A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

Postby Luis1p » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:01 pm

It is now 21:00 HRS, 9 PM. More guests arrive as the party continues. The classical orchestra continues to play music to match the mood of the night. The Prince of Alvium Herbert, is joined by his brothers, Prince Philippe and Prince Maximillien in a large waltz dance.

Luis1p

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:05 pm

Luis1p wrote:
Robert F. Kennedy wrote:His Imperial Highness, Albert, Prince of Orange, taking one glass of brandy before talking to Queen Catherine V:

He bows to the Queen in respect before talking.

Your Majesty, I might say that my sister and I are deeply honored to represent both our parents to this marvelous party. Your dynasty has reached the 1000 years mark, that's something that deserve a little party, I might say.

He lets escape a little laugh

Yet, you have still a long way before dethroning the rule of the Orange-Villayns in Luthori. In more seriousness though, I would like to give that gift.

Proceeds to show her the Empress Elizabeth's diamond

This was the diamond offered by my great-great-grandfather to my great-great grandmother for their wedding. The diamond sat in the Empress Calathe's Crown before my mother and the Imperial Household accepted to offer it to you and your family. Consider this as the present from the Orange-Villayns to your family.

Queen Catherine V (Lourenne) speaking to Prince of Orange, Albert, of Luthori.

Ah, the Prince of Orange himself. Welcome to the royal estates! I must welcome your delegation. I see you have been misinformed. Tonight we celebrate 1000 years of my family solely in Lourenne. The Orléans-Vassers, we've reigned Canrille for over 2900 years! I enjoy this friendly competition of antiquity. We welcome our western cousins with open arms. I am glad you made it. Especially with that war going on.

Queen Catherine receives gift.

My! what a lovely gift! We thank you for your generosity! And of course, we have a gift for you as well. This tiara was from the Royal Vaults of Alduria at Semailles. It has been in the Orléans-Vasser dynasty since its creation. Here is the tiara of the silver rooster, the most highest order of Alduria--and a gift on behalf of King Leopold. He sends "his brightest wishes" as he couldn't be here today. But, as head of the family, I give you this gift as a sign of respect and friendship. We hope you will put it to use.

Hmph laughs a little Your Majesty, this present is wonderful, yet it's honestly one of the biggest trolling that I've ever seen.

Take a cup of tea and laughs

A big f. given to Luthori's claim to the Aldurian throne, I might add. Yet, otherwise, this present is wonderful, thank you for your attention.
Tory Party (Hardliners) - Primary account.
Controller of the House of Orange-Villayn Armstead.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Mbites » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:07 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:Sikreet Benowitz (Beiteynu) to Peter Thaller (N&D)

Fuming, as they're heading for the bar.

Come. Let's discuss implosion and explosion strategies.

At the bar.
You just know- "Two ThallerCola Vodka's please." what I love. We both know implosion is always the preferable option.
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:09 pm

Sikreet Benowitz (Beiteynu)

No, no. I'll have a Boulevardier.

Begins to sip the 5th with grace.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Luis1p » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:10 pm

Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:
Son of Heaven Wu Fagxun - eyes widened - reaponds to Queen Catherine’s gift

Madam, this gift is most appreciated and also too great. Let it remain with your family as a token of our bond - one that We could perhaps renew through blood. We have many sisters needing suitable husbands. Although Our family has tended to avoid foreign marriages, one which could serve as a basis for a new international relationship would be appropriate.

We could speak to you and your High Chancellor about this, including potential observer status in the West Dovani Union.

Queen Catherine V (Lourenne) speaking to Son of Heaven Wu Fangxun

I would be most happy to speak of suitable matches. My children are all of age soon.

To your luck, the High Chancellor is actually down the hall and to the left with other official elected heads of state. They are in the old coronation room. Shall I lead you for a conversation? Or shall we schedule this for a later date?
Luis1p

Postby Mbites » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:12 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:Sikreet Benowitz (Beiteynu)

No, no. I'll have a Boulevardier.

Begins to sip the 5th with grace.

Peter shrugs and begins nipping on his drink too.

Well.. by the way. I just remembered, I have a gift for the hosts. Some Rildanorian national treasure my ancestors took with them when they ruled there for one or two years.
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby Luis1p » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:15 pm

Robert F. Kennedy wrote:
Hmph laughs a little Your Majesty, this present is wonderful, yet it's honestly one of the biggest trolling that I've ever seen.

Take a cup of tea and laughs

A big f. given to Luthori's claim to the Aldurian throne, I might add. Yet, otherwise, this present is wonderful, thank you for your attention.

Queen Catherine V, speaking to Prince of Orange, Albert:

Aha! tu es si drôle, Albert, I thank you for being here. I enjoy the family banter. Please, enjoy your stay. Have a drink, have a dance! Go outside to the gardens for fresh air. The night is young, my prince.
Luis1p

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:18 pm

Mbites wrote:Peter shrugs and begins nipping on his drink too.

Well.. by the way. I just remembered, I have a gift for the hosts. Some Rildanorian national treasure my ancestors took with them when they ruled there for one or two years.

Still thinking about Hulanevek (Kundrati). Mumbles "what a prick" a couple of times. Watches the Meleh (Beiteynu) walk away with Hulavenek.

Raises an eyebrow barely listening to Thaller (N&D).
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Mbites » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:24 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:

Still thinking about Hulanevek (Kundrati). Mumbles "what a prick" a couple of times. Watches the Meleh (Beiteynu) walk away with Hulavenek.

Raises an eyebrow barely listening to Thaller (N&D).

Noticing that Sikreet isnt listening, Thaller claps him on the shoulder.

Ah, dont worry about him. It's the last hurrah of a declining power. The future is blue, white and orange.
Mbites

Postby Mbites » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:12 pm

Peter Thaller, exhausted by the rage of his friend Sikreet and slowly sobering up, decides to fulfill some social obligations by giving his gift to the host, Catherine V, he spots her in the room and approaches her carefully.

Your, Majesty? Peter Thaller, President and Chancellor of the Dual-republic, It is an honor to be here. Of course we would never attend without having a gift for you.

Thaller opens a decadently decorated box made out of fine wood coloured in the blue-white-orange of Narikaton & Darnussia and sporting the sigil of the Thaller family. It reveals a golden tiara engraved with rildanorian symbolism and canrillaise patterns.

For you, a tiara my ancestors have obtained from Rildanor, in the years they ruled there. I found it should be in your hands, where it is supposed to be.
Mbites

PreviousNext

Return to World Events