OOC Thread: The Kamphon Affair

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

OOC Thread: The Kamphon Affair

Postby Zanz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:23 pm

This whole thread is out of context (OOC) and all OOC posts related to the Kamphon Affair should be posted here.

In Character (IC) thread lives here: link

Rules
  • Participation in this RP is limited to third world nations, specifically Cifutingan, Utari Mosir, Ostland, and Degalogesa. If you're another third world nation and want to join, write a post here first before posting IC. If you're a first world nation that wants to react to what's going on, feel free to post in your own newspaper and then link to the post in the IC thread, that's fine to do.
  • We're all a bunch of poor folk. Don't be power-gamey.

General outline
  • Utari Mosir lay claim to Kamphon, which is a Cifutingan island, based on desire for the island's minerals (particularly cobalt and nickle production). Ostland is opposed to this claim as it destabilizes the region and they just don't like UM.
  • Meanwhile, an independence movement is also growing on Kamphon centered around primarily the really shitty living conditions and such. This independence movement is violent and guerilla style.
  • Cifutingan refuses to cede the island and tells UM to back off.
  • UM ignores the warning and lands troops who immediately start getting beat up on by the independence movement as well as Cifutingans, and Ostland and Cifutingan also launch ships to counter invade. The whole island becomes a mess of horrible warfare.
  • James does something boring, prob music related.
  • Maybe after a long while and a lot of death the independence movement grows and grows and finally throws off everyone. Probably first throws off Cifu because that's me and I can just do that, and then later the others. They're left alone to rebuild as a newly independent third world nation.
  • In UM, the weakened and defeated gov't is overthrown by the opposition.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Re: OOC Thread: The Kamphon Affair

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:10 am

Some of this looks good but I think it could do with balancing out a bit. We need more of this:
Zanz wrote:James does something boring, prob music related.

Probably don't need as much of this.

Seriously, though, Degalogesa will join the conflict later (once it has actually been unified as a proper state). Originally, I had planned for us to take advantage of UM's weakness by attempting a 'land grab' of sorts however it does share a border with Ostland too so we could just as easily attempt to take land from them. Perhaps it may be beneficial if there's an area where the majority of the population is Degalogesee within either Ostland or UM, thus providing a reasonable cause for invasion?
jamescfm

Postby FPC » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Well since Degalagosa shares a huge amount of border with UM, it would make sense for there to be a reasonable population of "degalogese" in certain areas close to the border.... And that combined with UMs weakness due to extended conflict would provide a perfect reason for an invasion... you could also add that UM controls an area which used to be Degalgoese and is some sort of sacred place perhaps? Im not sure if you want to play them as tribal as that but it could be an interesting addition.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:41 pm

FPC wrote:Well since Degalagosa shares a huge amount of border with UM, it would make sense for there to be a reasonable population of "degalogese" in certain areas close to the border.... And that combined with UMs weakness due to extended conflict would provide a perfect reason for an invasion... you could also add that UM controls an area which used to be Degalgoese and is some sort of sacred place perhaps? Im not sure if you want to play them as tribal as that but it could be an interesting addition.

Sounds fair enough, I'm thinking I will also use the fact that the government experiences a slump in popularity to provide a cause. By invading, they provide a reason for their 'nationalist' policies.
jamescfm

Return to World Events