War of the Coalitions - Rutania - 4194

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: War of the Coalitions - Rutania - 4194

Postby General.M » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:07 pm

The Free Republic of Vanuku supports the republicans in the Rutanian civil war.
The government of Vanuku is soon to pass a new bill which declares Vanukus support for the republicans. After this bill passes the government of Vanuku is free to act against the royalists. While the bill is being voted upon, another bill has passed to increase the military budget with 20.000.000.000 VAN. This is partly because of the new tensions in the world. A navy squadron is going to Rutania. The minister of defence has said that
the navy will not intervene in the war but will watch it for security and is able to intervene if other nations intervene against the republic. The government has not yet decided how to act completely. At the moment rumors have gone up about sightings of military advisors of Vanuku at the republican side. ImagePart of the navy going to Rutania
Last edited by General.M on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby Maxington » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:18 pm

OOC: This is an intervention. If players from external countries wish to partake in the conflict it should be done in two ways: One being the dispatch of a voluntary contingent to the country (which would be under the control of the player(s) of the Republic or Monarchist side. It cannot be that nations are simply entering the conflict and engaging either side of the internal dispute. If external nations are to intervene in the way as they in this conflict, it should not be considered an internal conflict. External forces/parties when being involved in internal conflicts should at-least outline their objectives/aims in a pre-roleplay environment. (It is important to establish a planning period by which players involved can be guided by the person in-charge of coordinating the conflict. This promotes a flow in roleplay as well as it gives players a clear insight into how the conflict is to progress. It prevents unwanted moves by players.)

It is a logistical mess when nations (for example, Malivia) state that a naval and ground force contingent had arrived in the country. This creates the impetus for other players to respond by sending naval and ground force assets of their own. Now, tell if i am wrong. If this is supposed to be an internal conflict, there should be zero mention of navies, specifically pertaining to external forces. There should be no mention of air force activity (unless it pertains to the government using their equipment against the other warring parties).

I would give ctmarcum props for roleplaying this internal conflict in a manner that is qualitative and sticks the general theme of the conflict: Internal Dispute. Specifically when he mentioned New Endralonian and Malivian military advisers were in the country assisting them. That is how external forces in an internal conflict should be roleplayed, as a supportive role. However, i find it irrational for there to be a marginalization between a republican and monarchist navy. Seeing that Rutania is one country which buys equipment for its defencive/offencive uses. In my mind there should be no mention of a marginalized navy (unless either the monarchist/republic player control defence minister or head of government to roleplay he uses the capabilities of the armed forces against the opposing party). When it is not so, there should no mention of a marginalized navy for the monarchists nor the republicans.

In an internal conflict there should only be a great emphasis on the ground forces, particularly the paramilitaries of the warring parties (the monarchists and the republicans) with external forces playing supportive roles through the channels of humanitarian aid, airstrike on behalf of the legitimate/illegitimate government, the dispatching of military advisers (but not the dispatching of troops). This does not create a clear picture of the conflict from an external view. (meaning a random player seeing this would be extreme confused with there being no clear guide as how things are to progress).

This was simply an intervention or advisement as to how to make this conflict into something that is thought through and has a strong emphasis on flow. I would advise that this conflict be overhauled and a planning period established as a means of laying down the framework for how roleplay is to proceed.

Happy Roleplaying.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Phibotic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:43 am

Narikatonese Drawback in Rutania

Narikaton has decided to stop their attack on the Airforce of Endralon. Also it will not sent any more troops if not asked. As the Narikatonian government thinks there is nothing more they can do for the Royalists on the water, it stopped the Bombardement of Republican ports. The blockade will be maintained but not with full force and it will be lifted for humanitarian good in any case.

This step is due to the risk of starting a international war fought out on Rutanian ground, which Jens II wants to evade. In his eyes this would only bring more suffering to the Rutanian population. He does not want Rutania to become the military playground of greatpowers. However he still wants the Royalist claims to be pressed and will give support if it does Not mean attacking another nation directly.

OOC: Ok I'll quit attacking other nations directly and let the civil war as an internal conflict continue as it was meant to be, because I don't really want to plan an indepth roleplay. The conflict against Malivia was weird enough for me. I will just stick to my blockade and the support I sent in form of equipment and a couple expeditionary forces which will now be controlled by the monarchist players.
Last edited by Phibotic on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
On-Off Pseudo Opposition in Narikaton
Phibotic

Postby Maxington » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:03 am

Phibotic wrote:Narikatonese Drawback in Rutania

OOC: Ok I'll quit attacking other nations directly and let the civil war as an internal conflict continue as it was meant to be, because I don't really want to plan an indepth roleplay. The conflict against Malivia was weird enough for me. I will just stick to my blockade and the support I sent in form of equipment and a couple expeditionary forces.

Watch how you use your words sir. A blockade is an automatic declaration of war, in accordance with the rule of engagement. So i think an embargo would be a better form of diplomatic power playing.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Phibotic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:08 am

OOC: A declaration against whom exactly? But whatever Maxington, as long as I am not forced to do actual war rp
On-Off Pseudo Opposition in Narikaton
Phibotic

Postby Aethan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:49 am

OOC: did I have to write something? Gosh, my mind is so bad :oops: :lol:

Defence Minister Portia Minervalis starts giving orders to Selucian armed forces to arrive at Rutania with national aid

Caesar Senatus Artemisia Ventor thanks both parts implied in the battle the permission to help those wounded or affected people inside Rutania, agreeing with the 72-hours truce and encouraging both factions to use this time to find a peaceful solution
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Axxell » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Aethan wrote:OOC: did I have to write something? Gosh, my mind is so bad :oops: :lol:

:D :lol: :P
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby kj#2 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:34 pm

President Elmer Clark unveils new banner of Royalist Rutania

President Clark (leader of the Royalist Faction)

New banner unveiled in the capitol of Vanderburg

President Clark in an attempt to rally the morale of Royalist fighters and supporters of the cause has unveiled a new banner for the Royalist faction. The banner was unveiled at a military parade in Vanderburg. The parade was presided over by the President and several senior Whig and Conservative party members. Many Corporate Arms representatives were also in attendance. Reports indicate that President Clark and his staff has been carefully courting the major corporate monopolies in Royalist controlled areas, it is rumored that Royalist government officials have been in close contact with the corporations in the Republican held areas as well in attempt to disrupt the Republican war effort.

The McMillon Corporation has been granted large concessions of land in the Royalist controlled areas. McMillon has become the obvious powerhouse behind the royalist regime, it is reported that they are supplying nearly 70% of all royalist weapons produced domestically. The McMillon Corporation has also become one of the biggest banking and investment firms due to the governments preferential treatment since the beginning of the Civil War.

Military Parade in Vanderburg
Whig Party of Rutania
kj#2

Postby FPC » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Martin Gass forced to resign as Prime Minister

Today, the Prime Minister of Dundorf was defeated in an internal party election, which he called to silence party critics. He was beaten by party veteran, and long time Health Minster Alexander Steinmar. This change of power may call into question Dundorfian intervention in the Civil War.

Alexander Steinmar, the new Prime Minister
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby liebkartoffel » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:41 pm

TECH GIANTS FORM REPUBLICAN SUPPORT NETWORK

From his expansive villa just outside of Flora, GAMMA head David Mwangi and a group of influential tech industry leaders announced that they were forming a "Strategic Wartime Trust" in collaboration with the Republican government-in-exile. The purpose of the group--which includes Mwangi, online retail giant Plinko CEO Joanna Cross, Vita Biomedics CEO Christopher Bletchley, and Logos Computers founder and Chairman (and the third richest man in Terra) Hart Auerbach, among others--is to "pool intellectual and financial resources in support of the Republican war effort." While the majority of Rutania's business sector--including the defense and heavy manufacturing industries--support the Royalists, the tech and research industries have come out firmly on the side of the Republicans. "Intellectual and financial support" seems to be deliberately ambiguous language, and the SWT's spokesperson refused to respond to certain ongoing rumors that the group is serving as the Republicans' de facto intelligence and PSYOP agency. Recent academic studies have noted a substantial increase of "bots" spreading pro-Republican commentary and propaganda on various social media outlets. Since even before the war, GAMMA has been dogged with allegations that the company installs backdoor software designed to monitor user activity, essentially turning all GAMMA phones into mobile listening and data collection devices. GAMMA founder Mwangi has categorically and repeatedly denied such allegations.
liebkartoffel

PreviousNext

Return to World Events