National and Regional Airlines

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

National and Regional Airlines

Postby utoronto » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Name of the Law/Policy: National and Regional Airlines
Law/Policy Catagory: Infrastructure

Options:
1. The State owns and operates a national flag carrier. It has a monopoly over all national and regional routes.
2. The national flag carrier is privately owned. It has a monopoly over all national and regional routes.
3. The State owns and operates a national flag carrier. It has a monopoly over all national routes but policy on regional airlines and routes are left to local governments.
4. The national flag carrier is privately owned. It has a monopoly over all national routes but policy on regional airlines and routes are left to local governments.
5. The State owns and operates a national airline, alongside private airlines.
6. The State does not involve itself in airline ownership and operations. All airlines are privately owned.
7. There is no national flag carrier, policy on airlines and routes are left to local governments.

Effects:
1. Big government (increase), Unitarism (increase), Regulation (increase)
2. Small government (increase), Unitarism (increase), Regulation (increase)
3. Big government (increase), Devolution (increase), Regulation (increase)
4. Small government (increase), Devolution (increase), Regulation (increase)
5. Big government (increase), Capitalism (increase)
6. Small government (increase), Capitalism (increase)
7. Devolution (increase)
Platforma Walruzyjska
utoronto

Location: RL: Poland+France+Canada / IC: Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska

Re: National and Regional Airlines

Postby Locke1342 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:14 am

Thought I would revive this as a suggestion given the fact that airlines seem to be such a hot topic. I have put a slightly modified version of the original bill below:

Name of the Law/Policy: National and Regional Airlines
Law/Policy Catagory: Infrastructure

Options:
1. The State owns and operates a national flag carrier. It has a monopoly over all national and regional routes.
2. The national flag carrier is privately owned. It has a monopoly over all national and regional routes.
3. The State owns and operates a national flag carrier. It has a monopoly over all national routes but policy on regional airlines and routes are left to local governments.
4. The national flag carrier is privately owned. It has a monopoly over all national routes but policy on regional airlines and routes are left to local governments.
5. The State owns and operates a national airline, alongside private airlines.
6. The State does not involve itself in airline ownership and operations. All airlines are privately owned.
7. There is no national flag carrier, policy on airlines and routes are left to local governments.

Effects:
1. Big government (increase), Unitarism (increase), Regulation (increase)
2. Unitarism (increase), Regulation (small increase)
3. Big government (increase), Devolution (small increase), Regulation (increase)
4. Small government (small increase), Devolution (small increase), Regulation (small increase)
5. Neutral/Default
6. Small government (increase), Capitalism (increase)
7. Devolution (increase)

Comments:

I've changed some of the effects but still not sure about them. I have kept the options the same right now; I don't think there is anything wrong with them, except maybe we might want to merge 3&4 cause there are a lot of variables here.
Image Noumonde
Locke1342

Return to Laws