Trial of the Saiser

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Trial of the Saiser

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:45 pm

OOC: I am not going to write as much as Darvian because I am simply busy and too lazy to do so. As I stated before, it would be improper for me to voice my opinion on who is the prosecutor or who isn't. I said I would apply impartiality and I will keep doing so.

I do have to agree with Darvian that this is getting out of hand and everyone needs to calm down. This is a game to have fun (whatever your definition of fun is, I don't know and I don't want to know). So, let's stop the OOC attacks and little "cat fights"and let's be moderate in our posts.

OK, that's as far as I will go. You guys hammer out the details of who is going to be in the prosecution and who isn't. Whenever an agreement has been reached and everyone is content (or at least a majority because you can never make everyone happy), we will start this trial once and for all.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby jethro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:05 am

OOC: Darvian and Mr. Yankees are indisputably right, and I say this as someone who dislikes Darvian with quite the same intensity he does me (goes way back about 180-150 years to our Zardugal days. Very long story. On a completely unrelated note, I do have to give you credit, you bested me in that battle Darvian. I set to get you to leave, and it ended with me having little other choice than to pack my own bags, and you've gone on to rule Zardugal with astonishing consistency for an astounding length of time. I still profoundly dislike your personality, as well as your general style of play and RP, but, hell, credit where credit is due. I don't begrudge you your victory, though, you kicked me out of my regional politics and local dominance, andI went on to have a fairly successful career in Particracy, starting with crafting the Kazulian Empire and later the infamous NWO. Strangely enough Darvian, you that are on the short list of Particracy players I may genuinely despise, you may have saved me from long-term Particracy ignominy, and perhaps I should thank you for that. There's no sarcasm here).

Though, Darvian, I think a lot of the "Axis-bashing" is because all of the complaints coming from Xanathos are being labeled, very prominently "THE AXIS, OFFICE OF THE CHAIR". I apologize for presuming he spoke on behalf of the organization in general. I also, from the sheer number of complaints, mentally presumed a great many Axis members were complaining, though upon review it seems all the recent ones have come from Xanathos. Xanathos (I think and hope the more rational members of the Axis have already exhorted this to you), stop bitching and let the trial develop. George, you constantly let things get to you in such an absurdly emotive way that does nothing to advance this problem and, in general, probably your biggest personality fault.

Anyways, all that is not really necessary to what I'm trying to say. Come on, people! We've got a momentous trial on our hands that may be the biggest, best piece of RP we'll do in quite a while, and at present it's scheduled to start very soon (Friday? Saturday? I'm still hazy on that). At the time George was picked he had no connection at all either with myself or with Nova Terra, he was selected because many people had confidence in his abilities to conduct an efficient Prosecution, and I personally did not foresee any controversy in his selection. We can still have a brilliant trial if we simply put this issue aside and focus on simply making the trial as good as possible.
jethro

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:28 am

OOC: Fine, you're all right (I may had been drinking when I posted the last message of mine, but I don't remember), anyway. Let's begin this darn trial. I'll suck the blood out of the Saiser.

I will head the prosecution and if anyone is interested in assisting me then they may PM me. If the Axis accepts my offer than they are welcome to participate as the Guests of Prosecution, if you like, whatever. Witnesses may also PM me about this case, in order to prepare ourselves. I shall also dive into the archives, if they haven't been deleted yet.

Shall we begin, ladies and gentlemen? A new thread perhaps?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby jethro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:31 am

I think we should keep using this one until the actual trial starts. When Mr. Yankees wants to declare the trial started I think he should do it in a new thread where the official trial will be conducted (I personally suggest, "People of Terra vs. Saiser").
jethro

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 am

OOC: All rights, lets get things in order:

Actually, Angry Mollusc made the proposal to have a small Axis team with the prosecution and I accepted, there was a slight misunderstanding between Darvian and I:

"OOC: To Angry Mollusc
For the sake of RP and the continuation of this trial, I will settle with having an Axis presence of some importance on the prosecution team, as you proposed."

Between when I said that and now, the situation quite dramaticaly changed. The GPO showed overt friendship, if not alliance with NT. The NT has carried out several attacks and become more militant. This in my opinion more than justifies a reversal of position on the issue. Moreso, George's party is now a member of NT, along with several other affiliated organizations, which, correct me if I'm wrong, wasnt the case when the trial started.

However, I propose a compromise that is hopefully appropriate to the situation for the same reasons I initially accepted the first one. I propose that George still be allowed to RP the prosecutor BUT not be allowed to RP a character with any affiliation to his party, to Kalopia, to the GPO or to Nova Terra. I suggest he RP a lawyer from Althlorcaea or somewhere else (non-affiliated) to be the prosecutor. This permits both of us to maintain consistency with our IC posts. Also, the Axis shall not be sending a team to aid the prosecution, no. I would RP a couple of lawyers from an equaly unaffiliated country to aid George's unaffiliated character. This would permit the prosecution to be non-partisan while letting George RP it.

I hope this is acceptable to all of you.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby jethro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:40 am

I like that idea, I think. Makes sense I guess.
Last edited by jethro on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
jethro

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 am

Xanathos wrote:OOC:Between when I said that and now, the situation quite dramaticaly changed. The GPO showed overt friendship, if not alliance with NT. The NT has carried out several attacks and become more militant. This in my opinion more than justifies a reversal of position on the issue. Moreso, George's party is now a member of NT, along with several other affiliated organizations, which, correct me if I'm wrong, wasnt the case when the trial started.

However, I propose a compromise that is hopefully appropriate to the situation for the same reasons I initially accepted the first one. I propose that George still be allowed to RP the prosecutor BUT not be allowed to RP a character with any affiliation to his party, to Kalopia, to the GPO or to Nova Terra. I suggest he RP a lawyer from Althlorcaea or somewhere else (non-affiliated) to be the prosecutor. This permits both of us to maintain consistency with our IC posts. Also, the Axis shall not be sending a team to aid the prosecution, no. I would RP a couple of lawyers from an equaly unaffiliated country to aid George's unaffiliated character. This would permit the prosecution to be non-partisan while letting George RP it.

My party is no longer affiliated with Nova Terra and I assure you Malekas Aristocrat, despite his dad being Grand Secretariat and all, has nothing to do with the GPO. I shall state it here and now that Malekas Aristocrat will represent Kalopian's Justice System, which is especially cruel. No other interests served.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:09 pm

OOC: The whole point of my offer was to have someone who is NOT a regular party member and who is not from an affiliated country. Forgive me but this seems like a very rapid change of heart regarding your party's affiliation George. It's as if I sent the son of the current head of the Axis and say he isnt affiliated, it just doesnt work. I have given you a fair deal, that even Jethro accepts, again I ask you please to RP a character that meets the criteria and I shall do the same.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

OOC: Ahh, well ok, I persisted because I had some great plans for the son of Aristocrat. But anyhow, sure. Does he have to be from Athlorcaea (or however that's spelled)?
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Xanathos » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:13 pm

OOC: Thanks a lot, I think its relatively simpler if he's from Althlorcaea (or however thats spelled) because its not affiliated with any of the alliances, but if you find another relatively neutral country, that works as well.
Xanathos

PreviousNext

Return to World Events