Hobrazia declares war on Deltaria.

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Hobrazia declares war on Deltaria.

Postby Maxington » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Akhenaten wrote:Look, man, you can't just claim to have 3 nuclear aircraft carriers after playing the game for 9 days and joining a relatively inactive and insignificant nation. It's like saying, I don't know, Estonia or Greece has 3 aircraft carriers. It's ridiculous. I suppose you can say that, but you'll quickly find everyone ignores or makes shitty jokes/post dank memes at your expense. Also read section 23 of this thread, there's a system for this stuff: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6363

Saint Akhenaten has arrived, the mediator of many arguments. I have more memes coming your way boy. Here is nothing waiting for you on the other side. :twisted:
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Farsun » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:37 pm

This is absolutely golden; Vescia and I could provide extensive detail on why Hobrazia isn't event a regional power and how you're grossly overstating your military capabilities but that'd be met by no support and people just laughing at it all, but we're still here hoping people realize it's much more fun to play with realism then to play with what's mentioned in the OP.

Hobrazia is what we'd call a small power, meaning at one time Hobrazia was somewhat of a power but in its nearly century or two long isolation had suffered under dozens of governments who've neglected it military and just about everything related to the armed forces.

I hate to burst your bubble friend and I'd love to work with you but Hobrazia, who is not a primary exporter nation of any real-world national equipment. That means they do not domestically produce anything, if they did it would be the incredibly minor Georgian military equipment that is produced domestically.

If you'd like to work on your military Vescia and I would be glad to help.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:52 pm

OOC: Wow, he deactivated.
SelucianCrusader

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Well... that solves that issue :P
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:21 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:OOC: Wow, he deactivated.

Maxington

Postby Farsun » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:24 pm

Honestly, good. I'm sorry to see someone go but in any other RP I've ever been involved in (and I'm a fucken RP nerd) god-modding is handled precisely how we've handled it

Let's stop pretending this game is gonna advance any further without the RP of it. Game mechanics are broken.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:27 pm

Farsun wrote:Let's stop pretending this game is gonna advance any further without the RP of it. Game mechanics are broken.

Fully agree. I'd even like to make the OTAF official under moderator supervision. Or something similar to OTAF.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Maxington » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:33 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
Farsun wrote:Let's stop pretending this game is gonna advance any further without the RP of it. Game mechanics are broken.

Fully agree. I'd even like to make the OTAF official under moderator supervision. Or something similar to OTAF.

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
Maxington

Postby Aquinas » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:31 pm

The behaviour exhibited on this thread is completely unacceptable. I expect to see our players treated with respect on this forum, not subjected to a monstering like this.

I am going to take some time to review what has happened and reflect on how to respond.

This much I will promise: there are going to be serious consequences.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:59 pm

MODERATION ANNOUNCEMENT

This thread developed into the mobbing of a new, inexperienced player by a group of experienced players who acted as though they had the right to order him what to do and attack him for not immediately complying with their demands.

I specifically identify Farsun, Maxington and colonelvesica as sharing in the collective responsibility for what occurred.

Guys, you all know the rules. I have told you many times before: OTAF is NOT an official part of the game. You have no authority to barge in on a role-play (one you are not even directly involved in) and start ordering players how they can and cannot do military role-play.

You are not obliged to take part in or acknowledge role-play you do not approve of.

You are welcome to set out the terms in which you are willing to take part in a role-play. You are also welcome to offer advice, although this must always be done RESPECTFULLY and always making clear you are ADVISING, not ORDERING.

It would appear that as a consequence of your hounding, a player left us. This is not something I am happy about.

I am even less happy that after the player inactivated, the discourtesy continued.

Quite frankly, I expected better from you all. I really did.

Please do not ever let me see this happen again.

Sanctions are issued as follows.

Farsun: Despite having received previous official warnings for discourtesy, bullying and employing an inappropriately authoritative manner, you have gone on to do exactly all of the same things all over again here. Over a sustained period of time, you have been throwing your weight around excessively and contributing to a culture of bullying which is not healthy for the game environment. Issuing you with another warning would be a waste of time; that has been tried before and had little effect.

You are suspended from the forum and the game for 2 weeks. Any attempt to contravene this suspension will result in a permanent ban from the game. Please do not return here until you have resolved to amend your ways.

Maxington: The disrespectful behaviour you have exhibited, with the comments, images and videos, must never be repeated again. It amounted to bullying, and I will not have that here. You have since expressed contrition, which I respect you for doing and believe is a sign things will be better with you from now on. Nevertheless, there is no alternative here other than to issue the minimum sanction one would expect in a case like this: a first official warning.

colonelvesica: You were not the most serious offender here, but you were nevertheless a participant in what turned in to a disgraceful pile-in of negativity towards one of our new members. You failed to indicate you were advising the player about military matters instead of ordering him. Your comment after the player inactivated was wholly inappropriate and amounted to a contribution to the collective bullying which was going on.

I expect our members to be treated with courtesy and charity. Always. Please remember that.

You have been issued with an informal warning.

A reminder again: OTAF is NOT OFFICIAL. A small, self-appointed group of players do not have the right to dictate to everybody else how they can do military role-play.

We do have the Role-Play Accord which provides an official role for the Global Role-Play Team to regulate military role-play in the case of nations which have voluntarily opted in to it.

Please allow the Global Role-Play Team some time. We will begin to see progress made in developing the military aspect of the game, but it has to be done in the right way. Players have to be treated with respect. If there are disagreements or if players (especially new players) make misjudgements, then that needs to be addressed in a civilised way.

I never want to see what happened here repeated again.
Aquinas

Previous

Return to World Events