OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:55 pm

lewiselder1 wrote:I thought the RP team had driven the whole war, though? Are there two plans? I’m quite confused.

I think they might've suggested it but otherwise, its up to the players to decide.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby General.M » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:03 pm

lewiselder1 wrote:I thought the RP team had driven the whole war, though? Are there two plans? I’m quite confused.

The RP team initiated the planning, after that players made plans. There are not two plans as far as I know
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby lewiselder1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Ah, my bad. Quite confusing haha!
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:23 am

Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Arapaima13 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:23 pm

The Role Play Team recognises that there is currently a little bit of confusion regarding the planning of the Second Great Terran War. Currently, we believe that it is too soon since the Hulstrian War Role-Play to justify another mass-scale conflict. We also believe that a major conflict such as the 2nd Great Terran War has to be sufficiently justified before it can proceed.

Currently the idea is that players create tension, and escalate divisions between nations - such as Malivia and Narikaton currently. These conflicts, alongside alliances made between nations, (I am sure most of you will have seen General.M's Alliance list: http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7739&start=50#p127842) will be tracked in anticipation for a Global Conflict that we are planning to occur as a result of an increased level of tension in Terra.

This will be accompanied alongside some ideas from the RP Team, such as a Space-race and Resource Grab RP, to create the right conditions for a global war.

I hope this helps clarify the situation regarding the Second Terran War. Feel free to ask any RP Team Member if you want more information.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Mbites » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Arapaima13 wrote:I hope this helps clarify the situation regarding the Second Terran War. Feel free to ask any RP Team Member if you want more information.

Yeah, just one question:
Does the RP Team have the authorization to stop us from making it player driven?
Because it really seems like you want us to stop, so we do it "your way."

Edit:
After reading my post again, it sounds a bit too aggressive. I am just worried that players are forced to roleplay in a certain way which would suck tbh.
Last edited by Mbites on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby Axxell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:34 pm

I fully agree. And I think that their decision was leading by concerns that I have too. It seems also that they are encouraging the players to develop a general increasing of the tension, in function of a better RP.
I don't think they are stopping us.

Furthermore, I think that localized skermishes if not minor conflicts could be a furthermore justification for the nations to take side.
Maybe some of brief, just to flame the souls and the the resentement.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Arapaima13 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Mbites wrote:Yeah, just one question:
Does the RP Team have the authorization to stop us from making it player driven?
Because it really seems like you want us to stop, so we do it "your way."

I think that the same rules and role play justifications apply as normal.

The RP Team have some ideas for role play (such as the Space Race, as previously mentioned) which would probably contribute to an increase in tension, but these are meant to expand and further the role play rather than limit it.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby General.M » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Arapaima13 wrote:The Role Play Team recognises that there is currently a little bit of confusion regarding the planning of the Second Great Terran War. Currently, we believe that it is too soon since the Hulstrian War Role-Play to justify another mass-scale conflict. We also believe that a major conflict such as the 2nd Great Terran War has to be sufficiently justified before it can proceed.

Currently the idea is that players create tension, and escalate divisions between nations - such as Malivia and Narikaton currently. These conflicts, alongside alliances made between nations, (I am sure most of you will have seen General.M's Alliance list: http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7739&start=50#p127842) will be tracked in anticipation for a Global Conflict that we are planning to occur as a result of an increased level of tension in Terra.

This will be accompanied alongside some ideas from the RP Team, such as a Space-race and Resource Grab RP, to create the right conditions for a global war.

I hope this helps clarify the situation regarding the Second Terran War. Feel free to ask any RP Team Member if you want more information.

Okay, that was something I didn't know. I thought that since it was silent in here, that the RP team didn't do anything.

As a hint for next time, could the RP team say what they are up to? I have already messaged players about the war as I didn't know the RP team wanted something else. I must say I have never understood why the RP team discusses in private.
General.M

Postby General.M » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 pm

I have updated my alliance list. Some nations have expressed that they want to join an alliance. And I have finally figured out what is happening in the Kalopian tensions.

Alliances at this point
A:
Indrala (maybe B)
Istalia
Jakania
Lourenne
Malivia
New Endralon
Solentia
Trigunia
Valruzia

B:
Aldegar
Deltaria
Dolgava
Dorvik
Hutori
Kazulia
Luthori
Narikaton
New Englia
Saridan

Neutral
Hulstria
Selucia
Vanuku

Kalopia is hated by both Deltaria (which is in B) and Jakania and Solentia (which I have placed in A because of their friendly relations with Istalia). That is why I havent been able to put them in an alliance.
Last edited by General.M on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
General.M

PreviousNext

Return to General