Human Genetic Selection

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

Human Genetic Selection

Postby Guillot » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:55 am

Name of the Law/Policy: Government Policy on Human Genetic Selection
Law/Policy Category: Technology

Options:

1. Human Genetic Selection is Illegal
2. Human Genetic Selection is Legal only to screen out deformities
3. Human Genetic Selection is Legal only for sex-selection
4. Human Genetic Selection is Legal for any reason
5. Human Genetic Selection is Legal for any reason and subsidised by the government
6. Human Genetic Selection is Legal for any reason and provided free by state-owned fertility clinics
7. Human Genetic Selection is mandatory to screen out deformities and genetic diseases
8. Human Genetic Selection is mandatory and the state selects the sex of every zygote
9. Policies on Human Genetic Selection are left to individual states

Effects:

1. Morality becomes more Conservative, Civil Rights become more Restrictive
2. Morality becomes slightly more Progressive, Civil Rights become slightly more Permissive
3. Morality becomes slightly more Progressive, Civil Rights become slightly more Permissive
4. Progressive Morality rises a lot, Civil Rights Permissiveness increases a lot
5. Progressive Morality rises a lot, Civil Rights Permissiveness increases a lot, Big Government increases
6. Progressive Morality rises a lot, Civil Rights Permissiveness increases a lot, Big Government increases, Market Regulation increases
7. Civil Rights become a lot more Restrictive
8. Civil Rights become a lot more Restrictive and Morality becomes slightly more Conservative
9. Devolution increases

Hey comments on this would really be appreciated! :)
Front de Libération Sociale of Le Royaume Démocratique d'Alduria
Guillot

Re: Human Genetic Selection

Postby EEL Mk2 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:58 am

Are you sure that mandatory genetic selection is morally progressive? I can kind of see what you are trying to get at, but I have my reservations. (Ditto for non-mandatory sex-selection.)
EEL Mk2

Re: Human Genetic Selection

Postby Guillot » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:44 am

EEL Mk2 wrote:Are you sure that mandatory genetic selection is morally progressive? I can kind of see what you are trying to get at, but I have my reservations. (Ditto for non-mandatory sex-selection.)

Ahh ok I see. Yeah so for mandatory genetic selection for disabilities it just causes civil rights to be more restrictive. Its only when you add in gender selection that it becomes morally conservative because of misogynistic elements.
Front de Libération Sociale of Le Royaume Démocratique d'Alduria
Guillot

Return to Laws