Rutanian 2nd Civil war

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Rutanian 2nd Civil war

Postby Axxell » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:22 pm

What metod? Invest the 3,2% of budget in the defence? Reduce the budget to the army constantly in the last 100 in-game years? The last forum's RP that talked about Beluzian army goes back about 6 months.
How could you justify similar unrealistic numbers?
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby fernando toure » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Message from jakania:
Jakanian prime minster stated today that his country is againist voilence in rutania and therfore, jakania is ready to hold peace confrence in it's capital doukaz (dokuz confrence) at december 4158 . The jakanian government is one step far from everyone, it's doesn't support anyone againist another
fernando toure

Postby J97 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Ardinia Daily
Dundorfian and Rutanian forces move to Oct
The capital of Ardinia has been reached. The President of Ardinia has therefore issued a press release:
I, George Madison, have always stood for Ardinian independence and everything I did and will do will be to support Ardinian independence. The war is already raging for three years and it's not going well. To tell you the truth there is only one option for us left and that is for the people of Ardinia to stand up against the imperialistic regime of Rutania. Therefore I ask women and men to get any gun you can get and fight against the Dundorfians and Rutanians. Defend the honour of Ardinia, defend your country and defend your home. I'm also asking every Ardinian representative, to not vote in favour of the current bill introduced by the SPP in the Ardinian parliament to reintroduce Ardinia back into Rutania.

Upon his press release, 50,000 men and women of Oct have already taken up arms and there is news of Dundorfian and Rutanian caputered cities rebelling against their barbaric imperialists. The president is currently being moved to Newtonia, the only Ardinian city not affected by any of the fighting forces, to assure his safety.
Royalist Party- Holy Luthori Empire
J97

Postby Adithya » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Rebel Members attack Dundorfian Army,

The Dundorfian Armies progress has slowed as they face stiff Resistance from the Ardinian National Army Members in Eastern Dundorf,Therefore 100,000 Additional Dundorfian Soldiers have entered Ardinia to Crush the Rebels.

Ardinian Flag Lowered and Rutanian and Dundorfian Flags seen in Eastern Oct:-

Sources for the DBC report that the Ardinian Independence Party Headquarters in Eastern Oct is under Full Dundorfian Control,The Ardinian Flag has been Lowered and the Dundorfian and Rutanian Flag has been raised in the HQ and it will serve as "Rutanian Government"Headquarters for Ardinia.

Heavy Shelling is also taking place in Western Oct and the city has been completely surrounded by The Combined Army of Dundorf and Rutania and search is on to prevent The Ardinian President from Escaping.But Dundorf has helped to rescue and transport atleast 2,850,000 of the 3,000,000 Oct Residents to safe locations and the remaining are said to be Rebels

Dundorf to Provide 250,000 DUM to those who give information about the whereabouts of the Terrorist Madison.

Stay tuned to DBC.
Adithya

Postby Adithya » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Air Raids on Newtonia:-

Dundorfian Army has Launched Air Raids on Ardinian Government Offices in Newtonia,Reports also say that the Attack was intended on the Temporary Ardinian Assembly,Office of The Ardinian Minister of Defence and Foreign Affairs.Reports say that many government Buildings within a half a Kilometre radius of the Interim Ardinian Assembly have been damaged.
Adithya

Postby jadouljonathan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:26 pm

OOC: how can potensi helo? Or send soldiers? Or miltary supplies to ardinia? Or isn't it needed?
Nation: Dorvik
Party: the kommunistische partei
Previous nations: rildanor, state of hobrazia, potensi
jadouljonathan

Postby stalin1953 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:58 pm

OOC:Our whole army is deployed in the civil war
stalin1953

Postby menkiller751 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:56 pm

The National Republican Alliance (NRA) party of Rutania has made a public statement today calling for a general ceasefire to get medical and other essential supplies to seriously affected area's like Oct.

"We call for a ceasefire to ensure the citizens of both Rutania and the Proclaimed "republic of Ardinia" have enough supplies to keep themselves fed and at least in a average human condition" sad Secretary General Paul Drescott of the NRA.

He also called for all participants of the conflict to join the dokuz conference in Jakania and to come to a diplomatic solution to this war so that "Our nation can prosper again and will not be shackled by the burden of war"
menkiller751

Postby Axxell » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4118&p=110622#p110622

OOC: But also with all your forces deployed How could be realistic dozens and dozens of thousands of ships, aircraft, etc...?
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby phonexia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:56 pm

OOC: As someone that has been in Beluzia for so long now, I can tell you that these numbers are ridiculous.

First the raw numbers; in foot soldiers alone, 7,000,000 is slightly over 7% of the total population, combined with, assuming 3 men a tank for 250k tanks is another 750k manpower in tank crews alone. Then there's 25k aircraft, 25k manpower if we are assuming all of them are single piloted and the 70k manpower from 35k helicopters if you put only a pilot and co-pilot in each. Then there's the 50k arty, which, basing it off of the U.S. M119 howitzer from the 90s (where I'd place our military tech from our funding history) has a minimum 5 person crew, adding 250k more soldiers. Finally, there's 90,500 transport vehicles, which if we put 3 crew members in each is 285,000 more troops. In total, the ground and air support part of the Beluzian military would make 8,380,000 personnel. That's not including any additional crew in the vehicles and the maintenance personnel for the massive number of equipment, plus medical staff and other non-combatants employed only in the GROUND OPERATION. The lowest estimate I can give is around 8.5 million people employed only in the Beluzian Ground and Air forces, as outlined. Even as a total military force, that's approximately 8.7% of the nation's population, and I'm assuming we haven't called in reserves. As a contrast, the most expensive IRL military in the world, the U.S, has only .44% of it's population in the armed forces according to a google search.

Not only is the number ridiculous, but so is the cost of the ground operation. The total cost of the operation was put at 35,000,000 BEL. Once again, using the U.S. 1.4 million man military as a comparison, according to the Department of Defense's requested numbers, they will use $582.7 billion(https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Relea ... t-proposal). Now, since this is what President Obama requested in Feb. 2016, the numbers could be different, but this is a good baseline. Now, subtracting the navy's budget, we are left with $417.8 billion for the land, air, and home defense forces.Then, let's multiply that by a simple number, 5, to account for the added troops, and we come out to a grand total of at least $2.089 trillion a year for operating costs. Now, unless the BEL is the world's strongest currency by miles or the Beluzian army is armed with sticks, cloth, and wooden planes dropping rocks like a bunch of Ewoks, I don't think we have the money to support just the ground and air operations. Don't even get me started on how over 200k ships, including 45k aircraft carriers, would drain the manpower reserves and cost way more than 10,000,000,000 BEL. I don't think we could operate a single carrier with a total defense budget of only 12.9 billion BEL, let alone 45 thousand. How in anyone's right mind is it possible to operate armed forces that even Dick Cheney would call a little excessive, with a budget so small that 9 other programs exceed it in funding? How do we have an army this large with a government that is historically dominated by pacifists and has not raised the budget for the military at least since I came back to Beluzia in the early 4130s?

I'm sorry if I sound so hostile but the proposed numbers are so ludicrous that it's practically an embarrassment that they were even proposed. Not to mention that we are blatantly disregarding several treaties by supporting Ardinia, including a de-facto non-aggression pact and alliance in the form of the League of Nations with Rutania. Overall, it looks like some players in my nation have no clue what reasonable RP is and appear to not want to bother to fix it. I get that we all want to enjoy ourselves here, but being this ridiculous ruins the spirit and fun of it for everyone else. I apologize on behalf of the players of Beluzia for the blatant disregard of common sense that some have shown and I hope that we can create a sensible RP in the future. There is a great potential for fun, among it being a League of Nations signatory(http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3551) attacking another one; furthermore a conflict that appears to be developing similarly to Syria is interesting. It's just that it doesn't help us and everyone at large when people that seem to have no idea what they are doing start making idiots of themselves by proposing such insanity.

Finally, I'd like to affirm that we do not have a military that is larger than that of the, to use Axxell's comparison, Galactic Empire's military in the height of the Galactic Civil War. I think we should have some form of discussion, as players in Beluzia, on the size of our armed forces. I hope you enjoyed my mindless ranting, because I have a paper to write. I hope we can all come to our senses and enjoy ourselves.
phonexia

PreviousNext

Return to World Events