Holy Hosian Patriarchal Churches Council

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Holy Hosian Patriarchal Churches Council

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:05 pm

OOC: Just to clarify, are you guys all okay with me deleting the following party organisations?...

Aurorian Patriarchal Church
Holy Apostolic Hosian Church of Terra
Aquinas

Postby Antani Sfini » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:34 am

polites wrtote:
This has been going on for a while now, so I think we can wrap this up. Is everyone ok with the above suggestions? Namely, a former Theognosian Kalopian Arch-Patriarch from the Augustan Church controlled by Martin, a new party organization called "Ecumenical Patriarchal Church" (while deleting the other two), and leaving the wiki page under the current name.

aquinas wrote:
Just to clarify, are you guys all okay with me deleting the following party organisations?...

I'm ok with this:

1. delete the two organizations;
2. create a new party organization called "Ecumenical Patriarchal Church";
3. elect a former Theognosian Kalopian Arch-Patriarch from the Augustan Church
Antani Sfini

Postby Polites » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Antani Sfini wrote:
polites wrtote:
This has been going on for a while now, so I think we can wrap this up. Is everyone ok with the above suggestions? Namely, a former Theognosian Kalopian Arch-Patriarch from the Augustan Church controlled by Martin, a new party organization called "Ecumenical Patriarchal Church" (while deleting the other two), and leaving the wiki page under the current name.

aquinas wrote:
Just to clarify, are you guys all okay with me deleting the following party organisations?...

I'm ok with this:

1. delete the two organizations;
2. create a new party organization called "Ecumenical Patriarchal Church";
3. elect a former Theognosian Kalopian Arch-Patriarch from the Augustan Church

Is everyone else ok with this? I want us all to be sure about the organization thing before we have yet another organization on our hands.
Polites

Postby Kubrick » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:12 pm

I will agree once everyone agrees, to settle it.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:20 pm

In case I matter still: sure, I'm in agreement.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Kubrick » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:05 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:In case I matter still: sure, I'm in agreement.

Well.. It's almost too easy but..

No, you don't really matter, Zanz.

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Kubrick wrote:

:'(

Can I just say though, since I feel a need to be somewhat constructive: I understand this stuff is really cool and great and well developed, but I also think we risk estranging players newer to Hosianism when we get very technical with documents/etc. like some of us tend to do, sometimes. Just need to be careful to make this stuff accessible and understandable to someone who's totally new, since none of us will be here forever and it'll likely just get retconned if we make it too arcane.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Kubrick » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:55 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:
Kubrick wrote:

Can I just say though, since I feel a need to be somewhat constructive: I understand this stuff is really cool and great and well developed, but I also think we risk estranging players newer to Hosianism when we get very technical with documents/etc. like some of us tend to do, sometimes. Just need to be careful to make this stuff accessible and understandable to someone who's totally new, since none of us will be here forever and it'll likely just get retconned if we make it too arcane.

Yes, exactly this. My personal concern is that we are over complicating this because someone is too proud to accept "Aurorian Patriarchal Church", now we've gone through four names in the past week in this thread alone.

It took me weeks to understand Hosianism in Particracy because it was so confusing. Now we still end up with several names for the same Church, since Vanuku's CP's have already been ratified with 'Aurorian Patriarchal Church' in it while we seem to be settling for Ecumenical now.

Whatever it becomes, we at least need to add a clear list with the RL equivalents of the Churches, that is the only way it can become attainable for newer or confused players.

Kubrick

Postby Polites » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:08 pm

OOC: Could we get the thoughts of anyone else from the Theognosian side on this? It seems to me that Kanjora, the other person with leadership in the TC org, is in favour of the Church being known as "Aurorian Patriarchal Church" (see here), so really, the APC name does not imply an anti-Theognosian stance. If there is literally only one person who prefers another name, then screw it, I see no reason for us to cause confusion for the sake of a needless compromise.
Polites

Postby egalion » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:45 am

OOC: I support Polites. Out of at least a dozen people discussing, there is only one person in disagreement.
Cognoscetis Veritatem Et Veritas Liberabit Vos
egalion

PreviousNext

Return to World Events