A Battle Unseen

General outlets, headlines and feeds.

Re: A Battle Unseen (OOC: First Person RP)

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:27 am

Presidential Emergency Operations Command, Classified; 0549
The Command, located in a bunker somewhere to the south of Belgae was in full emergency mode. When the Foreign Ministry received the diplomatic note from Vanuku, Plan 45 was quickly enacted. Senior government and political leaders were quickly moved to Tier 3 security facilities while the President was evacuated to the bunker. All information was now run through a triumvirate of officials, who controlled ultimate access to the President and her inner staff. The Chief of Staff, National Security Adviser and the President's Legal Counsel all now vetted information as it was needed. And there was lots to vet through.
Information from the General Military Intelligence Office showed massive troop movements north of the border and some Jelbanian troop movements as well to the west. Sources embedded in the Vanukuean navy, along with other outside intelligence showed their ships were preparing to leave port and make south. War was coming and the entire Zardic National Security Organization was going into hyperdirve to prepare the nation. Strategically located stockpiles of arms and supplies were left at carefully concealed safe houses, trained operatives and special agents were slowly moving into place to organize resistance for the coming Vanukuean occupation. Important legal and administrative documents were being readied for evacuation from northern sites while Protocol Delta protection measures for sensitive information were being prepared. It was truly a mammoth effort being coordinate by the central government.
The main presidential point man on the matter was National Security Adviser Thomas Williamson. The man had spent his career working in the ZNSO bouncing around to most, if not all the intelligence and security agencies. He worked at the FIA, ZCA, IDA, CTA and a whole host of others. Now he sat as the National Security Adviser and chaired the National Defense and Security Council, one of the prime advisory bodies to the President. All of the council members were present in the bunker along with representatives from all the intelligence services, the military and selected domestic security agencies. His mind was totally frayed from the near 36 hours of total work which had consumed his office. Now he and the entire NDSC was moving into a conference room for a special meeting with the President and Prime Minister. Heavily armed guards stood and patrolled everywhere as he worked the corridors to try and make it to the meeting room.
At 0600 sharp all stood up as the naval officer called "Attention on Deck!" President Julia Harrison, who had just been resoundingly re-elected in a surprise election, entered and took her seat. All other sat down and when they finished she cut right to the chase.
"Fellow public servants, today we received a threat from Vanuku. Leave Dankuk or be forced to war. Well, as many of you know, during my time on the NDSC under the previous administration I opposed sending in "peacekeepers" there and to this day I oppose it. Many of you came here expecting war, and indeed I did contemplate not backing down. But it is in the national interest of the nation to do so. We are not yet ready for war. We have much work to do yet. Rebuilding our network in Vanuku, expanding operations against Dorvik and securing allies is the paramount concern. However this will not go unpunished. I have ordered the Information Dominance Agency to launched a small scale assault, through third parties to hit financial and banking transactions regarding Vanuku. That is all. By executive order I hereby terminate operation of Plan 45."

Information Dominance Agency Headquarters, Venetio; 0624
Orders had come down from the President to launch a series of covert cyber attacks on financial infrastructure of Vanuku. Disrupting bank transaction, government regulatory systems and the stock and financial markets was the key objectives here. Yet it was not to be a conventional attack. When General Ray Ubrario received the order, he smirked and chuckled to himself lightly. There was just a plan to get this going and the best part was, it was totally unconventional and nearly untraceable to Zardugal. Perhaps after a few years of analysis and tracking the virus would be it be traced to Zardugal but that was a pure hypothetical. Not even the brain whizz's over at Development could trace it. He picked up his red telephone.
"This is Operational Control Officer Ubrario. Tyrannis, I say again Tyrannis."

Vanuku National Stock Exchange, Wiel; 0915
It was almost time for the opening bell and the markets seemed to be less skittish today. With the Zards surprisingly agreeing to remove their mission from Dankuk, a rally was expected today as fears of war had been quelled, at least for the interim. Johan Linden, a mid-level stock broker was rushing from stand to stand to try and get back in the game. He had but 15 minutes till the markets opened and he was just starting back up as a broker for a new firm, catering to the rich and powerful in north Wiel. He had to make sure the orders were placed and what data could be obtained was obtained to make sure the analysts at the firm were ready to move right at 0930.
As he whipped around the corner of one desk, he crashed right into one of the night staff, just finished up cleaning and ordering. The papers he was carrying went everywhere and the cleaning cart had several bottles fall off. Both men quickly tried to clean up the mess and, now running late the man sprinted off while our janitor went to the workroom to clock out.
It was now 0929 and the markets were about to open. As he reached the offices, he quickly began distributing the papers to his irritated coworkers. Then he heard the bell, the markets opened and he his heart raced a bit as it always did. He was always nervous when the body opened as each day brought new surprises and anxieties. Today however, things were turning out differently. Almost uniformly across the the computer room, the traders, relying on the hyper-fast communications relay systems to get transactions in, began reporting problems. Trades weren't going through. Buy orders were turned into sell orders and soon the destabilization could be seen across the floor. Traders and brokers panicked and soon all the buy orders were turned into sell orders and the markets started trekking downwards. Normal computer stabilization of the markets or fixes wasn't possible for some odd reason as those programs were frozen out and the financial regulators began panicking as they lost any ability to shutdown or bring the markets back under control as the entire infrastructure of the market was timer based and would only close when the timer went out or when the authorities ordered it closed, something that wasn't happening at the moment. Panic gripped the floor and fights broke out between angry investors as security moved into bring the place under control. While the authorities could probably annul the days trades, an unresponsive cyber system made that task infinitely more difficult. This would be days, maybe even weeks worth of deep financial pain for investors, hedge fund managers and all other types as not only the damage from today would be inflicted but also gaping holes were found in the financial security systems.

It was in all the commotion, with security totally distracted that the elderly old man had walked right out of the building calmly and to a waiting cab. It took him to the airport within 20 minutes and he checked into his flight to Keymon, under a different name of course. As he sat in the waiting lounge to board his plan, he looked at the television screen. They were alternating reports of financial disruptions in Wiel and of the surprise Zardic move. He smiled to himself. They robbed me and left me to dry. Those power hungry cretins left my people out to dry, left me and my son out to dry. When we needed help they gave none. Vanuku has seen the last of the Mrnskyn family and they will never even know how I left them.
By 1020 he boarded his flight and it was off to Keymon where he would enjoy a retirement among the fine beaches, the women and under covert Zardic protection. It was all a simple matter really. At 0730 he got the order to go forward with Tyrannis. At the server room, which he was ostensibly cleaning, he implanted several small chips into the servers which contained the programs to make the trading network go haywire while the virus seeped into the financial regulatory controls and inhibited efforts to stop the fall. None of it could be traced to Zardugal...

Turadrad, Jelbania; 1358
Agent Tskaov and Mr Salyzar were both holed up in a safe house in rural Turadrad, waiting for the security team to come evac them across the border. It had been a rough flight from Vanuku. The SSA was hot on their heels and nearly caught them a few times before they sneaked across the border. Now they were waiting and fervently praying that the Special Affairs Unit paramilitary team would come get them, and soon. Jelbania, while having a poorly regarded intelligence apparatus was lousy with SSA and other Vanukuean agents who were much better trained and had access to much more resources than the Secret Department could ever hope for.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Kubrick » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:15 pm

17:49, Royal Palace, Rykenwijk, city of Wiel, Principality of Vanuku.

Prefect Jan Grnohekam stared at his feet while the Khagan continued his tirade. "Damn them, damn the dogs, I said war, Jan! War! They are weak, their forces are brittle! I told you to escalate the fuck out of that situation! We can't just declare war and say fuck you, Augustans, I am your Emperor now! We needed a fucking reason to go in there! You keep poking them with that fucking stick of yours but they don't turn, Jan! They don't fucking turn!" With a shaking hand the Khagan reached for a glass of water and turned to the window overlooking his garden, muttering dark words to himself. "Your Grace, I don't know where it went wrong. Every unreasonable demand we send somehow gets accepted by them. They are biding their time, Khagan. First the oil, I told Suadjakai to demand their oil and they just said we could freely invest in a majority share. Then the situation in Pontesi, retreat or face war with the impossible time table. They left half their stuff behind and left the nation. And now this, leave Dankuk and say fuck you to the neo-colonists. They folded again and gave us what we wanted. Their arrogance is gone, Your Grace." He looked up at the Khagan, still looking out of the window. Even with his rage you could see he looked more determined than a few years before. Perhaps he had become a tad delusional with the Khaganate and his supposed birth rights. But even then, he had never been more determined and ambitious. At last he spoke, his voice calm now. "Very well. Do what you must, Jan. Inform the commander of the Greater Horde to set up a grand invasion plan and let the Minister of War brief me on that new intelligence project. I trust you, Jan, do not let me down." A wave of relief washed over the Prefect. "Of course, Your Grace." Then the Khagan turned around and looked him deep in his eyes. "It is the next five years or never, Jan. We have the momentum now, we have the power. We are the strongest nation on Terra." The Prefect nodded at the Khagan and inclined his head, as to beg for leave. "Dismissed." The Khagan sat down in his big leather chair, staring at the hearth. The Prefect walked out of the office and went to work, his lord wanted to crush the Zards, he would give him the opportunity to do so.

9:41, Ministry of Finance, city of Wiel, Principality of Vanuku.

The secure transmission rattled in on the desk of Florentien Huyszen, secretary to Minister Grakhldkai of Finance. There had been a breach into the secure financial channels of Vanuku and the stock exchange had been hacked. Without knocking she entered the office of the Minister, who was already on a secure phone. The Minister looked to her and nodded, she sat down at the desk while he kept talking, she recognized the voice on the other side. Prefect Grnohekam. The Minister, for party standards, was a rather young man. He looked just fifty with strong Brmék features although his skin was more tanned, he was most likely a Krlmék from Vanuku's western desert. Minister Grakhldkai had a soothing voice. "I suppose that telegram is from the security of the financial guard, miss Florentien?" She nodded and a soft smile crept on his face. "The Prefect just informed me. He says the SSA have difficulty tracing it." The Minister shrugged. "Happens if you cut finances on the cyber department. Now, that is not for us to worry about. We will have to fix this situation. Yes, we, call your boyfriend and tell him you wont make it for at least 24 hours. We have a lot of work to do." She hesitated for a moment. "The first thing, Minister?" He opened a small safe behind him and took out a document. "I want you to inform aide Vrnszoon to activate emergency project A12, that should stop this madness and bide us some time." She nodded, hastened out of the office and ran to the aide. A few phone calls later and the stock exchange had been nationalized, an emergency fund had refunded 3/4th of the victims and the central government owned bank had been revived to control all financial transactions.

15:09, Military Research & Development facility, classified location, Principality of Vanuku.

"Gentlemen, Project Taurus is our biggest achievement in the past fivehundred years, I dare say. With a research and development budget reaching in the billions now we are also the most expensive project to date. Not to mention that several sacrifices had to be made, especially on the cyber front. Tomorrow the Khagan himself will come here to admire our achievement, hence we will run the final tests now. I want this to go flawless, absolutely flawless. Dismissed and get on it." Colonel Adriaan van Nachten smiled, basking in his moment of glory. For centuries his family had served Vanuku, the noble family of the Khagan. His namesake, a great-great-great-uncle had been Prefect during the Vanuku-Barmenian War and died for the fatherland and his cousin Werner was Minister of War. Colonel van Nachten was the commander of the Military Research & Development facility, a highly classified centre for developing new technologies to give the Khaganate an edge over their foes. Their latest development would change everything. In a slow pace he walked out the meeting room, to the production centre. He admired the PT-01 from a distance. It was shaped like an over-sized eagle. The next generation of drones. A new kind of stealth coating with a clever design to promote it as well, an EMT proof casing and a new kind of bio-electronic system to avoid further detection. The range of these drones was further than any drone before, their cameras as sharp as any. The next development would be to add weapon systems. But for now they could keep an eye on the Zardic homeland and the dissidents within the Khaganate on a high definition screen in a secure office. The SSA had already seized three of their first production and the drone had not even be presented to the Khagan yet.

14:12, perimeter around the SAU safehouse, Turadrad, Khanate of Jelbania.

The new Taurus drone had helped them a lot the past day. They had closely followed the fleeing agent and his traitor friend but they had never gotten a favourable situation to apprehend them. The commander had been clear, the government wanted them alive. Jeztri checked his watch, a minute longer and it should happen. Special forces were in position all around the safehouse, laying low and waiting for orders. They knew the Zardic SAU had to be there soon to pick them up, they wouldn't let these valuable assets die or get captured. He smirked and then radio silence was broken by their scout. "Hawkeye, Hawkeye, guests are ready for dinner." Jeztri clicked the safety off and looked down the scope on his assault rifle. Six men, moving like shadows through the high grass and small trees in dark green and black. They approached the safe house, a row of men on the corner. The two men on point entered the shack and that is when Jeztri gave the signal. "Open fire." All around the shack ghillied and camouflaged special forces jumped up, a good sixteen in total, and started raining down bullets on the SAU squad. Jeztri watched all this from a good 200 meters. The SAU was quick to respond and some of them managed to get some good shots but the superior firepower was no match for even the finest shooters. The two SAU inside the shack, protecting the agent and the traitor at all costs, took pot shots at the special forces from the windows. A breaching team with a flashbang and tear gas ended that stalemate swiftly. They had sustained three wounded and one killed. The three men would probably survive. Five of the SAU had been killed, one was still breathing but had lost so much blood Jeztri doubted he would make it. The traitor had been shot point blank in the head, probably moments before the breach. The agent however, he was alive. The operators had been able to stop him just in time for chewing on a little cyanide. Jeztri checked his watch again. 14:28. He smiled, excellent timing. A large helicopter landed in a field one click from them and then they all left. Jeztri handed the Zardic agent over to the SSA. Blessed Akim protect that poor fucker from their wrath.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby PaleRider » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:13 am

SSA Safehouse, Northern Turadrad, Jelbania; 2341
Oh shit...fucking kill me now. Oh Boh why haven't you let me die yet? Thus were the on and off thoughts of Agent Tskaov, the man caught moment before his attempted suicide at the FIA safe house. For godknows how long he had been subjected to nearly every possible device of torture and humiliation possible. They had beat him, shocked him, dipped his testicles in oil and perpetrated other acts he tried desperately to forget. Still he said nothing. He had been trained for months on how to resist but he was nearing his breaking point and he knew it. The Academy had never prepared him for the near endless rounds of torture he was now being subjected to. Who are you? Why are you here? Who was that man? How many more filthy Augustans are in our country? asked the SSA agents repeatedly as they beat and tortured him. However they left him for a few minutes now. Guess even the SSA needs to shit, eat and sleep every once in a while eh? he chuckled darkly to himself.
He sat there, partially blindfolded and tapped to a chair in the middle of a darkly lit room, naked. Bare ass naked. As part of their torture regimen they had tightened his watch around his dick and electrocuted him so much they it gave him an erection and the pain...hell any lesser man would have broke under such pressure and had they gone on for but a few more minutes Tskaov just might have. But now his strength was renewed tenfold. The stupid SSA, they left his watch wrapped tightly around his dick. He began faking a psychological meltdown and repeatedly smashed his legs together. No doubt the SSA thought he was going banana balls but what he was really doing was activating the tiny panic tracking beacon inside his watch. He did it repeatedly until he heard a click, then he knew he was safe. The FIA was bound to come get him now...

FIA Operational Control Centre, NIOC, South of Belgae; 2345
David Calhoun was manning his watch and continued to pour over the satellite data. With the compromise of the safehouse in Jelbania and the abduction of the Agent, the FIA and the entire ZNSO apparatus was going into hyperdrive trying to find him. The President herself was personally briefed. He had been subjected to long hours and seemingly unending work hours watching the same screen, waiting in vain to see if the emergency beacon was activated. He was out of coffee and began to doze off until.....*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP* and a series of red lights flashed around his monitor. A quick systems check confirmed the beacon and adrenaline surged through his veins as he hit pulled up his intercom and called for the Duty Operations Officer to report to his station immediately.
"Holy shit..." the DOO exclaimed. "Alright everyone we found, get me every piece of intelligence we can on this spot of pathetic Jelbanian earth!" The room flew into a frenzy as analysts, now all surging with a sense of hope and importance began changing the order of their systems to try and pull up any and all information about this piece of earth. Meanwhile at the conference room behind the control room, senior level officials and representatives from all the ZNSO agencies filled the room as they drew up plans to retrieve the Agent.
"Gentlemen" called Special Agent Eskembe who was now task manager for the operation, "We've got one shot and one shot only. How long until the drones are overhead to provide real-time on the ground intelligence?"
"About 4 hours. Initial intelligence shows close to no advanced air defense systems in the area. Our friends in the Army found the area is largely lawless with Jelbanian militia and army still trying to exert authority in the area." stated the Air Force Intelligence Officer.
"Alright good. Get them there and get them there fast. Satellite data?"
Space Dept Representative Jones stood up,"We've rerouted a satellite that was supposed to pass to the west of that position to pass over it in about two hours. We will be able to collect around 30 minutes of real time, live intelligence."
"Okay getting better. SAU? How goes preparing? Any units in the vicinity?"
"We've got a three man team, doing a narco/human trafficking patrol run through the area. We've re-directed them there now. They should be in position in about another twenty minutes. Once we get the OK from HQ, we can be on the ground with larger forces in about 3 hours."

General James Fulcher Combined Operations Base, Gatineo, Zardugal; 0123
Captain Losio watched over his team as they tensely awaited word to go in for the extraction. The SAU platoon was pumped and ready to go. Each and everyone of these men was ready to go and kill some Vanukuean scum. A whole team had been lost and throughout the SAU community there was a thirst for blood....

FIA Operational Control Centre, NIOC, South of Belgae; 0215
The room was still abuzz was activity as intelligence was collected, analyzed and disseminated at break-neck pace. A clear picture was starting to come together. Recent satellite intelligence and imagery showed the SSA had taken up shop at a local Jelbanian militia camp with about 150 Jelbanian militia and regulars there. No doubt part of the rural pacification efforts since the violence in Western Jelbania due to the regional leadership split had not totally died down and in addition to Zardic special operations and intelligence teams roving the area, rebel groups continued to roam. More like regional gangs but still a big enough threat. Communication intercepts from the ZCA showed the SSA was without most of its modern equipment here. Their mission was simple, get the intel, and then the new guys would split while the tactical officers would go back to helping their Jelbanian friends in pacifying the countryside.
A small dirt runway was detected as well with a small shed in the distance housing a UAV (at least that's what thermal scans showed) while a small helicopter was parked too. All of it pointed to the SSA. Drones would be onsite in one hour and provide real time intelligence so the order was given to set loose SAU Platoon 89.

General James Fulcher Combined Operations Base, Gatineo, Zardugal; 0217
The sound of the chopper blades whirling was deafening as the three choppers loaded their teams and took off into the dead of night. They moved low and fast, running with extra fuel tanks for the mission. In 3 hours they would be at this formerly safe house and the SSA would let them have it.

FIA Operational Control Centre, NIOC, South of Belgae; 0249
The drones had arrived overhead and were now lowly circling the surrounding approaches to the militia encampment. Despite Jelbanian boasts about their "advanced" air defense systems, those were hardly the case and even those "advanced systems" they had were located around their major cities. But this was a remote rural target to be taken out. No room to spare for air defense here.
The camera feed showed a camp largely asleep with a few sentries posted. There was a barn, the shed which housed the Vanukuean UAV, the helicopter parked right next to it and the dirt runway which led to a trio of structures at the south end. The silent and black painted UAV seamlessly moved through the night. To the north of the runway, the 3 man SAU recon team had set up positions and was ready to move in.

SAU Helicopters, SSA Safehouse; 0510
The chopper pilots had landed the platoon about ten minutes from the camp to avoid detection. They landed and began moving through the forest to the militia camp.
"Team Alpha, this is Fox Hunter 5, come in over?"
"This is Alpha. We have set up our hunting stand and are waiting for the deer over."
"Roger Alpha. Hunter 5 is driving the deer to you. Be advised to start in 5."
"Roger."

Sgt Williams was originally supposed to be following a group of local human traffickers and working against their operations before being pulled for this op. Now he and his two companions were set up on the north end of the runway. Watching and waiting.
Quickly he got his handheld rocket out and aimed it square at the helicopter. He clicked the safety off and held it steady.
"This is Alpha. Ready to start the Hunt?"
"The deer are in position. Take your shot Alpha."
*BOOM*
The helicopter burst into a fiery ball and sent the whole camp into chaos and confusion as the team entered from the south side. The other two members of Alpha's patrol began sniping off the sentries and whoever else began threatening the team while the Platoon moved in to start clearing the houses.
SSA agents came running out of the main building closest to the end of the airfield and began trying to secure the perimeter. The snipers began picking them off in the confusion (the Jelbk militiamen were of no help in this situation) and soon the SAU platoon was on them. It was 20 SAU against 5 SSA agents and the fight was over before it began when they started clearing the house.
"Driver this is Alpha. I say again, Driver this is Alpha. Ready to be picked up over."
"Roger Alpha, Driver en route."
Within minutes the helicopters were overhead raining down machine gun fire on the panicked militia as they finally began to reorganize and fight back. Bullets flew all around as the mutilated body of Agent Tskaov was transported to the helicopters. He was hanging onto life by a thread. The three man recon team quickly began moving to the choppers, their way out too. On the way there, as Tskaov was loaded onto the chopper, they tossed grenades into the shed of where the UAV was and watched it blow up (unknowingly setting off the fuel barrels stored there).
By 0530 the mission was over and the choppers safely flying back into Zardic airspace. Agent Tskaov was still unconscious and near death but had stabilized. 3 SAU officers were critically wounded. It seemed certain one was to die. They had been more than lucky, yet such luck was not to last forever....

SSA Casualties
Dead: 3
Critically wounded: 1
Wounded: 1

Militia Casualties
Dead: 17
Critically wounded: 33
Wounded: 15
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby Kubrick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:40 am

23:40 to 5:19, the militia camp, Turadrad, Khanate of Jelbania.

Agent Paul Mulhaen gave the Zardic agent and prisoner a final slap before turning around and walking to the window. He checked his watch. Commander Jeztri had been gone for.. 8 hours and 28 minutes, returning with his elite agents to Vanuku. Jeztri had left him in charge of the SSA unit of this militia camp. He started to feel nervous, uneasy. Something was off. Paul had been glad to be back in the field, this was his first proper assignment in nineteen months. Before that he had been closely working with the Jelbanian Department. He had not been in the field but the Jelbanians had to try and get those Coburan minorities high on the leaves. The mission had been the biggest failure in the last thirty years or so. He had never seen any of those Jelbanian agents again and he had been forced to do useless desk work for almost two years. He smiled to himself, now he was out in the field again, his hard work had finally been rewarded and the leadership had forgiven him. He looked back at the Zard who was going insane at this point, slapping his naked legs together like a bird trying to fly. He sighed and looked at the other agents. They were all sort of outcasts, the others where just as psyched as he was. Two of them were just daft and never got the special assignments, another had returned from a disgrace tour only two months ago. He cleared his throat. "Round nine, who is up first?". And thus the torture began once more.

It was several hours later when he thought, for a moment, he heard a chopper. Then again, he had been awake for fifty hours now so it was probably the fatigue. Paul went back to writing his report, the other agents were still trying to pry more information out of the Zardic prisoner. He sighed and continued typing on his laptop. It was a couple more hours later that Paul could not take it anymore. He closed the laptop, grabbed his pack of cigarettes and walked out of the house, lighting a smoke. Breathing in the fresh air and inhaling the tobacco gave him a new surge of energy. Then out of nowhere he saw a massive flash, heard an enormous bang and was thrown to the ground by the massive explosion of what once was a helicopter. Instantly the alarm sounded and Jelbéks came storming out of their barracks. Sniper fire took several of them down instantly and they started returning fire in all directions. The camp had become a war zone against an invisible enemy. Paul crawled back behind the shed and took out his sidearm from the chest holster. He clicked the safety off and checked all around him, he then walked in the nearby trees and took a safe position behind a thick old oak. He took the satellite telephone from his belt and said the words. "Khan of Khans has fallen. I repeat, Khan of Khans has fallen."

5:20, SSA Command Centre, Wiel, Principality of Vanuku.

"Khan of Khans has fallen. I repeat, Khan of Khans has fallen." The message came in clear. Commander Jeztri could feel the adrenaline and fear of agent Paul. He looked at the time table and set another mark. He had disagreed with the Director-General on this mission. The Zardic agent had been a very valuable and useful prisoner but the Director-General insisted on using him to test the Zardic response times. The SSA agents assigned to the militia camp were fuck ups. Lazy fucks that always took the low road or massive cock ups like Paul who managed to make the Agency look like absolute fools. Of course they had known nothing and Jeztri felt sad at their loss, they needed the manpower. By now the Zards were on their back home with their battered agent. Jeztri spoke loudly in the microphone. "Clean up, chase the Zards, respect air space." Within minutes three fighter bombers of Vanuku's most southern airfield roared into the very early morning. They entered Jelbanian airspace after half an hour. Every jet unloaded their ground strike missiles on the camp, erasing every trace of the militia units and the SSA agents. There had only been wounded fools left, they were being merciful. After that the three jets set course to Zardic airspace but did not manage to catch the Zardic choppers in time. By the time they got home the SSA had reviewed all papers and the Director-General had been extremely pleased with the results. The Zardic response time had been adequate, but the analysts praised the extraction and its timing. The Zardic UAV's did their job perfectly but seemed just a generation behind the new Vanukean UAV that had been flying a kilometer or three above them, unnoticed. The advance in UAV development had gone at a heavy price, was the opinion of Jeztri, the Zards now held the upper hand in cyber space and were developing new fighter jets. He had yet to see such investments for Vanuku. Perhaps this actions would wake the bureaucrats up.

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby Reddy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 am

21:47 Purple Palace, Baofluz, Jelbania

“There will be an official reception at the Istalian embassy later today. Get that old bastard and his cow cleaned up and they’ll have to show up there”. The sound of her shrill voice penetrated even here in the third floor underground. Oddly intimidating even for a man who’s seen and experienced everything. The old man sat, his hands shook constantly and he spoke to himself. Or perhaps those who had ended their lives here. If all went well, his wouldn’t end here, perhaps somewhere the sun shone and little children played soccer in the streets. He approached the old man, who shrunk and fell back. “Taj, I’m here to free you. You will return to your old position and authority.” The Taj just gave him a blank look and began gibbering almost like an ape. This one is a broken reed. They only need him for show though. He lifted the old man onto him, marvelling at his lightness. The horse men have never been gentle to prisoners. I enjoyed their hospitality once... he reflected.

He walked to the lift, the two guards there started blankly into space; same as when he entered, they did not and could not see them. Ten thousand LOD will buy a man’s eyes it seems. The lift stopped at the second floor and two more blind guards actually joined them. They all got out on the ground floor above the underground complex and he walked across the long hallway and another half dozen blind men never saw them. The large window was already open and a wheelbarrow nearby. He unloaded the Taj onto the wheelbarrow and one of the blind guards even offered to push it for him. He declined the offer. They cannot know where I’m going to next. Even I will not dare to remember after this

He pushed the wheelbarrow round to the back where an old fashioned Mazda was parked. He lifted the Taj and threw him into the backseat and joined him there. The occupant of the driver’s seat never looked back and drove for a minute or two. The car stopped outside of a surburban home, leafy trees all around them. Only then did the driver turn around and speak “Thank you Gerold,” she spoke Luthori in a light Jelbek accent. “The notes you gave them will lead us to them.” Her natural imperiousness returned, “Every single palace guard found with a trace of the invisible ink we put on those banknotes on his hands will lose his head. You on the other hand will be rewarded as promised, so much you will not have to go around selling your talents to anyone and everyone”

He started, a little puzzled, “But Mand...” She shook her head as her hands pressed around the old Taj’s neck, “Ah ah, no names please, you never know who’s listening. A Beki must keep her hands clean yet tie all loose ends herself.” The old man gasped for breath as his eyes turned red, her eyes gleamed, and finally the Taj just let go. She gestured towards the corpse, “Take it with you, keep it for a while. I want him found only after I’m done with all the traitors, those in uniform and those who patronise them.” She might just survive Jelbek politics after all Gerold thought as she walked out of the car and rang the bell at the gates of the Grey Mansion. He got to the front of the car and started the engine and drove away.
Last edited by Reddy on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Kubrick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:10 pm

9:41, Royal Palace, Rykenwijk, city of Wiel, Principality of Vanuku.

"What do you mean, you can't find him?" The Khagan turned around from his favourite window and faced the Prefect Jan Grnohekam. His eyes flashed fire and his knuckles turned white on the hand that gripped his glass of water. Jan wondered if he would break the glass but snapped out of that thought. "Your Grace, we asked both the local government and our local agents but the Yabek is gone. Nobody has seen him, like he disappeared in thin air." The question whether the Khagan could break the glass with his bare hands was left unanswered as he threw the glass with rage into the fireplace, the glass spat in a hundred directions and the flames hissed at the intruding water. "It's the fucking bitch! I fucking know it! She took him somewhere, far beyond our eyes in that Purple Palace of theirs!" The Khagan hissed the words out in visible anger, it was up to Jan to calm him down. "Your Grace, there is no proof, no evidence. The woman seems loyal even though she did pull a coup on our old friend. Her delegation will arrive later today, a good 200 people." The wrathful monarch walked back to his window and stared outside. "I want him found, Jan. At all costs." Jan swallowed and felt uneasy. He would have to relay those words to the Director-General of the SSA who would interpret it as a license to kill everyone in his way. "I shall see it done, Your Grace." After that the Khagan waved him out. He was barely outside when his aide came running to him with a single paper, he looked panicked. "Sir.. The eh.. Jelbanian delegation. It's a eh.. How should I say.. A lot of pretty ladies, sir." Jan grabbed the paper and read the list and background information. Boh save us, the woman was trying to please the Khagan. He could only imagine how His Grace would react. He sighed. "Inform His Grace of the visit later, let him calm down for now."

Kubrick

Postby PaleRider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:25 am

Fulcher Combined Operations Base, Gatineo, Zardugal; 1236
One had to see how huge Fulcher Base was to truly understand its importance to the Zardic national security equation. Every service branch was represented here, the intelligence services each had small offices here, and it was a combined army base, air field and port. With some 30,000 personnel operating under the command of the base, it was the largest single command in the country, both here and abroad. There were some 10,000 sailors and seamen who tended to the dockyards, the ships, keeping them supplied, repaired and supported. Some 12,000 soldiers from the Army and National Guard were also stationed here with a variety of light helicopter assets and armored units ranging from infantry carriers and fighting vehicles to tanks and heavy weapons. The Air Force (and air components of the National Guard) were also stationed here with some 8,000 airmen servicing dozens of aircraft ranging from long range transports to fighters to air recon. It was a massive undertaking and it was the focal nerve centre of Zardic military operations. While some effort had been made to move some assets farther south and to other areas, the Base was still one of Zardugal's military centres. Hit it and you could potentially cripple the national defense of the country.
They had their benefits here. They were always first to get the new equipment and today that's what was happening. Being shipped up from Skaraj, dozens of new F-30 fighters were arriving to replace the aging Z-21's (OOC: F-16's) which while still a reliable aircraft but far past their prime. Most of the older planes were now being slated for service in the National Guard, while others would be sold or gifted abroad to various nations looking for even a moderate upgrade of their aerial capabilities. It was a good sell, a cheap, well tested aircraft that could use minimal maintenance combined with future Zardic support. But now the Zardic Air Force was receiving perhaps the most fighter aircraft in Terra. The F-30 would form the backbone of Zardic air power and it was at least a generation ahead of what Vanuku was known to be working on regarding fighters.
And it was at the dockyard, as the F-30's were being unloaded that Seaman First Class Shaun Rivet noticed something wasn't quite right. This was his third time unloading a shipment of fighters and things just didn't seem right. Security was tighter than usual. Hummers with mounted .50 cal's patrolled the fence perimeter surrounding the dockyard while heavily armed security (in the form of CTA special agents, a rare sight on this base) kept watch. Given the unique way to get the fighters off the ship, SFC Rivet was part of the team was moved the planes onto a specially constructed alternate way onto the shore and then onto the runway and hanger area where the air crews were prepping the planes for final improvement.
It took about 3 hours to unload all the cargo...or so they thought. Security quickly rushed out all the other workers and SFC Rivet and his team were the only ones left. In an unmarked black uniform, a man from the CTA read off orders that this next aircraft they were to unload was to stay totally silent and classified and that it didn't officially exist. Quickly the crane began lifting up a new aircraft, covered tightly with a tarp, which obscured its shape and size. It was lowered onto the makeshift extension and just as it was being hooked up onto the truck for towing part of the tarp ripped and he caught a glimpse of the fighter.
"That's a Z-45!!" he thought to himself astounded, "That's not supposed to be ready for another year or two at least!! What's one doing here?"
He quickly hooked the tow on and soon the truck pulled the aircraft to its new hanger, not with the other craft but over by the Pit. That was were the FIA, ZCA, and SAU all had their outfits based. It was double fenced off and heavily guarded. What they were planning there was beyond him....

Photios-Walker Hotel, Belgae, Zardugal
This was one of the most prestigious hotels in Belgae. It was where top politicians and officials on the political circuit loved to mingle and chat over drinks. It played host to some of the most powerful individuals from across the spectrum. In finance, economy, government, military, entertainment and culture. It was also a centre for gossip of the town elite. And gossip attracted those who wanted that information for any reasons. It was one of these meetings that drew FPS Special Agent Adam Fusilio.
Special Agent Fusilio worked in the counter-terrorism wing of the FPS and thus closely worked with the various intelligence services. He was also a member of the ZPP (as are most members of the security services) and that was his primary reason for being here. The return to monarchy and Augustan Empire was proving difficult to manage and he was working to protect senior party leaders as the navigated these waters. An important and hush hush meeting of the Central Committee was going to takeplace here soon along with members of the civil services and security chiefs. If the Opposition found out about this meeting, it would cause immense turmoil.
Special Agent Fusilio led a 7 man team in securing room 894 on the 8th floor. A large stateroom which could accommodate the some 35 officials attending. He led 3 of his men to clear the room first, searching for bugs and security concerns. Two other men stood guard at the doors to the estate room while another positioned himself downstairs in the lobby and one more frequenting the elevator and stairs, soon to be joined by another when he was released from duty in the room. As the room started to fill up there was a sense of foreboding among the officials. Many worried of a leftist takeover and a more relaxed foreign and defense policy. Once again the military and security services would have to step in to assure order in the system. They had done so successfully nearly 25 years prior under the mad regimes of the New Liberals and the Gay League (derisively called the Faggot Conspiracy by some in the security services) and they were confident they could do so again.
PaleRider

Postby Maxington » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Port of Ispljuvak, Tokundi , Cobura, Office of the Harbormaster 1245
Harbormaster of Ispljuvak Port, James Hersham got back into his seat after just coming from his Lunch Hour. Not a fancy lunch today, just some dried up chicken and a juice box. The Port of Ispljuvak was constructed in 3745 to be a transfer hub. It was never used as a hub but instead as a place where drug dealers could smuggle in their illegal contraband. The Port was quieter than ever, the birds where not chirping not even the rumbling of a truck engine was heard. James Hersham saw it was a day to just relax. He couldn't care what boat came to dock at the Port. He just kicked back but his feet on his desk and close his eyes. He feel asleep for roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes before waking up to the crackling of the traffic on his Radio. He Laboriously reached for the radio, bringing it to his ears to try to understand what was being transmitted. Suddenly the silence was broken was ear bursting horns of a ship echoed throughout the Port.
James Hersham hates noise, at the age of 18 he was diagnosed with deafness in his Left Ear and he feared that the same could have happened to his right ear. The Traffic on his radio stopped as the horn from the ship stopped. On the other side of traffic between the Harbormaster and the unidentified ship was a male voice. James Hersham shouted into the Radio,"Unidentified Vessel, Identify yourself immediately!". The Crackling noises resumed as the Unknown Individual on the other side of the transmission spoke:"This is Captain James Klicken of the CNS-Egato, Requesting permission for my team to dock". James decided that he did not want to deny a Coburan Naval Vessel entry into the Port. He thought that if he didn't they might blow him up. "Harbormaster to CNS-Egato Echo Nine Eight, you have full permission to dock". It was strange why a Team of Coburan Naval Vessels would have wanted to dock at the Ispljuvak Port. He decided to go outside from his office and take a look at what was going on. He sent on his Emergency vest, clipping his Radio to his belt and taking up his filled with Documents of Entry. He opened the door and stepped out on the Staircase. He must struggle getting down these because James Hersham was not the tallest of people. He was the same size as a 16 year old girl. Hesham wasn't too proud of himself since most people would teeter him about his height. CNS-Egato stood proud as it was docked.
He was now dodging trucks and cranes as the Port had just magically came active. But when he looked at the faced of the men operating the equipment he noticed that it was not his staff but actually men wear official uniforms of the Coburan Navy. Captain Klicken stood at the helm of the busy port awaiting the arrival of the Harbormaster."Mornin' Habormaster, I hope you don't mind my operating your equipment?" Hersham Looked at all the containers which would being boarded onto a Cargo Ship which had been at the center of 4 Naval Vessels. This made it even stranger, he asked himself,"Why would a Cargo Ship be escorted by 4 Naval Vessels, and what might those container hold?" Hersham filled through his several documents on his clipboard which contained every Entry Statement and had a record of every Item in a Container, In the order of the Container's Number. A Truck came up behind the Harbormaster with the Livery "Coburan Port Authorities Commission : Deputy Harbormaster." Coming out from the vehicle was Deputy Harbormaster of the Port of Ispljuvak, Wallace Massy. "Boy-Boy!, Come help me sort out these papers here Boy-Boy!". Wallace Massy was a Tall, 31 year old man. People usually called him Boy-Boy because he was the youngest person in the Port. The both stood at the side of the van as they filled through the clipboard looking for the Entry Documents from the Navy. Their backs where turned to Captain Klicken, which he saw it as a opportunity to leave. All the Containers were loaded onto the Cargo ship. Captain Klicken slowly walked away and boarded the CNS-Egato as the crew boarded the other vessels.
Hersham and Wallace had just found the documents but when they turned around to read it to the Captain, the 4 Vessels and Cargo ship were already 10 miles out. Hersham stood there as he watched the Vessel leave. In this mind he was cursing like a sailor. Wallace Look the documents from Hersham as he read it out loud." 500 Tons of Sand, 10,000 Sand Bags, 50 APCs, 500 Tons of Cement, 100 Multipurpose Vehicles, 50 yards of razor wire, 17 Tanks and 12,000 tons in food stocks and the list would go and on. All the items were heading to a place on person would have never expected, Zardugal.Hersham and Wallace had no idea what these items where for. But one this was surging through Hersham's mind,"Could It be all the supplies to build a military base?"
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby PaleRider » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:09 am

Federal Intelligence Agency Headquarters, Belgae, Zardugal; 1019
The past several months had been a whirlwind of chaos and activity and the FIA was one of the agencies at the centre of the storm as they dealt with the mess. While the nation was focused on the immediate problem of how to actually go about dealing with the rebellion problem the FIA was already planning for the aftermath and what came after. Now that time was here and work was beginning on how these events would influence would the region. Already Jelbania, which was covertly engaged with the rebels (even attempting to buy the stolen nuclear material from the rebels) was feeling a strong blowback with renewed fighting and instability in the western part of the country. Fighters were now using the illegal migrant and smuggling networks to move back and forth across the border in conducting their operations which were now growing larger than committing terrorist acts for ideological gain. These new insurgent groups were rapidly merging with the transnational criminal networks and since they were initially aided and abetted by the Jelbanian Secret Department, they had at least some exposure to the workings of intelligence operations. Now the violence across the border was becoming a serious impediment to border security with the FBP and the ZINS working overtime to crackdown on illegal migrant networks, traffickers and now this new transnational security threat.
With the domestic security agencies taxed by the remaining insurgent cells, the President and NDSC had ordered the FIA to begin developing plans to take the fight on the offense. It was clear that Jelbanian militia and government forces would have a tough time reimposing order on the western part of the country. The mix of restless (and opportunist) local leaders, insurgent and criminal groups all awash with weapons made for a potent mixture. If Jelbania couldn't get the job done, the FIA could. There were already a few paramilitary teams were operating in northern Jelbania but that was only to work on keeping routes to Vanuku safe for future infiltration (only Agent Rainwater was left working in Vanuku and no one had heard from him since the violence started in Zardugal). Now there was to be a more robust action to combat crime at the source of it, not just dealing with Jelbanian incompetence. New SAU-FIA joint paramilitaries would go into Jelbania and begin working to take out the bases of the insurgent and criminal networks while infiltrating local and national Jelbek levels of authority to gain a better intelligence picture.
The big worry however was Vanuku. How would Vanuku react? The SSA had agents crawling all over Jelbania and it was assumed little happened without Wiel knowing about it. If Vanuku got wind of increased Zardic operations in Jelbania....what reaction would that bring? More challenges in the form of SSA competition? Or more of an effort to infiltrate Zardugal?
PaleRider

Postby Reddy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Grey Mansion, Baofluz, Jelbania 23:30

The Kalopian strode into the room with the easy dignified swag of a diplomat. The Beki haughtily remained seated, nodding ever so slightly as the Kalopian bowed ever so slightly to her. “Mr. Karamanlis,” the Beki began, “We have a proposal for you and your fellows. The Company could help us and we can help it in turn.” She would never say our name, everything foreign is shameful to these dung covered horse people. His curiosity got the better of him, “Honored Beki, but why does the Khanate not simply send in the Horde to straighten out the far west?” The Beki looked at him as if he had asked for what colour underwear she was wearing today. She surprised him however by answering, “The current situation is the Horde’s own fault. They burnt much of northern Nemawar sixty years ago to get the Zards out. If the Horde went there, the whole of Nemawar would rise up and maybe of all Turadrad too. The clan militia are too ill disciplined, all they know is looting as well. This is why we need you.”

A cue to name our terms... “Beki, the Company’s terms are very fair and straightforward. We would however require 50,000...” She took a sharp breath and interjected, “You cannot have 50,000 unless maybe we emptied out the prisons and the hospitals...’’
“Sorry Beki, high quality only. We would have to pick ourselves when we get there.”
“20,000.”
“40.”
“22.”
“32.”
“25.”
“Fine, deal”
“How many men will you send? I need this to be all done by the end of the year.”
“ We will send about 800 skilled hellraisers, they will pass through my lady’s own chiefdom to Nemahrne and start the grabbing from there. We also need safe passage back to the coast when we can load the product."

“It needs to be rough, fast and furious. Lots of blood and brutality. Those stupid serfs need to know that they need us and we need to break them. Kill or maim all who resist during the operation and no one will stop you. There will be others invited to the party - arsonist gangs, drug peddlers and such. When the idiot serfs are tired of the raids and crime, they will return to us on their knees. You then need to leave some of the men for the final stage. I’ll send you one of my point men, Gerold and a team of assistants to help you set everything up.” He was hardly surprised. Who would trust us to do anything on our own, all over Majatra, mothers say our name to scare their children.

“Ah, a delightful plan, my lady. This could be the first step to a long and beautiful friendship between the Khanate and the Company. We have even drafted a 25 year contract worth 2 billion LOD. The Khanate would provide just 10,000 highly quality products each year...”

“Absolutely not. No one can ever associate me with you. Never ever. As far as they are concerned, when I turn up at the head of my army a few months from now, I will rescue them from your vile slavers and be their heroine and goddess...again. I shall be the most virulently anti-Eilomax leader you have ever seen. Yet, time after time, should there be inconvenient people... I know your phone number now.”

Yep, she’s a bloody one alright. She could even rise in the Company, the Kalopian thought to himself as he walked out of the Grey Mansion to his car parked down the road.
Last edited by Reddy on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

PreviousNext

Return to Media