Baltusian Communist Uprising and Civil War

Major internal and international armed conflicts including armed uprisings, civil wars and multi-state conflicts.

Baltusian Communist Uprising and Civil War

Postby matthewleitch » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Outbreak of uprising by communist paramilitaries and protestors after right wing bills proposed in congress

4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Re: Baltusian Communist Uprising and Civil War

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Home Secretary seeks emergency powers

Home Secretary Bathsheba Grey has condemned the paramilitary style attacks throughout Baltusia.

She said: "We live in a democracy but if supporters of left wing parties feel they have need to violently protest because they disagree with decisions made in congress, then we must enhance security. I have approached the preident to see what level of emergency powers are needed. I will also ask local governors to bring in curfews where necessary and cancel leave for their police forces."
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby sinister42 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:32 pm

President of New Endralon Denies Reports of New Endralonian Paramilitary Involvement in Baltusian Communist Uprising

"That's absurd," said President Dragoslav Bus. "The reactionary capitalist press really likes to blow stuff out of proportion. All I know is that there were maybe a few hundred exchange students that have flown to Baltusia over the past couple of months, but I don't know any of the details beyond that. Excuse me, I have to take this." He then took a phone call and ended the press conference prematurely.

ooc: Ok if I stick my communist nose into this? I can PM you some details about the shenanigans that my people would be up to.
sinister42

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:15 am

OOC: Sure, be our guest, Sinister42.

IC: Baltusian Home Secretary sets out policy to deport New Endralonian citizens fighting alongside Baltusian communists.

Home Secretary Bathsheba Grey confirmed a "firm hand" would be taken in dealing with Endralonian nationals who are discovered to be fighting alongside Baltusian communist rebels in Terrarokka.

She said: "We have emergency powers in place to deal with this rebellion and if we discover that Endralonian nationals are flying into this country and joining these communists and perpetuating the violence then we will have to take very strong action.

"I have asked for enhanced security checks on all citizens travelling to Baltusia from Endralon for the time being and asked President Leitch and the Foreign Secretary to inform Endralonian President Dragoslav Bus that we cannot tolerate this behaviour."
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby matthewleitch » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Update

Baltusia have deployed military forces in Terrarroka to prevent and stop communist uprisings.

The Communist Uprising has now claimed that they are made up of two sections-

The Baltusian Revolutionary Guard

The Terrarroka Freedom Fighters

Battles which are currently taking place include the Terraroka battle, which military forces have intervened in, as well as the Costa De Oro battle, which Naval and Land forces are currently fighting. Baltusian Military have now neutralised Villita of the BRG and TFF and hope to finally defeat this evil. The current situation looks like this:

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby xionSoyYo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Gaduridos ruling party, the Peoples' Front, condemns the uprising.

The Peoples' Front, and therefore, the Gadurian government, officially condemns this uprising. In a short statment that concluded: ''Although we are mostly a communist party, and we are much closer to the political stances of the rebellion, we also have a deep commitment for democracy, and truth is Baltusians have crushed the leftist parties on the ballot, those fellow communists shouldn't be fighting with weapons aganist the government, they should be organizing themselves to win the next election. Stop fighting, and start voting!''

However, the Gadurian government has rejected any aid to the Baltusian officially recognized government.
xionSoyYo

Postby matthewleitch » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Baltusian Ministry of Defence Release Map of Terrorist Control

The Baltusian government have today released their official diagram of the current situation with regards to a Communist Uprising.

The image diagram can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/ArQLHvp.png

matthewleitch

Postby jamescfm » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:46 pm

Kalistani Statement
The Foreign Affairs Minister of Kalistan Serhat Aslan, wishes to express, on behalf of the Kalistani government, complete contempt at the so-called 'revolutionary' terrorists currently undermining the Baltusian democratic system. Whilst we may not agree ideologically with the Baltusian governing parties, we are completely committed to the democratic system of governance. However, we do wish to express concern about the extent of the powers which the security agencies are being provided with.
jamescfm

Postby xionSoyYo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Gaduridos Government refuses to impose border controls, hundreds join the rebellion.

''After due consideration, the government will not close the border'', Rosa María Li González, the interior minister, said. The government will, therefore, let anyone join whichever side they want, with thousands of militias joining both sides, although almost all of them are siding with the rebellion. However, refugee camps are being built by the state throughout the border, and local governments are generally supporting those running away from the war. With posters that say ''Refugees Welcome'' in many town halls (most of them controlled by the PF-AF coalition).
xionSoyYo

Postby sinister42 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:53 pm

ooc: Baltusian security forces might witness about a dozen New Endralonian students leaving an encampment of the BRG. Do you capture them? Do you interrogate them?
sinister42

Next

Return to Conflicts