OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby EdmundS » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:27 pm

General.M wrote:
EdmundS wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=555148

Please add Aldegar to Coalition B. I am the only player in the nation.

Added. Can I ask why Aldegar joins B?

I'm currently RPing the restoration of the monarchy in Aldegar, and I've planned with Vesica to closely cooperate with Hutori.
EdmundS

Postby TPPDJT » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Axxell wrote:
General.M wrote:Currently, there are not enough motivations for a Terran War to start. That is why the RP team has stated that they are currently developing RP events to increase tensions. Players are also encouraged to increase tensions with local conflicts, which is happening in situations such as the Malivia vs Narikaton war, the Kalopian tensions and the Statrican civil war.

So, I think that this alliances scheme will change in the future :lol:

I'm about to breack relations also with Solentia due to the Slavery allowing in the nation. Many blowing news soon from Majatra!:D

I would like for Solentia to be involved more with actions against Istalia but with every other party being opposed to mine this probably won't happen. :(
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

Postby stuntmonkey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:16 pm

Hello everyone,

Just to clarify that in light of the ongoing debate over the cultural map consultation, and to give us time to develop more defined rivalries, alliances and plausible justification for all-consuming global conflict that satisfies everyone, the 2nd Great Terran War RP is officially postponed.

That is not to say all the planning has been wasted as it will inform us as we move forward with this RP into the future and people can also use components of it to flesh out their own local or regional RPs.

For now I think there is plenty going on to keep everyone interested - such as the Malivian - Darnussian - Dorvik regional conflict - and there are several RPs from the RP team coming on line very soon. I encourage everyone to continue pushing on with their own RPs, make their voices heard in the world congress and on national newspaper threads. And I also encourage you to approach me at anytime with good ideas for future global RPs.

Apologies for confusion over the way this thread has played out over the last few weeks - for anyone who has any feedback the buck stops with me on this one, so please contact me.

Best wishes to you all!

Stuntmonkey
Chairman of the Global RP Team
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby General.M » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:46 pm

stuntmonkey wrote:Hello everyone,

Just to clarify that in light of the ongoing debate over the cultural map consultation, and to give us time to develop more defined rivalries, alliances and plausible justification for all-consuming global conflict that satisfies everyone, the 2nd Great Terran War RP is officially postponed.

That is not to say all the planning has been wasted as it will inform us as we move forward with this RP into the future and people can also use components of it to flesh out their own local or regional RPs.

For now I think there is plenty going on to keep everyone interested - such as the Malivian - Darnussian - Dorvik regional conflict - and there are several RPs from the RP team coming on line very soon. I encourage everyone to continue pushing on with their own RPs, make their voices heard in the world congress and on national newspaper threads. And I also encourage you to approach me at anytime with good ideas for future global RPs.

Apologies for confusion over the way this thread has played out over the last few weeks - for anyone who has any feedback the buck stops with me on this one, so please contact me.

Best wishes to you all!

Stuntmonkey

Postponed to when? The discussion about the cultural map will finish in March, and in my opinion that is a long time waiting.
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby Phil Piratin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm

General.M wrote:
stuntmonkey wrote:Hello everyone,

Best wishes to you all!

Stuntmonkey

Postponed to when? The discussion about the cultural map will finish in March, and in my opinion that is a long time waiting.

Actually, the date has now been moved from 13th March to 3rd April. This is a lot of time/energy to be putting into a massive reform which, at least in my view, we actually really don't need. Especially if it is consuming so much of the RP Team's time/focus that they are having to postpone an important RP project.

When the Great War does start, I would like to have New Englia involved, although probably at the peripheries rather than the centre of the action.
Phil Piratin

Postby stuntmonkey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:57 pm

@General.M: It would be rash and premature of me to try and give you a date right now. However, if you are champing at the bit for conflict, why not get involved with one of the regional or local conflicts currently ongoing?

@ Phil Piratin: I am glad you wish to participate; the more players the better. In terms of your other point it is not so much the Cultural Protocol consultation is taking up too much of the team's time rather the outcome of it may well better inform the direction of a general global war.

Thanks for your comments and questions.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Phil Piratin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:06 pm

stuntmonkey wrote:@ Phil Piratin: I am glad you wish to participate; the more players the better.

Yeah, New Englia is kind of allied with Statrica, and is also having a lot of internal problems and attracting a bit of international controversy...

stuntmonkey wrote:In terms of your other point it is not so much the Cultural Protocol consultation is taking up too much time rather the outcome of it may well better inform the direction of a general global war.

Thanks for the explanation, and yes, what you say is very understandable, as a shake-up of the cultures could potentially affect some things in terms of alliances/geopolitics/etc..

At the risk of diverging this topic (which I don't want to do too much...) I'm also wondering whether a culture shake-up could lead to the RP Team wanting to consider making significant revisions to the existing military and economic rankings. If that was so, then that's also something that could potentially affect this RP.
Phil Piratin

Postby General.M » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:10 pm

stuntmonkey wrote:@General.M: It would be rash and premature of me to try and give you a date right now. However, if you are champing at the bit for conflict, why not get involved with one of the regional or local conflicts currently ongoing?

I understand that you can't give an exact date, but a bit of a general direction, such as a month, would help. Should I think about Februari, or Juli for example? This timing would be important for my RP
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby FPC » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 pm

To be clear this desicion came from Moderation. We did not have enough time to devote to working on the war, this is by no means the fault of stuntmonkey and the RP team. We wanted to make sure this project wasn’t another one of the “almost good rps” that fizzle our due to lack of drive, so we felt it best to postpone to when there was a clearer motive behind the start of the war. We cannot give an exact date however if a situation breaks out that is a significant military development and the RP team judge it appropriate they will use that at this stimulus for picking the war back up again.

Over the next few weeks we will be asking the RP Team to start on some other smaller scale non-Military RP projects aswell as asssisitng in anyway possible with the current military conflicts going on throughout Terra.

I am sorry for the postponement and I promise it won’t be any longer than a month or two, we want to ensure everything goes aswell as possible and rushing it will not deliver the best results I hope you understand our point of view.

Thanks guys,
Fin
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Mbites » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:36 pm

FPC wrote:To be clear this desicion came from Moderation. We did not have enough time to devote to working on the war, this is by no means the fault of stuntmonkey and the RP team. We wanted to make sure this project wasn’t another one of the “almost good rps” that fizzle our due to lack of drive, so we felt it best to postpone to when there was a clearer motive behind the start of the war. We cannot give an exact date however if a situation breaks out that is a significant military development and the RP team judge it appropriate they will use that at this stimulus for picking the war back up again.

Over the next few weeks we will be asking the RP Team to start on some other smaller scale non-Military RP projects aswell as asssisitng in anyway possible with the current military conflicts going on throughout Terra.

I am sorry for the postponement and I promise it won’t be any longer than a month or two, we want to ensure everything goes aswell as possible and rushing it will not deliver the best results I hope you understand our point of view.

Thanks guys,
Fin

Makes it even worse that Moderations tries to regulate/hold/take interest from a player-driven project even though its not necessary nor should it be your jurisdiction. Its your job to do reactivations and keep players to follow the rules. Thanks for nothing.

/create organization DownWithModeration.net
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

PreviousNext

Return to General