Holy Hosian Patriarchal Churches Council

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Holy Hosian Patriarchal Churches Council

Postby Pax » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Polites wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:OOC: Also, just to set the record straight, I was once a leader of the Theognosian Church org. I don't know when or why I was demoted to "full" membership, but I find it a bit rich to assume that without Antani Sfini this "doesn't happen."

I guess this isn't a productive post. But dang. Aquinas if you're reading I'm sure you remember the Super Mario Party... It was this type of crap. :)

I was also once a leader in the org, actually. I think there may have been an internal coup at play here.

OOC: As one of the original founders of the Theognosian Church, I must say that I am not too keen on this merger, especially since the TC was meant to be one of the unifying factors of the Canrillaise people and others with whom we share a history. Some type of change to the leadership did occur while I was inactive, but not sure what it means. I'm also not sure who exactly is negotiating for the TC since I only learned about the merger suddenly when our cultural protocols were up for debate.

Having said this, I'd be willing to give this union a try. I don't much care for the name, but I'll definitely continue to emphasize the Theognosian traditions in the Canrillaise countries.
Action Kanjorienne
Pax

Postby egalion » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 am

OOC: Finally things start to settle in a definite way.

Martinulus, what about the fact he was Nuntio in Egelion? Maybe because he spoke egelonian well because he had some ties/ancestors in Egelion? This would make his election welcome in Egelion, the most SPC and Hosian country of all. This would also give him, a Theognosian, an ecumenical background and a histoy of collaboration with the ex-SPC. best candidate ever.
It's just an idea, but the Church in Egelion (IC the country and OOC myself) has started and invested a lot in this council, and it would be sad if there was no trace of it at all in the end.
Cognoscetis Veritatem Et Veritas Liberabit Vos
egalion

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:33 am

OOC: I have been the leader of the various churches at different times, now I am not. Generally, I am apathetic about the merger. I will support it if the consensus goes that way or reject it if that is more popular.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Aquinas » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:13 am

OOC: Following the merger, I suppose some sort of decision should be made about the future of the TC and SPC party organisations. It should probably be made clear they're no longer operating. Maybe either copy any important information/discussions from them then delete them, or just put a note on their descriptions saying they are no longer functioning...
Aquinas

Postby Martinulus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:44 am

Here's my final draft of Gaudent Pii Omnes. Since we're all agreed on everything I think it's time to wrap things up with a news post.

Gaudent Pii Omnes
(All the Faithful rejoice)

Apostolic Constitution on the Restoration of the Holy Apostolic Hosian Church of Terra
As decreed by the Fathers of the Second Ecumenical Council of Auroria.

1. ALL THE FAITHFUL REJOICE in the Name of God and Spirit at the reunification of Our Lord Eliyahu Hosios the Spirit's body on Terra. Guided by God's Holy Light in the spirit of unity, the Sacrosanct Fathers of the Holy Apostolic Church assembled in Ecumenical Council at the City of Auroria send joyful GREETING in unity to all the Bishops, Priests and Religious Orders and to all Hosians of the good and true Ecumenical Patriarchal Faith in the One, Holy, Apostolic and Ecumenical Church. We bring joyful good tidings that the great work of Salvation has today been furthered in the refound unity of God's Faithful on Earth, the true Church constituted at this City by the First Ecumenical Council, the body of the Faithful to which the Spirit of God gives light and life and breath.

2. We profess alongside the Holy Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council held in this city: "WE BELIEVE IN ONE GOD, Almighty Father to us All, the Creator of Caelum and Terra, All that is Visible and Invisible, and in One Lord, Elijah Hosios, Pure and Holy Spirit of God." As there is but One God, One Lord, so we declare the Community of the Faithful to be One Holy, Apostolic and Ecumenical Church. For as the Holy Apostle Thomas wrote in his first letter to the Selucians: "As it is with your body, which is given life by your spirit, should it not be so with the body of the Spirit, to which that Spirit alone gives life?" We call all Hosian Faithful of good will to rejoin the Communion of Auroria, the perfect and undivided body of the Spirit.

Of the Theognosian and Selucian Churches
(Containing the official history of the Church according to the Council)

(OOC Note: This is of course a bit of historical revisionism. Basically I had the Council Fathers claim that the authority the TPC and TC claimed from St. Michael was only in preparation for a return of that See to Auroria. I think this is necessary to explain why there were two valid Arch-Patriarchs. Justus III and Pius II are named as special agents of the Church's reunification and declared Patron Saints of Hosian unity, with a joint feast in their honour to remember the Second Aurorian Council.)

3. The body of the Holy Apostolic Church, having been broken in the year of Our Lord Elijah Hosios 1819 by the agency of the faithless Pagans like the body of Our Lord was broken for our redemption in Hell, remained yet united in the Spirit after this came to pass. The true Apostolic Succession and the Holy Sacrifices continued alongside the orthodox and ecumenical Hosian faith, through the brave martyrs and saints in Selucia and its Provinces and through the ancient Augustan Church elsewhere. Like the Apostles scattered after the Deseration and their capture by the High Priests, so did the flock disperse into multiple flocks, waiting for the day that it would be reunited in communion once again.

4. As there were multiple flocks, it was necessary though imperfect for there to be multiple shepherds. In preparation for this reunion and wishing to maintain the orthodox and ecumenical faith in the mandate given to St. Michael Vigilius, the Faithful in Deltaria mandated the See of Çachtiche, which traces its Apostolic Succession back to St. John, Apostolic Father and disciple of St. Michael Vigilius himself, to continue the Vigiliate until such a time as the Communion with the See of Auroria, the ancient See of St. Michael, could be restored. We acknowledge that this was at the time a necessary and praiseworthy course of action.

5. Yet divided, the flock risks losing its strength against the corruption of the world. The crimes committed against Arch-Patriarch Saint Pius II, the second Michaelan successor in Çachtiche, by his vengeful and sinful successor the Anti-Patriarch Innocent I, are testament to the imperfection of the Deltarian Communion. The true Holy Apostolic Church continued thereafter in Canrille with the Bishops of Saints. The godless ways of the Deltarian Church, during which they have forsaken those words of the Creed that profess "WE BELIEVE IN ONE GOD" in favour of their Pagan Gods, remain to date a bleeding wound in the heart of Our Holy Church and a mortal sin against God and Spirit.

6. As the Deltarian Church fell to heresy and faithlessness, so did the Theognosian Church show Divine Grace in leading the Faithful back to the orthodox and ecumenical faith. Its faith and orthodoxy are testament to the true continuation of Michaelan Succession in its Archipatriarchate at Ville-des-Saints, and in the inexorable progress it has made in eliminating from the faith all heterodoxy and error, towards rejoining in the One True Apostolic and Ecumenical Church we today proclaim restored with joy.

7. So did the Selucian Church, emerging from persecution and martyrdom as according to the Lord's great benediction, "blessed those who are persecuted for My sake, for they shall exult before the Throne of the Highest" (Theodore), continue to the Glory of God and Spirit. Communion with Auroria was restored in several Provinces, and we gratefully remember the deeds of Arch-Patriarch Saint Justus III, the Great Arch-Patriarch, whose teachings in In Caelo Ecclesia we reaffirm and declare to be essential to the unity of the Church.

8. We thus declare the Saints Justus III and Pius II to be special patrons of Hosian unity, and beg their intercession with Our Lord Elijah Hosios for the continued unity of the Church that by their actions they helped shepherd back to unity and orthodoxy. And we do enjoin that this day may be observed as a Holy Day of Obligation by all the Faithful as the Feast of Saints Pius II and Justus III, Arch-Patriarchs, in thanksgiving for the Unity of the Church.

9. We hold that although the Michaelan Succession was continuing strongly in Selucia, its suceptibility to persecution was a mark of its imperfection without the unity of the flock just as much as the Deltarian fall from the faith was so for the Succession that continued through the Augustan Church. Only in the unity of the Church under an Ecumenical Arch-Patriarch as the Successor of St. Michael Vigilius in the See of Auroria is the most perfect Vigiliate to be found.

10. Now as the Spirit sent the Light of God to unite and lead his Faithful, we too have been called by Him who is our Eternal High Priest and Saviour in Hiding "to live and hear His Annunciation in the Community of the Pious, One Holy Apostolic and Ecumenical Church" once more. Let him be anathema who declares that it should not be so as we have declared here today at Auroria, and as it has been declared at Auroria by the Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council. We declare the Theognosian and Selucian Churches dissolved and permanently re-joined to the one Body, the perfect Body that has been given life by the Spirit, in perpetuity, never to be broken again.

11. So do we, from this day, with St. Michael Vigilius, under the Vigiliate of his one successor, the Bishop of Auroria, watch for the Light to come, the perfect Light of the True Revelation of Our Lord and Saviour in Hiding. Let us pray to the Highest Lord, our God, that He may speed his coming in Glory and deliver us. Amen. Come, Spirit of God.

Of the orthodox Hosian faith and tradition

12. And so let us pray also to speed the return of all the Faithful in ecclesial communities and local churches outside of the Mother Church to full Communion with the Ecumenical Mother Church and the See of St. Michael. Let us reaffirm that spirit of brotherhood among all faithful Hosians in and outside the Church and out of brotherly love guide them back to the full and perfect Communion that is the Mother Church.

13. We reaffirm that there is no Hosianism as pure and good as the Ecumenical Patriarchal Faith that consists of unity with the Body of the Spirit. The Sacred Tradition of the Church and the Annunciation of Our Lord in the First and New Words form the rock on which the orthodox Hosian faith is built. All that deny the Annunciation are infidels; all that deny the Traditions that have been handed down through the Ages we denounce as heretics. We denounce the Eudemian and Ordian heresies that still refuse to accept the Creed of the Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council of Auroria, denying that God is the Spirit and yet God is not the Spirit.

14. With the restoration of the One True Apostolic and Ecumenical Church, we also denounce those who following the Luthoran Abjuration have heretically denied the True Presence of Our Lord in the Holy Revelation; but likewise, we extend our hands in brotherhood to those within the Luthoran churches who have maintained the Apostolic Succession and acknowledge the True Presence, enjoining them to return to the Ecumenical and Patriarchal Faith and, according to In Caelo Ecclesia, subsist in a state of schism rather than heresy.

15. Even so, as Our Lord has taught us to forgive, we should forgive those led astray by these heresies and extend our hands to them out of brotherly love, that by dialogue we may salvage what is good in their Hosian faith, while righting the path to their Salvation from which they have been led astray. We acknowledge them as brother Hosians who profess the Ecumenical Creeds, even only the Creed of the Hosioi, and it should be the duty of all the Faithful to give to them that brotherly love they are due to all men, and lead them to the more perfect Hosianism that is the Ecumenical Patriarchal Faith.

16. We condemn as infidels the Deltarian sect that falsely claims to be a Hosian Church but has forsaken the Annunciation and the Aurorian Creed in favour of the idolatrous worship of Pagan Gods. We reaffirm that their pseudo-sacrifices are void without Hosian faith, and have been since the Anti-Patriarch Innocent I's day. Their souls, which surely have been led astray by the Anti-Hosios, shall be condemned to hell for their continued debasement and sacrilegious mockery of the one true Faith in Our Lord Elijah Hosios. May the Lord have mercy on their mortally sinful souls.

Of the Archipatriarchate and the Apostolic Succession

(OOC: Changed somewhat. Michael was never declared the "Rock" of the Church. Instead he was declared Elijah's "Watcher", hence the titulary "Supreme Watcher" and the epithet "Michael Vigilius", which is analogous to "Simon Peter")

17. When Eliyahu instituted the Apostles at the head of which he placed St Michael Vigilius, chosen from among them. Just as by the Lord's institution, St. Michael and the rest of the apostles constitute a single apostolic college, so in like fashion the Aurorian Arch-Patriarch, Michel's successor, and the Bishops, the successors of the apostles, are related with and united to one another.

18. The Lord made Michael alone the "Watcher" of his Church when he said unto him: "Watch with faith, Michael, for thou art My Watcher. Protect my sheep and protect my lambs, watch over them as thou watchest for Me. For I shall give thee the Keys of Heaven." (Theodore). He gave him the keys of his Church and instituted him shepherd of the whole flock, "to watch for Me at the darkest hour as thou hast watched for the dawn." (Thomas). This pastoral office of Michael and the other apostles belongs to the Church's very foundation and is continued by the bishops under the primacy of the Arch-Patriarch.

19. The Arch-Patriarch, Bishop of Auroria and Michael's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful."

20. The college or body of bishops has no authority unless united with the Arch-Patriarch, Michael's successor, as its head." As such, this college has "supreme and full authority over the universal Church; but this power cannot be exercised without the agreement of the Aurorian Arch-Patriarch."

(OOC: the following canon was also changed, as the Arch-Patriarch cannot without compromising the entire sacrificial theology of the Church declare Holy Vocation to be invalid if the rite was validly performed. A Bishop, once consecrated, remains a Bishop even if the Arch-Patriarch has not approved, but it will have been against canon law that he was consecrated)

21. There exists alongside the Sacrificial authority to act in locus Spiriti a ministerial authority of the Episcopate. The bishops are appointed to this ministry by the Arch-Patriarch, and no bishop will have ministerial authority unless appointed by the Arch-Patriarch. No Bishop shall receive Holy Vocation to the Episcopate without the consent of the Arch-Patriarch except in case of grave spiritual need where such consent may be deferred, to be presented to the Arch-Patriarch as soon as possible. Any Bishop participating in a Holy Vocation to the Episcopate without the approval of the Arch-Patriarch shall be deemed to have been excommunicated latae sententiae. The Arch-Patriarch has the faculty of revoking the episcopal ministry at any time.

22. Particular Churches inside the Mother Church are given the status of Patriarchates. The bishops of these churches are selected and appointed to the episcopal ministry by the Patriarch, after the approval of the Arch-Patriarch. The Patriarch is elected by guidance of the Spirit by the bishops of the Patriarchate according to their particular laws and customs, but needs to be appointed and approved by the Arch-Patriarch. Unapproved bishops and Patriarchs are in full schism with the Church and anyone participating in their Holy Vocation outside the Archipatriarchal authority shall have been excommunicated latae sententiae.

23. As the Spirit of God appointed Michael, so shall He guide the appointment of his successors, following the example of the Apostles and Church Fathers in electing with divine guidance their Apostolic Successors. The Arch-Patriarch is elected by the holy Assembly of Cardinals. The elections are conducted in conclave and each candidate has to obtain 2/3rd of the votes. Any priest of the Church can be elected (OOC: Shouldn't this be any faithful male Hosian?).

24. The Arch-Patriarch appoints Cardinals in the Empyrean Temple, assigning to them a titular Church in Auroria in one of the three Cardinal orders. Every priest can become a Cardinal. Patriarchs are automatically Cardinals.

25. The Arch-Patriarch shall by ancient custom reserve the right to dress in white and gold. Cardinals shall dress in red. Patriarchs can dress in gold. Bishops can dress in purple and priests in black. The proper vestments to the rite of each liturgy, alongside their liturgical colours, are to be maintained during the celebration of the Holy Sacrifices and in particular the Most Holy Sacrifice of Gratitude.

26. As it was during the days of the Apostolic Church, the language of the See of St. Michael shall be Selucian. Patriarchs and Bishops are free to adopt the language of their rite and culture, but we enjoin and encourage that official documents be written in Selucian.

Of the Rites and Liturgy of the Sacrifices

27. We declare to be equally valid the Theognosian, Selucian, Augustan and other such rites as have historically developed, so long as they conform to the proper understanding of the Holy Sacrifices. Each bishop and priest may say the liturgy in the rite he may choose. Every dioceses shall have an official rite, but other rites can coexist within it.

28. The Convocation for the Divine Liturgy of the Sacrifices is hereby enjoined to, with the full approval of the Arch-Patriarch, revise the rites in order to, with respect to the historical distinctiveness and integrity of each rite, ensure the efficacious administration of the Sacrifices. In appointing the Convocation, we beg the Arch-Patriarch to include as an expert on each rite a member of the ministerial priesthood who habitually celebrates according to that particular rite.

Concluding remarks and prayers

29. So do we now repeat the Holy Word of God, in man incarnate, in his commission of the Church: "Go forth then, that you and all peoples may live and hear My Annunciation; and baptise them all in the name of God and Spirit." It is this divine mission that is the destiny of the Church, and we rejoice at its renewal, praying that the Light of God may be a beacon to the path of the Church and its Faithful.

30. And we do reaffirm with the Hosioi the Ecumenical Creed: "I believe in One God, almighty father, who created Heaven and Earth/ And in Our Lord Eliyahu Hosios, the Spirit of God, who is our saviour / Begotten of God, in man incarnate through the Virgin Sarahae, / Who was banished to the desert by vengeful man and prayed for forty days, / Willingly accepted exile in hell to bear our sins, / Who by his suffering redeemed us, and returned triumphant on the third day, / And went into Hiding in Heaven, until the day of our Salvation, / When He shall return in His glory to judge living and dead, / I believe in God's light, sent of the Spirit to guide us, / the Community of the Faithful, the Holy Church, / in one baptism, in the remission of sins, / and life eternal. Amen."

(OOC: The next article already uses the retconned Aurorian Creed (see the OOC discussion thread for the rationale behind it). This does not constitute a change or update to the Creed ICly at the current time but OOCly alters the way the First Council adopted it to reflect the binitarian doctrine better. In other words: the retconned Creed is the Creed as it always was.)

31. And likewise do we reaffirm the Ecumenical Creed of the Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council of Auroria: "We believe in one God, Almighty Father to Us All, / Who created Terra and Caelum, all that is visible and invisible. / And we believe in one Lord, Eliyahu Hosios, / Pure and Holy Spirit of God, / Proceeding from God before all ages, / Not created, but Himself the Creator, / Not born, but Himself the Father of All, / Not begun, but Himself the Beginning, / Who is in God and of God and from God, / In His whole Substance like unto God, / Announced through prophesy, / Holy Word of God, / through the virgin Sarahea in man incarnate, / Who is light to our world, / True servant of the one true God, / Who called us, the Pious, to follow His word, / And was exiled to the desert by vengeful man, / Who, persecuted even in exile, / Strengthened His resolve, and did His duty, / Even in the face of death. / For forty days did He pray in His despair, / And then ascended into heaven. / And on the third day He did descend willingly to hell to bear our sins. / Returned triumphant, then disappeared into Hiding, / According to scripture. / Who, with divine Grace, / Sent to us the Light of God, / Which illuminated His Word to the prophets of old, / To remain with us to light the way, / And give us strength to believe, / In memory of those who came before, / We believe that he has life eternal, / And that at the end of times, / He shall return to judge living and dead, / To be Saviour of Terra, / And that His Kingdom shall continue, / In time and eternity. / Until such a time, we hold true to His teachings, / Hear and live His Annunciation, / In the Community of the Pious, / One holy, apostolic and ecumenical Church, / We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins, / In the hope that we shall live again, / In life eternal. / Amen."

32. These two Ecumenical Creeds form the beginning of the Sacred Tradition of the Church. Their profession we declare to be necessary to obtain the fullness of the Hosian Faith, alongside the Sacred Tradition. We declare them to be the rock of Faith on which the Church is built, and we declare them to be, like the moments of their institution, beacons given of God's Holy Light to return the Faithful to the One Holy Apostolic and Ecumenical Church, as they have at the beginning of this Council inspired us to this joyful reunion.

33. So let us pray now to the Almighty, Eternal, Living God: send now Thy Holy Light, hasten the reunion of Thy people on Terra. Let this Church we have today rebuilt once more stand as a Rock and a Beacon to all who watch for the dawn, the true Revelation of our Lord and Saviour in Hiding, who is alive and reigns with Thee, God, in glory, life and light everlasting.

34. May Saints Pius II and Justus III and all the Saints intercede on our behalf with the Lord to bless this Church with unity and strength and holiness and truth.

35. With all the Saints and Angels in heaven, with Blessed Sarahea Ever Virgin, with the Holy Apostles Michael and Thomas and all the Hosioi, we praise and glorify God Almighty and the Spirit who is Saviour.

36. Gloria! Gloria domino deo nostro, Deus et Spiritus, qui per omnes dies gratiamus, laudamus et benedicamus, nunc et semper et in saeculo saeculorum.

37. In Lumine Dei, Amen.

38. In Nomine Dei et Spiritu, Amen.

GIVEN by the Fathers of the Holy Apostolic Church assembled in the Second Ecumenical Council of Auroria, in the Year of Our Lord Eliyahu Hosios Three Thousand Eight Hundred and Seventy-Six.

RATIFIED by the hand of the Arch-Patriarch:

JUSTUS XI ARCHIP.
Last edited by Martinulus on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Martinulus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:06 am

(OOC: Hope this isn't premature)

Theognosian and Selucian Churches unite after historic Second Council of Auroria

The Fathers of the Second Ecumenical Council celebrate the reunion of the Churches at Holy Revelation concelebrated by the Selucian and Theognosian Arch-Patriarchs, who will abdicate to allow a Conclave to elect a new successor.

Empyrean City, Auroria, Selucia - Following years of intermittent negotiations, the leaders of two of the largest Hosian denominations in Terra, the Selucian Patriarchal Church and the Theognosian Church, have reconciled their differences and reunited to form a single Church which they proclaim to be the restoration of the medieval Holy Apostolic Hosian Church of Terra, mother of all Western Hosian denominations, but which observers have started referring to as the "Aurorian Patriarchal Church" or "Ecumenical Patriarchal Church" to distinguish it from the rival claimant Terran Patriarchal Church. In a new Apostolic Constitution promulgated by the Council, titled Gaudent Pii Omnes, the Fathers of the Council declare the reunion of the two Churches "in perpetuity", reconciling rival claims to the Arch-Patriarchate and succession and re-establishing a new united Arch-Patriarchate with its See at Auroria.

The new Church stands to become a diverse and globe-spanning religion with almost a billion adherents throughout Terra, by far the largest religion in the world. It is seen by the official ecclesiology laid down by the Council as the conclusion of a process of gradual but inexorable progress towards reunion. Indeed, many observers have noted how much alike the Selucian and Theognosian Churches had become doctrinally over the centuries. Nevertheless, the cultural and liturgical traditions of the two Churches do vary, and as the doctrines of the new Church take shape under its first leadership, no doubt the new Arch-Patriarch that is to be elected will have to be someone who can unite the two communities affectively as well as theologically. At times, small issues of names and titles have held up the Council and it is expected that more such problems will have to be resolved in the years ahead.

Nevertheless, faithful Hosians across the globe have rejoiced at the reunion of the Council which, as it steadily progressed, has rekindled the faith of many in Patriarchal nations across the globe, not least Selucia, where Hosians united politically to fight what they view as a Pagan ascendancy. In Egelion, a nation credited by many for its staunch support for the cause of reunion, great crowds have flocked to the Cathedrals to give thanks.

The Bishops are set to leave Auroria following the Council's concluding services, but the combined College of Cardinals of the Church will remain to go into conclave to elect the first Arch-Patriarch to lead the new Church.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Previous

Return to World Events