Operation Northern Avalanche

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Operation Northern Avalanche

Postby Maxington » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:15 pm

10:12, Rikker's Valley, North Dovani.

The conversation soon became shrouded by the whining of an airborne gamma-ray spectrometry aircraft passing overhead. “How long until they complete the aerial survey?” Mr. Sundby, a parliamentarian sent to observe the operation, questioned as he could no longer bare the loud, low-flybys of the spectrometry aircraft. The government wanted to know the details of the operation, thus Mr. Sundby (the Statsminister’s Chief of Staff) was sent to “represent the opinions of the government”. “Until they are confident that they have surveyed this entire region Mr. Sundby, patience appears to be your downfall.” Calmly responded Brigadier-General Jenssen of the Kongeforsvar’s Science Corps, who leaned on the command vehicle, seemingly resting. “We must ensure that this designated region has been scanned for traces of uranium so that we could either know to being extraction or continue prospecting in another region.” He continued, insisting the Mr. Sundby had to develop patience. “Are you concerned about thing Mr. Sundby? Is this unknown concern pushing to want to leave?” Jenssen questioned, holding his arms behind his back. “It’s just the boldness of this whole operation. Here we are in a Northern Dovani, without permission from their government to use their airspace or be within their borders searching for minerals which belong to them. Basically what I’m saying is that is politically taboo to do this.” He explained to Jenssen, accentuating these various facts. “Mr. Sundby, I think that you should know by now that I am not a man of political gestures. I am a military scientist, but my military background is mostly seen, than that of my scientific background. Unlike you I don’t worry about the politics behind what I do, what I do worry about is the practical aspect of what I do (is this operation doing to be a success, is it going to fail), those are the questions which I frequently ask myself.” He paused to point at a man in the middle of the vast field. “Do you think that Professor Hermansen cares about the politics behind what we are doing here? No, what he cares about is that we find uranium deposits in the region, for if he cared about the politics behind this he would never have the balls to plan the operation in the first place.” Jenssen explained to Sundby. Professor Olaf Hermansen was the Director of the National Atomic Energy and Research Commission (the agency responsible for government research into atomic energy and nuclear weapons).“However, to try to give you a sense of relief, look in the sky for me.” Jenssen commanded Sundby as he was about to demonstrate something. “Notice the second plane always tailgating the first one? The first one is the spectrometry aircraft, and the second is an electronic warfare aircraft. The second plane ensures that both it and the spectrometry aircraft are not detected by enemy radar, making it virtually invisible to detection.” He then moved on to demonstrate another factor towards the maintenance of secrecy of the operation. “When we were coming here you should have noticed the fact that there were civilian vehicles following us up to this point. Those are scouts, from military intelligence. They scouted the area to ensure that no one, (government or civilian) was in the area. They are currently conducting reconnaissance on the next point of geographical surveying if we don’t find anything here.” Jenssen gave Sundby a reassuring nudge. “You are safe Mr. Sundby, your politics are safe.”

“We’ve found nothing sir,” one of the scientists from within the spectrometry aircraft announced over the radio. “The images come back negative for uranium deposits. What should we do now sir?” the scientist questioned, awaiting the commander’s orders. “I believe that we should not hesitate to begin scanning the second site.” Professor Hermansen broke in via his own walkie-talkie. “If that is what you want Professor, we move to the second site.” Jenssen concluded before switching his frequency to the command frequency. “We are done here, move to the second site.” He ordered, turning the walkie-talkie off to address Sundby. “Alright Mr. Sundby, let’s move.” Jenssen gestured for Sundby to enter to command vehicle which they had original came to this location in. They took their positions in the back of the vehicle whilst two officers occupied the driver and front passenger seats. One turned around and handed Jenssen a ring-bind folder overflowing with documents and “important” papers. “I am sure that you will report back to the Defence Minister on what we are doing here?” Jenssen questioned whilst sweeping through the documents. The question was clearly directed towards Sundby, which he knew. “I am expected to write a report when we get back to the staging base. Thereafter I present it before the Statsminister and members of the National Security Council.” Sundby explained the political process to Jenssen. “I’ve noticed something about you politicians, you tend to paper over things like defence and security. You people want internal security reviews, you want defence reviews. For you people to think that those things change or improve the situation of the military you must be lost mentally.” Jenssen paused to put his reading glasses, yet not looking at Sundby for the entire time. “But I believe that you people have good intentions and want to assist. Nevertheless, you are going about it the wrong way.” Sundby leaned in to truly listen to what was being said by Jenssen. “The improvements you carry to the stortinget should not be based on what YOU see is missing, but should be based on what the soldiers and officers see missing. You politicians are not on the ground so you can’t know the experiences we soldiers have with your “improvements”. You need to focus your attention around the soldier.” Jenssen concluded signing off the book, handing it back to the officer in the front passenger seat. About fifteen minutes later they had arrived to the secondary site and already the spectrometry aircraft had begun its low fly-bys. “You could stay in the vehicle if you’d like.” Jenssen said to Sundby knowing his slight hatred of the loud whining of the aircraft’s engine whilst they did their fly-bys. “Okay,” Sundby said somewhat relieved.

Jenssen approached a mobile command vehicle to speak with Professor Hermansen who had been reviewing the spectrometric images produced by the previous for the previous site. “Is that politician gone?” Hermansen questioned upon hearing the door to the command post open. “Give him a chance Professor, he is simply doing his job, just like you.” Jenssen explained to Hermansen. “But my job does not include getting into other people’s way.” Hermansen countered pointing out that the fact that Sundby always asked questions pertaining to most of the operation. “It’s his job to be persistent, just like you, he has to write up a report at the end of the day, end of story professor.” Jenssen brought the tit-for-tat to an immediate end. Although Hermansen was the Director of the National Atomic Energy and Research Commission, Jenssen was a military officer at first and the somewhat advanced equipment Hermansen was using was curtesy of the Military Science Corps. “Command, we will be returning to base in approximately thirty-minutes, we are inching into joker fuel.” One of the pilots announced over the task force frequency. “Acknowledged.” He responded to the pilot, immediately switching over to command frequency once again. “This is command, both aircraft will be returning to Agatha Air Station in thirty-minutes, put a pep in your step.” He concluded turning the walkie-talkie off once more. “Sorry about that,” he apologized to Hermansen, who understood the circumstance immediately. “On a separate note, I am now convinced that we will not find anything here.” Hermansen insisted, showing the spectrometric images to Jenssen. “There is literally nothing here to prospect or extract. We are scanning nothing.” Jenssen’s facial expression turned from normal to slightly depressed. “I though your people say that there was an 89% possibility of there being deposits in this region.” Jenssen said, seemingly pissed that he had wasted the capabilities of the science corps on nothing. Jenssen turned on the walkie-talkie once more, “This is command, operation terminated, we are RTB.” He announced over the command frequency, ordering the termination of the operation and in a similar manner order all forces to return to Hjaltland Leir (the main base of operations from the Kongeforsvar). Jenssen walked out of the command post, attempting to call himself down. He enter the vehicle, slamming the door behind him. “What happened? Why is everyone leaving?” Sundby questioned. “We were scanning nothing. There were no uranium deposits there to prospect.” Jenssen explained. As the vehicle pulled off to join the convoy returning to Kazulian territory, Jenssen remained quiet throughout the entire journey as he contemplated on the resources wasted. He could not risk wasting more resources in another region, he had to talk with Statsminister on finding an alternative source of uranium.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Re: Operation Northern Avalanche

Postby Maxington » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:49 pm

08:12, Statsminister's Office, Office of the Statsminister, Skalm, Dreton, Kazulia.

Brig.General Jenssen entered the Statsminister’s Office with Professor Hermansen in tow. Upon entering he founded that he had been flanked by two higher ranking military officials to the right, a suit-clad gentleman to left and the Statsminister dead centre. “Brigadier-General Jenssen; Professor Hermansen, How are you both?” the Statsminister questioned and somewhat greeted the two men. “Fine sir,” the two responded somewhat simultaneously. Whilst greetings were made, the two generals and the suit-clad gentlemen make constant eye contact with both Jenssen and Hermansen. “I am sure you are familiar with Lieutenant-General Wermager, General Arneson and Mr. Lillegard.” the Statsminister said, point out each person as he named them. The three men did not bother to initiate a hand, a simple nod was the most of their salutations. “Chief of the Foreign Intelligence Service, two generals and two military scientists, this must be important.” Mr. Lillegard commented, leaning back into the chair to find himself a comfortable position. “We saw the report you formed after surveying Northern Dovani and we agree that Dovani is not a prime region for the prospecting of uranium. However, we would like to know other options of obtaining this resource.” the Statsminister clearly directed to Hermansen as he was the only one out of himself and Jenssen who had to construct a report. “There are many options but it is truly a matter of if we are going to be given the opportunity to obtain said resource. Nations are extremely protective of their resources and will not make any compromises, especially when it pertains to a resource as previous as uranium.” He paused to rub his 5’o’clock shadow as he thought of a possibility. “I am aware that this government has attempted at contacting the government of Tukarali to obtain a small quantity of its uranium stockpiles. I would suggest trying once more. Apart from this there is the option of steal the uranium from them, the foreign intelligence service could organize that.” Hermansen said as he looked at the Foreign Intelligence Chief. Jenssen broke in, “But once we obtain this, another problem will rise, that is the procurement of nuclear technology, the knowledge to construct their weapons.” He continued. “Now, I know for sure, no nation, not Trigunia, not Indrala, not Vanuku, not even Istalia is going to share nuclear technology with us for the simple reason they do not want opponents to the power and clout they hold with their nuclear weapons. I suggest we either cooperate with an ally that is willing to do so, or we steal the technology.” He explained. The Foreign Intelligence Chief now broke in, “That is going to be an extremely difficult feat.” He explained to Jenssen. “And destabilizing Jelbania and Xsampa wasn’t?” Jenssen counter, administering a clandestine grilling of the intelligence chief.

“Don’t play fool with me, Mr. Lillegard, I know about Operation Southern Hammer and your agency’s hands one work in destabilising Jelbania from the inside out.” Jenssen continued, seemingly administrating blows to the intelligence chief’s character and clandestine identity. “Gentlemen, could we back on track please?” the Statsminister questioned, clearly frustrated by the altercation. “Mr. Lillegard, I am sure your agency could work on initiating another mission to cooperate with the Hutorians, as we discussed in the conference, they made it clear that they intend to assist us. So I’m calling on your to establish contact between the HSIS and UES and get the technology, uranium would have to be taken from an external source, but if it is possible, maybe the Hutorians could provide us with the technology to do so.” The Statsminister ordered. “Now, I have to get a heavy water production facility for you Professor Hermansen?” the Statsminister questioned. To which Hermansen confirmed with a nod of agreement. The Statsminister gestured for all to the leave the room. It would not be an intense period until they could begin the development process.
Maxington

Postby Maxington » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:12 pm

09:01, Michael's Cafe and Bar, Bekenial, Adelia, Hutori.

For more than week now, the foreign intelligence service’s reconnaissance team had been furiously scoping out of the minimalist café. They had observed business figures, police officers and civilians of the like, enter and exit through its stained glass doors. These movements had created the perception that the café was an area of pedestrian and security traffic, making it an extreme risk for their operatives to conduct any business within its doors. Nevertheless, they would have to through this perception and scepticism out of the window, as it was the location their HSIS contact wanted to meet. Said contact did not want to compromise on moving to another location as he himself felt comfortable in the café to conduct lucrative business, a factor which was both unknown and questionable to the foreign intelligence service. This meeting would set the impetus for the advancement of acclaimed Operation Northern Avalanche (the development of the Kazulian Nuclear Programme), thus it was imperative that a strategic yet calm minded agent be sent in on behalf of the service. Although they had many agents, the director saw it best that his deputy, Mr. G. Oddursson be sent in to represent the service in this extremely important meeting. Mr. Oddursson had spent more than thirty-five years in the service and frequently found himself bouncing from department chief to department chief due to his unique skill set. Oddursson’s profile was “blacker than black”, for he had been involved in some of the most secretive operations to be undertaken by the service. His black profile made him a virtual ghost to many within the intelligence world, undetectable-untraceable.

Pouring himself a cup of instant coffee from the $1 lira, Oddursson took up the newspaper and sat at a table near the window, a position which would enable the reconnaissance team in the apartment across the street to maintain complete surveillance on both the conversation and Oddursson himself. Outdoors along the sidewalk, businessmen and common civilians hurried toward their offices and respective jobs with the frequent instance of the federal police officer pacing up and down the street, his eyes always centred on the café. He breezed through the local newspaper, his eyes periodically falling onto the accentuated topics of murders, government reforms and construction projects which filled it daily. “That is what federalism results in,” he murmured to the section on Adelian communal autonomy in a Luthorian-Skjold accent. He paused to glance at his watch as he thought that by now the time in which his contact was expected to arrive, would have come. “Fifteen more minutes,” he said to himself. To notify the reconnaissance team in the apartment across the street, he resorted to sign language. The Foreign Intelligence Service had used sign language as an alternative to communication especially in instance where it is known that an individual conversation is being listened to. He sat patiently finishing off his poorly brewed instant coffee eventually going for seconds as he waited the fifteen minutes out.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:36 pm

09:10 AST (Adelia Standard Time, Michael's Cafe & Bar, Bekenial, Province of Adelia, Federal Republic of Hutori

Michael's was a non account cafe and bar that at first glance, served a relatively beign and boring clientele. Local businessmen, law enforcement from Hutori's innumerable law enforcement agencies, some bureaucrats and a few civilians. At a first or even second more careful glance no one would assume Michaels was anything beyond what it appeared.

However that in turn allowed for its cover to blossom. First opened in 3993, at the opening of the Great War, Michael's has become a place for military, intelligence and political figures to stop by and talk shop openly without fear of being overheard. During the Cold War it has become spy central as operatives from numerous agencies, allied and otherwise, could stop here and talk without getting shot, a veritable neutral ground sanctioned by HSIS. As long as your business didn't run against Hutori, HSIS did not care what was discussed there.

That sentimentality had follows it for the past two and a half centuries and was deeply ingrained when legendary HSIS Director Briar Rose had quietly bought it and kept for thay very purpose. Everyone who walked in the door was vetted by HSIS's infamously effective Counter Intelligence wing; if the Case Officers at the Sarah Steuart Intelligence Centre didn't know you, at best you'd be picked up by Federal Police for trespassing, at worst the bartender, and retired Close Protection Officer, would fill you with lead from HSG-5 Submachine Gun kept close at hand without batting an eyelash.

Today subsequently while the Kazullian Deputy Director was secure and had his ocerwatch carefully scoping the place, HSIS was intimately aware that a meeting had arrived and was equally being watched, more out of curiosity then out if belief of him being a threat. At the designated time a a middle age man walked into the cafe and ordered a Luthori Beer and sat down at the booth being shown by the Bartender. The man across from Oddurrsson could have been mistaken for any mid to high level bureaucrat thay plagued the Hutorian capital. The man, average may slightly above average in looks was an extremely high ranking Section Chief in charge of Dovani Affairs. He introduced himself with a firm handshake. He spoke in a conversational tone that was held loud enough to he understood but low enough that not a single other person in the bar would be able to overhear; a practised man at the art.

"Sam Driscoll, Assistant Deputy Director of Dovani Affairs, a pleasure to meet you. I'm told your looking to do a little business."

He didn't bother mentioned where he was from, he knew the Deputy Director would know immediately.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:12 pm

9:17, Michael's Cafe & Bar, Bekenial, Province of Adelia, Federal Republic of Hutori

“Deputy Director Gorgan Oddursson, Kazulian Intelligence.” exchanged the respective greetings customary to an informal meeting. “I see it that you have read the report I sent to your headquarters. What is within that report is what I expect to get out of this meeting.” Oddursson said with a brisk, yet authoritative voice. “As you should have already know from both the report and from rumors amongst your colleagues who heard of discussions being laid out in the Lamond Conference, we are embarking on a development project similar to which your country has initiated.” He paused to finish off his cup of instant coffee. “As stated in the report, our findings of nuclear material have been futile and it is becoming even clearly to both our government and the intelligence community that we can longer wait until the current administration has concluded its term. Security is our highest priority at this moment.” Oddursson leaned in to his Hutorian counterpart. “We could have stolen the technology and the materials similar to what your nation did during the Great Terran War. But instead we came to you, knowing that it would easier to approach you than to rob whilst you weren’t looking.” He pulled back, resting in his seat, fiddling with the newspaper. “It is imperative that we obtain uranium and a hard-water generating facility. I should not have to be outlining the needs and wants of my government, nevertheless, we are asking for your government or whomever has the ability to supply us with uranium to please do so.”

“We are aware that your current administration is isolationist and does not intend on sharing the smallest amount of technology or material. To those back at home, we see this approach as a closed economy, however, we are holding this agreement on our strong and ageing partnership in all aspects. We need the material necessary.” Oddursson insisted. “Whatever cost it may, I can assure we are willing to meet the necessary requirements.” Oddursson said quite desperately. “You have idea how crucial a nuclear deterrent is to Kazulia. RKAF Boovarsdalr intercepted radio traffic from Dranland and Mikuni-Hulstria, it under covered a rising voice in said nations, voices against the Kingdom.” He leaned in once more. “These voices champion the cause of the rebuilding of the Kyo Empire and the destruction of the Kingdom of Kazulia.” It was unknown in modern days the reason behind the scepticism of the various nations of dovani, especially those in the northern plains but any historian or history book alike could tell much of the origins of this scepticism. It is accepted that the Kazulian people migrated from present day Dundorf and Dorvik eastward during the time period where a land bridge across northern Terra was present. It is also known that they settled in the mountainous territory in Kazulia, and removed many of the Gao-Showan clans which lived prior, ousting them further eastward into the plains of Northern Dovani. The Gao-Showan nations since then have been critical of Kazulia’s western ideologies as it sees Kazulia as an outsider, someone who did not belong amongst their eastern ideals. “It is imperative that we undertake this meeting in a speedy manner.” Oddursson insisted.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Driscoll sat and listened to the Kazullian paying close attention. He jotted things down on a notepad from his breast pocket every know and then, beyond that remaining silent until his counter part finished. He started with a chuckle. "Whether you could or couldn't have stolen the technology I won't doubt though the materials i think would be ever so slightly more difficult. Regardless." He brushed the comment aside without another thought.

"I have read the report from the Lamond Conference and you'll he happy to know upon return to Hutori both the Ditector and the young Chief of Staff did report to the Prime Minister and President and we began making whay arrangement we could in anticipation of this meeting. Now Uranium itself is actually simple, Hutori has an overabundance of it in Falristan and Lagard. Acquiring will be a simple matter; in small quantities it's barely looked at and the Carter Energy Group is always eager for business. The trick of course is not letting anyone know we are giving it to you, for exactly whay your wanting. Our suggestion for uranium is to go through an HSIS front company created specially for this kind of sale, the Kincardine Shipping Company. It's technically an international importer and exporter but it was set up by HSIS to move whatever materials we needed internationally. We can "sell" the uranium to Kazullia or a Kazullian university or whatever front youd like to put up without eben the Ministry of Trade & Industry realizing we are doing it, though I can't speak for your own government back home."

He paused taking a sip of beer looking hesitant before continuing. "However obtaining weapons grade uranium I'm afraid is trickier. That stuff is exceedingly well observed and monitored by four different Federal Ministries and even more Agencies. If your able to weaponize whatever we give you, it would simplify matters a great deal. The heavy water production on the other hand is actually quite tricky. Like weapons grade uranium in Hutori is a monitored substance, and any sale of it would raise flags we don't want. However what we can get you is the experts capable of starting your own, though how you'll do it without raising suspicion I'm afraid will be up to your folks back home."

"I do understand the strain your under and believe me we stand with you on this, Kazullia are our closest northern allies and we will do all we can to assist you, regardless of who inhabits 24 Orange Avenue or Ross House."
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:17 am

11:12, Rikker's Valley, North Dovani.

“How are you Mr. Sundby?” Brig. General Jenssen asked as he approached Sundby who watched the engineers huddle upon around blueprints. “I’m well General Jenssen, and you?” Sundby responded, turning to face him as he spoke. “Tired, restless – but those are the “perks” of being scientist for the defence force.” He responded rubbing his back which had been giving him a great deal of pain for the past few days. “Might I ask what are they doing?” Sundby questioned, pointing to the group of engineers huddled around the collection of blueprints. “Well, they need to know how to construct the foundation. It’s important to construct a firm foundation so they could be able to make as much additions they wish.” Jenssen explained. “Where is professor Hermansen?” Sundby continued questioning. “He is back in Sutherland at the institute, he doesn’t really have a purpose to be here until it has been constructed.” Jenssen responded once more to Sundby’s questioning. “What do you mean by “it”?” He said in a somewhat worried tone. “We could rule out the pretext that your staff informed you. We are building a nuclear power plant and a heavy water facility.” Jenssen explained. “Let me guess, the government of Northern Dovani doesn’t know we are here? What do you have the air, communications jamming aircraft?” Sundby paused to listen for an aircraft’s engine. “Assumptions will get you nowhere. We have their permission. A deal was concluded with them; we would invest and they would allow us to build the facilities and not mention it to anyone.” Jenssen said in a condescending tone.

The conversation was cut short by the sudden triggering of a siren. “What is that!?” Sundby tried to shout over the siren. Jenssen gestured for Sundby to take a few paces backwards from their current position. Thereafter a deep voice began a count down. “5, 4, 3, 2, 1..” As the one was announced a large explosion could be seen on the mountains infront of them. Throwing rock and debris in all directions with a distance almost reaching Jenssen and Sundby who were 1km from the site of the explosion. “They are making way for the site on which the hard-water facility is going to be made!” Jenssen shouted. It was not about one minute later when a secondary explosion occurred on a mountain to the right of the previous site. “Did you enjoy that Jenssen?” a familiar voice said over the radio. “Please, do blow up another mountain for me.” Jenssen chuckled with his response. “And Mr. Sundby did you enjoy the spectacle?” the voice addressed Sundby. “Uhm…sure, who is this now?” Sundby questioned. “I don’t think we have formally met, I’m Major-General Stohl, Engineer Corps.” Stohl said, introducing himself to Sundby. “We have to wait for the engineers to place down the foundation inorder for the actual building process to begin.” Jenssen interjected.
Maxington

Postby Maxington » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:38 pm

11:56, Rikker's Valley, Northern Dovani.

Radio chatter had removed the possibility of anyone having a civilised conversation about what was about to unfold. Brig.General Jenssen had been coordinating the ground efforts through a walkie-talkie, Professor Hermansen was speaking to a congregation of military scientist. Even Sundby was on the phone with the Statsminister's Office. Years of research and development has resulted in this day's events. In this desolate valley in Northern Dovani, the history of the Kingdom of Kazulia would change forever. "Alright sir, I will information General Jenssen." Sundby said before concluding his conversation with the Statsminister back in Skalm. For once Sundby didn't mind being out with the scientists and soldiers. He had watched the development of the programme unfold from beginning to end, and with the umbrella objective about to unveiled, the question was: Why not? He approached General Jenssen who was still shouting orders through the walkie-talkie. Upon recognising that Sundby was approaching him, he quickly wrapped up his conversation, signalling that it was not for the ears of a parliamentarian. "How are you Mr. Sundby?" General Jenssen asked in his usual calm-monotone voice. "I am fine General Jenssen." he said with a reassuring smile. "The Statsminister said that he wants to meet with you back in Skalm after all of this." He explained. Jenssen nodded his head in approval before looking off into the distance towards the engineers who were setting up the platform.

"Do you think it is going to be successful?" Sundby questioned, looking off into the distance as well. "With things like this Mr. Sundby, I don't want to assume." Jenssen responded, looking at Sundby as he said it. Their conversation was suddenly derailed by a siren which rang throughout the valley. "Alright, Let's pull it back." Jenssen said, gesturing for Sundby to move into the military vehicle which had been waiting for them. "What is that siren?" Sundby shouted, attempting to compete with the loudness of the siren. "It's to warn us to pull back to the designated safe distance." Sundby nodded at Jenssen's response, covering his hears from the siren. The vehicle brought them about 20 km from their initial position. Upon arriving to the designated point the siren ceased. Jenssen looking through his binoculars to scan for anyone remaining beyond the designated area. "Where is Hermansen?" Jenssen questioned. "Right here!" the Professor responded. He had positioned himself next to the Medical Vehicle. "Begin the sequence!" Jenssen shouted in the walkie-talkie. Suddenly, a male voice came over the speakers and began a count down. Whilst the count down began everyone began putting on their protective googles. Those who had worked on the programme for years watched anxiously in the distance as the count down drew nearer to Zero. "Three, Two, One..."

Their view of the desolate valley had been covered by the blinding flash of the explosion. This was followed by sonic boom which sent dust, trees and debris flying in various distances. The flash ceased and a red mushroom cloud emerged. Upon seeing this, there was rejoice among the crowd. The years of research, development and using every asset necessary to maintain this secret (even during the war) had paid off. On a special radio vehicle, Jenssen contacted the Statsminister's Office, the Defence Ministry and the Royal Household to inform them of the successful nuclear detonation. Although they rejoice now, many know that Kazulia has entered a new age, one which could resolution in the destruction of the foundations which they spent centuries building.

**the nuclear age of the Kingdom of Kazulia begins today: 11th March 4273.
Maxington

Return to World Events