Mining Rights and Oil Rights

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

Mining Rights and Oil Rights

Postby 18107 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:20 am

The government's policy on mining.

Laws:
The government leaves the mining industry entirely to the private sector, but subsidies mines which have ecological benefits.
The government leaves the mining industry entirely to the private sector, with subsidisations.
The government leaves the mining industry entirely to the private sector, but with pro-ecology subsidisation.
The government leaves the mining industry entirely to the private sector.
The government leaves the mining industry entirely to the private sector, with heavy regulations.
The government owns their own mines alongside private mines.
The government owns a monopoly on mining.
The government bans all forms of the mining industry.
Local governments may set mining policy.

Policies:
Small gov +, laissez-faire +
Small gov +, laissez-faire +, ecology --
Small gov +, laissez-faire +, ecology -
Small gov ++, laissez-faire ++, ecology --
Big gov +, regulator +, ecology -
Big gov ++, regulator ++, ecology -
Big gov ++, regulator ++, ecology ++
Devolution +

The government's policy on oil drilling.

Laws:
The government leaves the oil industry entirely to the private sector, but subsidies oil wells which have ecological benefits.
The government leaves the oil industry entirely to the private sector, with subsidisations.
The government leaves the oil industry entirely to the private sector, but with pro-ecology subsidisation.
The government leaves the oil industry entirely to the private sector.
The government leaves the oil industry entirely to the private sector, but with heavy regulations.
The government owns oil drills alongside private oil drills
The government owns a monopoly on oil drilling.
The government bans all forms of the oil drilling industry.
Local governments may set oil drilling policy.

Policies:
Small gov +, laissez-faire +
Small gov +, laissez-faire +, ecology --
Small gov ++, laissez-faire ++, ecology --
Big gov +, regulator +, ecology -
Big gov ++, regulator ++, ecology -
Big gov ++, regulator ++, ecology ++
Devolution +
Last edited by 18107 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Mining Rights and Oil Rights

Postby Wu-Shaoxian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:06 am

Just wondering, why does ecology drop more when oil drilling is not subsidised compared to when it is subsidised? I would think the removal of subsidies would reduce oil drilling and be more beneficial for the ecology. Just wondering.
疑古派/Yigu Faction of the Da Yingdala Tianchao (The Celestial Empire of Great Indrala)
自由進歩党/Liberal Progressives of the People's Republic of Sekowo
Wu-Shaoxian

Postby 18107 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:59 am

Wu-Shaoxian wrote:Just wondering, why does ecology drop more when oil drilling is not subsidised compared to when it is subsidised? I would think the removal of subsidies would reduce oil drilling and be more beneficial for the ecology. Just wondering.

True, I'll make so edits.

But my thoughts here were that, if the government subsidies oil drilling companies that use ecological methods of extraction (and/or fines those who violate) it could lead to an increase of ecology, but not by much.

Postby Wu-Shaoxian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:01 am

18107 wrote:
Wu-Shaoxian wrote:Just wondering, why does ecology drop more when oil drilling is not subsidised compared to when it is subsidised? I would think the removal of subsidies would reduce oil drilling and be more beneficial for the ecology. Just wondering.

But my thoughts here were that, if the government subsidies oil drilling companies that use ecological methods of extraction (and/or fines those who violate) it could lead to an increase of ecology, but not by much.

Ohhh I see, my mistake then. You may want to clarify its to incentivise environmental practices then, otherwise people may think its just subsidies to promote oil drilling in general.
疑古派/Yigu Faction of the Da Yingdala Tianchao (The Celestial Empire of Great Indrala)
Wu-Shaoxian

Postby 18107 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 am

Wu-Shaoxian wrote:
18107 wrote:

Ohhh I see, my mistake then. You may want to clarify its to incentivise environmental practices then, otherwise people may think its just subsidies to promote oil drilling in general.

Updated. I added an additional bracket.

Postby Wu-Shaoxian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:21 am

18107 wrote:
Wu-Shaoxian wrote:
18107 wrote:True, I'll make so edits.

Updated. I added an additional bracket.[/quote]

Ah I see, right that makes sense!
Wu-Shaoxian

Return to Laws