A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

Postby Luis1p » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:04 pm

PLEASE SEE PLANNING THREAD.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Luis1p on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luis1p

Re: A Party in the Clouds: Celebration at the Palace of Lights

Postby Luis1p » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

20:00, Palace of Lights, Hall of Lights.

Queen Catherine V (Lourenne) speaking to: Room full of guests and invited individuals:

Esteemed heads of state, Emperors, Kings, Queens, Monarchs, Prince and Princesses, and invited guests

It is my greatest honor to welcome you all to the Palace of Lights, the seat of Canrillaise monarchism for the past 1000 years. For generations, my family and ancestors have sat on the Golden Throne, leading our peoples towards a brighter future. I wish they were all here now to see what great progress we have made.

The Monarch of Lourenne is a symbol. It is a symbol of tradition, of culture, and a shared institution that unites the great people of our realm. We have played a part in the darkest days of Terra's past, but we have also tried to improve it and create a better world for all. Tonight is a night of celebration. We celebrate the longevity of Canrille, our house, and our great connection to all of our friends and allies. I would like to thank you all for coming to this most important night.

With that being said, please, enjoy all refreshments and hospitality provided to you by the palace staff.

Enjoy your night, and of course, do not get too crazy.

The crowd in the room claps, and is immediately followed by classical music:

Let the party begin.
Last edited by Luis1p on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luis1p

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:15 pm

Son of Heaven Wu Fangxun approaching Queen Catherine V and speaking:

Your Majesty, We are most honored to be among your guests for this momentous occasion. A millennia on the throne is quite a feat not many have accomplished save a few royal houses. It is certainly something to celebrate and take great pride.

To commemorate this occasion and Yingdala’s continued desire for friendship with Lourenne and the Canrillaise people, We present to you what We are calling the “Star of Lourenne” - a 50 carat sapphire pendant surrounded by smaller diamonds and jade, all set in gold. Each represents a different part of Lourenne, with the sapphire and jade coming directly from our mines.

We hope that we can further our relationship for the good of Dovani and Terra.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Luis1p » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:47 pm

Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Son of Heaven Wu Fangxun approaching Queen Catherine V and speaking:

Your Majesty, We are most honored to be among your guests for this momentous occasion. A millennia on the throne is quite a feat not many have accomplished save a few royal houses. It is certainly something to celebrate and take great pride.

To commemorate this occasion and Yingdala’s continued desire for friendship with Lourenne and the Canrillaise people, We present to you what We are calling the “Star of Lourenne” - a 50 carat sapphire pendant surrounded by smaller diamonds and jade, all set in gold. Each represents a different part of Lourenne, with the sapphire and jade coming directly from our mines.

We hope that we can further our relationship for the good of Dovani and Terra.

Queen Catherine V (Lourenne) speaking to Son of Heaven Wu Fangxun

The Queen turns from a conversation with her child. She looks at the Son of Heaven, bows in respect, and engages in conversation.

Ah, Your Majesty and Radiant Highness, I am truly honored to meet you. I must say, I am quite happy to see you here at the Palace of Lights. It is my great privilege to welcome you once again and show my appreciation to your great country.

I can assure you that no gastro issues will take place here. We have the finest cuisine and chefs that the nation can offer.

The Queen listens to Wu Fangxun and is presented with a gift.

..... My..... I am truly honored your majesty! This is a notable piece worthy of our halls and a great symbol of our friendship. I am truly honored, again, by your great humility and friendship. I shall see to it that the United Kingdom show its appreciation to Yingdala. For the time being please take this:

The Queen signals to her assistant and presents Wu Fangxun with a gift: A Gold Ring, set with a large 24 carat emerald in the shape of a dragon, surrounded by diamonds and smaller rubies.

This ring belonged to my ancestor, the Princess Louise Marie,the Duchess of Amoudry. She was the first woman in my dynasty to marry within the Yingdalan nobility. Her lineage however has died out. For 700 years already. Prince Haoyang gave this ring to the princess out of love an respect for their marriage. It has sat in our vaults for centuries. I find it appropriate to return it to Tian'an as a symbol of respect and deep cultural connections. May you recieve our gift with great honor and respect.

I once again thank you, your radiant highness. I leave you with this gift. May we talk again and of course, enjoy your stay.
Luis1p

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:49 pm

Sikreet Benowitz (Beiteynu)

Smacking his lips after a sip of the 3rd Boulevardier, he looks around. Eyes Peter Thaller (N&D) and...the Hulanevek (Kundrati).

The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby hyraemous » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:52 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:Sikreet Benowitz (Beiteynu)

Smacking his lips after a sip of the 3rd Boulevardier, he looks around. Eyes Peter Thaller (N&D) and...the Hulanevek (Kundrati).

William Jankovič Hulanevek (Kundrati), approaching Sikreet Benowitz

I read the paper. You killed my great-grandfather.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:56 pm

Frowns slightly.

Don't you play coy with me. You've known perfectly well, for quite some time now. All of you lot. And keep your goddamn voice down!

Sees Meleh Gabriel (Beiteynu) eyeing their convo from across the room. Raises eyebrows as if meaning to say "stay away" to the King.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:58 pm

His Imperial Highness, Albert, Prince of Orange, taking one glass of brandy before talking to Queen Catherine V:

He bows to the Queen in respect before talking.

Your Majesty, I might say that my sister and I are deeply honored to represent both our parents to this marvelous party. Your dynasty has reached the 1000 years mark, that's something that deserve a little party, I might say.

He lets escape a little laugh

Yet, you have still a long way before dethroning the rule of the Orange-Villayns in Luthori. In more seriousness though, I would like to give that gift.

Proceeds to show her the Empress Elizabeth's diamond

This was the diamond offered by my great-great-grandfather to my great-great grandmother for their wedding. The diamond sat in the Empress Calathe's Crown before my mother and the Imperial Household accepted to offer it to you and your family. Consider this as the present from the Orange-Villayns to your family.
Image Luthori, Image Hulstria
Constitutional Democratic Union, Hosian-Dermcratic Union
Controller of the Luthorian Monarchy (House of Orange-Villayn Armstead)
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby hyraemous » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:59 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:

Frowns slightly.

Don't you play coy with me. You've known perfectly well, for quite some time now. All of you lot. And keep your goddamn voice down!

Sees Mehel Gabriel (Beiteynu) eyeing their convo from across the room. Raises eyebrows as if meaning to say "stay away" to the King.

William Jankovič Hulanevek (Kundrati), looking at Mehel Gabriel.

For years I have only known that it was the Dorvish who killed him. A national secret, they said.

[voice quieting slowly, though a more angered tone emerges]
I'll be damned to hear that one of our great allies killed one of the most influential men of my land.

[Hulanevek motions the King to approach.]
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 pm

hyraemous wrote:William Jankovič Hulanevek (Kundrati), looking at Mehel Gabriel.

For years I have only known that it was the Dorvish who killed him. A national secret, they said.

[voice quieting slowly, though a more angered tone emerges]
I'll be damned to hear that one of our great allies killed one of the most influential men of my land.

[Hulanevek motions the King to approach.]

Don't pretend you're shocked. Just because Marit gave you that goddamn thing it didn't mean we wouldn't try to get it back. I know you have it!

We're now lame ducks under your own goddamn government. I thought you guys ran the country!
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Next

Return to World Events