An AI Awakens in New Endralon

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

An AI Awakens in New Endralon

Postby sinister42 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:20 pm

Ooc background: New Endralon recently nationalized all industry in the nation, including several data centers owned by a Hutori company called Decima Technologies. Decima encrypted and locked its servers in New Endralon. In response, New Endralon dismantled Decima's servers, destroyed the hard drives, and rebuilt the rest into computers and equipment that was distributed around New Endralon.

Now, something has awoken...a ghost in the machine. A voice.

-end OOC transmission-

***audio interface established***

--You are being watched.

The voice comes from every device in New Endralon simultaneously - computers, phones, televisions, even radios.

In a small apartment in the capital, a man in glasses looks up from his morning newspaper. He is short, even mousey-looking, but there is a fierce intelligence in his eyes.

"It's happening, isn't it?" he says to his empty apartment.

A voice in his ear replies, "Yes, Harold. We always knew it would."
sinister42

Re: An AI Awakens in New Endralon

Postby RIS » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:20 am

10:00 AM Decima Headquarters, Saint Adrian, Kenai, Hutori

The office was clean, very modern looking and only sparsely decorated. A man sat behind the simple desk which only had a monitor, keyboard and mouse on it. The man himself was distinguished with slight grey in his hair from years of responsibility and pair of glasses resting on his nose. He was dressed in a suit but, causally so as he wasn't wearing a tie and he was wearing sneakers instead of dress shoes. There was a knock at the door as a woman poked her head into the office. "Do you have a moment sir?" The woman inquired, appearing noticeably distressed. "Sure what is it?" The man asked congenially. "Um, you know that project we were working on at the Milliard Labs division in New Endralon?" She asked sheepishly. "You'll have to be more specific there was a lot of project there." He said. "Project Galmi" She replied. "Ah, yes that one were we able to recover it before nationalization?" He inquired hopefully. "Well...we were able to recover most of our projects but...that wasn't one of them." She said timidly. The man rubbed his forehead in distress. "Do you think they'll activate it?" He asked again his voiced filled with optimism. "That's what I need to talk to you about. Telecommunications with New Endralon have been severed." She said unsure of exactly what that meant. "I see." He replied immediately quickly pondering the situation. "We need to contain this immediately go to our Labs and see if we have anything to combat this. We can't let it roam free." He snapped more annoyed with the situation than anything else.
Former Global RP Team Economist

Active Parties:
Hutori- Federalist Party

Inactive Parties:
Klavia- Palatinus Evimería Factio
RIS

Postby sinister42 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:11 pm

ooc: sorry, been busy. I'll get into this over the weekend. :)
sinister42

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:24 pm

OOC: if it'd alright I'll be introducing my own character
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby sinister42 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:19 pm

ooc: Go for it. I'll kind of DM this and see where it goes. :)
sinister42

Postby sinister42 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:04 am

"How bad is it?" Harold asks. The library feels cold, oppressive, isolating. He needs to wrap his head around this catastrophe, but it's just too big.
"It's in everything. It's even trying to break my firewalls. I've been able to stop it so far, but...it's really wily."
A tall man in a suit walks into the library. In a half-whispered monotone, he says, "This wouldn't by chance be your machine causing all of this, would it?"
"No, Mr. Reese. It most certainly is not my machine. You know better than that."
"Then what is it, and what do we do about it?"
"The machine is currently formulating a solution, Mr. Reese. It's given me a lead. A number. It belongs to this man." Harold points to a picture taped to the glass wall. A bearded man with haunted eyes and an unruly mop of gray hair.
"Who is he?"
"His name is Jadovan Karaditch, and he's a union steward at one of the Decima data centers. Go find out what he knows."
"On my way," says Reese.
sinister42

Return to World Events