrote:RP doesn't belong to the nation it will happen in, and it never has so in the past. RP "belongs" to all players involved. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be possible to have peace instead of a surely devastating war between the two Darnussias, but especially the outcome of an RP [...] should be discussed with all players, not only the ones in the nation where it's happening, and I think this is a simple matter of fairplay.

I agree with this statement more, specially the statements in bold, though these aren't my only issue with this entire fiasco.

IC:
Gaduri Troops Coming Home
Consul recalls all troops home without warning
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2496&start=90#p33886
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby MichaelReilly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:53 pm

OOC: For thhe thousandth time, there was no fiasco. There simply wasn't full-scale war. Like I said before, 'RP' doesn't mean 'War'. And what's more, none of my allies were told they were going to war.

You lot really need to know the difference between stopping dead an RP, to simply deciding all-out war isn't the best track for the RP. UniSoc, you are blowing this thing way out of proportion.

And Eryk, that's not how all RP's work. You don't have to have a definite ending setout from the start. Where's the fun in that? If Kazulia, had, say suddenly attacked Narikaton during those tense times, then war would've broken out. However, since war didn't break out, Darnussian and Narikatonite leaders decided on peace instead.

There is only 1 ending condition: Darnussia will be united. How that is done is not definite.
MichaelReilly

Postby MichaelReilly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:57 pm

The Tensions continue...
MichaelReilly

Postby MichaelReilly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:40 pm

LEADERS MEET
- Imperial Chancellor and Republican President meet at the 'Migrant Conference' to discuss the future
- De Augustin and Hasch both wish for peace
- Both nations still unlikely to officially recognise each other

Imperial Chancellor Marcus de Augustin (left) and Darnussian President Mikhail Hasch (right) meeting in the Migrant Islands
MichaelReilly

Postby MichaelReilly » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 pm

BRAUN RE-ELECTED

FORMER PRESIDENT Johann Braun has swept back into power as Darnussian President in a shock victory, defeating incumbent Mikhail Hasch with a massive 58.3% of the vote. Hasch's moderate policies, while helping to create peace, has seemingly harmed Darnussia's standing in the world, and Hasch has been seen to sacrifice too much to Narikaton. Furthermore, Hasch's lack of character in contrast to the highly charismatic Braun is also a factor in the result.
MichaelReilly

PreviousNext

Return to World Events