OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby FPC » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Ok that seems to have gone down as well as a bowl of sick....


The reason we delayed was because Moderation wanted to ensure we could drive the RP team and the players to coordinate effectviley and make it fun.. but clearly there is appetite for a war now... soooooo in the biggest flip flop of the century: the war is back on yay!! pls dont impeach me lol, um sorry folks
Particracy Moderation
Wiki Admin and Bureaucrat (for some reason)
User avatar
FPC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am
Location: Scotland

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby stuntmonkey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Yes very much an appetite for War. But not so much for RP team involvement. The consensus seems to be for a player driven global conflict. That's fine; in fact I am absolutely delighted with this because it shows how much people are into this game.

So let's make this RP player led and make it a success.
But before I take a back seat there are a few things you need to do to make this work:

A) We need an up to date register of nations who wish to participate. With relevant war rps passed. Can someone coordinate that.

B) Make this the official thread for planning decisions. By all means discuss on Discord but any announcements please post here to avoid confusion.

C) We need a up to date list showing who is on whose side (Agreed by all players/countries). Can someone coordinate that.

D) And we need a storyboard showing how the current Malivian conflict develops into a war dragging in all continents and third world nation's too. Can someone coordinate that.

E) Finally, a summary of who wins who loses and broad consequences.

Those basics need to be posted here just to be absolutely fair to all current players and new players, so they can see at a glance what is going on and will be encouraged to join in.

That's all, really. These are things I was going to do but appreciate you want it to be player driven. The RP team will stand by to answer questions settle disputes and complement the RP where we can.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Stuntmonkey
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby Corvo Attano » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Do we cancel the Malivian Narik war and redo it after the cultural map stuff happens?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
User avatar
Corvo Attano
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby Arapaima13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:Do we cancel the Malivian Narik war and redo it after the cultural map stuff happens?


Keep going with the Malivian Narik war now, and use this as the mold for a spread of the Second Great Terran War.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
User avatar
Arapaima13
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:39 pm
Location: Kalopia

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby General.M » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:27 pm

stuntmonkey wrote:Yes very much an appetite for War. But not so much for RP team involvement. The consensus seems to be for a player driven global conflict. That's fine; in fact I am absolutely delighted with this because it shows how much people are into this game.

So let's make this RP player led and make it a success.
But before I take a back seat there are a few things you need to do to make this work:

A) We need an up to date register of nations who wish to participate. With relevant war rps passed. Can someone coordinate that.

B) Make this the official thread for planning decisions. By all means discuss on Discord but any announcements please post here to avoid confusion.

C) We need a up to date list showing who is on whose side (Agreed by all players/countries). Can someone coordinate that.

D) And we need a storyboard showing how the current Malivian conflict develops into a war dragging in all continents and third world nation's too. Can someone coordinate that.

E) Finally, a summary of who wins who loses and broad consequences.

Those basics need to be posted here just to be absolutely fair to all current players and new players, so they can see at a glance what is going on and will be encouraged to join in.

That's all, really. These are things I was going to do but appreciate you want it to be player driven. The RP team will stand by to answer questions settle disputes and complement the RP where we can.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Stuntmonkey

I didn't understand the reason to postphone it anyway. If moderation is busy with the cultural map, you still have the RP team which is supposed to 'lead' this kind of RP. I, and probably more people, am not against RP team involvement, or even RP team planning, unless it postpones things for months...

I already have a alliance list and with links to the relevant OOC bills (there are only three players who told me about their OOC bills. If everybody makes such a bill and posts it here, I will put them in.). Once again, Indrala could flip sides but that would make B way too powerfull. B is btw already overpowered I think...

Only thing I don't understand is that the Malivia and Narikaton conflict is the spark of the Terran War. To be honest it seems a bit unrealistic in my opinion. If I remember correctly the conflict wasn't even supposed to spark the terran war, only to increase tensions. To just have everybody support or Malivia or Narikaton is in my opinion boring. I hoped the RP team would initiatate events such as the space race or the resoursegrabbing already mentioned, and that we eventually would have enough tensions to create a terran war.
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianță a Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
User avatar
General.M
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:42 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby jamescfm » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Phil Piratin wrote:Please don't come out with insulting insinuations like this. This has been the latest in a series of such comments, unfortunately. If you have a problem with me, talk to me in private, thanks.

Sure, I will.
User avatar
jamescfm
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:41 pm
Location: Up In The Sky

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby jamescfm » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:29 pm

Regarding the actual topic of this thread, I don’t know the minute details but is it feasible that the Narikaton-Malivia war could act as a way for alliances to emerge which then lead to the World War?
User avatar
jamescfm
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:41 pm
Location: Up In The Sky

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby FPC » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:01 pm

I apologise for the confusion today... the flip flop was a mistake and I am deeply sorry. We had a lot of other stuff going on and this was an offhand discussion. I hope we can move on and forget about it.
Particracy Moderation
Wiki Admin and Bureaucrat (for some reason)
User avatar
FPC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am
Location: Scotland

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby General.M » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Arapaima13 wrote:The Role Play Team recognises that there is currently a little bit of confusion regarding the planning of the Second Great Terran War. Currently, we believe that it is too soon since the Hulstrian War Role-Play to justify another mass-scale conflict. We also believe that a major conflict such as the 2nd Great Terran War has to be sufficiently justified before it can proceed.

Currently the idea is that players create tension, and escalate divisions between nations - such as Malivia and Narikaton currently. These conflicts, alongside alliances made between nations, (I am sure most of you will have seen General.M's Alliance list: http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7739&start=50#p127842) will be tracked in anticipation for a Global Conflict that we are planning to occur as a result of an increased level of tension in Terra.

This will be accompanied alongside some ideas from the RP Team, such as a Space-race and Resource Grab RP, to create the right conditions for a global war.

I hope this helps clarify the situation regarding the Second Terran War. Feel free to ask any RP Team Member if you want more information.

If we could just stick to this plan, that would be great. I don't really like making the Narikaton vs Malivia war the spark
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianță a Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
User avatar
General.M
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:42 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:04 pm

jamescfm wrote:Regarding the actual topic of this thread, I don’t know the minute details but is it feasible that the Narikaton-Malivia war could act as a way for alliances to emerge which then lead to the World War?


It's quite possible, however, before I really launch into somethings I want to make sure that we've got some details squared away. I'm chatting with both Corvo and MBites actively to ensure all details have been ironed out before we start the actual posts about battles and whatnot.
"An Empire is never peaceably acquired or maintained. It is willed into existence. We are that will."
PT Wiki Aficionado & Fmr. RP Team Member
Eastern Homeland Association (Dolgavia)
Auditorii
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to World Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest