A Battle Unseen

General outlets, headlines and feeds.

Re: A Battle Unseen (OOC: First Person RP)

Postby Reddy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:54 am

23:30 a certain private residence in Auroria, Selucia

He threw the TV remote at the TV as yet another re-run of 'Miracle in Lerna: The Warrior Bishop' began.

"Who is this priest???"

The whale shook with anger as he asked his companion, the cosmetics tycoon, Marcia Avita Severa, her painted face showing similar chagrin to the whale's. Marcia shook her head ever so slightly and replied, "He beat my nephew Flavius to the post about four years ago. I tried to get the Lerna seat for him and had about two fifths of the Holy Synod on our side. He just showed up a week before the election, had been living in a hermit's cave or something and it was like he bewitched them or something, even the ones in my pocket voted for him."

"Bloody Trigunians too!", Ugsts Marcus Graktri shook his massive head violently. 'Perhaps we ought to invest in Lerna as we have in Auroria. The Selucians have the worst government system, save maybe for the Jelbeks or the Jakanians. Who's to know when they can get their act together? By then the bloody Trigunians could be 'peacekeeping' all over the country." "We need to make a grand gesture." "Remember what Malavicci said 'armed prophets'?" Marcia nodded in reply. The whale continued, 'It's time to put Malavicci's teachings to practice. We should send Lerna a ship full of what he truly needs - arms. As it happens I have a finger in the global arms pie, it would cost us more than a little but it would earn the best thing right now - risk limitation. Whoever prevails in Pontesi, we would not be left in the cold and we in reality will be the real armed prophets.”
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Maxington » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:59 pm

KCGV-3405, 300 Miles Off the Coast Kazulia, 0800 Hours, The Ship's Bridge
"All Right People, Today is just like any other day, Just routine patrols , and Check ups on the Fishers," stated Kaptein Jerlov Grondahl. Kaptein Jerlov Grondahl had been in the Coast Guard for 20 years, although he though today was going to be a regular routine patrol, he was wrong. løytnant Commander, Syvert Okland, Head of the navy Marinekommandoen, a Maritime Special Forces unit, walks into the Bridge and salutes to Kaptein Grondahl,"Kaptein Grondahl sir, the Naval Radar Surveillance caught 2 Targets coming towards us and they are coming fast and Observation spotted them, they appear to be Pirates"løytnant Commander Okland said. Kaptein Grondahl went onto the PA System and said,"This is your Captain Speaking, We have two Pirate Vessels that seem to be heading towards us, Battle-stations!"As he said that, the 57 mm Gun would face in the Last Known Direction of the Pirates. Kaptein Grondahl would suddenly take up the Telephone as he'd get himself into direct contact with Coast Guard Command where he stated that they were about to get into contact with possibly armed Pirate, and had requested that another Vessel be sent since the KCGV-3405 was a small vessel. Suddenly 2 Pirate vessel zipped close to the Coast Guard Vessel on both sides. The Crew Began to open fire on the Vessel with small arms fire. Kaptein Grondahl went to the Helm where he took command of the steering and swung the ship into the direction of the Pirates. He'd send the Vessel into Full speed about 17 Knots. As he swung the Vessel into the direction of the Pirates in the distance he saw the KCGV-3406, a much larger OPV than the 3405. The 3406 used its starboard side to block the Pirates from passing them. As he does this both Vessel with point there 57 mm guns are the pirates as the pirates begin to circle between the two coast guard vessels, thinking that this would confuse them. "Fire!", Kaptein Grondahl would shout. As he shouted that word the 57 mm guns would open fire on the two Pirate Vessels. As the Coast Guard Vessels were opening fire on the Pirate vessel and purposely missing as they try to keep the Pirates concentration on dodging the fire, a 32 man Marinekommandoen unit dropped from the Vessels and made their way towards the Pirate vessels. løytnant Commander, Syvert Okland was with the team when they made face to face contact with the pirates. "The Pirates seemed by to of Barmenian Decent by their accent", stated løytnant Commander Okland when he reported the Origin of the Pirates Back to Kaptein Grondahl. "Must be refugees", stated Kaptein Grondahl. "It's kinda sad how some of them are still trying to seek asylum, most countries would let you in willingly if you enter their border legally, Oh, well, Integrated them through Customs and they would most likely deport them back. I feel sorry for them in a way."As he said those words to løytnant Commander Okland the immigrants were being boarded onto the KCGV-3406 to be transported back to the Mainland.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Kubrick » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:46 pm

22:45, command center of "Scutum", a private military company under Sophus et Dives Incorporatus.

"Report!" barked the grey-haired and grizzled man with a strong Brmék accent. "Commander sir, an average haul today at minimal losses. Current reports state six foreign vessels have been ceased with a total of around two to three million LOD in goods, not to mention all the personnel which will be.. sold to the Kalopians." The elder commander nodded. "Good, what are the exact losses?" He quickly reached for a sheet and skimmed it. "Uhm.. It was.. Two fishing boats, numbers 18 and 19. They were doing a run together when a Kazulian coast guard vessel caught them." The commander slapped him on his back. "Good boy, continue." and then swaggered off. His eyes followed the elder man, who even at this pace was very intimidating. They said he came from Vanuku, that he had been the personal guard to both Khagans. Others said he was the "Butcher of Belgae", a still unknown executioner that killed over six-hundred Zards. All he knew was that shortly after the fall of the Khaganate this man had joined Scutum and had worked his way up the ranks with amazing speed. Now he commanded the Privateering Department, a department which did not exist on paper.

They were all loyal men and they knew things of disputable nature had to be done in this time of turmoil. For them it was organizing the Barmenian refugees, handing them weapons and small vessels and pushing them into robbing the wealthy merchant vessels that roamed the seas across Majatra. All their profits went to Sophus et Dives Incorpo. Some said it has been the last order of Sophus himself before his resignation. "Spread chaos when I become Imperator and solidify our position" is what he said, allegedly. Brutus didn't know, Brutus didn't care. As long as SetD did well, he would receive generous payment. As long as he received generous payment, he could afford the medicine for his son. Ironically also supplied by SetD. In some ways they already rule this nation. He chuckled and got back to work.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Reddy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:32 am

07:30 a certain private residence in Auroria, Selucia

The whale lay lumbered over the green couch, his eyes squinting over a piece of paper and jotting words on it. He raised his head and nodded, beckoning him to sit on the couch laying opposite the whale’s own. “What news from home?” Juhn hesitated briefly and then it all came out, “The country’s still burning. Jezk’ar has utterly failed to create anything durable. Hunger everywhere and the sounds of gunfire and roads destroyed. The economy is near collapse and prices are tripling fortnightly." Juhn sighed and then shook his head, and finished, "The country is crying out for a saviour.”

The whale smiled ever so slightly and asked, “What of our beloved Archbishop of Lerna.” Juhn thought he saw a flash of fire in his uncle’s eyes when the whale mentioned that ‘beloved’ loathsome fly in the ointment. He answered slowly, “The Trigunians remain in Lerna. Rumours say at the end of winter, some kind of offensive might be mounted against Jezk’ar there.”

“Hmm.’’ The whale massaged his jowly chin, a trademark gesture.

Juhn’s curiosity peaked and he asked, “Uncle, what will you do if the Consuls don’t invade? The Trigunians could be in Dawnstar by then.”

The whale waved his arm lazily, “The Consuls will invade. There is too much tension between them and the very scent of glory is the ultimate aphrodisiac for a pol, it is to be war, whether a domestic or foreign war, it matters not.”

“But...”

“I have another card to play anyway. The bloody Archbishop and his Trigunian horde could take the entire country tomorrow if they like, but my card will stop them making anything out of it.”

Juhn racked his brain and he then gave up, finally asking, “What card is this?’

“A Princess. She stands as a memory of past and, with little me beside her, better times.” Uncle said no more and then turned to Juhn, “I have a mission for you, nephew.”

“To Lerna?”, Juhn knew what he had to do. He wouldn’t risk one of his own brats. “What would I get in return for risking my neck returning to that hellhole, boasting about this Princess of yours to the old crow?”

The whale frowned at that and answered, “You get everything. It's nothing to do with the cro...um Archbishop, it's even more dangerous than that. I want you to go to each clan Prince’s court and deliver tokens of our friendship. The free Yeudish west as well, there are many men there who will matter a lot when the time comes. When the time is right we will call in that goodwill.” A large hand gave him a cheque, a plane ticket and a phonebook and as Juhn looked at the cheque, his eyes widened at the number of zeros on it. With this sum, you might just convince all of Terra to elect you World President let alone... Juhn strode out of the room, ready to begin.
Reddy

Postby Kubrick » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:59 pm

21:09, office of Consul C. Cassius Sophus, Auroria, Selucia.

Caeso Cassius Sophus stepped inside the office of his father, the slightly bloated man was leaning over papers and grunting as he squinted at the letters. "Father." said Caeso as to announce his presence. His father did not look up and waved to the chair. "Yes, yes, sit down and speak." Caeso cleared his throat, leaning forward and spoke softly. "The woman has ears everywhere, father." Caius Cassius Sophus looked up. "This is the only office in this damned building without bugs, Bacchus took care of that. Now speak, it's late and I want to retire for the night." Caeso nodded. "Our friends heard certain recurring whispers with the moderates, they seem to still want the war with Pontesi." The elder Consul smiled widely. "Excellent, it will help us greatly when they suggest it instead of us, lowers the odds of them ever seeing it coming." The Consul reached for a cup on his desk and took a hefty sip. "Ah, Caeso, this will be our finest hour. Make sure Legatus Zhtál knows what is expected of him." Caeso nodded a final time and jumped out of his chair. Now he was doing his fathers bidding, but his father was old. Once his father died he would take over. He smiled at that idea, it is a humble path to greatness.

21:42, command center of "Scutum", a private military company under Sophus et Dives Incorporatus.

"Legatus, sir!" He turned around to the young whelp that barked for his attention. The boy handed him a message, clacked his heels and walked out of the command center. He opened the paper and read it carefully.

Legatus Zhtál,

When the dogs of war march for the land of the promised prince,
await the word of your most honoured friend,
then come to the sacred halls with your brothers in arms.

~ S

Zhtál whistled and his aide-de-camp came rushing to him. "Sir?" He looked up and handed him the letter. "Burn this, prepare for Order 22. It's a matter of weeks now." Heels were clacked and orders were barked. He turned to look at the map and smirked. It had been so long since Belgae, he could not wait to be in a fight again.

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby Polites » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:50 pm

23:38 a lupanar in Auroria, Selucia

Azizus stepped in the brothel, making sure he was not followed. Auroria's red light district is a big attraction for Selucia's ruling class, but none of them ever wants to be seen in this low famed quarter of the city. The lena immediately recognized Azizus, one of the regular customers. "Sophonsiba is with a john now, you'll have to wait" she informed him, in a heavy Nrktek accent. Azizus knew the drill. He sat down by one of the many erotic mosaics decorating the inside of the lupanar. Fifteen minutes later, Sophonsiba walks to him, wearing nothing but see-through silk, as is the custom among Selucian lupae, takes his hand, and they both enter her chamber.

"Your domina has ruined me, Azize." she said, as he sat on her bed. "Before, our business was going well. All those sexless joyless cunts would just come to us when the Hosians were running the show. But now that people can just fuck in the streets, nobody cares about us. Maybe I should open a temple to Futua or something...".

"I don't pay you to hear your life's story" Azizus interrupted her, "just give me what I want". Sophonsiba sighed and sat down next to her customer.

"Was the brat here?" he impatiently asked.

"Yes, yes, he always comes here. He's really quite kinky, you know. You wouldn't believe the things he has me do to him..."

"Focus, Sophonsiba!" he barked. "Give me the story!". She stopped herself eyerolling, and gave her john what he wanted.

"Fiiine. You should know, this brat has quite an eye for politics. He says he's gonna be the next big thing when his old fart of a dad finally kicks the bucket. He says some war is coming up. And he says your domina's gonna start it".

Azizus became pensively stroking his red beard. "So he knows" he muttered, more to himself than to the nearly naked woman sitting next to him. "No matter, this will still work out nicely for us. He tell you anything else?"

"Not much, really. Not the most talkative bloke, that one. He just rants about his old man all the time and how he's waiting for him to just die. But he does pay really well, and wants the craziest things. This one time he had me and Zenobia tie him up, bring a pair of pliers and a blowtorch, and..."

"Enough!" he angrily shouted. "If you don't have anything of value to tell me, just be quiet." Azizus stood up and proceeded towards the door. "I left your money on the counter. If you hear anything useful, let me know".
Polites

Postby Reddy » Fri May 01, 2015 6:38 pm

16:51 The Archbishop's Palace, Lerna

THe Archbishop sat, gazing intensely at the chessboard in front of him. There were just five pieces on it. He tapped a King on the board lightly and a Queen as well. He would occasionally pick up the Knight He never touched the Bishop but his eyes rested on it half the time. He didn't touch the Rook either.

The Archbishop's secretary Luk watched and told himself he knew what the pieces were. The Rook are the Star People obviously, they sit in the far west, unyielding yet eternally motionless. The Bishop, well that was too easy. The wretched Jezk'ar was likely the Knight, both the Knight and the Prince continued retreating, slowly yet surely. It was the King and the Queen he was unsure about. Could it be the Consuls? Nah, these are all domestic players... Yet the King and the Queen moved from the east as most expected the Consuls to do, once they invaded Pontesi.

The Archbishop noticed his young secretary's interest and said in his deep baritone, "It will all be clear enough soon. Let them take the country, I will never crown a King installed by a bunch of pagans nor Selucian Partiarchals. They will rid us of Jezk'ar to be sure, and we will unravel their pretty little tapestry under their very feet." Luk was puzzled but kept still enough. A King, what King? He knew better than ask and bowed before leaving the solar to continue with his duties in his office.
Reddy

Postby Kubrick » Sat May 02, 2015 1:05 am

19:30, office of Consul C. Cassius Sophus, Auroria, Selucia.

His ears ringed after the flat hand hit his face. A single tear, more from shock than pain, ran down his cheek. "A whorehouse?!" thundered his father, "Revealing state secrets to whores?!" Caeso just stood there, catching the spit and insults with his red and morose face. "And I thought Nonus was the family disappointment." The Consul sighed and walked to his chair, slumping down into it. His last words hit hard, like someone had kicked him in his stomach. His father reached for a glass of whiskey and took a hefty sip. "All is lost, she will know. It's all for nothing." The elder man turned his face to the window and stared outside into the darkness. Caeso could see his sadness and disappointment. This was his darkest hour, this was where he had to take control. His voice was hoarse and uneasy. "Do.. Do not worry, father.. I will fix this. I swear to all the gods I will." His father heard but wasn't listening. He would make his father proud again, he would save their family.

Kubrick

Postby Reddy » Tue May 05, 2015 10:06 am

11:42 Prime Minister's Office, Dawnstar, Pontesi

“They do not have much time to make up their minds, 48 hours only. Tell your masters that!,” the whale screeched at the so called ‘Ambassador' from the Yeudish Republic of Azorim. The Ambassador’s face whitened and his fingers fidgeted about nervously. He answered with little more than a whisper, “We are not bereft of friends and beneficiaries. We could still reach an understanding with Netanya Hadash...” The others in his delegation appeared to nod somewhat non-committally.

The whale broke out in laughter, “You think me a child to believe such. You would reach out to a mad Hosian theocracy. Beiteynu is in chains and we both know you don’t want them falling over you as well. My offer is simple, proclaim the interim government as the legal government over Azorim and I promise to be friendly. Fail that and I promise you, Consul Hadriana and her boys will make it very hard for you in the far west. Some of our boys will be there too and none of them like rebels.”

The Ambassador looked around his delegation uneasily and then replied, “Perhaps if you offer some assurances...” The whale answered with a tone of irritation, “I have already proposed to implement federalism...” The somewhat rejuvinated Ambassador answered slowly in a soothing voice, “Federalism is not enough. We need to ensure that ethnic tyranny cannot develop again. Each satrapy, city..or republic must have full control of its affairs with a common army, cuurency and foreign policy managed by your government. The Republic’s friends in Lerna assure us that even Lerna would accept such.”

The whale ruminated over this briefly. “You seek a confederation then?” His eyes twinkled as he continued considering. All great kingdoms were confederations once. It is only a start. The Ambassador replied, ‘Not at all. We would never seek to emulate the savagery of the Jelbeks. Ours would be an orderly government,with a Constitution and... and a King as its master.” The Ambassador and his delegation bowed their heads slightly towards him.The whale smiled slightly, thinking to himself He got me, he got me in their corner.
Reddy

Postby Kubrick » Tue May 05, 2015 10:41 am

15:41, central highway, Auroria, Selucia.

Caeso had done his duty, he had solved the great issue at hand. He loved her dearly, her shining smile, sparkling eyes and the beautiful curling hair. Oh, Sophonsiba, how I regret this course. But you left me no choice my love. First one of his assistants had created a false medical report from one of his fathers clinics, showing he had a collection of shameful sexual diseases. The only prostitute he ever visted was his dear Sophonsiba so after he had shown the management of the establishment his worrisome health they had immediately ordered poor Sophonsiba to take a test as well. He had made sure this had been at one of his fathers clinics too and surprise, the results spoke for itself. Clearly she was a STD-ridden whore and the management had to let her go. The poor thing had been confused, so confused. "Oh Caeso, I have no itchings or rashes, how is this possible?" she had wailed to him. He had assured her all was alright, handed her a decent amount of money and a plane ticket to Indrala. "Here my love, start a life anew without shame. If you go to Indrala I will promise to visit and pay your expenses." She had refused but he had insisted.

Then he had dropped her off at the airport in Auroria. The problem was gone now, no prostitute could shame the great Caeso, son of the greater Caius. He smiled like the arrogant fool he was. Meanwhile, as he was driving away, a black luxury sedan pulled up in front of the crying Sophonsiba, who still had not entered the terminal. The familiar figure who had driven the car guided her to the backseat and together they set off, not to Indrala, but back to Auroria.

16:19, office of Consul C. Cassius Sophus, Auroria, Selucia.

"Not long now, not long at all. Even the Centrists themselves have abandoned their Consul it seems, in fear of being branded traitors as well." The elder Consul stroked his chin. "Then the order will come to recall her." Tiberius took a sip of his tea and thought about the matter for a while. "Do you think she will accept, Caius?" It was silent for a moment. "I do not know, Tiberius, she might very well choose to defy the Senate." Tiberius shrugged. "She doesn't seem the type to outright break laws like that, she might want to keep her own legitimacy." Sophus started to mess around with his pen, Tiberius recognized it as a moment of doubt from his old friend and business partner. "Worry not, Caius, if she accepts we simply give her impossible terms. Return with all the legions within a week, they can never retreat that fast."

The pen was dropped in a determined swoop. "Yes. So it must be then." The Consul's eyes flashed with confidence. "As soon as my position is confirmed I will establish a new military unit, the Dictatorial Guard. I will leave them in command of Zhtál, he will fill them with loyal fighters. If she decides to return we can at least make a proper stand, our fierce fighters versus her veterans." Tiberius nodded and turned around as he heard knocks on the heavy walnut door of the office. In came Caeso, smiling like an oaf. He nodded deeply to him. "Minister Dives, father. I have solved my little issue." Sophus nodded. "Good work, that wont haunt us at least."

Kubrick

PreviousNext

Return to Media