OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Sorry @colonelvesica I can't count to three! :?

In all honesty I totally missed Istalia voting Aye on one if Axxell's posts.

Anyway, all good now. I have updated the OP on this thread to reflect the current situation.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby General.M » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 pm

colonelvesica wrote:I've definitely acknowledged Malivia multiple times in RP, I have it stated that Malivian scientists are on the research team at Fort Brett Hawkins, and they were instrumental in finishing the Hutorian Vaccine as quickly as we did.. mind you considering we are spending 25 times more then every other nation combined on research that's rather to be expected.

I have noticed that Hutori is pliffering the budget of five separate departments to fund Wolfsheim Research, and production and distribution of the Vaccine, and for RP purposes I'll also be putting the HQ of the Terran Health International Authority in Hutori as we have been untouched by the disease and have thrown the most resources at it.

Funding I've seen, and people are more then free to counter my point but

Hutori - 100 Billion
Istalia - 2.5 Billion
Malivia - 500 Million
Selucia - Unknown
Baltusia - Unknown
New Endralon - Unknown
Hyperion - Unknown
Indrala - Unknown
Kazullia - Unknown

Regardless in spite of the funding I think its fair to say we do have a handle on it at the very least... perhaps now with the WCHMO allowed to enter Ostland I assume we would find burnt down villages and mass graves?

@Stuntmonkey - While Hutori has Hulstria under a trade embargo for crimes against humanity, we would have given you vaccines via THIA

Is this the budget for every year or which has been put in research untill now?
I haven't RPed with Cancon before this RP event, and this is my justification of Cancon becoming a big international company (instead of operating entirely in New Endralon, where it practically owned the healthcare industry for 50 years). I RP as if Cancon depends entirely on this project, so a reallistic number would be... 800 million? Cancon was the first one to start researching and has had the longest time to fund the project.

As all nations and companies seem to have developed their own vaccine, Cancon has put most of its research into a cure, hoping to create some sort of monopoly on treatment for infected. I was thinking about the treatment as a medicine which helps the patients, but does not cure it, like RL hiv. I am gonna post something in a short time about updating my treatment into an effective treatement. A question, can I be the only one for a while with a 'cure' for the infection? Thats how I want to justify the growth of Cancon. As a justification for being the first:
General.M wrote:Cancon was the first one to start researching and has had the longest time to fund the project.

General.M wrote:As all nations and companies seem to have developed their own vaccine, Cancon has put most of its research into a cure

btw, it is Cancon who is funding research, not New Endralon
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Malivia will have around 22000+ dead before complete immunization anyone against?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:58 pm

@General.M

That is Hutori's annual budget, President Timothy Drumf basically put all federal resources available at tackling it, along with full international support from the various nations that have supported the Fort Brett Hawkins research project, which is why I was able to justify finding a vaccine in two years
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby General.M » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Wow, that is a lot. But is my 600 million a year realistic? It's the only way to compete with Hutori :D And I guess the numbers are in US dollars? The monetary system of the game is too broke to be realistic.
General.M

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 pm

It's in Lira of course lol... so its hard to say, but Lira is one of the world's more valuable currencies.. I did state we had New Endralon and Cancon scientists on Fort Brett Hawkins team lol..

and for a private company no 600 Million is very reasonable I think, I think Hyperion said they invested 100 Million into it, not sure on the Baltusian company
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby General.M » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 pm

colonelvesica wrote:It's in Lira of course lol... so its hard to say, but Lira is one of the world's more valuable currencies.. I did state we had New Endralon and Cancon scientists on Fort Brett Hawkins team lol..

and for a private company no 600 Million is very reasonable I think, I think Hyperion said they invested 100 Million into it, not sure on the Baltusian company

Eh, does that mean no, or does it mean reasonable?
General.M

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Yes it is reasonable
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Just posted the vaccine results. I decided to say that the combined attempts of the three vaccines seemed to suppress the symptoms of the disease. (Because i know people will be salty because i didn't say that their vaccine was the good one).
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Wu Han » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 am

colonelvesica wrote:Funding I've seen, and people are more then free to counter my point but

Hutori - 100 Billion
Istalia - 2.5 Billion
Malivia - 500 Million
Selucia - Unknown
Baltusia - Unknown
New Endralon - Unknown
Hyperion - Unknown
Indrala - Unknown
Kazullia - Unknown

Indrala's funding is ~12.5 billion.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania