OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby CCP » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:25 pm

jamescfm wrote:You and I were discussing the Ikpi people in Aldegar yesterday, perhaps ethnic cleansing of these people could be the catalyst for the outbreak of war.

I had no idea there were Ikpi in Aldegar. When and how did they get there I wonder. Rest assured that Hawu and its allies will intervene if anyone takes hostile action against the Ikpi. We already allowed Saridan to cross the line due to the main Esinsundu Empire players going inactive, so we're overdue for a show of force on that front.

jamescfm wrote:Although we'd have to speak to the players, Mordusia/Saridan could resent the influx of refugees and if Aldegar is behaving aggressively anyway, this could be enough to spark conflict. Obviously, we'd need to consider how that becomes an international conflict (probably would require setting up some alliances and such).

Not saying I necessarily favor this storyline, but it would present a huge dilemma for the empire and its allies because the empire has considered Mordusia to be part of its Sphere of Influence for 200 years. We also had warm relations with Aldegar in the past. Add in our traditional antipathy to Saridan and we could draw in a fair number of governments for and against us in such a conflict.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby jamescfm » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:53 pm

CCP wrote:I had no idea there were Ikpi in Aldegar. When and how did they get there I wonder.

I was only ever aware of the Ikpi population in central Seleya, which I thought was where they were native to. Is there an Ikpi population established elsewhere?

CCP wrote:Not saying I necessarily favor this storyline, but it would present a huge dilemma for the empire and its allies because the empire has considered Mordusia to be part of its Sphere of Influence for 200 years. We also had warm relations with Aldegar in the past. Add in our traditional antipathy to Saridan and we could draw in a fair number of governments for and against us in such a conflict.

Generally speaking, I think this example suggests that a conflict which involves a substantial issue (such as slavery or genocide) being compounded by existing alliances and rivalries is the easiest way to create a realistic international conflict.
jamescfm

Postby CCP » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:06 pm

jamescfm wrote:I was only ever aware of the Ikpi population in central Seleya, which I thought was where they were native to. Is there an Ikpi population established elsewhere?

I didn't know they were from Seleya. I always thought they were from Dovani -- not sure if I projected that based on their phenotype or if I read that somewhere. I also assumed Aldegar was in Majatra due to their religion. Reading your post drove me to the wiki, and now it makes more sense to me that there are Ikpi in Aldegar. As far as established populations elsewhere, there are 6 million in Hawu, but we did that deliberately. I feel like I remember them living in other countries too, but I didn't find any mention of them when searching the Moderation forum for old CPs. I hope Aquinas didn't delete all the old CP threads on one of his clean-up frenzies, but whatever happened to it, I can't find a trace of them.

jamescfm wrote:Generally speaking, I think this example suggests that a conflict which involves a substantial issue (such as slavery or genocide) being compounded by existing alliances and rivalries is the easiest way to create a realistic international conflict.

I actually thought the Wolfsheim virus could have developed into a great World War but it seems to be wrapping up.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Maxington » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 am

CCP. I'll message you about an idea.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:03 am

Obviously Hutori would want to involve itself; reclaim it's glory and place of military prominence, especially with the now dominance of the victorious Hutorian military leadership being veteran of the 10 year combat mission in Hulstria
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Axxell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 pm

I think Istalia too will be involved. However, I have to express the same concerns already exposed: I think there is a lack of motivations and clear alliances.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby cm9777 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 pm

I've created a poll with some of the options that have been presented over the past few days. Many of the ideas fall under certain categories in the poll and there is also a Dorvik vs Valruzia idea in there as more of a specific idea. This is just a poll to get a rough idea of the sort of rp the community wants thanks.

If there are any issues with the poll/options that aren't in there but should be, just say the word and that can be fixed very easily.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14754556
cm9777

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 pm

The First Great War was nominally about slavery and State Rights... then it became about grudges. Hutori wanted to not only get rid of slavery in Deltaria but also settle accounts with Trigunia which had been building for years.

What we need are a few nations to start laying the groundwork.. getting a little more foreign policy aggressive, and beginning to lay the laticework for a good ol' fashioned WWI Treaty Clusterfuck
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Kazulia could rekindle its hatred of Indrala.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:31 pm

I should be able to pledge Zardugal to this RP. Although I think it would get involved reluctantly at first, probably through its commitments to its alliance with Istalia - after that I think Zardugal could drag in neighbouring Cobura given the strengthening bond between the two nations.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

PreviousNext

Return to General