OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

Postby Axxell » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Landing in Ostland and start to fight now will mean the war in Hulstria, which however it has to wait a little. To avoid an immediate war in Hulstria, the plague is the key to paralize the actions of most part of the involved nations.
After talking with Stunt I immagined the RP divided in 3 phase:
1st: Due the plague spread all the forces are forced to compromise and I think that Hulstria will concede something first of all because it need time for the "news" announced by stuntmonkey.
2nd: War in Ostland to drive out the Hulstrian.
3rd: War in Hulstria and fall of the regime, war definitively unleashed by the news announced by Stuntmonkey.

For the moment the most complicated is the first phase. Find an excuse so that all the involved should be forced to cooperate. I thought to:
- first death all over the world and a very serious situation in Dovani: this push the WC forces to find a comprimises with Hulstria because it is imperative contain the plague in Dovani and fight it in the eastern continent (or something like that, this is the part where I lack of some imagination)
- spread of the plague in Hulstria which begin to concern the Government which, due also to the international sanctions, it is not able to fight scientifically with the bacteria and burn the corpse and isolate the infected it is not anymore a solution.
So both the front are forced to think first of all to the plague because a war now would be useless and will only spread the infection faster and without control.

Then I think that Malivia and New Endralon/Kizenia could find a cure or something to prevent the infection and at that point one of the side decides to launch a surprise attack in Ostland.
Probably the Hulstrian, which when they will have the cure (the cure will be released to any nation, probably someone could also propose to not give the cure to Hulstria but most part of the other nations will refuse such an extreme proposal), scared by the fact that the WC forces could discovered its secret plans, decided to try a surprise assoult in Ostland.
By this point there will be warfare and war operations news about Ostland.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:04 pm

I really hope the surprise isn't that this was a biological weapons test gone wrong. Because that would suck.

1st: War in Ostland to drive out the Hulstrian.
2nd: Due the plague spread all the forces are forced to compromise and I think that Hulstria will concede something first of all because it need time for the "news" announced by stuntmonkey.
3rd: War in Hulstria and fall of the regime, war definitively unleashed by the news announced by Stuntmonkey.

My two cents is that this is the correct order of how stuff should go down. Because it would give all nations participating an actual chance to come into contact with the virus.

I assume heavily wounded soldiers will not stay in Dovani but be moved back to their home nations essentially carrying the disease back home.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:11 pm

In my eyes Steps 1 and 2 are interchangeable. And I like the idea of wounded soldiers being moved back home as another way to spread the disease.

But bear in mind if we go with Step 1 being "The Invasion of Ostland", everyone needs to get RP War bills passed in their countries (by two thirds of players with seats), troops numbers, deployment positions agreed etc before we move off. So there will be a delay in the RP.

So it may be advantageous to leave the Invasion of Ostland to Step 2 and battle the plague first. This allows us to carry on RPing elsewhere and drawing in more countries, while using this thread to get the 'paperwork' ready in order for war - both Invasion of Ostland and then Hulstria.

If this is the order to go with I can filter out some information immediately via player(s) that would potentially justify the delay in military action.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:20 pm

stuntmonkey wrote:In my eyes Steps 1 and 2 are interchangeable. And I like the idea of wounded soldiers being moved back home as another way to spread the disease.

But bear in mind if we go with Step 1 being "The Invasion of Ostland", everyone needs to get RP War bills passed in their countries (by two thirds of players with seats), troops numbers, deployment positions agreed etc before we move off. So there will be a delay in the RP.

So it may be advantageous to leave the Invasion of Ostland to Step 2 and battle the plague first. This allows us to carry on RPing elsewhere and drawing in more countries, while using this thread to get the 'paperwork' ready in order for war - both Invasion of Ostland and then Hulstria.

If this is the order to go with I can filter out some information immediately via player(s) that would potentially justify the delay in military action.

Nothing is concrete after all Kazulia is controlled by players that do not RP in the forum. So even if this was how things went down it would be difficult to say how we would invade Ostland.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Looks go so far.. I think the WCHMO needs to get mobilized and the spread of the disease hits Kazullia, Sekowo and Hulstria forcing us to compromise and work together... if the news if a bioweapon gone bad, that's when the Security Council intervenes in Ostland and Hulstria and we go from there.

In terms of troops, I have a blank cheque from all the players so I'm in regardless.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby RedReaper » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Sounds like a great RP. I was thinking that due to the tyrannical nature of the Hulstrian regime, and due to the severe economic and social damage a widespread epidemic would cause even in a relatively developed society like Hulstria, resistance movements may form within the country, possibly aiding or hindering the International Effort, similar to the Kurds in Iraq and Syria?
RedReaper

Postby cm9777 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 am

In regards to a temporary peace to stop the plague or whatever. Deltaria might be the best to preside over such a negotiation. The Crown Prince over in Hulstria is Half Thaller and my Thaller branch has generally good relations with Istalia.
cm9777

Postby Corvo Attano » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:31 am

cm9777 wrote:In regards to a temporary peace to stop the plague or whatever. Deltaria might be the best to preside over such a negotiation. The Crown Prince over in Hulstria is Half Thaller and my Thaller branch has generally good relations with Istalia.

Shame nobody wants to negotiate then.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11 am

RedReaper - A few people have approached regarding the possibility of resistance movements in Hulstria, which I am happy to go along with as this develops

CM977 - Hulstria needs all the help it can get and the Thaller-Deltaria-Istalia connection may pave the way to some negotiations and draw in other players and nations. Don't listen to Corvo, he's just got blood lust cos the Hulstrian's kept calling his ambassador a half-wit :lol:

I think on reflection, though, given what everyone has said and the timeframes based on, we are best with this running order:

1) News event which precipitates plague spread, which puts any serious armed conflict on hold as the world battles the disease.
2) War in Ostland to drive out Hulstria
3) Second News event, which leads to extension of war into Hustrian homeland and potential fall of the regime.

So, we'll feed out a news event shortly that should trigger (1) so we can continue with the RP draw in more nations and use this thread in the background to sort out troops numbers etc for (2) and (3).
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Corvo Attano » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 am

I started to RP a small clinical outbreak of the disease in Malivia. Don't know if I should go full on outbreak or say that because this was clinical outbreak the virus was weakened.

I would prefer not to be the nation that spreads the true virus in Artania though i have no problems with the virus getting in from another Artanian country to Malivia.

Also Malivia shall take its revenge! Muhahahahaha
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

PreviousNext

Return to World Events