A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

Postby Luis1p » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:21 pm

Mbites wrote:Peter Thaller, exhausted by the rage of his friend Sikreet and slowly sobering up, decides to fulfill some social obligations by giving his gift to the host, Catherine V, he spots her in the room and approaches her carefully.

Your, Majesty? Peter Thaller, President and Chancellor of the Dual-republic, It is an honor to be here. Of course we would never attend without having a gift for you.

Thaller opens a decadently decorated box made out of fine wood coloured in the blue-white-orange of Narikaton & Darnussia and sporting the sigil of the Thaller family. It reveals a golden tiara engraved with rildanorian symbolism and canrillaise patterns.

For you, a tiara my ancestors have obtained from Rildanor, in the years they ruled there. I found it should be in your hands, where it is supposed to be.

Catherine V, speaking to Peter Thaller:
Ah, Hello, Mr. Thall-- Mr. Thaller. I must welcome you to our great fete. It is truly a remarkable sight to speak to a member of the infamous Thaller family. I welcome you to Lourenne and I am glad you are here to represent our friends, the Dual-Republic. Welcome. welcome.

The queen looks down at the third gift of the night. In shock and holds her breath.

Mr. Thaller, I -- I must thank you for this great gift. Wow--

Meleh Gabriel sneaks behind Catherine, squeezes her derriere discreetly and joins the conversation.

Meleh Gabriel (Beiteynu):
A great present indeed from Mr. Thaller. See to it that this great treasure is taken to the Queen's bedroom immediately.

Meleh Gabriel, smiles at Catherine and Peter, then leaves.

Mr. Thaller. Thank you once again for this great gift and for your visit. I hope the palace accommodations have been quite well for you.
Luis1p

Postby Svetlana2 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:32 pm

Soheila Hatami, a 60 years old maid casually cleaning up while the others are well doing their stuff
"I swear to god I'm way too old for this bullshit, I should've retired, I miss my bed so fucking bad!" she thought to herself while picking up empty glasses and cleaning traces of cocain lines,"At least those motherfuckers aren't banging like a bunch of rabbits trapped in a slaughter house, but eh, if drama happens it will be glorious and I will have something to tell to my grandkids." She chuckled softly before quickly moving to another room as to not disturb the partiers
Last edited by Svetlana2 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mind me just spreading som good old chaos and insanity and sometimes democracy and freedom depends on my mood
Svetlana2

Postby Mbites » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:35 pm

Luis1p wrote:Catherine V, speaking to Peter Thaller:
Ah, Hello, Mr. Thall-- Mr. Thaller. I must welcome you to our great fete. It is truly a remarkable sight to speak to a member of the infamous Thaller family. I welcome you to Lourenne and I am glad you are here to represent our friends, the Dual-Republic. Welcome. welcome.

The queen looks down at the third gift of the night. In shock and holds her breath.

Mr. Thaller, I -- I must thank you for this great gift. Wow--

Meleh Gabriel sneaks behind Catherine, squeezes her derriere discreetly and joins the conversation.

Meleh Gabriel (Beiteynu):
A great present indeed from Mr. Thaller. See to it that this great treasure is taken to the Queen's bedroom immediately.

Meleh Gabriel, smiles at Catherine and Peter, then leaves.

Mr. Thaller. Thank you once again for this great gift and for your visit. I hope the palace accommodations have been quite well for you.

Sorry that my name startled you, I am aware of the great baggage the name holds and will continue to do so, but I want to ensure you that the sins of our fathers are not forgotten and we are not going to forget our responsibilty to the world to do better, for all its peoples. Lourenne and its royal family will always have friends in the Dual-republic. Thank you for the warm welcome and this amazing festivity, I am sure you have a lot of people to greet and I would not be able to forgive myself for taking more of your time, so if you'd excuse me, I'll leave you to it.

Thaller nodded his head and continues to head back to Sikreet at the Bar, while thinking
This stupid bitch should be thankful that I didnt put some "Euphorenol" in her drink.
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby Svetlana2 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:50 pm

Soheila, talking with the bartender behind the counter
"Come on girl, is there tea?" She asked the bartender, a small grin appeared on his face before he reponded,"Oh trust hoe there is tea, a shittone even, so much tea I'm surprised I didn'thave an overdose fro it"Sheila's eyes widened from suprise before she tapped his shoulder playfully,"What kind of tea tho? The hot and juicy one or the meh it feels like I'm drinking dog piss kind of tea?"She asked while he thought to himself,"It depends but if it was real hot tea, I don't believe any of us could leave without being forced to sign a NDA"he let out an exhausted long sigh before adding,"Not gonna lie I just noticed that the N&D guests are drinking like they never tasted alcohol before, other than that it's the usual dumb bourgeoisie type of shit, by the way girl did your daughter Fatima come visit you?"he asked Soheila"It's the usual I guess, I don't know she's just way too busy with her work I barely see her but at least she still lives with me unlike her deadbeat of a father"Soheila rolled her eyes to the memory of her ex husband before she readjusted her dress,"Anyways bookie, I gotta clean another load of mess so see you later,"She waved him goodbye while stretching her back to relax it"See you later girl"he replied back
Don't mind me just spreading som good old chaos and insanity and sometimes democracy and freedom depends on my mood
Svetlana2

Postby Mbites » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:54 pm

Svetlana2 wrote:Soheila, talking with the bartender behind the counter
"Come on girl, is there tea?" She asked the bartender, a small grin appeared on his face before he reponded,"Oh trust hoe there is tea, a shittone even, so much tea I'm surprised I didn'thave an overdose fro it"Sheila's eyes widened from suprise before she tapped his shoulder playfully,"What kind of tea tho? The hot and juicy one or the meh it feels like I'm drinking dog piss kind of tea?"She asked while he thought to himself,"It depends but if it was real hot tea, I don't believe any of us could leave without being forced to sign a NDA"he let out an exhausted long sigh before adding,"Not gonna lie I just noticed that the N&D guests are drinking like they never tasted alcohol before, other than that it's the usual dumb bourgeoisie type of shit, by the way girl did your daughter Fatima come visit you?"he asked Soheila"It's the usual I guess, I don't know she's just way too busy with her work I barely see her but at least she still lives with me unlike her deadbeat of a father"Soheila rolled her eyes to the memory of her ex husband before she readjusted her dress,"Anyways bookie, I gotta clean another load of mess so see you later,"She waved him goodbye while stretching her back to relax it"See you later girl"he replied back

Thaller with a smile on the outside and burning hatred on the inside stepped into the little chat of the staff to order:

Abend' Ladies, 2 Shots of Tequila. You guys having a busy evening tonight?
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby BananaZebra » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:44 pm

Princess Erszébet stood alone in the bathroom.

The Princess’s nose burned, sharp and intense, like a burst of flame searing into her brain.

Erszébet sighed as the icy cold relief flowed through her veins, chasing down the burning like a salve. Her head felt fuzzy, light, and when she opened her eyes the light around her seemed hazy… murky, almost.

She looked at herself in the mirror; tired, gaunt. Her eyes drooped and sagged, beneath them beneath her foundation hid deep, purples eyebags – reinforced with many sleepless nights in the last year. Palming another pill from the bottle, Erszébet pinched it firmly between her fingers.

Just one more, she thought, as she ground it between her fingers.

The second rush sent a wave of ice water down her spine, and the Princess stepped back to the wall, leaning heavily against it. Clearing her head, she stood up straight and straightened her dress with the palm of her hand.

Stepping outside the bathroom door, Erszébet’s ears were assaulted, not by the transcendent orchestra filling the halls with the delicate reverberations of violins, the deep hums of the viola, nor even the harsh chicken-like plucking of the harpsichords – no, by something far worse.

The voice of her sister-in-law, the “Princess” of Egelion.

“Are you alright, ma chère?” asked Princess Valeria, reaching her hand out to Erszébet’s elbow to steady her sister-in-law as she stumbled out of the bathroom. “You’re all sweaty.”

“I’m quite fine. Are you ok though? You looked a little bloated – too much champagne, ma chère?”

Princess Valeria recoiled, her lips sneering upwards.

As she walked past Erszébet, she leaned in close to her ear.

“I can see now why they hate you.” Princess Valeria said with a sly smile, quickly leaving Erszébet standing by herself, jaw clenched, and hands balled to fists beneath the sleeves of her gown.

And I can see why your family of inbred rats lost an entire kingdom, Erszébet thought.

Across the room she saw her dim-witted fiancee Dumitru, already drunk in his usual fashion.

But her eyes were drawn to the center of the room where, dancing proudly, was Prince Albert of Luthori.

"May I have this dance?" she asked.
Hizb al-Ishtiraki al-Dimuqrati (Badara)
Uniós Párt | Partidul Unirii (New Endralon and Kizenia)
BananaZebra

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:50 pm

BananaZebra wrote:But her eyes were drawn to the center of the room where, dancing proudly, was Prince Albert of Luthori.

"May I have this dance?" she asked.

Prince Albert was surprised, yet who was he to really say no.

I didn't really planned to dance with a partner, Princess Erszébet. He lightly bowed. Yet, why not.
Tory Party (Hardliners) - Primary account.
Controller of the House of Orange-Villayn Armstead.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby BananaZebra » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 pm

Robert F. Kennedy wrote:

I didn't really planned to dance with a partner, Princess Erszébet. He lightly bowed. Yet, why not.

"Tut, tut. If life always went to plan, that wouldn't be too fun, would it?" the princess asked, her hand migrating dangerously far down the prince's back as he spun her away from his body and rapidly twisted her back in. Looking to her fiancee as he stumbled to chase down a waiter for another glass of champagne, she continued. "And wouldn't you say some plans are just meant to be broken? Begging for it, even?"

A smile played at the corners of her lips, her bright red lipstick catching the light of the candles in the chandeliers above.
BananaZebra

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:00 pm

BananaZebra wrote:
Robert F. Kennedy wrote:

"Tut, tut. If life always went to plan, that wouldn't be too fun, would it?" the princess asked, her hand migrating dangerously far down the prince's back as he spun her away from his body and rapidly twisted her back in. Looking to her fiancee as he stumbled to chase down a waiter for another glass of champagne, she continued. "And wouldn't you say some plans are just meant to be broken? Begging for it, even?"

A smile played a the corners of her lips, her bright red lipstick catching the light of the candles in the chandeliers above.

A sly smile drew over the Prince of Orange's face

Indeed, some plans are meant to be broken, I would lie if I would say that I was content with my loneliness before. Yet, fortunately, God sent me a pretty interesting woman to chat with.

He points to her fiancee.

Is this your fiancee, Princess?
Tory Party (Hardliners) - Primary account.
Controller of the House of Orange-Villayn Armstead.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby BananaZebra » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:05 pm

Princess Valeria of Egelion walked briskly away from her ill-fated meeting with her sister-in-law. Typical of that witch, Valeria just ignored it.

Dumitru stumbled past her, calling out for another glass of "cham-pan" in his broken Canrillaise.

Pobrecito, Valeria thought. He may be dumb as a sack of bricks but even he doesn't deserve to be married to such a cold, calculating monster.

Staring into the dancing crowd, Valeria noticed her sister-in-law dancing with the Prince of Luthori. Albert, was it? That didn't matter to her though, what mattered was her sister-in-law's hand; or rather, its placement.

Oh sister, Valeria thought. We'll see who comes out of this a "fake" princess.
BananaZebra

PreviousNext

Return to World Events