Happy war time?

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Happy war time?

Postby Captain No-Beard » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:56 am

Hi all, new to Particracy, had some questions:
My country voted on going to war with another at some point in the future, as we think it would be fun. In character, my fascist party wants to unify the Canrillaise people under one banner. How does war work? And can it be declared unilaterally? Thanks,
CNB

War vote: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=511322
Captain No-Beard

Re: Happy war time?

Postby Maxington » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:55 am

Hello and Welcome to Particracy. I'm Maxington and I am a member of the Global RP Team.

Seeing that you wish to wage a war of ethnic proportions with another country there are some rules of the game which you MUST make into consideration behind attempting to beginning the drive towards developing your conflict.
1. In accordance with the Section 21.2 of the Game Rules which states: In general, role-play requires the consent of all players. However, a reasonable and realistic sphere is recognised within which a player may role-play without the direct consent of other players. Within the bounds of realism and reasonability, this includes: The ability to role-play events primarily affecting the player's party and characters, The ability, on a modest scale, to role-play events within the nation. The ability to role-play a small rebellion. This is especially so in cases where the government is role-played in a way which seems to make rebellion more plausible, such as by restricting political activity and suppressing dissent.

Since this is a conflict/war which you wish to engage in with persons from another country is would suggest firstly you obtain the consent of those in your country (to find out whether they are willing to engage in the roleplay event.) and obtain the consent of those in the country which you wish to go to war with (to find out whether they are willing to engage in the roleplay event).

2. In accordance with Section 23.1 of the Game Rules which states: Role-play events between nations, such as wars, will be officially recognised if before they are commenced, in all of the concerned nations a RP event bill outlining the event is approved by a 2/3rds majority of all players with seats (not just those with seats who vote) and over 50% of the seats in the legislature. This bill must specify the necessary and possible consequences of the role-play event, as well as a clause that deals with the eventuality of one or more players becoming absent for more than a specified time, and how such an absence is to be interpreted in in-game terms.
Basically once you have obtained the consent of the players to engage in the roleplay event, thereafter you move to making an RP event Bill to outline the progression of the event. An example of what i am saying is this: Particracy World War consent.

Once you have these things, you can official lay the ground work for you roleplay (planning and other such things). If you want an example of how a War RP should be planned see here. (this is simple an example, it is not necessary to format your RP event planning like this). If you need guidance in terms of the Game Rules, see here. (I would advise reading game rules sections 21 to 23, as they deal with General Roleplay).

QUICK TIP
*Remember to stay in constant communication with all the members involved in the RP Event as to prevent unwanted/unnecessary decisions or moves being done by other players.
*Have fun. It is not always about the outcome of the conflict, but it is about the experience and interaction in which you have between the various persons.

If you are in need of any assistance please, do not hesitate to contact me via PM, I am on the forum everyday. And also do not hesitate to PM these guys.
Reddy
SelucianCrusader
These guys are the forums moderators and extremely helpful people who will be able to guide you.

I hope this was helpful.
Regards,
Maxington.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Return to World Events