IC Thread: The Kamphon Affair (DO NOT POST HERE OOC)

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

IC Thread: The Kamphon Affair (DO NOT POST HERE OOC)

Postby Zanz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Re: IC Thread: The Kamphon Affair (DO NOT POST HERE OOC)

Postby FPC » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Following the Utarian Prime Ministers statement, the government began to mobilise its armed services and move them to the southern border of the nation, on the coast closest to Kamphon. An official government spokesperson claimed the military action was just "a precaution" and insisted the government were doing all they could to avoid a military escalation.

Kamphonese islanders are beginning to become concerned and many are preparing to be caught in the cross fire between UM and Cifitugan. The leader of the Kamphonese Independence movement, Khun Haing, has called on both governments to be wary and remember the rights and wishes of the Kamphonese people rather than getting caught up in their own political disputes.

There has still been no official response from the Cifitugan government.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Zanz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Near Ruluos, Island of Kamphon, Cifutingan

The snapping sting of a mosquito bite on his ankle did not phase Preap Rith as he focused through a gap in the lush undergrowth on the meeting between two men he'd been tasked to observe. The smell of decay was heavy around him, a smell he and everyone on Kamphon had grown up with, the smell of rotting leaves and rain and volcanic ash and death. These men, bloody Cifus just off the boat for a trip to their jungle playground, covered their mouths to ward off the stench and waved their thin arms wildly at every buzzing gnat. They wouldn't last a week here. Rith would make sure of it.

In the wet heat of the jungle the human voice is deadened and hushed, weighed down and dragged to the earth by the moisture, like paint that never dries. Rith was hardly ten yards from the Cifus but could hear nothing but indiscernible rumblings from the men, their voices overpowered by the screech of macaws and howler monkeys deeper in the jungle, up the slopes of Phnomphleung, the extinct volcano that had long ago given Kamphon fertile soil but had since lay quiet as the island was sapped of nutrients by leeching and sapped of freedom by Cifus like these two.

As if the Cifus weren't enough, now some damn Mosirans, just another set of petty-Hulstrian imperialists with delusions of grandeur, claimed to own Kamphon. They'll get theirs, too.

Rith moved forward through the undergrowth, the dew collected on the broad green leaves cool on his face as he brushed them. The jungle was alive with sound, and picking out this conversation was his task. He'd need to be close.

"...ill bring fourteen from Suong and another eight from Khŭm Sráng, about ten miles from here, across the Sreng river. That won't replace them all, but these are good kids, quick fingers, worked in the mines near Thmar Kol a while, they're pretty hardy," said the man on the left, waving aside a particularly large mosquito and in so doing removing the cloth covering his face. He wore a heavy mustachio in the Hulstrian fashion, a practice that should have died out hundreds of years ago with Hulstrian rule, but hadn't.

"Twenty two will have to do," said the other, his voice lilting and sickeningly sweet. "We'll pay you, just not the full twenty four price, you know?"

"Um."

"You can't actually expect me to pay you for the full group when you lost two on the way, right?"

"Well, it's tight now. The Mosirans are fucking it all up, Kipatauw is being quiet and the price of labor's rising 'cause nobody knows what's going to happen next."

"Yeah, well, take it up with the Mosirans. I'm not too pissed, prices are going up everywhere, the Indralans and Kazulians are paying like twice what they were a year ago for this shit. If you can't find labor for me you're just missing out on the rush, not my fucking problem."

"Fine, twenty two, fair and square. We'll get them there in a week, yeah?"

The men cut off and separated, swinging their arms at the air and cursing the island. They stepped into separate vehicles and drove in opposite directions down the jungle road.

A week.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Zanz » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Ruluos Nickle & Cobalt Company (RN&C Co.) Mine Number 36, Near Ruluos, Island of Kamphon, Cifutingan

Suy Ponleak blinked back stinging sweat as his eyes adjusted to the harsh sunlight of the surface. His arms and face were pale from several years working the RN&C mine, but you couldn't tell - those pale and strong limbs were covered in a layer of dirt and grime and sweat so thick as to make Ponleak look like an Asliman from Talmoria. Ponleak's thin frame was covered in taught, lean muscle, but his ribs and bones poked against the skin, and scabs and scars covered the boy's twelve year old limbs and back.

As Ponleak stood in the sunlight, the Crew Leader caught sight and yelled to him to get moving. Ponleak's animal brain remembered the sting of the whip that'd given him those scars, and his feet took him forward in compliance without any conscious recognition of the change.

All around Ponleak other boys moved, too. Kamphonese boys were lucky to live past sixteen in the mines, and Mine Number 36 was particularly bad - fourteen years was what Ponleak had to look forward to.

As the boys moved from the mine shaft toward the mine camp, they were passed, going the other direction, by the second shift. The work leaders had the mine operating at top efficiency - two shifts of fifty boys, twelve hours long, led by crew leaders who were apparently chosen for their ingeniously creative cruelty. Ponleak had seen a boy of ten pushed into an unstable shaft and the supports kicked out, and his closest friend at nine had been starved to death in isolation for hoarding a particularly rich piece of ore.

This group of boys on second shift was particularly young, a new crop had arrived in the evening while first shift was underneath, no doubt. Ponleak remembered his arrival. He'd been sold to the miners by his own stepfather, a nasty Cifu who'd raped and married his mother when his father had died in a riot near Suong when he was six. He'd been at Mine Number 36 for nearly five years now, and still he could remember the face of that man, that man who'd stolen his mother. Ponleak wondered if any of these new boys had come from Suong, like him.

His wandering mind must have been apparent, as the Crew Leader was on him in an instant.

"Was wron' witchou, boy?" His mouth was sprayed with ragged and rotted teeth, a haphazard collection of browned and mossy gravestones. "Got yer firs' hard on for one o' dem?" He nodded, smirking, at the second shift boys. The Crew Leader lifted his arm high and brought his fist down on Ponleak's left ear, leaving the world spinning and bells ringing in Ponleak's head.

"Ge' back in line, fucko. You ain' gon' be dickin' any o' dem down, you eat, breath, an' shit nickle an' cobalt fo' the RN an' C. You ain' got a momen' ta use tha' lil' pecker or I ain' done mejob." As he stopped to breath and contemplated harmonizing the symphony of bells in Ponleak's head with a snap hit to the right ear, Ponleak blinked as the Crew Leader's hand went, instead, to his own jaw, where his cheek had just exploded in a rain of bone and hot, sticky blood.

"Urngggg?" the Crew Leader asked through his shattered face, unsure of what was transpiring. "Urngggg?" he asked again, guessing that no one had responded because they simply hadn't heard him.

The entirety of the camp had stopped dead and was looking at the Crew Leader. The boys, their Crew Leaders, the Cifu work leaders, everyone stared at Ponleak and the man with half a face, Ponleak doubled over in fear, the Crew Leader staring back in stunned confusion.

Shots rang out, and more crew leaders began to explode, their blood and bone striking the startled and blackened boys, most of whom suspected a trick, and stayed very still. The new blood, the boys delivered overnight from Suong and Khŭm Sráng, reacted with in various ways. Some shit themselves, which was not an uncommon occurrence in the mine anyway, and they were basically unnoticed. Some began to cry, perhaps never having seen a man die before, or perhaps having never been in the midst of a battlefield before, or perhaps both, or perhaps simply having wanted to cry for some time but not having felt the freedom to do so around so many others who were not crying. Some ran about, darting between the exploding crew leaders and work leaders, a few with destinations in mind, but none with much success.

The firestorm was ended in a moment, though it felt to Ponleak like hours. The Crew Leader had stopped asking "Urngggg?" and had instead bled to death, the bullet lodged in his lower left jaw having proved too much for him to handle. The Crew Leader's friends, too, were in various states of death when a small group of Kamphonese men - seventeen, eighteen, nineteen years old, and the oldest Kamphonese men many of the boys had ever seen, descended into the mine entryway carrying the rifles that had so violently expelled their loads into the Cifus' heads moments ago.

One of the men walked forward to Ponleak, who still stood holding his left ear, and who had not heard any of the gunshots over his bells. Those bells were clearing, now.

"Hello," said the man. "I'm sorry about that. My name is Preap Rith. These are my friends. We're here to take you home."
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby FPC » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Utarian Troops land on Kamphon

In a shock move by the UM government, they moved 200 hundred soldiers across the channel onto Kamphon and begun setting up a military base on the island. This comes after two days of silence from both the Cifitugan and Utarian Governments. As well as numerous disturbance on the island, including the shooting of several crew leaders at the RN&C Company by an unknown operator, and the torture and execution of an alleged Utarian Spy who was trying to escape the country, supposedly with Cifitugan secrets.

Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Auditorii » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Ostland mobilizes Army and Navy

Wolfsheim, Ostland - General-Admiral Vinzenz von Fellgiebel-Riesch, Commander of the Ostland Navy, announced today that the Carina Sea Fleet, also known as the Sea of Carina Fleet, would be mobilized and dispatched to Kamphon. Kamphon is an island claimed Utari Masori but belonging to Cifutingan. Ostland had previously stated that it would support Cifutingan due to its cultural and historical ties to Cifutingan as a former Dundorfian colony. The Carina Sea Fleet and is being dispatched to the Cifutingan-side of the island and the new State Chancellor Arvandus von Tobel announced that Ostland would be providing material support as well as potential combat support to the Cifutingan forces if necessary. The Grand Duke of Ostland, in an address before the State Council, noted that the formal declaration of war would only come if Utari Masori did not withdraw their forces.

The Grand Duke was joined by Chief of the General Staff Colonel-General Florian von Mueller-Kleiber who announced several regiments of the Ostland Landwehr had been dispatched to the border, including several mechanized regiments that would be responsible for a counter-attack in UM had UM not withdraw their forces. The speech to the State Council was met with endless applause and a impromptu singing of the Ostland National Anthem; the scene was broadcast across all Ostland TV stations including in the southern portion of the country where ethnic tensions remain high.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby FPC » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Kamphon, Enayko Forest

Xuan and his fellow squad mates had set down their packs and were resting for a minute, to drink or have a cigarette. After three days hiking across the mountainous humid island the men were exhausted and filthy. Dripping with sweat and covered in insect bites, they had been sent away from the main camp, their mission: to retrieve information about the number of Ostland soldiers. It should have been easy however the mountains terrain and harsh climate had caused their trek to take much longer than expected.

“How much further?”
“About 6 kilometres.”
“Fuck. We’ve been going for days! I can’t stand this fucking island!”

Xuan took another drag on the soggy, drooping cigarette that he had been using for the past 2 days, and grunted as he spat it onto the forest floor.

“Let’s get a move on,” he sighed, “I want to be there before nightfall.”
The 10 men stood and hauled their heavy packs back onto their tired shoulders and began to trudge wearily through the mud that covered the forest floor. Hours passed and night began to fall across the island. The men finally approached the military camp where Ostland had stationed its soldiers. They got down on all fours and began to crawl towards a vantage point, at this point all the men were exhausted and delirious. As they neared the crest of the rise which overlooked the Ostland camp, they heard footsteps and voices approaching. They immediately froze and listened intensely trying to make out what the voices were saying, but they were muffled by the background noise emanating from the camp.

“Shhh.. I can’t hear them,” whispered Xuan,
“Shit! What do we do?” replied the man next to him,
“I don’t know!”
“Let’s jump now and surprise them!”
“No! We should stay hidden for as long as possible.”
“They are going to find us! Sooner or later!”
“What do we do Xuan?”

Xuan thought for a moment and then whispered “on my mark. 1…2…3 NOW!”
The men jumped out and whirled to face the direction of the voices, they opened fire immediately, before they had a chance to register who they were shooting. The realisation only hit them when the bodies dropped to the floor, lifeless. They were small, fragile and un-armed. They were children, presumably out to watch the soldiers.

“Oh god!” cried on of the men, “What have we done!”
The shock and reality of the incident barely had time to register with the men before shouting could be heard from the camp, some 500m away, torch lights began to move quickly towards where the shots were fired. Xuan grabbed the man that had fired the killing shots, who was slumped against a tree in horror and began to drag him away from the area. “RUN!” he shouted to the others.

They barely had a chance to move when the first bullet hit. It lodged itself in a soldiers lung, he let out a blood curling scream and dropped to the ground.

“Stop there!” yelled one of the advancing attackers, Xuan and his squad kept running. Another bullet pierced the kneecap of a soldier who fell to the floor and was left screaming for mercy as the Ostland Soldiers surrounded and dispatched him. Bullets were now flying everywhere, Xuan’s squad had begun to return fire using the trees as cover. But they were tired and sloppy. The Ostland soldiers picked them off one by one. Xuan was the last man standing, he stood surrounded by the bodies of his squad mates, and some horrifically mutilated, some still screaming. He yelled and began to fire blindly towards the Ostland soldiers, as the bullets pierced his chest and his blood began pouring out, he pulled a pin on one of the grenades in his belt. He held it in his hand tightly and threw himself towards the enemy, “For the Emperor!” he yelled, just before the searing hot blast of shrapnel and fire consumed him.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby FPC » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Utari Mosir begins all out military attack on Kamphon

Just moments ago the Utarian PM Ozawa Yasou announced that the Utarian Troops stationed on Kamphon would begin an all out attack on the Island's capital city and surrounding villages in an attempt to capture the island by force. This comes after months of silence and growing tensions between UM and Cifitugan and her allies Ostland.

Following this announcement the Leaders of a newly formed Kamphonese Independence Movement said they would fight to defend their island and fight for their sovereignty which was under threat. This period has seen a large increase in calls for Independence on Kamphon and membership of the Independence movement is rapidly growing.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Return to World Events