OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

Postby Martinulus » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 pm

For reference of the parties to the conflict, I put the topographical data on the physical map. It fit surprisingly well, although the district boundaries as used on the campaign map will have to be retconned slightly after the war. Nothing major that should affect the war though, I should think, if we cross-reference a bit with this map.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:55 am

Sorry for the delay on my response guys :( had a really brutal weekend, I promise a quality post will be up either by the end of the night or early tomorrow!
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:46 am

No worries.

Once we are at the stage where the secondary defensive line is sufficiently compromised I'll fall back to the third and final circle around the capital. Again, anyone involved in the advance can post RP about the devastated situation of Hulstria (the economy has basically been turned over to sustain the army and pretty much everyone else is starving/ being stripped of land for agriculture). Also, any concerted push in Ostland at Wolfsheim will lead to the quick collapse of the military dictator there and you can install your own government.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Martinulus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 am

Allies, would it be an idea to already install a new Ostland government in Zibon, the old colonial/Crownland capital?

Re: Hulstria and Gao-Soto, Elf, RedReaper and I have been doing some planning behind the scenes as to the form of a new democratic government. We thought it would be most likely that this government would be Septembrist, as a large number of very strong allies would never allow the existence of a Communist State in H&GS. This, then, makes it unlikely for the Provisional Government to ever agree to negotiate (as I have already indicated with Fukuyama in the WC). We therefore present the following plan for the domestic RP:

1) As soon as Karstadt falls, the international community (or an overwhelming part of it) presumably recognises the Septembrists as the successor government. By then, the Septembrists won't just be me but also Red's new party NKEP and Elf's FKL.
2) The Volksstaat won't like this, of course, but they'll then be insurgents. There might be negotiations, but as noted above the Septembrists can hardly be expected to make many concessions to a party antithetical to their views which they can likely crush with the support of international assistance (and I've already got a few people who have said they will give it).
3) Since the Septembrists will be the new recognised government, the Basic Law becomes the constitution (lower-case). Maybe we can agree to all vote for the changes in the variables required, that'd save us the headache of having to figure out some other way of doing it.
4) The first general election to the Imperial Diet occurs under the Basic Law. The Septembrists run under a unified ticket (all Septembrist players are "15th of September Movement (Party name)").
5) A final version of the Constitution gets adopted, the new Septembrist Government starts stabilising and rebuilding the war-torn country. The Volksstaat gets hammered into the mountains where they continue to be a nuisance.
6) The 15th of September Movement dissolves itself and continues as the Septembrist Movement party organisation as usual, leaving a multi-party democracy.

Martinulus

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Martinulus wrote:Allies, would it be an idea to already install a new Ostland government in Zibon, the old colonial/Crownland capital?

Re: Hulstria and Gao-Soto, Elf, RedReaper and I have been doing some planning behind the scenes as to the form of a new democratic government. We thought it would be most likely that this government would be Septembrist, as a large number of very strong allies would never allow the existence of a Communist State in H&GS. This, then, makes it unlikely for the Provisional Government to ever agree to negotiate (as I have already indicated with Fukuyama in the WC). We therefore present the following plan for the domestic RP:

1) As soon as Karstadt falls, the international community (or an overwhelming part of it) presumably recognises the Septembrists as the successor government. By then, the Septembrists won't just be me but also Red's new party NKEP and Elf's FKL.
2) The Volksstaat won't like this, of course, but they'll then be insurgents. There might be negotiations, but as noted above the Septembrists can hardly be expected to make many concessions to a party antithetical to their views which they can likely crush with the support of international assistance (and I've already got a few people who have said they will give it).
3) Since the Septembrists will be the new recognised government, the Basic Law becomes the constitution (lower-case). Maybe we can agree to all vote for the changes in the variables required, that'd save us the headache of having to figure out some other way of doing it.
4) The first general election to the Imperial Diet occurs under the Basic Law. The Septembrists run under a unified ticket (all Septembrist players are "15th of September Movement (Party name)").
5) A final version of the Constitution gets adopted, the new Septembrist Government starts stabilising and rebuilding the war-torn country. The Volksstaat gets hammered into the mountains where they continue to be a nuisance.
6) The 15th of September Movement dissolves itself and continues as the Septembrist Movement party organisation as usual, leaving a multi-party democracy.

I do not support this Roleplay if Redreaper doesn't also.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Martinulus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:54 pm

He might want to confirm this himself, but I actually asked both him and Elf to sign off on the post before I made it, and they both did (otherwise I wouldn't have posted, and it's sort of illustrative that the post starts with "Elf, RedReaper and I have been discussing etc. etc.").

Martinulus

Postby RedReaper » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:I do not support this Roleplay if Redreaper doesn't also.

I'm in support of this. It seems the most realistic under the circumstances.
RedReaper

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:56 am

RedReaper wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:I do not support this Roleplay if Redreaper doesn't also.

I'm in support of this. It seems the most realistic under the circumstances.

Then carry on then.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Martinulus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 am

I don't know the position on this, but if coalition players are too busy to write up the posts on pushing forward into Hulstria, perhaps somebody else could take it over? Stuntmonkey (writing from the government perspective), or even me (as my troops will be part of the assault)? Basically we all know how the RP is going to unfold so surely anyone could write those posts with the permission of the other players.

Things are starting to drag a bit so if I need to help out for people who presumably have some RL stuff to deal with, feel free to ask!

Martinulus

Postby Martinulus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm

To get the fall of the Heinrich line moving along a little, I coordinated with stuntmonkey to have the RBW take some actions that would destabilise the defenses. Basically, they're dropping food and arms into regime-controlled areas to spur the deprived people there into open rebellion, which has resulted in a few local government areas defying the regime and proclaiming themselves self-governing Gemeinden (municipalities) of the United Imperial Crownlands.

Martinulus

PreviousNext

Return to World Events