Likatonia Discusses Colonization of Keymon

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Likatonia Discusses Colonization of Keymon

Postby XerxesBaneOfSparta » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:36 pm

According to insiders in the Likatonian Republic, the current government is discussing colonizing Keymon, an island off the coast of Likatonia. An active resolution has majority votes (450 yea, 300 abstaining), and proclaims that "due to a humanitarian crisis" it would be fitting to declare Keymon historical Likatonian territory, and a colony.

Keymon currently lacks a functional government, further inviting foreign influence. While this resolution has not passed, and will not pass until september 5188, it marks a sour turn in relations between the two states. According to several members of the Likatonian Freedom Party: "Keymon needs our help, and we should do our best to be good neighbors"

XerxesBaneOfSparta

Re: Likatonia Discusses Colonization of Keymon

Postby XerxesBaneOfSparta » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:47 pm

Update: It is unanimous, Keymon will be colonized.
Last edited by XerxesBaneOfSparta on Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
XerxesBaneOfSparta

Postby Auditorii » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:13 am

OOC: I appreciate that this is becoming a somewhat yearly attempt. This RP is obviously invalid and doesn't count. I would advise taking a more in-depth look at the Particracy Game Rules, notably the sections about RP with nations that are empty.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby XerxesBaneOfSparta » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:08 am

OOC: It was going to fail due to logistical difficulties, and ultimately be given up on.
Didn’t think it was going to be significant in the long-term.
Sorry for not asking first.

Edit: Would it be possible to petition for the RP to continue? If Likatonia merely declares Keymon a colony, it doesn’t mean Keymon is a colony, it’s an unenforceable piece of paper. The goal of the RP was to prompt negative or positive responses from other countries, and have a diplomatic exchange. I understand the decision, and will abide by any choice made by moderation.
XerxesBaneOfSparta

Postby Auditorii » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:03 am

XerxesBaneOfSparta wrote:OOC: It was going to fail due to logistical difficulties, and ultimately be given up on.
Didn’t think it was going to be significant in the long-term.
Sorry for not asking first.

Edit: Would it be possible to petition for the RP to continue? If Likatonia merely declares Keymon a colony, it doesn’t mean Keymon is a colony, it’s an unenforceable piece of paper. The goal of the RP was to prompt negative or positive responses from other countries, and have a diplomatic exchange. I understand the decision, and will abide by any choice made by moderation.

While I would be generally supportive of such efforts should Keymon have been occupied, I am not supportive of this.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby XerxesBaneOfSparta » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:31 am

Aye
XerxesBaneOfSparta

Return to World Events