A Battle Unseen

General outlets, headlines and feeds.

Re: A Battle Unseen (OOC: First Person RP)

Postby Lucipher » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:31 pm

posted by: 'E_Löfgren'
dated: 17 June 4784
reads: 177,948
reason: RoT gov. request, account and post deleted
notes: translated out of Kivonian
content:

"Hey guys, Elias back with today's post. This one is gonna be a bit of a shocker. So as some of you know, before the war I lived in Kivonia, and was raised to distrust the disgusting ***** (note: slur deleted) Telamoners. So since I moved here,I've been doing a bit of peeking around. I was going backpacking last month, and noticed a lot of government trucks with the star and winged sword of the Elítusveit on them moving through a tunnel. When I got home I looked it up and apparently there is a small storage facility there that has frequent visits. But I was in that area for a few hours, almost an entire afternoon, and nothing left.

So I went back up there two days ago, on the pretense of going camping. I learned their schedules the first day, and tried to peek into what was in the trucks. I saw some crates and modern-looking containers with some sort of chemical symbols on them. On the second day, now that I knew when it was least likely I'd be seen, I snuck into the tunnel, thinking I'd find some secret storage or research center. Oh boy was I wrong. It was a hidden valley, with a city inside of it like nothing I'd seen before. More modern than any city in Telamon or Kivonia combined, all gleaming towers and white glimmering buildings. There was a quaint little sign next to it too, it said "Welcome to Falinnvík!"

So as I went in, I kept looking at any signs of what they were doing here. From my basic understanding of Skjöldunga, I saw some stuff about "genetics", "chemicals", "weapons", and something that ended with "genetics" but started differently, that I took to be eugenics. I heard weapon fire, so I took it they were also testing weapons or executing political prisoners. With the ***** (note: slur deleted) Telamoners you can never tell.

My analysis is that there is some sort of secret society where they are performing eugenics experiments on a small population, as well as some form of chemical or biological weaponry. And conventional weaponry of course, with the shots and explosions I heard. It seems like they know what's going on outside, there were jumbotrons with the news playing and everything, it seemed like they were there on their own accord. Well next week I'm going to see if I can crack any government files about this "Falinnvík", or "hidden cove". I doubt it as the coders that secure the government files are the best I've seen, but I'll try.

Government notice: Mr. Elias Löfgren was apprehended by police and his blog taken down. Reason for blog taken down: use of hate speech and slander against the government. Reason for arrest: use of hate speech and slander against the government on the internet, and being a spy from the Third Kivonian Republic and dissenter. Status: en route to government rehabilitation complex code 179AUB82t, floating prison, location north of Telamon in the Green Sea.
Currently:
Objectist Front (Scionist Fraction) (Hobrazia)
Formerly:
Vienota Kreiso/Astaritistu Koalīcija (Dolgava)
Controller of Medina in the Third World
Sameinaður Göfuga Sósíalistaflokk (Telamon)
Grey Eminence (Likatonia)
Lucipher

Postby Luis1p » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:36 am

2:34 P.M., Royal Ministerial Building, Government Complex, Eroncourt, Lourenne

"Madame stay away from the windows!" said Secretary Robilard. Robilard and Oldunez drop to the floor and cover their heads as several bricks begin flying through the office of the High Chancellor. Smoke and flares are seen outside the shattered windows of the office, thousandsof people screaming to the top of their lungs, angry and frustrated. "This can't be happening, Maxime, how could I have failed at this task!" said Oldunez as she broke down and sobbed with the chants of thousands of people becoming increasingly louder. "No madame, you have done an excellent job, you are beginning to-", "No! Maxime", Oldunez yelled. "Do not try to cheer me up with false illusions. This nation is set to collapse. Those greedy bastards in the financial district have set us up for failure. I can't believe this". "Madame, I believe you must re-address the nation", affirmed Robilard. "For what?! So I can tell them that everything will be fine when it's not? The economy is going to collapse, I do not have an explanation for that.", said Oldunez. Just as Oldunez was finishing her sentence, Eroncourt Police broke into the room. Robilard and Oldunez screamed. "High Chancellor we must evacuate you hurry.", said an officer of the Eroncourt police. "Why what is happening?", asked Oldunez. "Armed protesters have broken into the government complex through the east wing by the committee building. We are relocating you to the Royal Estates". "The Royal Estates?, has this situation escalated nationwide?" "Madame, we believe so, we've lost contact with the General Assembly of Carolleux, Joviant, and Outannais". As the four officers, Oldunez,and Robilard made their way to the roof, explosions were heard outside of the building. "This is no protest, this is a riot", said Robilard. On the roof of the royal ministerial building, a helicopter was waiting for the high chancellor and her secretary. Until Oldunez ripped away from the police's grip on her. "Wait, the Royal Assembly! The deputies! They are in the middle of a session! They need to be evacuated!", shouted Oldunez. One of the police men grabbed her and yanked her on the helicopter. "Madame High Chancellor, it is too late for them, we must leave, our other units will protect them. We must go!", he affirmed. As the helicopter made its way to the Royal Estates in Lac des Lumieres, Oldunez and Robilard, who worried over their colleagues in the government complex, saw the city in flames as more and more riots and protests began to spread across the city.
Luis1p

Postby Rogue » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:39 pm

20:00, Streets of Doressa, Narikaton and Darnussia

It is an eerie and cold night. The streets are empty. Only a few cars pass by every so often. A man walks on the street, coming from the new HQ of the ND intelligence agency. He walks calmly but is clearly paying attention to his surroundings. When he approaches a alleyway he hears a voice, "Its dangerous to walk outside alone." the voice says. The man looks a bit stunned but doesnt seem worried. "Especially when you have the information you claim to have." says the voice which comes closer, revealing a unrecognizable face in the light. Before the man could react he feels pressure on the back of his head pushing him violently on the ground. He can feel himself being dragged and a car approaching. A sound of an opening door can be heard and the man is thrown into what is presumably a van or car. The door closes and the man passes out. When he awakes he is tied to a chair. Sitting in a sealed off office and looking right at a bald male from the back of his head. "Aaah. He has awoken" the man says. "Finally time to tell me who you are and why you have been leaving those hints for us to find." the man says while turning around and revealing his face. The still dazed and confused man in the chair, of which the name is unknown, starts to try and speak, barely thinking of words with the back of his head still partially bleeding. After he is given water and hit a few more times he starts to speak more clearly, "I have information on the dealings of the Narikaton and Darnussian government." the man says. Suprised but curious the bald man looks at his officers and smiles. "What kind of information" he asks the man. The man proceeds to give a detailed account of shady government dealings and a large list of possible corruption scandals within the Narikaton and Darnussian government, something that could come in handy for the Deltarian government as they have over the past years been actively trying to sway Narikaton and Darnussia to Deltaria's side on the geopolitical field.

When the man finishes his account and the typewriter used by a female in the corner stops typing the bald man looks the man in the chair in the eye and stares until, after a few seconds he says, "thank you. This is information that will surely come in handy. Im sorry but as a fellow intelligence officer you know what comes next." says the bald man before one of the agents in the back grabs a sharp cord from his pocket and violently puts it around the neck of the man in the chair, choking him with it till he stops breathing. During the ordeal the man is visibly shocked, not used to this cruel method that the Imperial Directorate of Intelligence is known for. "No loose ends" is another one of their motto's. If a asset is worth nothing more alive. It needs to be terminated. Something other intelligence agencies often neglect to do. The body of the man was dropped in a sealed bag in a backalley near the ND intelligence HQ, meant to be found.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Mbites » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:56 am

11:00, Streets of Doressa, Narikaton and Darnussia

Two agents of the newly reinstated Anti-Thallerist Activity Investigation Bureau (ATAIB) meet at the crime scene which has been surrounded and blocked by common police officers. Senior Agent Lukas Georg and Junior Agent Paul Hacker inspect the body of a man that has been dumped close to the ATAIB HQ in a backalley.

SA Georg: "Bartje Nekker."
JA Hacker: "A Narik? Wait let me take a peak at the database maybe I'll find something."
JA Hacker: "Alter. Lukas, look at this."
SA Georg: "Classified file, Clearance not sufficient?"
JA Hacker: "Whoever killed this guy wanted us to find him and then this?"

A police officer interrupts the two by offering a phone to Lukas Georg.
"For you Agent Georg."

SA Georg: "Georg am Apparat."

Georg's eyes lighten up and his face whitens.

JA Hacker: "Lukas?"

After some inaudible mumbling into the phone Georg throws it on the ground and steps on it.

SA Georg: "That was Wolfgang Shukanov."
JA Hacker: "The Zentraldirektor?"
SA Georg: "We'll need something flammable."
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby robmark0000 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:38 pm

22:00, 12th of July, 4785, More Medicament Manufacture (3M) Galemia Researching Facility, Galemia, Province of Celania, Kundrati Union

Characters:

Bács Martina (Incorporated Security Units) - PMC of 3M, 32 years old, Endralonian, female
Equipment: M4 Carbine, gas mask, flak jacket, combat helmet

Lengyel Tamara (Incorporated Security Units) - PMC of 3M, 28 years old, Endralonian, female
Equipment: M4 Carbine, gas mask, flak jacket, combat helmet, light

Anika Mainse (Phoenix Security International) - PMC of 3M, 39 years old, Hutorian, female
Equipment: M4 Carbine, gas mask, flak jacket, combat helmet

Deukalion Noguerarena (3M Corporate Kundrati Department) - Watchman of 3M, 45 years old, Kundrati, male

Solon Arigita (3M Corporate Security Investigation Team) - Security Dispatcher of 3M, 30 years old, Kundrati, female

Andu Unda (Integralist Republic of Kundrati; 3M Corporate Kundrati Department) - Spy of IRK (real), Scientist of 3M (seemingly), 19 years old, Kundrati male
Equipment: Glock 17 Pistol, gas mask, white cloak

Story:

BÁCS: Outside, in the cold, protecting the desk-rats. This is the perfect job... Francba.
MAINSE: What she did say? I mean the last word.
LENGYEL: She said something like 'Shit'. In Syldavian.
MAINSE: Please, do not speak in a language what I cannot understand. Annoying.
BÁCS: Okay, Madame War Hero.
MAINSE: This is more annoying. OK, I am a mercenary, but a patriot too. I did what I had to do for my home.
LENGYEL: I mean, I am a patriot too, if an Endralonian could be a patriot...
MAINSE: ...centre of globalization... (scornfully)
LENGYEL: ...but fight for a corporation is more fun. It is rebellion.
BÁCS: It is. And it is the future. We all know that one time the 3M logo will be there in the Hutorian flag.
MAINSE: Fuck off, Endralonian bitch!
BÁCS: Just kiddin'.
LENGYEL: OK, bitches, ease, calm down.
(The helmet radio activated in Lengyel's helmet.)
NOGUERARENA (radio): We need the Tactical Division inside... kkkk... I repeat, we need the Tactical Division inside...kkk...kkk....
('No signal' voice in radio helmet.)
LENGYEL: What the fuck?
MAINSE: What happened?
LENGYEL: A watchman from inside. He chocked before the signal ceased. He said we needed inside.
BÁCS: Then go in!
MAINSE: We need corporate confirmation and fire order. This is the rules, but preparing for action, baby.
LENGYEL: She's right. I contacting the Investigation Team. Arm your weapons!
(Lengyel contacting the 3M Corporate Security Investigation Team across its helmet radio, while the other two arming their M4 Carbines.)
ARIGITIA (radio): Welcome, Bring Health, For All. You hearing the 3M Corporate Investigation Team's Security Dispatcher...
LENGYEL: I am Lengyel Tamara, private military contractor. Corporate number 856963. I am here in the 3M Gelamia Researching Facility, I got a message from Security about they need us. I need corporate confirmation and fire order.
ARGITIA (radio): Wait a minute (speaking with others ). 856963, you and your fellows got corporate confirmation and fire order. Information: based on our info, in the facility somebody turned off the oxygen. For you, using gas mask is mandatory, I repeat, using gas mask is mandatory.
LENGYEL: Copy. Use your gas masks!
BÁCS: What the fuck happened?
MAINSE: Don't speak too much, Endralonian. Just put that f'n mask in front of your dirty mouth.
LENGYEL: Executed.
ARGITIA (radio): Then go inside, soldier.
(They entering to the facility. There is dark, the lamps and lights ceased. Lengyel using her light. There is corpses everywhere, people in suit, scientists, watchmen and other PMCs too, all got chocked.)
BÁCS: Oh my gosh...
ARGITIA (radio): You can restore the oxygen and light from the Main Control Room, in the basement. Be careful, the attacker can be a computer error, and can be the Separatists. Be prepared for everything.
LENGYEL: Copy.
(They go down to the basement, to the Main Control Room. That is all the same like the other rooms, except there is light here. Everybody got chocked, an there is white cloak corpses everywhere. Lengyel go to a console, and restore the oxygen.)
LENGYEL: Oxygen restored, I repeat, oxygen restored.
ARGITIA (radio): Copy. Is there any trace referring to computer error?
LENGYEL: Not really. I dunno what caused this.
BÁCS: Aaaaaaaaaa.... (Like somebody, who got a bullet in her arm)
(Bács got a bullet in her arm by Unda, who're in cover behind a console. The PMCs also got cover behind other consoles.)
UNDA: Die, globalist pigs! Your time has passed. A nation born and defeat you!
LENGYEL: We aren't the Kundrati Authorities. We are mercenaries. We will kill you without consequences, our Legal Department cover anything. Your only chance to survive is dropping your weapon and surrender.
UNDA: Never. You selling your soul to the devil. I won't.
ARGITIA (radio): Kill him in the first possibility.
LENGYEL: This is your only chance to survive. Show yourself and we won't shoot you. (Lying)
UNDA: Never!
(Unda try to run to the door of the Main Control Room, but Mainse shoot him with to bullet in his ridge what kill Unda.)
MAINSE: Die, you motherfuckin' extremist son of a bitch!
LENGYEL: Target eliminated, I repeat, target eliminated.
ARGITIA (radio): Good work. In the meanwhile, I got the information from our government client that the IRK attacked Gelamia and fighting with the Union Authorities at the moment. To be honest: the Unionists will loose in Gelamia. Evacuate the survivors, I repeat, evacuate the survivors.
LENGYEL: We have a wounded.
ARGITIA (radio): Solve it someway.
MAINSE: What happened, Tam?
LENGYEL: The city is under attack by IRK. I think that dude also was one of em, based on his words.
BÁCS: I agree, but I will always be mad on you, Ani. That f'n parasite not deserved that kind of mercy death.
MAINSE: Sorry, I just saved our lives.
LENGYEL: Stop it, right now. There is no other survivors, I guess. We three survived. Go to the cars and let's get out of here before the bigots shoot our ass.
(They leave the facility, entering to a random car and leave the city.)
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:08 am

6:38 AM January 21st 4786 SS. Toldenmark, Near Dolgavian Coast

Marlène woke up, it took her a moment to figure out where she was, however the events of the past few days flooded back to her. She shivered... It was all too much for Marlène to think about. Girls her age were supposed to be thinking about boys and studies and other innocent things, she was not supposed to be thinking about life or death. Marlène got up slowly trying not to wake her younger brothers and tip toed across the floor of her family's small cabin. She looked over her shoulder and saw the big lump of her father rising and falling as he snored. Next to him was a thinner lump breathing softer. Marlène carefully slipped on her slippers and ever so carefully opened the cabin door to the corridor outside.

Marlène crept out still getting used to her surroundings. Few people were up yet and the corridor was only dimly lit. She carefully shut her room door and began to kitten step down the hallway. She walked up a set of stairs into another corridor and then another. Finally she found what she had been looking for, a door to the outside deck. She opened this and closed the big iron door behind her. She looked around and shivered. She tightened her winter coat and approached an outdoor seating area. Brushing off the light snow she sat down and looked up at the stars. They twinkled and shined with such peace and tranquility. Marlène kept looking and kept looking..... BAM!! Marlène jumped in her seat and looked around. Two large figures emerged from the lower deck and were laughing. They were, Marlène strained to look at them through the darkness, two young men... Marlène sank down in her seat, boys made her very nervous... The two boys probably around 18-19 stopped laughing and began walking towards her. She could see they were workers on board the ship. Marlène thought about going back inside, she knew she could easily avoid them, but is this what a 17 year old girl should do run from people around her age?

Before Marlène could contemplate this any more the two boys saw her... Marlène had a sinking feeling. The two figures approached and smiled at her. "Sveiki" the first man said taking off his hood revealing the baby face of a blond boy, Marlène guessed to be her age. Marlène didn't understand them as the first man said again "Sveiki"? Then they chatted between them, the first one was trying to get the other one to say something. Marlène watched as they began to argue but, realizing they were not alone stopped abruptly. The second boy then asked "Sprichst du Dorvisch?", he had darker hair but it was buzzed short, both men had not facial hair. Marlène still did not understand, her teeth began to chatter slightly. Finally, after a long pause and whispers between the two men, the second man spoke this time in broken Canrillaise. Marlène could finally understand them. "Hello, I am sorry for the confusion. I have to regret to you that my Canrillaise is not too good. I only took it in primary school you see".

Marlène smiled remembering her school back in Kanjor. She remembered all of her friends. Her friends had told her she had been the most popular girl in the whole school. Marlène still didn't believe it but looking back at it, they may have been right. She smiled slightly thinking of the time she had gone to the school dance and she had left the boys in her class stunned, she giggled slightly and then froze... Her smile turned into a blush as she realized that she had been day dreaming again... The second boy spoke "my name is Nikijs, this is Steffen he pointed at the blond boy, Ummmmmm" he paused in deep thought,"what is your name?" He finally asked with a look of relief on his face. Marlène spoke in a very soft voice, "Marlène" she said. The two boys spoke to each other in what Marlène assumed to be Dolgavian. Nikijs then asked "how elderly are you?".

With this Marlène laughed, and then replied, "I think you mean, the word old, You think this face is elderly?"

Nikijs laughed and then relayed the message to Steffen who laughed and pointed at Nikijs slapping his knee. "Sorry, Nikijs" said obviously embarrassed "As I said my Canrillaise is not as good as I wished it were. I am 18, my friend her is 19".

"17" Marlène said as her courage started to build up. "May I ask, do you know where we are going".

"You do not know?" Nikijs asked his face turning suddenly thoughtful. "You will be going to the capital, Aikums before probably going to Noversk, many sectors of Noversk are empty due to new development in the area and so the government is providing Kanjorians a sector to stay, who knows someday there might be a Canrillaise sector in Aikums".

"I see", Marlène said as the sky began to turn orange. A gust of wind cut through Marlène's jacket and she shivered.

Nikijs prodded his friend for something and Steffen unearthed a small package, Nikijs handed the package to Marlène, "here this will make you feel better".

Marlène could not read the packaging but she opened it to find..... Chocolate!!! Marlène's favorite, she looked up Nikijs and stared into his brown eyes, "Thank You" she said as she began to eat it. Steffen elbowed Nikijs and made some remark before Nikijs shut him up. The chocolate didn't taste like Kanjorian chocolate, this stuff was smooth rich and dark, Marlène enjoyed it thoroughly and then pocketed the wrapper.

Suddenly the sun began to rise and on the horizon, Marlène could see a shape of a mountain, it was land. She pointed and the two figures looked. Nikijs then said excitedly, "Welcome to Dolgavia", and with this Marlène's heart lept, no more communism, no more threats, no more thought of death, no more restrictions on clothing, a new life of freedom. Steffen elbowed Nikijs and his face looked concerned, then Nikijs said "Well, it was nice to meet you, however we've got to go and prepare to land".

"It was nice to meet you", Marlène replied then she said, "I need to wake my family and tell them we are almost there", then Marlène arose and walked back towards the door, the blue sea was calm and the wind of an hour ago had subsided. She opened the door and looked back, Steffen had already disappeared down the stairs into the crew compartment, Nikijs had begun to walk away but had stopped too, Marlène's two deep blue eyes stared back at Nikijs as he stared at her. Marlène then smiled slightly and quickly gave him a blow kiss before quickly running through the door and down the corridor once again. She hurried along the doorways and corridors and down the stairs she had been earlier that morning, she rushed into her family's room which was cracked open and inside, her family was about to wake. Marlène took off her jacket and climbed into bed once again, her heart beating inside her throat. She closed her eyes and smiled at herself, she had done it. She hadn't backed down, she could make friends and meet new people in this place, however she would have to learn a new language or two... She stopped worrying and shut her eyes, soon she would begin a new chapter of her life!
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Luis1p » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:24 pm

1:48 a.m, Auberlogne Arrondissement, Eroncourt, Lourenne

"Ha, oh they're simpletons. They called me over to explain myself! Over my free speech! What cowards. They see a little opposition for that bastard on the throne and they instantly begin to shit their pants. Euh, Sault?"

"Yes sir?"
"Are the preparations for Plan Z all set?"

"Yes sir, we are just waiting for Dabout to convince the royal minister of defense that it is time for action.
"I see. Let him know that I am prepared to begin the plan whenever we have an open window. This cannot fail. We must capitalize on this. Although, due to this self-imposed crash, I fear that we may have to wait an extra year. But that should be fine. It allows us to gather support for our cause. And one thing I will tell you Sault, is that the common Lourennian only loves two things: baguettes and money. Therefore, we shall remind them that both of those things are at risk."

"Of course sir. The populace will agree with you on that. I am myself worried for my croissants. I've actually lost the opportunity to inve-"
"Silence, Sault. Tell me, how many of the soldiers are committed to our cause?"

"Uehm...". Sault begins rummaging through a thick file folder. "Ah yes. Here it is. We have around 368,000 from the Royal Armed Forces. and about 30,000 from our underground militias. And sir, these are total troops, from all branches sir."
"Excellent Sault, excellent! And how many fleets are at our disposal?

Only three sir.
"I see. Well Sault, call our explosives man. We need to do some errands before we take over."

"Of course, Cristophe."
Luis1p

Postby Pragma » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:18 am

23:37 - 07/03/87
Imperial Palace - Kamalata - Rajuttistan - Vascanian Empire

The assembled Brahmins wait patiently to enter a small chamber in the middle of the room, with a red door and gilded edge. One by one, 157 step in upon the invitation of a small and frail figure. The eldest among them entered first, while the youngest entered last. Under strict instruction, none spoke to the others - nor did they look back at the man behind them. The sound of footsteps exiting the chamber and doors on the other side opening and closing echoed each time before a new invitation was given.

Once within the chamber, the frail figure would grab ahold of a small, crimson bead between his thumb and finger from a wooden box beside him. The Brahmin would outstretch his hand and the figure would place it in the middle of his palm. The Brahmin would place the bead within one of two boxes, each with a small circular hole in the top and a peculiar symbol on each side. One box was covered in carvings of elephants, one with carvings of tigers.

The vote was entirely secretive, for the figure beside them in the chamber could speak no words and could see no acts. All he could sense was the footsteps on the wooden floor and the movement of warm air in the chamber, filled with the scent of incense.

The Brahmin would leave from a different door on the other side to the red one. Having cast their bead, they were tasked with sitting in silence in a large, adjacent room. Not a word was to be spoken, lest the whole process be repeated minus one voter.

Overlooking them, on a slightly raised platform, sat three people. On the left, a worried man in glasses checking his watch almost every minute. Barely able to sit still, he wore a western suit and expensive leather shoes. The second was a senior Brahmin, who was tasked with announcing the result of poll. On the right sat a thin woman, completely undaunted by the event. Wearing a traditional garb, she did not so much as glance at any other person in the room. Seemingly gazing at nothing, her steely presence was enough to make the others deeply uncomfortable.

After the final vote had been cast, the room was completely still. For five minutes - though for many sat there, it felt much longer - everything seemed peaceful but also tense. Both ancient and completely new. The three elevated members of the congregation breathed deeply, aware that the future of the Empire had been decided.

The blind man from the red-and-gold chamber suddenly entered, bearing a small scroll. Steadying himself on the walls of the large room, all present watched as he made his way across the meeting place. All besides the thin woman, who did not flinch even as the man hobbled up the steps and past her seat.

After seizing the scroll from the old man, the senior Brahmin stood up from his seat. The whole room, once again excluding the thin woman, leaned forward simultaneously. The man on the left checked his watch again, as the elder began to unravel the scroll. Trained to show no telling emotion upon seeing the results, he forced his emotions through a deep exhale and made the announcement:

"As the ranking member of the Imperial Council, it is my duty to inform the other members of the result of our vote. It is a great honour bestowed unto me. We were blessed by the leadership of Emperor Manas and may our next leader be as wise as him." The elder spoke in a heavy dialect, using a great deal of archaic vocabulary. Among Brahmins and royalty, however, the words were well understood - and listened to with great interest. "It is with this in mind, and the blessing of the Gods in heart, that I announce the Imperial Council has selected a new monarch for Vascania."

The room listened carefully.

"Long live Empress Sumitra..."
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:52 am

6:30 PM July 1st 4787, Aikums, Dolgavia

The hustle and bustle of daily life in the capital city was starting to die down. Men and Women in business suits and casual clothing passed by in cars of all shapes and sizes. The sky was just starting to get slightly dark. The door to the City Court House opened slightly as a group of the newest Dolgavians stepped out. Among them was Marlène. As she walked down the street to catch the public transportation back to her new house in the Canrille Quarter of the city, her mind drifted back and she reflected her past 2 years. She had escaped a tyrannical regime that had torn the country she had known, Kanjor apart. Her father was a government official in Aytr and he had felt threatened. So one night Marlène and her parents vanished. After spending a week on the run they had made it to Rildanor where they met with Dolgavian officials who were starting the program to help displaced Kanjorian people find freedom. After spending another week in a shelter for immigrants she made it to the ship which carried her to Dolgavia.

Now almost 1.5 years later Marlène could communicate in Dolgavian, Dorvish (to an extent) and her native tongue of Canrillese. She still was learning and she knew this however Marlène was bound and determined to get better at it. She was currently at University in Aikums, however currently she was at her parents apartment spending the summer with her family. Her train of thought was interrupted when she climbed down the steps off of Konstance Street down to the underground. She finally was a Dolgavian citizen, it took her a year and a half but she was now a Dolgavian citizen! Marlène was studying Political Science at the Aikums, City College and wanted to be apart of government.

10 minutes later Marlène was at her stop. She exited the subway and walked up the 3 flights of stairs to the ground street above. Around her was the newest change to the Dolgavian capital city. The past 4 years had brought over 30,000 Kanjorian refugees into Dolgavia seeking a better life away from persecution. One of the hotspots was this part of Aikums, known as the Canrillese Sector of town. Business's in this sector were written in Canrillese along with street signs and such. The city government had spent billions of dollars to make this a reality, something that was controversial to many Aikums residents who didn't like to see their taxes raised from extra expenses. Marlène walked down the main street through this part of town and admired the moon as it started to rise. This is when she met someone too familiar, someone she had forgotten about, someone she least expected to meet. At first she saw him at a distance, then she looked again, the figure was tall, lanky and had a face brimming with facial hair. She knew who this was, this was a crew member she had met almost 2 years ago aboard the ship that had brought her from Kanjor to Dolgavia. They had only seen each other for an hour or two, but he had not left Marlène's mind.

"Excuse me" Marlène said as the man passed.

The man jumped slightly and said questioningly "yes?"

Marlène now questioned her decision, "maybe this isn't the same person", she thought, well it was too late now and she continued, before she could ask this he exclaimed,

"You!, you are the one I met on the ship, you are the one that I talked to"

"I know" Marlène said, "you may have noticed but I can speak your language now".

"I did notice", said the man smiling. That is fortunate, because my Canrillese has gotten a lot worse after we talked... You see I the same trip you arrived in Dolgavia you see.

Marlène now noticed the name tag on his shirt, it was an steel company just outside of town with the name Nikijs on it.

Nikijs then spoke again "Times have been tough for me lately. You see I used to work on the docks, however with the financial crisis from Lourenne I now am out of work, I now work at the steel mill... Which is the only work I can find... It is tough dirty work, to make matters worse my fiancée dumped me during my unemployment as well.

Marlène quickly capitalized on this and quickly asked "I was going down to the bar to get a drink, you see I received my citizenship today"

Nikijs answered, "I think I can be up for that".
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Rogue » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:30 pm

10:00, Imperial Palace, Cahtice, Deltaria

The Czarina, Maria I, sits on her chair in the middle of the large meeting room within the palace. Its one of the tallest rooms in the building with windows as tall as buildings. A ring can be heard, the door opens. A palace worker walks inside and makes a salute saying, "The First Minister your royal highness", while the First Minister Vladislav Koleno walks inside, stands still, and bows before the Czarina, "your highness". "Thank you alexander, you can leave us" says the Czarina as she starts to sit straight in the chair, "you can sit First Minister". Koleno looks at the chair and back at the Czarina, "i prefer to stand." Czarina Maria looks confused but quickly realizes that this is Koleno and thus he always does things his way. "Very well, i shall stand as well then." she stands up and begins, "You know why i summoned you to the palace dont you First Minister?" the First Minister stands firm and smircks a little, "I do your highness. FADA. Am i correct?" the Czarina looks at him and says, "You are. What is it all about? Why wasnt i consulted and why do all my legal experts say its a clever bill that deteriorates our democratic values. Values we worked hard for?"

Koleno looks straight at the Czarina and says, "With all due respect ma'am, we do not need to consult you on new bills proposed by a democratic government or parliament. Besides that, your legal experts are wrong. These reforms merely ensure our local governments get a larger say and foreign government wont be able to influence our democratic or judicial process. Nothing more." the Czarina walks up to the large window, looking outside. She looks back at Koleno and says, "I know what you are doing First Minister. And i am in this position not to stand by while our democratic institutions erode away. But to act when they do. First your own party and now our state institutions. This is the last thing i can allow to happen you understand that right?" Koleno walks up to the Czarina, getting eerily close to her while also looking outside the window, "Your highness. I believe you havent read your own constitution. If you did you would have known by now that every word you just uttered out of your mouth were nonsense. You have no power. You have no say. You are a mere symbol to look nice and give the real government some legitimacy." Koleno says, clearly stunning the Czarina, "My predecessors might have been to weak to shake of your pathetic attempts at influencing national politics. But im not." he says as he walks closer and looks directly into her eyes, "You have two options. Stand down and look nice, pretend FADA doesnt bother you and this conversation never occured. Or have me personally make sure that next year, when you are due to be reelected by your fellow aristocrats, you will lose to your next best opponent." The Czarina, at the beginning of the conversation thinking she had the upperhand, now looked stunned and partially beaten down at the First Minister. For a few seconds she is silent until she says, "Thank you First Minister. I believe i have been informed to a sufficient degree." she rings the bell and the large doors open again, "Thank you for the understanding your royal highness, i look forward to next week for our weekly talk." "Me too First Minister, safe trip back to the office."

Koleno moves out of the building and gets in his car. He knows he won today. He knows the monarchy will, for the time being, be no problem for him and his government. Now its time to push FADA through the senate. His power slowly increases as the days go by.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

PreviousNext

Return to Media