Removal of 'The government does not allow foreign embassies'

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

Removal of 'The government does not allow foreign embassies'

Postby Edmund » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:05 pm

The variable contributes absolutely nothing to the game. Even North Korea allows foreign embassies. It is one of the most clearly will-only-ever-be-used-for-electioneering variables and under the 'game mechanics come first' rule screws with RP to an unbelievable extent. I would please ask Moderation to consider removing it (and, if possible, some of the other ridiculous variables).
Edmund

Re: Removal of 'The government does not allow foreign embassies'

Postby neoliberalbad » Sun May 30, 2021 3:47 am

I mean theoretically a nation could have no official foreign embassies for diplomatic and political reasons, but keep around Interest Sections and Institutes that serve as de facto embassies. It happens IRL; albeit not nearly to the extent of an absolute ban on ALL embassies, just certain ones. Just bc there are no official embassies dosen't necessarily mean there isn't going to be de facto diplomatic communication, but the move can serve as a symbolic and political gesture.
neoliberalbad

Postby Liukupukki » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:06 am

I personally would agree, that having a law that would remove all foreign embassies would really only hurt roleplay, and really contribute nothing.
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:45 pm

I think perhaps that the variable could be altered to: "The government doesn't permit full foreign embassies but allows consulates and other diplomatic offices."
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby neoliberalbad » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Auditorii wrote:I think perhaps that the variable could be altered to: "The government doesn't permit full foreign embassies but allows consulates and other diplomatic offices."

I concur, this gets the political message across while remaining realistic
neoliberalbad

Return to Laws