Liberation of Davostan

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Liberation of Davostan

Postby Axxell » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:47 am

Istalia follow this situation for long time, and after have analising also the constitutional laws in force in Davostan, we have to constate that currently there are so little possibility for any party or parties coalition, also if they have the majority, to form a Government and carry forward reforms.

All the political system in Davostan is litterally blocked to maintain the Satanilic Dynasty at the power: the Emperor lead the Government, the Emperor, as indicated by Mr Milton is the only which could propose a Government, an extremely little number of proposals which each party can propose in one year and can cumulate, etc...

Since millennia Davostan became like a personal property of the Satanilic Rulers which made all the possible to conserve their bastion in this world!
We hope the democratic forces will be able to change again as happen in the past the local political system, dominated by a culture based on evil and hate, which for long time admitted slavery, child labour, no rights for the citizens, etc...

(OOC: in effect me too often I wondered how legal is that a nation is locked in such a state for so long time)
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Re: Liberation of Davostan

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:57 am

jamescfm wrote:
FPC wrote:Mr Milton,

I accept previously we were not democratically elected. But now our two parties have a clear majority in the council and have the support of the people of Davostan, yet we have no power as the Unholy Government has blocked all opposition and gives us no chance to form a government as only the HoS can propose a coalition. I even offered to cooperate with the SRP by suggesting a grand coaliton with them included but we got no response or reply. THe people clearly want a change and I feel we should be allowed to give them it.

Findlay Currie
Leader of the PFP

OOC: Given that you have a hereditary HoS, isn't a breach of the game rules? Perhaps ask Reddy or SelCru (be a nice opportunity for his baptism ;) ).

MODERATION NOTE: Indeed, it seems the current laws of Davostan are in violation of the rules, specifically:

13.7 It is forbidden to impose a "Cabinet-lock" by introducing a situation where the Head of State is unelected and yet only the Head of State is permitted to propose a Cabinet. Amongst other possible sanctions, Moderation reserves the discretion to subject parties to a seat reset if this is necessary to reverse a Cabinet-lock situation.

This situation is best not discussed or handled here at the forum, but I will inform all the players in Davostan of the situation and how it conflicts with the rules.
SelucianCrusader

Previous

Return to World Events