Presentation of new laws on "Laws of the Land" page

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

Presentation of new laws on "Laws of the Land" page

Postby Choice Party » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Feel free to say no guys, but for newly added laws, I reckon for about a month or so it'd be a good idea to say highlight the title by using red font or something along those lines so people can easily tell it's a new proposal, this would come in handy for players who don't really spend much time on the forum. Plus whilst scrolling down the laws list, it'll make things a lot easier for people looking for new laws to find them quicker. Thoughts?
Choice (Dolgaria) 3811-3832
Choice (Luthori) 3832-3875, 3899-3934
Choice (Kalistan)3875-3883
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Labour (Selucia)3934-3944
Progressive (Dolgavas)3944-3959
New Choice (Luthori) 3959-3982
LSP (Gaduridos) 3982-4004
Democratic (Mikuni-Hulstria) 4004-4038
Choice Party

Re: Presentation of new laws on "Laws of the Land" page

Postby Aquinas » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:38 pm

This has been split from the Final Draft Approval thread.

Firstly, thanks for thinking about players outside the forum, who it is sometimes too easy for us to neglect, and thanks also for your interest in improving the presentation aspect of the game - something I'm personally very keen to improve, at least so far as we are able to do so.

So far as I can see, it would not be possible for us to change the colour of the titles of new laws as they appear on the 'Laws of the Land' page (if anyone is confused about what I mean by the 'Laws of the Land' page, here is the one for Davostan).

What Moderators are able to do is:

i. Set the text that appears for the name of the law and all of the different options
ii. Determine which "category" the law falls under (eg. administrative, military, health, economics, justice, etc.).

Let me be very careful to say I'm not promising anything, but one possibility that does occur to me is that for, say, the first month, we could leave new laws under the 'Unsorted' category, where they would appear at the top of the 'Laws of the Land' page. We could also insert "(NEW!!!)" or something like that before the name of each new law.

The particular law which is already in the 'Unsorted' category, the one on retirement age, looks like it cannot be removed from that category. So if we did what I've suggested, that's a little thing that would be aesthetically unsatisfactory. Although we could ask Wouter if anything can be done about that.

Anyway, these are my initial thoughts. Feedback & suggestions welcome.
Aquinas

Postby Choice Party » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:42 am

Aquinas wrote:This has been split from the Final Draft Approval thread.

Firstly, thanks for thinking about players outside the forum, who it is sometimes too easy for us to neglect, and thanks also for your interest in improving the presentation aspect of the game - something I'm personally very keen to improve, at least so far as we are able to do so.

So far as I can see, it would not be possible for us to change the colour of the titles of new laws as they appear on the 'Laws of the Land' page (if anyone is confused about what I mean by the 'Laws of the Land' page, here is the one for Davostan).

i. Set the text that appears for the name of the law and all of the different options
ii. Determine which "category" the law falls under (eg. administrative, military, health, economics, justice, etc.).

Let me be very careful to say I'm not promising anything, but one possibility that does occur to me is that for, say, the first month, we could leave new laws under the 'Unsorted' category, where they would appear at the top of the 'Laws of the Land' page. We could also insert "(NEW!!!)" or something like that before the name of each new law.

The particular law which is already in the 'Unsorted' category, the one on retirement age, looks like it cannot be removed from that category. So if we did what I've suggested, that's a little thing that would be aesthetically unsatisfactory. Although we could ask Wouter if anything can be done about that.

Yeah, we could just rename "unsorted" to "new" I suppose. OR we just place new laws where they normally would be but write "NEW!!!" or something like that, perhaps in italics so it's easier to notice when scrolling past.
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Choice Party

Postby Amazeroth » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Choice Party wrote:
Aquinas wrote:This has been split from the Final Draft Approval thread.

Yeah, we could just rename "unsorted" to "new" I suppose. OR we just place new laws where they normally would be but write "NEW!!!" or something like that, perhaps in italics so it's easier to notice when scrolling past.

We sadly can't rename the category name, so they would just appear under "Unsorted". I'm also rather sure that we can't do italics there, so the "NEW" option is probably the only feasible one.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Choice Party » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:07 pm

In that case, I recommend just having "NEW!!!" so it's easier to spot then.
Choice (Hutori)3883-3899
Choice Party

Return to Laws